User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Jan 2009, 04:13   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
First came the FR/DE

Hull research starts with FR/DE for every race. It means each race has either a FR or DE pod.
Then only can the races choose to specialize in smaller (FI/CO) or bigger (CR/BS) ships. Both those researches take the same time to complete.
Then the races can go research the remaining classes or more interestingly specialize even further into smaller than FI/CO - bigger than CR/BS classes.
The new classes wouldn't be firing (no anti new class required) but bring other advantages:

- Smaller than FI/CO is the DRONE. Swarms of drones confuse enemy targeting system, making it lose a percentage of its firepower (max capped but otherwise depending on the value of the drone fleet). Eta of a drone is the same as FI/CO as there is no use in sending drones alone.

- Bigger than CR/BS is the MOTHERSHIP. Such a monster transports any class of ship. The capacity is calculated in fleet value. A Mothership travels at CR/BS speed but the amount of ships transported is hidden (including pods) until they are released in the target galaxy (eta5).

First those 2 ships can only travel incluster, an extra Travel Time research is needed to allow them to travel in universe.
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 06:07   #2
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: First came the FR/DE

I'd like to see an even bigger ship class called the "death star" that took heaps of resources but could kill an entire fleet automatically.

ps. don't you realise that most of your ideas and suggestions are overblown and unplayable?
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 06:16   #3
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

these ideas sound familiar to another game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 06:33   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post
ps. don't you realise that most of your ideas and suggestions are overblown and unplayable?
That's your opinion, I obviously disagree.
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 18:09   #5
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

personally i quite like the idea of researching fr/de pods first before you can research di/co pods

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 18:23   #6
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

lol.. nahhh think this although in dreamland sounds nice and exciting but in practicality would be pretty shit :/
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 15:17   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I did think about multiple skill levels for each meta ship (FI/CO + FR/DE + CR/BS).

Each meta ship type has 3 levels of research, each level taking longer than the last, each level gives you 5% bonus to either production/damage/armor/cost per level, which one is up to the devs.

Example techtree.

Name Time
Light Ship Class Training I 2400
Light Ship Class Training II 4800
Light Ship Class Training III 7200
Medium Ship Class Training I 2400
Medium Ship Class Training II 4800
Medium Ship Class Training III 7200
Heavy Ship Class Training I 2400
Heavy Ship Class Training II 4800
Heavy Ship Class Training III 7200

All level 1 meta ship type researchs are active at the start, so you can train all equally and not be as effective as going along a specific route.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 7 Jan 2009 at 16:08.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 15:59   #8
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

i like, will punish xan too as they have poor research

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote