User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 27 May 2006, 03:02   #1
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold
OOGOOA/alliance fund

inspired by a thread on AD i suggest two things:

about the out of gal/cluster/ally defence rule: either hardcode it please if possible for next round or just get rid of that rule.

about the alliance fund: there should be a hardcoded limitation to prevent abuse (having planets out of tag saving resources, join the tag for a tick, donate all resources, leave tag again)

members should only be allowed to use (donate and trade) the fund only if they spent a specific time in the ally.

maybe something like this: if a planet joins the ally at tick 100, he can use the fund only from tick 160 on.

or joins at tick 300 he needs to wait until tick 480

so basically a waiting time of 60% of the ticks already done at the tick of joining.
Unread 27 May 2006, 03:32   #2
Anonymous Hero
I can be your hero!

Anonymous Hero is on a distinguished road
Re: OOGOOA/alliance fund

Unsure on the restrictions, they seem quite severe.

One alternative to reduce all abuse with the alliance fund is to perhaps change it into an alliance tax. It could be set to a small percentage of a players mining income whilst they're in the alliance. This way would make it impossible for any player to stockpile resources and join/leave an alliance.

I seriously doubt if people would like the idea though!
Anonymous Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 03:48   #3
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

the 60% was just my first idea; i am pretty sure that ppl who are better with formulae can find a nice solution

and yeah i think the tax as u suggested wouldn't be wanted by many ppl :P
Unread 27 May 2006, 06:00   #4
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

remove allifund all together as its an abuseable future ingame or set on a % of the members incomming res so the donating monkeys stops
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 18:51   #5
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

I think to get rid of the ally fund is the better option.

Noone ever uses that, tbh, I didnt even knew there was an "ally fund" just discovered after the events with 1up.
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 20:29   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murador

Noone ever uses that, tbh, I didnt even knew there was an "ally fund" just discovered after the events with 1up.
The likes of 1up might not use it BUT its extreamly useful for alliances like F-Crew. It allows alliances to develop their less experianced and smaller members and helps alliances encourage people to be scanners
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 20:45   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Well, its only been around for a little while. While I agree that the "abuse" that 1up have made from is wrong, it still makes me feel that the alliancefund has its rights.

I was talking about with Appocomaster earlier about how to use the alliancefund as a tool for developing the alliance and I think that a taxation instead of trading with the alliancefund might be the solution here. Tax the planetets in the alliance instead of having them donating. If we get a tax system working you can also have it so that the members can vote (or maybe even decide what they want to donate), everything between 1 and 5% of the income from that planet. You could also make it so that the planets ranked below average paid less in tax than the planets ranked higher.

1% - Planets 50% or lower than the alliance value
3% - Planets 50% below or 50% higher than alliance value
5% - Planets 50 higher than alliance value.

Just a suggestion..
Unread 27 May 2006, 20:52   #8
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

I like Kargools idea - but add the option for alliance HC's to turn taxation on or off. That way, alliances who choose not to use the fund, or who feel they have sufficient resources can turn it off.
Unread 27 May 2006, 20:55   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:

i use it a lot and i am a quite bigger planet in the universe - my galaxy contains mostly of Ziks and i am Zik myself - that means there is hardly the option to trade Eonium with galaxy because nobody puts any in.

The alliancefund is great for it because only a small part of 1up are Ziks afaik.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:22   #10
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh, this fund has only being around for this round on, I though it was around but nobody used it (I am not playing for 2 rounds).

Anyway, perhaps kargool had the idea to keep the fund, it is reasonable.
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 23:47   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, its only been around for a little while. While I agree that the "abuse" that 1up have made from is wrong, it still makes me feel that the alliancefund has its rights.

I was talking about with Appocomaster earlier about how to use the alliancefund as a tool for developing the alliance and I think that a taxation instead of trading with the alliancefund might be the solution here. Tax the planetets in the alliance instead of having them donating. If we get a tax system working you can also have it so that the members can vote (or maybe even decide what they want to donate), everything between 1 and 5% of the income from that planet. You could also make it so that the planets ranked below average paid less in tax than the planets ranked higher.

1% - Planets 50% or lower than the alliance value
3% - Planets 50% below or 50% higher than alliance value
5% - Planets 50 higher than alliance value.

Just a suggestion..
I'm not sure I like that tbh. While a tax system would obviously be good for the alliance as it forces the donation and thus guarentees a certain level forcing people could cause some resentment and also could breed a nature of people feeling they are owed something by the alliance.

With a donation being something thats of their choosing its more a goodwill guesture and they are doing so as they choose to for the good of the alliance. They arent expecting something in return and arent being forced to not build something. And if someone wishes to donate more than the tick amount they should be able to.

