User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 02:47   #1
Spezies

Spezies is an unknown quantity at this point
Scans

I have to say - the idea with the scans is good and bad.
That allymates can scan you with 1 amp is good - but that galmate can make the same is very bad.
Cos when you have ppl from "enemy" ally in the gal - distorter wont help you anyway.

Greetings
spezies
Spezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 03:06   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Scans

It's the same for everyone anyway.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 03:13   #3
Spezies

Spezies is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that its the same for everyone but it sucks through - hope they will change it for the next round!!!!
Spezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 03:21   #4
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

it only really helps getting a unitscan .... all good benefits from distorters are still there

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 11:49   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I agree with Spezies, letting alliancemates through is good, letting galmates through is bad.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 14:24   #6
the_chosen_one
G-II Troublemaker

the_chosen_one is an unknown quantity at this point

How about if only the GC or ministers could scan planets in gal. They could then msg the scans to any one who needed it with a good reason. That would stop spy planets from scanning everyone.

Or they could decide who can do ingal scans so only those who have proven they can be trusted/ who are pro-active can have the ability to scan other planets.

The only downside to this is when the ministers are spies but as free planets can't become ministers it should reduce the chances of inside information being leaked.
[17:20] <PigmonkeY> maybe i'm under an assumed name because i'm spying on g-ii!?
[17:20] <Nero> or maybe your not who u claim to be
[17:21] <PigmonkeY> but maybe i am.

Priceless
the_chosen_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:09   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

in PAN its likely that "official" alliance scanners will be able to scan alliance m8s and the MoW will be able to scan gal m8s

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:25   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
in PAN its likely that "official" alliance scanners will be able to scan alliance m8s and the MoW will be able to scan gal m8s
There really needs to be a 'tear your hair out' smiley for moments like this.

It didn't occur to you that maybe the people who have most need to be able to scan their alliance mates are non-scanners who don't have a lot of amps? 'Gee, what did this guy send to defend? Oh, can't find out, he's got jammers and I'm not a designated scanner!' 'I wonder, has the attacker on Inactive Alliance-Buddy with loads of jammers recalled? Oh, I can't tell, guess I'll need to get a scanner. JUST LIKE A ****ING WOULD"VE HAD TO IF SCANNERS DIDN"T AUTOMAGICALLY GET THROUGH.'

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:49   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

who says there even are amps in PAN?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 16:37   #10
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
who says there even are amps in PAN?
My left buttock told it to my right buttock.

(That is, what's the point of having a scanner if there isn't a criteria that makes it more difficult for some people scan certain other people. And what's the point of a scanner always getting through if alliance members will always get through?)

Last edited by Banned; 11 Dec 2005 at 18:41.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 16:56   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

"scans" will cost resources, there will be critera that govern a "scans" success, this criteria will be waived in the described manner. It will be hard to be fully protected from "scans", but there will be methods of achieving it, though it will take a while.

I'd expect this sort of stuff in the game to be discussed publically in about a week

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 17:17   #12
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
"scans" will cost resources, there will be critera that govern a "scans" success, this criteria will be waived in the described manner. It will be hard to be fully protected from "scans", but there will be methods of achieving it, though it will take a while.
a) trying to score points on a forum by knowing stuff that's NDAed is really ****ing lame.
b) obviously my point still stands given the information you have seen fit to bless upon us.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 13:43   #13
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

either, the criteria will have nothing to do with the planet that's doing the scanning, which which case who cares about designated scanners and them being able to get through, or they will have something to do with the planet doing the scanning, in which case there'll still be dedicated scan planets and banned's point still stands.

the only use i can see of this is to allow officers to scan without being a scan planet, or alternativly to limit new recruits access. as long as HC don't have to go through and add 50+ dedicated scanners one by one, i guess it's not a huge deal.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 16:38   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the subject.

Galaxy scanning each other willy nilly = bad idea specially since some alliancees are exile whores and pop around the universe like no ones buisness.

Ministers scanning is good but then again having 1 exil gal and then 5 angels and 5 1up in a gal = 11 players lets the 1 player exil get no scans coz you know he aint gonna be a minister and then the 4 ministers or even 1 minister on the angels/1up side can happily scan away on the lil exil and pass on any info they really want to.

As for alliance scanning I really dont see a problem with it as long as alliance HC have to give permissions to scan ppl to certain ppl when needed as having a spy in ur alliance able to scan you and anyone else they want no matter how many distorters just cant happen.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote