User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 16 Mar 2007, 22:50   #1
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
R20 Who were you?

Obligatory thread despite the crap round.

<Munin> 4:5:2 (Zik) 'Herr Flick' of 'The Gestapo' Score: 2387772 (463) Value: 1056372 (297) Size: 753 (100) XP: 22190 (511)

Suicided 200k value last day, only built three ships (Thief, mara, clipp), didnt attack till about t500.

Ships (2,997 total)
Chimera 236 Drake 58
Pegasus 329 Wyvern 5
Dragon 14 Demeter 216
Leviathan 2 Thief 206
Clipper 1,000 Marauder 699
Galleon 65 Ranger 79
Dealer 1 Merchant 8
Rambler 79

Tried to steal fr and fake de with it, good theory since lots of ters in gal, bad in practice since no dealers ever landed
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 22:58   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R20 Who were you?

You are: I have become (2:3:13) (Clear)
Size: 241 1044
Value: 1,546,487 85
Score: 2,547,467 408
XP: 16,683 705

Ships (140,806 total)
Phantom 80,000 Apparition 20,000
Banshee 20,000 Wraith 10,000
Ghost 632 Spectre 174
Illusion 10,000

Lost my 1300 shadows on some stupid def a few weeks before round ended.

Another extremely bad planet rank round for me. Had my worst luck attacking ever seeing as my plan of roiding fat edts for xp turned out to not be so smart seeing as every edt had no value. After a month of def on 4\5 attacks i kind ofgave up attacking and instead started using my highly effective fleet defending instead, something which atleast did some good.

Did not enjoy this round at all, it truly cannot get any worse than this, neither planetwise or fun wise.
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 23:00   #3
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

10:5:5 (Ter)
'Sabikla' of 'Ycnadnecsa'
Score: 5459719 (3)
Value: 1420399 (112)
Size: 132 (1499)
XP: 67322 (5)
Total Round Roids: 5,973 (3)
Total Lost Roids: 5,841 (3)

Ships (3,772 total)
Harpy 60 Phoenix 675
Chimera 631 Drake 639
Pegasus 1,267 Demeter 500

Started off pretty well, was top20 value for 2/3 of the round, top terran most of the time. But it was impossible to hold onto roids, so i decided pretty early that i was going to whore refineries and fc's, it worked pretty well, kept my value high since i couldnt hold onto roids, i was mining what most of the top planets were most of the round. I went for a balanced fleet at the start, had syrens and bs.

Started to attack ziks with syren and dems only faked as my bs fleet, this worked pretty well as they would get anti bs def, keep thiefs home incase of fake de, usually ran there clippers pirates etc, because of wyverns and dragons, so my syrens just twatted the thiefs and dems picked up the roids.

Syrens became pretty useless when all etd's would do is whore dealers and what not, so i never built more, then i lost them all I never attacked with BS, maybe a couple thats about it. I was mainly de with harpies, my harpy+dems got through alot on targets hence I could pick up roids alot. But yeah i decided to let my bs die at home for salvage and whore de for the rest of the round, I had more but lost a few in the end.

Funniest moment of the round: Kept getting cov opped so i decided to spend each tick and cancel right at the end. The first tick i tried it i forgot and ended up ordering like 4.5k harpies, so i cancelled and lost alot of res

What a terrible round! Although id like to thank #ascendancy for making it rather enjoyable at some times

edit

More too add, once i hit 700-800 drakes and chims, i decided im not going to need more, so just pumped pegs, and started hitting xans with 20-25k banshee which was my aim, also to scare banshee def, i must say my de fleet never once encountered a real banshee fleet, they always ran because losses were so high for them, and pegs were the most underrated de of the round. I attacked agony solo forced him to spend his whole stock on bansheees forcing him upto 60k banshees. Big xans had between 20k-40k banshee but i still took them expecting losses but never had any

The nixes and harpies in my fleet where last day spent res decided to kill some incs

Last edited by Alki; 17 Mar 2007 at 02:52.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 23:12   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

You are: Lovie smith (4:5:9) (Clear)
Size: 227 1101
Value: 809,259 538
Score: 2,470,059 438
XP: 27,680 344

2 fleet attacked most of the rd , fr at ter targets and bs at xan/cat pick up a nice amount of roids but like most ppl couldnt hang on to them

not a great rd from a personal opinion
would much prefer a value rd
no real opinion on the new race as it was a xp round

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 23:53   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

You are: the only member (3:9:7) (Clear)
Size: 478 406
Value: 439,976 1089
Score: 2,118,536 575
XP: 27,976 334

Started of as scanner, then went afk for a week or so, started attacking a week ago when i was still 700k score.
Gaining 1.4 mil in a week isn't bad, even if it's done by xp. I usually go for value but was way too lazy to do that now + didn't have the time to play decent.

Ter DE rocked against fat etd's, pitty though most em them were xp whores

Sidenote: one of the worst rounds i've ever played: stats, alliances, overall boringness...
I thought this was supposed to be a wargame, not a "who can do galraids & get most xp" game

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 00:01   #6
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

You are: I LIKE (3:9:8) (Clear)
Size: 772 86
Value: 1,159,853 210
Score: 3,580,073 92
XP: 40,337 104

Ships (9,496 total)
Harpy 5,000 Phoenix 3,035
Chimera 449 Drake 741
Demeter 271

Started as scanner , but eventually stopped at 61 amps since the process was boring. Built drakes/dems to roid etds but also managed to line up 5k harpy / 3k phoenix for defences. I also had to keep 1 slot open to do the JGPs daily for raids so all in all i am pretty pleased with final rank
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 00:33   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Hey you (14:6:8) (Clear)
Size: 874 57
Value: 1,969,472 43
Score: 3,473,552 112
XP: 25,068 430

Ships (7,975 total)
Harpy 3,000 Phoenix 2,000
Chimera 985 Drake 600
Pegasus 100 Syren 540
Wyvern 50 Dragon 500
Demeter 100 Leviathan 100

Decided to pick another race than Cathaar to try and hold on to roids a bit better and thus grow some decent value, but this obviously didn't work out well with the stats in favour of XP. No matter what my value was (usually around top50), as soon as i got above 400 roids again i would be hit and roided. Also didn't have much 'luck' at the start by landing on alot of targets who had under 150 roids left by the time i'd land, due to doublebooking/piggies.

Really enjoyed the BS fleet as there weren't alot of times i had to recall it (and for some reason they were mistaken for DE on quite a few occasions leading me to kill quite a few Thiefs), unlike the DE fleet which was frequently defended by Thiefs / Banshees (of faked ones). With a few exceptions I never attacked with the Chims as they were on def duty nearly every day. One thing i learned that with XP its almost pointless to even bother to help others defend their roids if you want to get a decent rank, as basicly any day i shifted my focus to defending (be it with 2 or 3 fleets) i dropped ranks. All in all a pretty shit round due to all the incoming (FR/DE and FI) that i couldn't protect myself from regardless of the value i invested in the anti-ship, but not to unhappy about where i ended.
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 00:42   #8
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Did not enjoy this round at all, it truly cannot get any worse than this, neither planetwise or fun wise.
3:6 was easily the worst gal ever

< Munin> 10:2:11 (Ter) 'The Illegitimate Son' of 'God' Score: 4319819 (17) Value: 951599 (376) Size: 1065 (28) XP: 56137 (16)

Ships (2,710 total)
Harpy 1,400 Chimera 35
Drake 500 Pegasus 320
Syren 120 Dragon 100
Demeter 190 Leviathan 45

I did my standard 'do all my scan tech before I start attacking' act. This round it worked remarkably well, going from around 800th when I started attacking to 17th at the end. I only lost a significant amount of ships when I forgot to move 100 returning syrens away from dealer incoming. I tried the usual DE as BS fakes to begin with, but I couldn't find enough Xan active enough to have their Banshees out that were worth hitting with DE. And besides, I got better XP off Etd targets most of the time. So I used my DE unfaked and my BS unfaked.

I wouldn't call this the dullest round ever, primarily because the last week has been hilarious. Between the attack set up on Caj (along with the ensuing drama and action), jerome being closed for racism and then reopened when remy realized he 'couldn't be racist' and DeLoS winning the round, it was a good week. And really, a good week is all I need from a round of PA. A good round and I might spend too much time on it.
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 00:57   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

8:8:3 (Xan) 'The Predictability' of 'My Suicide Landings' Score: 3946309 (51) Value: 508669 (976) Size: 510 (341) XP: 57294 (14)

Surface Analysis Scan on 8:8:3 in tick 1129
Light Factory 1
Medium Factory 1
Wave Amplifier 115
Research Laboratory 3

Thanks to the people who hit me with skillers too.

Was a scanner for the most part, got roided to shit every time i got above 300 roids. Props to the people who cov opped me last few weeks of the round. one guy lost 10 dists and amps thanks to doing so.

I suicided 120k fi value on the last day cause i felt like it and couldnt be bothered to logon at college to recall.

Xan XP whoring was shit. Rogues, Wraiths. **** you paisley.

Asteroids (510 total)
Metal Crystal Eonium
173 168 169
Ships (25,284 total)
Phantom 8,836 Apparition 2,508
Banshee 3,259 Illusion 10,681

Sigh Total Fleets Launched: 192

**** off anyone who says 'xp whores dont work hard'

Last edited by Benneh; 17 Mar 2007 at 01:03.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 01:00   #10
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

You are: Lukas Podolski (6:5:5) (Clear)
Size: 234 1075
Value: 1,195,961 195
Score: 3,888,041 57
XP: 44,868 63

Ships (27,482 total)
Beetle 18,000 Viper 6,887
Tarantula 69 Roach 327
Mosquito 2,100 Hornet 99

I spent most the round t10. Instead of just going CO only like I had originally planned I decided to build a decent CR fleet to complement my CO. Then I took a chance and lost my whole CR fleet and didn't really recover, (despite the fact that dealers laughed at cat CR and I prefered CO anyway.) I tried to do a balance of value and xp, but it failed....

Anyway I organized probably the best attack ever seen in the history of pa against Forest on the last day that involved the brilliant skills of Roy Makaay and Mark van Bommel, however he was able to thwart even those 2.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 01:19   #11
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

You are: Nox noctis et matris (2:5:2) (Clear)
Size: 1,395 8
Value: 2,827,954 6
Score: 4,808,494 7
XP: 33,009 214

Ships (20,127 total)
Phoenix 406 Chimera 219
Drake 169 Pegasus 128
Demeter 68 Spider 588
Beetle 1,425 Viper 1,256
Mantis 6 Mosquito 626
Phantom 74 Apparition 24
Banshee 1,025 Wraith 578
Shadow 470 Illusion 47
Cutlass 803 Corsair 82
Thief 11 Buccaneer 6,078
Clipper 4,151 Privateer 1,266
Voyager 33 Vendor 314
Ranger 43 Dealer 104
Merchant 112 Rambler 21

i tried play value whore from the start... got some roids and tried to protect them.. kept them for awhile and before long i found myself if first spot.. i held first spot for the majority of the round before mac/elviz made me spend(far far too much of my stock).. this opened up the round

Next night i had 16 waves and my galaxy had 200~ fleets.. OUCH! heh.

i decided to make a move for #1 planet and i broke the nap with VGN with encouragement from mac/elviz/jer lol... reason why ? boring round. Xp sucked. I wanted a bit of fun -- anyways! landed on agony for schweet xp and a huge fc for my trouble lost fr/cr/bs (i shud of ran it but fell asleep ) (ps: fr/cr was fc'd)... my fi died the tick after vs crusies' pegasus... thus i tried xp whore on last days and managed to get back to top ten yay

my fleet is like pure de and pure co, left overs from my trouncing

least the last 3 days had a bit of energy and zest in them

\o/

ROLL ON A 100% VALUE ROUND

PS: My DE is best in universe muahahah
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 01:23   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

-Munin- 3:10:9 (Xan) 'The sky split in two' of 'I am camouflaged' Score: 4338938 (16) Value: 1519538 (91) Size: 513 (332) XP: 46990 (50)

Total Round Roids: 6,505 1
Total Lost Roids: 5,992 1

Ships (118,290 total)
Phantom 25,300 Apparition 21,246
Banshee 36,000 Wraith 10,500
Shadow 1,244 Illusion 24,000

my biggest mistake was making those ****ing shadows which i had to either leave a fleet home or pray to god i don't incoming for - if you're one of the 2 terrans who 3 waved me with a meagre amount of leviathons for me to build em **** you!

fleet composition wise, i attacked terrans with phant/bansh/wraith and etd's with apparitions, with some phantoms if the terran target didn't have all that many nixes. the biggest problem with xan was that, not only was it impossible to keep roids whilst being ascendancy at least, but also that xp was extremely difficult to gain since my own viable targets were terrans and etd: both of whom had barely any high value/roids players.

round in itself was pretty awful, but i still stuck with it attacking in and all out with a couple of lapses when i went clubbing with deep and nod, waking up to find my #1 roids planet with several, several uncovered waves heh. i stuck with it, choosing my targets carefully each night figuring out where i'd be the likeliest to land knowing that i'd need around 500+ xp (yes, 500; it's nothing but keep in mind i played as a VALUE xan, and was t100 value all round) with each landing, aiming for 1k xp usually really and with my persistence i eventually kept going and going and burst into a t10 contention regardless of my inability to keep roids due to the plain ridiculous amount of etd bs incoming i received. thanks to achilles, crusie, furbie_fanatic, spas and anyone else who defended me this round! qebab too, for wasting a slot on the last night

other than my planet management, i had a little bit of fun as i always seem to do these days, chitchatting with various hc's and officers, discussing the round and possible future moves and scenarios this seems to be a habit i've picked up off old bwtmc. plus, the whole business of wasting hours with shoshuro/barrow (and jesterina for the initial idea!) on organising ridding 60% (12k+) roids off 2:5 a few days before the end of the round was quite rewarding in the end too, especially with the chain of destructive events that followed concerning gosu/destiny.

all in all, i'm basically awesome. seriously awesome. and these stats were awful.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 19:36   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

<Munin> 7:5:14 (Xan) 'Cochese' of 'Hippiechicken' Score: 724489 (1159) Value: 488149 (1013) Size: 582 (245) XP: 3939 (1182)

Ships (30,108 total)
Phantom 10,000 Apparition 9800
Banshee 10,000 Wraith 108
Illusion 5,000

Should have ended with 693 roids, but I got roided right before the end apparently; I was out drinking all day and cba with PA

Pretty dull round. I played a freebie and started pt 300-ish I think, getting increasingly active as time went on. Made it almost all round without getting roided, or even attacked for that matter...which I thought was odd, given my size lately.

I focused on Cath planets with too few beetles, and Terrans with too few Harpies. Found someone's farm right at the end and nicked some 393 roids off it in three waves

Stats were pretty damn crap...wtf was up with the Wraith's initiative, I don't know :/

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 20:53   #14
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

7:9:2 Unholy Damnation of Holy Deliverance, Xan, 972,000 value and 3.1mill score.

Phantoms were lame without emp res, apparitions, banshees, wraiths and illusions were great. Everything else sucked, although the DE that targets co is decent if you had the odd 200mill laying around that you could afford a decent number of them.

I was top10 value and top25 rank early into the round didnt get enough def but the main failing for this round for xans were the inneffectiveness of the frigs, simple as. The ghost wasn't really useful either unless again you had plenty of res to spare. Eventually I just xp whored (I'm bad at it) and finished the round feeling annoyed at how uber the etd bs were.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 02:53   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

You are: Brood (9:8:6)
Size: 1,225 11
Value: 1,623,240 70
Score: 3,078,360 197
XP: 24,252 454

I got hammered the first few nights by 5+ waves and even more attackers. With out roids the growth was slow but I eventually caught up by round end. The last day was awesome as an attacker felt I needed more ships and resources to finish the round with.

http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=8932
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=8859
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 05:34   #16
Muppet
Slightly tipsy

Muppet is an unknown quantity at this point

Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse (6:9:3) Etd
Size: 175 1306
Value: 1,154,514 216
Score: 2,866,554 267
XP: 28,534 319

Can't remember exactly what my fleet was in the end but something like this (before the last 2 days atleast)
Wyvern 46 Dragon 67 Levitan 49
Voyager 1000 Vendor 5500
Ranger 450 Dealer 1650
Merchant 550 Investor 350
Tycoon 400 Broker 100
Rambler 200 Balif 80

Started slow as always and the finish crap just as the previous rounds
attacking Ter with my FR and xan or Etd with BS all round long. Don't think I ever attacked any cath or Zik. would have loved to steal some rouges to keep xans off my back but Vendors worked well. In one of many stupid moments I bought those Investors wich i regreted for the rest of the round as they were too few to be good for def and I always required a slot to flee them when incs were around. Most usless ship of the round for me atleast.
Had a few guest apearences in top 100 but usually dropped out again a few days later. Wasn't so hard to land but found it hard to keep roids as Edt. (I guess most others did as well this round tho)

Messed everything up in true muppet manner 3/4 days before round was over.
First got my bs cought by a terr when returning home. Got no love for Chims :\ Next tick I lost 90% of my FR couse I couldn't log in to move them in time due to being busy at work. So when last evening came I decided to go to bed to sleep ratrher than attack 1 last time as I was too tired and didn't really care any more. Didn't log in to move ships the following day so lost a bunch more and ended in red on the last day of the round again :P

Wasn't really much exiting round for me. Being an uninformed twat I found it rather boring mostly. I still enjoyed it tho but glad it's over. Bring on round 21 already!

Oh.
And thanks to those Terrans that attacked me with bs when I had a nice stack of res res saved. Those ships were quite usefull to me even if I lost a bunch along the way
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 11:59   #17
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

You are: Comical implications (15:5:8) (Clear)
Size: 336 764
Value: 865,990 470
Score: 3,650,770 83
XP: 46,413 55

Worst. Round. Ever.

The sole aim this round was to piss off as many top planets as possible. I built only CR and attacked in a small BG most nights. <3 elviz and voodoo

If it hadnt been for that id not have finished this round. And tbh, the only thing of note i did was making Caj spend his entire stockpile a few days before the round end.

Fleetwise, I had ~1500 roach. 600 tula and 300 hornets. + customary spiders for faking.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 15:02   #18
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

You are: Once Upon A Time (9:3:7) (Clear)
Size: 457 455
Value: 1,099,457 258
Score: 3,905,177 55
XP: 46,762 53

This was me. Started out trying to play for value with a strong BS fleet. Realised with about a week to go that XP was the way forward, built a Fr fleet, attacked with Vendor + Fr (Vendor to stop apparation def) and got about 800k in last week doing that in joint attacks with stif. Superb.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 17:05   #19
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

9:6:11 (Cat)
tuxed0 - tagged to ORBIT and attacked with and had a personal NAP with DESTINY
Little Boykapi of Girlkapi
Score: 2.1m
Value: 1.1m
Size: 450 ish
XP: 18k ish

Ships (approx)
Spider 1000 Beetle 5500
Viper 4500 Mantis 100
Scarab 1000 Widowmaker 100
Tarantula 350 Roach 650
Mosquito 1800 Hornet 100
Termite 500

I attacked with CO all round, faked my Termite as CR and killed a lot, Covert-opped DELOS about 7 times (havoc) at the end of the round but unfortunately didn't stop him from winning (despite killing his heavy and medium factory 10ticks from the end). i scanned for both alliances a bit, sent flack for attacks a few times, defended A LOT, and generally had a very pissed off round seeing losers exploit the poor stats and xp formula in order to gain ranks - while never defending galm8s/aly m8s. horrible round, horrible stats, maybe next will be better.

Killed many a structure this round.
Yes... I am evil.

-tux (woot, 200th post in 5+ years lol)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 19 Mar 2007 at 17:40.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 17:41   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You are: The Little Tank (4:5:6) (Clear)
Size: 141 1459
Value: 605,892 815
Score: 4,096,332 36
XP: 58,174 11

Led early on despite the recall bug pulling me from 3 targets ETA 1, fell away to outside the top 100 then settled on a serviceable DE fleet and stockpiled, playing for XP, sitting in the middle of the top 100. Then spent stockpile and went after larger players for bigger XPs in the last week, landing on the likes of Caj. Finished poorly with a silly fleetcrash as I just saw lots of piggies and couldn't be bothered to check, cost me 350k score.

Can't say it was really exciting until I started mixing it with the big boys. Up to then roiding easy Etds was hardly fun.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 21:32   #21
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Not realy hard to see, since i had it in forum signature all round, but:
Strong Beliver of DTA agriculture (4:7:11) (Cathaar)

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 22:10   #22
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

I have to say playing for value is more fun. I researched xan fr early so I didn't get attacked at all before advanced units saw daylight. I think I got first attacked around tick 300 or later. Also because of the lack of fleet analysis there was no need to spend all the resources on ships so I basically roided people with minimal fake fleets with pods only and stockpiled resources. This quickly resulted in a top 5 value rank. Once AU's appeared I built quite a large amount of shadows which I think were underestimated as self defensive ships. Etd's weren't value heavy enough to hit xans with lots of shadows early. The first real problems came when cathaars started massing roaches (hello `mac^, elviz and voodoo). However being value heavy helped getting a lot of stuff covered without ally defence. HOWEVER, after QEBAB SCREWED MY PRECIOUS FLEET (yes yes it wasn't even a bad crash but don't trust qebab to dc!), I decided to try something completely different...

Before reset at tick 735 as a xan:

Size: 634 75
Value: 1,453,119 7
Score: 1,969,059 45
XP: 8599 634

Then planet reset, bs research, landed first etd bs attack around tick 900. Three fleeting for 10 days straight with bs, and round ended like this:

You are: The hot flavor (10:6:7) (Clear)
Size: 779 82
Value: 585,720 857
Score: 4,060,200 38
XP: 57,908 12

Worst and easiest round ever. I hope they come up with something new or this game is dead.

edit: jer sucks

Last edited by Hude; 19 Mar 2007 at 22:20.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 13:00   #23
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

we only picked you because you were Asc and we knew def would be minimal.

pld after the reset though.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 23:07   #24
Ashka
Guard Your Dogs

Ashka is an unknown quantity at this point

Dealer (10:9:1) (Clear)
Size: 622 197
Value: 1,770,892 57
Score: 4,369,252 14
XP: 43,306 73

Stuck w/ DE and CR all round, End round had 4k dealers and an assorted FR fleet to 3 fleet with. Was fun but didnt like the Zik ships dying made it a pain to rebuild fleets after steals.
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 03:02   #25
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Ash is a noob

You are: The Years (10:9:3) (Clear)
Size: 1,467 4
Value: 2,142,637 33
Score: 3,166,357 177
XP: 17,062 690

Top 50 value, not even top 150 in score. I hate XP.
Other than that, i had fun playing zik. Having a stockpile meant almost 0 incs.
The most fun was faking my rogues + my 12 baliffs (<3) as cr on xans without shadows and few ghosts.

Last edited by Gio2k; 22 Mar 2007 at 03:10.
Gio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 17:18   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You are: The Little Tank (4:5:6) (Clear)
Size: 141 1459
Value: 605,892 815
Score: 4,096,332 36
XP: 58,174 11

Led early on despite the recall bug pulling me from 3 targets ETA 1, fell away to outside the top 100 then settled on a serviceable DE fleet and stockpiled, playing for XP, sitting in the middle of the top 100. Then spent stockpile and went after larger players for bigger XPs in the last week, landing on the likes of Caj. Finished poorly with a silly fleetcrash as I just saw lots of piggies and couldn't be bothered to check, cost me 350k score.

Can't say it was really exciting until I started mixing it with the big boys. Up to then roiding easy Etds was hardly fun.
Yeah if only someone had defended you, you could have done better.
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 12:41   #27
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I hate xp.
You mean you love bashing amirite
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 15:06   #28
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
You mean you love bashing amirite
No. I mean i hate XP.
I also happen to hit whatever target looks good to me, be it under my own value, or over it.
As i happen to be a value player, i don't just concentrate on my attack fleet, but also on defence ships and a balanced fleet altogether, which usually makes it more difficult to roid high value players.
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 22:02   #29
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (5:5:8) Xan

Size: 397 607
Value: 481,246 1025
Score: 3,035,686 210
XP: 42,574 77

started 3 days late, and didnt play the last week after i crashed my entire fleet (one of several rounds)
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 13:15   #30
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Yeah if only someone had defended you, you could have done better.
quoted for the truth

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 17:15   #31
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Asia of Carera (14:9:11) Zik

Size: 709
Value: 828,060 514
Score: 3,709,920
XP: 48,031 44
Total Round Roids: 3,236
Total Lost Roids: 2,527

One weekend i got bored and decided to play 1 more round. I signend up two weeks after tickstart. I choose Zik cause my plan was to go for value since i already knew im not gonna be active. When people would land on me, i could at least cap sum ships back. After suicided most of my fleets in the first 2 weeks i played, i decided to XP-whore. I went only for reffineries and 3-fleeting. I could only login to claim targets and build reffineries. I landed 99% of my attacks blind, wasted loads of ships that way, but i couldnt be arsed about it.
I only picked targets at least twice as higher in value than i was, my attackfleet was only DE. Seems this worked out for me with a minimal of activity, thats ridiculious!!!
I managed to end #76 and #1 Xp-whores for zikkies.

It have been a blast, Salute

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 11:54   #32
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

i just want to say cudos to Hude. excellent demonstration
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2007, 13:50   #33