If you want to reduce the donation abuse then I'd much rather see a limit on the amount you can donate in 24 hours or something like imposing a universe tax on donations over a certain amount, perhaps on some kind of sliding scale so donations to the fund under a certain amount would be free but as you went over that amount you ended up losing more and more in tax so that dumping a lot in 1 tick become inefficient and if you wanted to dump 100mill you would hence have to do it over a longer period or waste loads that could have been more helpful being used poperly. You would have to dump it slower over a period of time and would hence have to stay in the alliance over this time
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 05:23   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I hate Taxes, people who impose them upon others in this game are just silly methinks.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 05:52   #13
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I hate Taxes, people who impose them upon others in this game are just silly methinks.
Not much different from getting gal mates to donate res in order to exile inactive. In the most extream case you would tell a gal mate no defense until they donated something ect.

Ally fund has been great this round cause scanners don't have the "no res" excuse like last round.

The Ally fund has an 8 tick delay in the resourses being handed out. Plus there is a percentage limit as to how much a person can accept.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 10:41   #14
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well those who thinks its good are those who want the option to cheat the system and the scanner thingie, come on its not like it havent worked before

so remove it, nice option in an ideal world but ppl are fruitcakes so it will not work
Unread 31 May 2006, 11:45   #15
Remo

Remo will become famous soon enoughRemo will become famous soon enough

I suggested this on AD in another conversation.

Alliance HC's can decide who the scanners of the Alliance are and check somkind of box or something. Alliance funds can not be donated directly to a scan planet, but official scanners (those who HC's have selected) uses directly ally fund to make the scans. So when scan planet scans he won't loose his own resources. That way he may use his planets resources to ships or anything else he chooses of. This solves the supportplanet donations, this encourages Alliance to keep their scanners intag, but unfortunately this wouldn't help the beginning planets.
Unread 31 May 2006, 12:03   #16
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I agree with almeida on hard-coding the OOGOOA rule or removing it.

For the ally fund I suggest the following:

- make it based on taxes only, where the tax can be any number between 0 and 50 so that alliances which don't want to use the feature can simply set it to 0 (default).
- resources can only be donated to peoople smaller than the average alliance member value
Unread 31 May 2006, 13:21   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
- resources can only be donated to peoople smaller than the average alliance member value
Resources can currently only be donated to those who remain below the average alliance member value AND the average alliance member score after the resources have been donated - calculated as if the resources were going straight into ships, not stored as resources.

There are obvious issues with the support planets and alliance fund, and they do need looking at. Feel free to keep discussing, as quite a few different ways have been suggested already. We're also discussing these matters, among others, privately
Unread 31 May 2006, 14:02   #18
robban1

well how do you plan to solve the issue with the support planets, as closing them isnt helping as there must be a counterpart that gains on the support.
that should be in question of the closing too. in this case the hc who controls the fund

but that prolly a feauture too i guess then?

Last edited by robban1; 31 May 2006 at 15:34.
Unread 31 May 2006, 18:14   #19
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There is no way to solve the issues with things like the oogooa support planet rule except for a) removing or b) hard-coding it. There will always be discussions about objectivity in MH decisions and that's clearly something the game can't affort if it wants to grow.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 16:18   #20
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

mmh... here we are again discussin alliance fund issue.

I do like flexible taxation system. I think total amount of taxation should be flexible in other ways. There could be an entire economical system using alliance fund. Those in "higher total roid/income bracket" would have to pay higher taxes, while those who are under certain income level could be eligible for "Social Security" programm, maybe even getting some resourses from the fund rather then actually paying tax.
Mind you that system has to differ from alliance to alliance, with different roid brackets depending on current roid total of the alliance versus its member count. That would require soem serious coding, but, imo, nothing that couldnt be done.

This system will result in more even alliance asset distrubution, when, eventho taking away from top alliance members something, helps the rest of the alliance, making it have stronger memberbase and putting even more pressure on alliance BCs, as capping roids would become even more essential then it is now. That said, there are also obvious positives for going solo, and those who would be successfull while doing so would have a partial reimbursement for not being in an alliance and rather helping create a fortress galaxy.

I believe this idea would significantly decrease difference between planets aswell. Besides making PA more team based, making alliance members care alot more about keeping their roids where they belong, etc.

This also coudl be implemented on the galaxy level. But, imo, for that to happen galaxy exile costs have to be significantly decreased, if not removed.
This also would give MoDs alot of work to do, with that many different options to consider.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 16:29   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo
I suggested this on AD in another conversation.

Alliance HC's can decide who the scanners of the Alliance are and check somkind of box or something. Alliance funds can not be donated directly to a scan planet, but official scanners (those who HC's have selected) uses directly ally fund to make the scans. So when scan planet scans he won't loose his own resources. That way he may use his planets resources to ships or anything else he chooses of. This solves the supportplanet donations, this encourages Alliance to keep their scanners intag, but unfortunately this wouldn't help the beginning planets.
thats how the alliance fund worked in the PAN design.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote