User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 4 Mar 2016, 20:37   #1
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice
r66 Changes

Main changes
-Users now can put ships into a fleet and hand over ownership to alliance members with a new fleet access level to allow the alliance to launch a fleet to defend someone within your alliance. Note that prelaunch is not possible and alliances can only "cancel" fleet orders before the fleets have launched; they cannot recall them once launched.
-SKs can now only be launched at alliances you are at war with - unallied planets cannot launch fleets with SKs in. Warning notes will let users understand this.

Thoughts?
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 20:51   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: r66 Changes

SK change doesn't change anything really. It still needs to be addressed properly.

Alliance fleet thing is interesting, used to have a similar feature for galaxies that the MoD controlled, way back in the day. I can see how it makes less active players (hello!) somewhat more "useful".

That being said, if I'm not online for two days and someone with access doesn't like me, they can send my fleet to die against an un-coverable incoming knowing I'm not going to be online to check PA for two days.

Or, someone emo's and rage-quits without moving ships out of the alliance def fleet, etc etc. Send them to die...person sobers up later on and comes back to play nice...fleet is gone...more emo, etc.

Kinda funny really.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 20:55   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If that happens, I expect it to get stamped out very quickly, by the alliances themselves. Crashing is bad, crashing other people's fleets intentionally is worse.

I also assume (but do not know for sure) that only people with certain access levels can use these fleets, so the risk would be limited.

I think it's a very interesting change, I'm curious how it'll work out in practice.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 20:56   #4
Advantix

Advantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the rough

I think appoco hate the game and wanna be done with it.

Gonna be harder for smaller allys as defplanets doesnt need to be woken up to def...

Finally elviz and newteh gonna be usefull again
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 20:57   #5
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

I'd like some clarity just to confirm while the ally cant stop a fleet enroute the player still can. Additionally is this just one fleet or can I hand over 2 or 3?
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 21:00   #6
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantix View Post
Gonna be harder for smaller allys as defplanets doesnt need to be woken up to def...
There are not small or big alliances, there are alliances where defense is considered important and where effort is put into it, where this won't make a difference, and alliances whose members doesn't care much about that, where this modification will be good.
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 21:05   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
I'd like some clarity just to confirm while the ally cant stop a fleet enroute the player still can. Additionally is this just one fleet or can I hand over 2 or 3?
I would think the player can still recall it.

Appoco said only 1 fleet when I asked him a bit ago, as I had the same question. Makes sense, otherwise I'd set up 3 fleets and login once a day

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 21:50   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The setup:
the player has to move ships into a particular fleet and flag that the alliance can use it
the alliance can then launch it only to defend planets in your alliance. They can "cancel" the order before launch, but otherwise can't recall.
The planet itself has to recall if necessary.
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 22:58   #9
Cochese
Retired

Thanks for the clarification Appoco.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 23:02   #10
Steffk3n

Steffk3n is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its a nice idea. Really a change and interesting. Lets see how this works out.
R71: Apprime
R70: Illuminati HC
R69: Illuminati HC
R68: Illuminati HC
R67: Black Flag Officer
R66: Black Flag Officer
R65: Rainbows Officer
R64: Black Flag
R4-R6: Wrath / Fury - GTO
Steffk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 23:41   #11
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Nothing about bps...you suck so hard.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 00:09   #12
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

SK change is ok. But way more could be done about SKs.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 00:29   #13
Deakonn

Deakonn is an unknown quantity at this point

Unread 5 Mar 2016, 00:55   #14
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

I'm just wondering why?
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 01:16   #15
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

OMG what an awful change, so you have basically improved Ults defence to 100% whilst adding a ton of stress to the DCs in less active alliances. Whilst not helping their coverage at all.

And you didn't bother addressing BPs at all? The actual change ppl had asked for unilaterally.

Just pull the plug if all you can muster is this crap.

Also why can't I launch sks whilst I'm not in tag? Why is having a tag nrssecary to use ships available for me to buy if I'm not in tag. You cannot restrict players like this just cos they don't buy into the teamwork element of the game, either have sks for all at any time or scrap them, none of this diluted piss water
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 02:39   #16
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
OMG what an awful change, so you have basically improved Ults defence to 100% whilst adding a ton of stress to the DCs in less active alliances. Whilst not helping their coverage at all.

And you didn't bother addressing BPs at all? The actual change ppl had asked for unilaterally.

Also why can't I launch sks whilst I'm not in tag? Why is having a tag nrssecary to use ships available for me to buy if I'm not in tag. You cannot restrict players like this just cos they don't buy into the teamwork element of the game, either have sks for all at any time or scrap them, none of this diluted piss water
I'm going to have to agree with Kaiba 100%, this was probably the least thought through, most retarded changes to this game in recent history. So sad. On the bright side, I get to be an Ult def whore and be a whole lot less active doing it! Gonna be so great, only logging in for a few minutes per day hehe.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 03:14   #17
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:

That doesn't make any sense, how does this not help their coverage? And how exactly does that benefit Ult the most? They already have the most people that ARE willing to wake up.

Quote:
Read the post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
We will soon finalise the buddy pack and alliance rules for Round 66, but other changes are as follows:
Quote:
There's one person here that needs to pull a plug from somewhere and he's not in PATeam...
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 03:59   #18
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
That doesn't make any sense, how does this not help their coverage? And how exactly does that benefit Ult the most? They already have the most people that ARE willing to wake up.

Read the post?

There's one person here that needs to pull a plug from somewhere and he's not in PATeam...
Patrick I re read the post and still see nothing on bps please elaborate if you know something we don't

In regards to the def change. I don't know if it will make Ult stronger or not but I don't really care a broad change like this shouldn't be debated as to which specific allies will benefit but the broader implications. The allies that do have a dedicated trusted dc will benefit as you will not want to give this access to everyone. Far too easy to exploit or for someone to waste or crash or worse deliberately misdirect fleets. At least that's my initial thought I haven't fully thought it through yet.

What I have heard is between your stats. No Bp changes. And these changes there are a number of players who are debating if they actually want to play and a number of allies that are thinking screw it let's take a round off/relaxed. That for sure is not to the benefit of a game with a heavily diminished player base.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 04:49   #19
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I even quoted the part about BPs...

I think at the very least this is a change we can play with for a round. People act like a change like this is the end of the world and quite frankly it does their arguments a disservice.

Without a doubt though, this change makes it easier to defend, therefore harder to land, and landing is the part that makes people play. (and to preempt the inevitable, no I don't think my stats by themselves would be too defensive)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 05:02   #20
fortran

Quote:
The allies that do have a dedicated trusted dc will benefit as you will not want to give this access to everyone. Far too easy to exploit or for someone to waste or crash or worse deliberately misdirect fleets. At least that's my initial thought I haven't fully thought it through yet.
One with enough access can deliberately mass msg his own ally mates to send fleets on wrong places or to recall landable attacks and covered defs, delete incs, set incs as "covered" while they are not, give intel, empty ally fund scanning for no reason, kick players, accept players and accepts naps.
Why is it a concern now?

Quote:
Ult uses 3 fleets for def every night, so if 3 members doesn't answer calls each night, it will only improve from 95% to 96.7%. Other allies can have a greater gain.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 08:15   #21
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I even quoted the part about BPs...

I think at the very least this is a change we can play with for a round. People act like a change like this is the end of the world and quite frankly it does their arguments a disservice.

Without a doubt though, this change makes it easier to defend, therefore harder to land, and landing is the part that makes people play. (and to preempt the inevitable, no I don't think my stats by themselves would be too defensive)
Your adressing my major concern with this change here. Stats that are too defensive will even more lead to a dull round. Id love to agree that the proposed set isnt too defensive, but i dont. With 2 metaclasses hitting 4 others wach, i dont think many can land against an organised fort. Specially as both metaclasses combined are covering against all 6 metaclasses. Go fr/de forts with good defense in your alliance and your very hard to roid. The stats issue was discussed in another tread though.

On a sidenote i dont think ult are the ones benefiting the most from those ally def fleets. But they will improve an excellent defence with it even more.

Fazit: Give us an offensive set to try the Feature

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 09:16   #22
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Actually it doesn't improve coverage, it improves the ability to cover. It still requires good dcs to use the fleets correctly. This is why I think it will make Ults defence almost impenetrable (the 5 guys who maybe couldn't respond at night now can all leave fleets for competent dcs to use). On the flipside there was a few posts I have seen about other alliances defence where there was no dcs about so this wouldn't solve any issue they have. Plus more worryingly alliances such as CT and ND in the past have used 6-8am retal attacks to get incs to go away or land over the top. Now you will get more scenarios where ppl who do that will wake to find their fleet ETA3 defending a long recalled defleech and no ability to help remove the mass incs that followed in behind.

And let's not even get started on defensive crashes that will cause sooooooo much emo :/
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 09:17   #23
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

And OK thank you Patrikc about the BP change thing, though why is he holding back the one peice of info that will hopefully stop ppl moaning needlessly about your stats
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 13:12   #24
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

My 2 cents
On alliance def fleets I am kinda on the fence. It could turn out to be an excellent change but there does seem to be a good balance of positives and negatives to it so don’t think I can fully endorse it despite my desire to see changes in pa.

Pros:
1, Compensates for attack pl – I presume this was the intention and this change is really about the discussion whether pre launch should be limited.
2, Gives Europeans more sleep – all in all makes the game one which requires less antisocial hours.
3, Makes things more interesting for alliances; there are a whole new set of questions – how many of each defence fleet are we likely to need overnight? How to construct defence fleets for people who wont be on overnight to give maximum utility to the alliance. And on the offensive side how to soak up these defence fleets; launch more early fakes/encourage your members to do more recall/relaunches to get around defence that will keep flying.
The alliances it should benefit most are alliances for the relatively inactive that have dcs. BB regularly states that bows always has a dc on so this should be an immense benefit to them. Kaiba mentioned that it benefits Ult and I guess it does, but only a little. The big difference would be it helping Ult members to get more sleep

Cons:
1, As already mentioned the possibility that someone could cause chaos in your alliance. Not a big threat really as someone malicious can already do a lot.
2, Perhaps more worrying for alliances that have close to full access for all members would be incompetent dcs – fear those who sent your fleet of and mark the defence covered as soon as attackers are in the red even if defence is much more in the red!
3, Makes pa more defensive; during gal raiding parts of the round when no one alliance is getting disproportionate incs everyone will be able to better cover incs. This may lead to more bashing. It may however spread attacks out a bit more; if alliance def is more likely to be used overnight then it becomes more worthwhile attacking through the morning and into the afternoon.
4, Makes people think they don’t need to respond at all during the night so could actually shrink the defence pool.
All however are not particularly big negatives.

From a purely personal standpoint such a change could be bad for alliances like p3n where the problem is less the response rate but the lack of dcs. I wonder if it may even force these alliances to move to a more normal structure to ensure these fleets are used.

Imo the change to SKs on the other hand is almost entirely negative. As much as I hate SKs it is getting to the point where they may as well be taken out of the game as they become increasingly unuseable. Why waste the resources to build a ship you will only use a couple of times in a round. P3n and Ult were fighting for most of the round, I am fairly sure that p3n only was at ingame war with ult once (if that, I did not notice it happening but others in p3n say it did). As a result SK usage is restricted to a couple of days in each round. I guess this may be an attempt to get the war feature used more but if this is the case then the war feature should be changed for example have it so that an alliance can set how long the war will last when they declare it, the cooldown is then proportional to the total time spent at war.
SKs should be made so that they are useful and relevant; Mz’s suggestion http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...80&postcount=3 is a good one for anyone who has not read it. All in all there has not been an outcry against SKs for some time now so I am not sure why we are still attempting to nerf them yet further.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 13:29   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
From a purely personal standpoint such a change could be bad for alliances like p3n where the problem is less the response rate but the lack of dcs. I wonder if it may even force these alliances to move to a more normal structure to ensure these fleets are used.
Honestly, of all the things in PA alliances might struggle with, having enough DCs is just about the easiest one to solve. If your (or any) alliance hasn't bothered to, then that's pure laziness.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 14:57   #26
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Odd criticism coming from someone who most of the time does not even play anymore! Yes it is laziness, as I think is the amount p3n prelaunches. And I agree that it is possible to solve (indeed there is a prop up about dcs at the moment) as p3n has people who used to dc the only difficulty is that the alliance is largely European so it would require someone losing sleep over it if our few non Europeans are not willing. Where I am undecided is whether it will mean that people when around will be willing to dc by moving around the defense fleets. If they do then it could be a big benefit to p3n - I just dont know if it will happen or not.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 15:59   #27
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Im pro the fleet access ... welldone
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 16:56   #28
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
(the 5 guys who maybe couldn't respond at night now can all leave fleets for competent dcs to use).
They can't do that since you can only offer ONE fleet to the alliance.
One fleet with a preset fleet composition that can not be changed.

So a competent DC can use 1 fleet of a member that is not online..
Also: since the alliance can NOT recall the fleets, only the planet can, it can make launch+recall+launch more intresting..

If the DC uses the alliance fleets to cover the first wave - which then recalls to relaunch - then these fleets will no longer be available until the member gets online to recall it themselfs...
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 18:14   #29
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
They can't do that since you can only offer ONE fleet to the alliance.
One fleet with a preset fleet composition that can not be changed.
Oh yes they will struggle with 5 extra fleets to be used by a competent DC, it's gonna be a killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram
So a competent DC can use 1 fleet of a member that is not online..
Also: since the alliance can NOT recall the fleets, only the planet can, it can make launch+recall+launch more intresting..

If the DC uses the alliance fleets to cover the first wave - which then recalls to relaunch - then these fleets will no longer be available until the member gets online to recall it themselfs...
So basically exactly what I said. This change will only emphasis the difference between the good and tge mediocre
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 18:18   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Odd criticism coming from someone who most of the time does not even play anymore! Yes it is laziness, as I think is the amount p3n prelaunches. And I agree that it is possible to solve (indeed there is a prop up about dcs at the moment) as p3n has people who used to dc the only difficulty is that the alliance is largely European so it would require someone losing sleep over it if our few non Europeans are not willing. Where I am undecided is whether it will mean that people when around will be willing to dc by moving around the defense fleets. If they do then it could be a big benefit to p3n - I just dont know if it will happen or not.
It wasn't criticism of p3nguins, it was criticism of your implied criticism that the game should somehow cater to your failings.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 19:25   #31
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

This change will mainly benifit the less active alliances such as Ct Nd Bows because as along as their members remeber to set the fleet up before heading to bed. The Dc around that night will be able to cover more calls per night and won't have to "rely" 100% on people waking up, Activity will still be required from the members because as mentioned before you can not recall the fleet for the member so once its set its gone unless they wake up.

I just worry that this change will make the game much more defensive and that seems to be quite a common complaint going around and infact is usually a good moral killer for alliances. Most people in this game like to land attacks and if you launch 5 attacks and don't land any of them you begin to lose interest and soon it just devolves into bigger attack waves.

Now the good part about this for the active alliance like Ult p3n Faceless is that launch recall / fakes are much more effective will have to become part of the normal war protocal. Also live launch will lose most of its effectiveness unless you catch the alliance/ target off guard.

Overall Its hard to say if I think this is a good change, I am willing to try it for a round and find out but i suspect that it is a bad change and will just cause the game to get stagnated more quickly which will lead to less activity which ultimately makes people quit. However I am willing to try it, ONCE.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 19:49   #32
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It wasn't criticism of p3nguins, it was criticism of your implied criticism that the game should somehow cater to your failings.
My implied criticism was not meant to be anything of the sort. That is why it was after my analysis and then given the qualifier that it was purely a personal perspective - the impact on me personally rather than my views on the change as it would affect the game as a whole!
And p3n needs a kick up the ass to get it active and capable again!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 20:33   #33
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh yes they will struggle with 5 extra fleets to be used by a competent DC, it's gonna be a killer.

So basically exactly what I said. This change will only emphasis the difference between the good and tge mediocre
Nope, you said all fleets.. There is a big difference between being able to use 15 extra fleet vs 5 extra fleets.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 21:22   #34
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Amazing
Just perfect

Good job pa team
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 21:23   #35
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Nope, you said all fleets.. There is a big difference between being able to use 15 extra fleet vs 5 extra fleets.
Go back, reread what I said then revise your statement. Seriously need to actually read posts before jumping all over them just because of who wrote it.
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 23:14   #36
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I'm curious as to why there's whining over this new feature. The only ones to not benefit from this change are the more active tags. It means they can't 'farm' the lesser tags easily. At least it'll give the non-capable tags the chance to fight and not be bullied.

Planetarion also need a something new to stop the constant cycle of repetitiveness. So at least give it a chance rather than cry and whine when you don't know how it'll turn out.

+1 for the PA Team trying something new.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 04:17   #37
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Honestly, of all the things in PA alliances might struggle with, having enough DCs is just about the easiest one to solve. If your (or any) alliance hasn't bothered to, then that's pure laziness.

Out of his long thought out post that's what you jump on? F off man lets keep this on topic instead of another futile dick measuring contest
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 08:20   #38
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Like it boy =)

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 15:49   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Out of his long thought out post that's what you jump on? F off man lets keep this on topic instead of another futile dick measuring contest
Be quiet when the grownups talk.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 01:52   #40
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The alliance fleets exist in another game (spinner game). It works because there is a limit to the size of the fleet one player can set, like 20% of his total fleet maximum.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:26   #41
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Round 66 Signups Open: Friday 11th March 2016
Round 66 Ticks Start: Friday 18th March 2016
Round 66 Ticks End: Friday 8th April 2016

Half a round - guess they are doing some experimenting
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:24   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

"Oops."
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:27   #43
Spammer

Spammer has a spectacular aura aboutSpammer has a spectacular aura about

Signups open: 21:00 Friday 11th March
Ticks start: 20:00 GMT Friday, 18th March
Shuffle: 07:00 GMT Saturday, 19th March
Ticks end: 20:00 GMT Friday, 6th May
Havoc starts: 09:00 GMT Saturday, 7th May
Havoc ends: 20:00 GMT Thursday, 19th May
Spammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:53   #44
Krypton
KK

They edited
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 16:41   #45
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
The alliance fleets exist in another game (spinner game). It works because there is a limit to the size of the fleet one player can set, like 20% of his total fleet maximum.
It is probably the best part about "said game."

I am for it.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 10:32   #46
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Good change, i like it and hope it works out. Would be great if we could get rid of bps and get a more offensive set of stats to go with this change.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2016, 12:09   #47
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

id like to hear some opinions on the alliance defence feature, anyone found it useful or annoying !?

me personally think this is a very nice thing which reallly enables more succesful defence for those alliances with less ambitioned players

luckily the very offensive stats made its usage not lead to a dull and defensive round where no one can land
have an eye on it which a more defensive set (if we keep it)

overall i think this might even lead to a slowly rising playerbase, as even ppl with few time on their hands can be an important part in any alliance (defence planet)

i hope we get to keep it - well done PA crew

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2016, 18:27   #48
fortran

It is sure useful. And if the game demands the use of out of game tools to call people in the middle of the night on the other side of the world to be playable, anything that aims to fix that it is sure welcome.
Unread 15 Apr 2016, 09:37   #49
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Its very hard for me to make up my own opinion on this feature.
We need to have a round with normal stats run, and look at the fleet data after that round has ended.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2016, 13:50   #50
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Its very hard for me to make up my own opinion on this feature.
We need to have a round with normal stats run, and look at the fleet data after that round has ended.
Stop saying stuff that makes me agree with you

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote