User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 19:51   #1
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Exiling

Now before you start i know you're trying to make it easier for new players and stuff... but from what i've seen in my gal and about every other person that i talked to is that the current system isn't good at all.

because we have to wait 48 hours (or 72 if he just signed up) it basically means it takes way too long to exile someone, surely seeing as most of the time you only get another inactive planet back for it.

can't you change these limits to maximum 12 hours or so? it's so annoying when you try to work with your gal (atleast the irc/game active ones) and see people who don't login at all mess up your gal. I fail to see how it's usefull when someone stays on 40 roids for 3 days and you can't even exile them. Can't you change something PLEASE?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 19:53   #2
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough
Re: Exiling

/me nods excessively in agreement with cyph
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 19:55   #3
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

/me agrees

some people whose gals arent that good, cant exile the inactives and hopefully a game/irc active will self exile in

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 19:57   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A lot of gals don't cooperate that much anyway though. People fakenicking the whole round and the maximum contribution being to report incs to secret channels.

The time should be reduced if there was more cooperation within gals. As it is though, most people don't give a crap about the others outside their buddygroup.

Sad, but true.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:07   #5
eVil
the lite shine brite

eVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to behold

personnally there shuld be a medium between trigger happy exiling and this painfully long exiling, I like cyphers idea to be honest.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:12   #6
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

I disagree strongly with stifler and agree fully with cypher!
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:15   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

already talked to Appoco and Kal about this yesterday ... i dont think anything will be changed this round.

i agree with cypher's idea

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:17   #8
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
I disagree strongly with stifler and agree fully with cypher!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
/me agrees

notice the "agrees" part

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:18   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im with cypher
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 20:52   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

24 hours. 12 hours is a bit short, give them a full day cycle.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 21:06   #11
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
A lot of gals don't cooperate that much anyway though. People fakenicking the whole round and the maximum contribution being to report incs to secret channels.

The time should be reduced if there was more cooperation within gals. As it is though, most people don't give a crap about the others outside their buddygroup.

Sad, but true.

so, u are in the same gal as i am?

:-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 21:13   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I personally think that maybe the 48 hours is a little to long, maybe 24 would be better, but i'm a strong advocate of not being able to exile planets in protection.

To go off topic a little and discuss an idea I had for next round:

Ideas:
Make it so planets in protection cannot see anything on galastatus
Make it so planets in protection cannot see who is online

When a galaxy returns from c200 or self exiles it is put in protection for 24 ticks.

Theese have two effects :-
new planets and exilees can't spy on galaxies
there is a severe drawback to self exiling and hence less people will do it

Note these ideas have not really bene thought through, they just came into my mind.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 21:16   #13
Stifler

I dont like the self exile planets/planets from c200 go into 24 hr protection, other then that seems fine and yes 24h might be a better period

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 21:28   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

by now i've had 2 planets who were online for a grand total of 2 ticks in the first 72 ticks of their round... why on earth would we want to protect such people?

i don't need good players but i do think people have a right to exile players who simply don't show up on irc or login to the game even. tbh i think for them 24 hours should be max aswell...

ow and if you want to be picky about spies, why not make a tickbox where every planet can enter which planets can see if he's online and his galstatus? (ofcourse only ingal)
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 21:47   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
by now i've had 2 planets who were online for a grand total of 2 ticks in the first 72 ticks of their round... why on earth would we want to protect such people?

i don't need good players but i do think people have a right to exile players who simply don't show up on irc or login to the game even. tbh i think for them 24 hours should be max aswell...

ow and if you want to be picky about spies, why not make a tickbox where every planet can enter which planets can see if he's online and his galstatus? (ofcourse only ingal)
we might as well get rid of galaxies then...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:05   #16
cypher
U've been Moderated

not really

but back to the topic... will/can anything be done about the silly 48 hours? (and i mean this round not the fabolous round 16 )
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:06   #17
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
we might as well get rid of galaxies then...
.... or make them private ....

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:11   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I agree with cyper.

Side note: Kind of odd that all 1ups are posting here now, and yet have compeltely avoided AD! It sucks because AD is like 75% 1up :\

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:19   #19
jupp
Hi there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
I agree with cyper.

Side note: Kind of odd that all 1ups are posting here now, and yet have compeltely avoided AD! It sucks because AD is like 75% 1up :\

-NitinA
it just shows that 1up players are active in all aspects of the game not only rant on AD

i'd love to see some new threads on AD ... but at the moment just nothing happens i think ;/

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:28   #20
cypher
U've been Moderated

hehe nitina that's because i spammed the thread in our channels
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 13:23   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I agree wih what Cypher said. We're also exiling inactive pple from our gal and they often get replaced by other inactive pple, of which we have to wait another 48/72 ticks before we can exile him. It has nothing to do with a small planet or not, cause if the planet is active then there's little need to exile it.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 13:24   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
it just shows that 1up players are active in all aspects of the game not only rant on AD

i'd love to see some new threads on AD ... but at the moment just nothing happens i think ;/
Yet the latest brilliant thread comes from ... you know which alliance

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 14:06   #23
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I personally think that maybe the 48 hours is a little to long, maybe 24 would be better, but i'm a strong advocate of not being able to exile planets in protection.

To go off topic a little and discuss an idea I had for next round:

Ideas:
Make it so planets in protection cannot see anything on galastatus
Make it so planets in protection cannot see who is online

When a galaxy returns from c200 or self exiles it is put in protection for 24 ticks.

Theese have two effects :-
new planets and exilees can't spy on galaxies
there is a severe drawback to self exiling and hence less people will do it

Note these ideas have not really bene thought through, they just came into my mind.
Noone seems to be paying much attention to the merits of this its actually a very good idea imo

The not being able to see gal status ect for people in protection ofc is a good idea as it prevents spies but the self exiles and exiling out of c200 going into protection is also a good idea it means that you kill 2 birds with one coding (dont have to code different rules for these people if their just put in protection).

It means that you wont have people bouncing round the uni roiding gals it also means that people who exile out of a hostile gal have an opertunaty to settle down in their new on before getting massive incoming.

It also means that people who are exiled out of their gal (mainly new players) have a little more time to settle in their new gal or build them selves up a bit.

Are their any drawbacks im missing?
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 15:36   #24
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I totally agree with what Kal said. Cannot see any drawbacks/exploits from such a rule.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 02:32   #25
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Wouldnt it be more interesting if you were forced to stay where you are. Otherwise the game becomes about who can form the fastest supergal by repeat exiling anyone who isnt t250 material. 6:10 anyone?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 04:08   #26
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Wouldnt it be more interesting if you were forced to stay where you are. Otherwise the game becomes about who can form the fastest supergal by repeat exiling anyone who isnt t250 material. 6:10 anyone?
But doing that will far more often cause players to be stuck in galaxies where they are surrounded by inactive players and receive constant (and i mean, 10 fleets of random incs or more per day) incoming from random attackers. You effectively condemn those people to having a terrible round, and it then becomes far better for all concerned just to quit playing right at the start. And if plyaers quit, a proportion wont ever return, which is hardly useful.

Self Exile provides hope to many.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 09:03   #27
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
in 6:10 we have not exiled 1 player who would show up on irc and talk with us. we never looked for previous ranks, cuz we tried to help all of them and therefore ourselves.

and that's the whole point of exiling and meeting new players. There is no point in playing in a gal where no-one shows up on irc. you have to be irc active and then it's ok, but fact is there are alot of multi/scan/defplanets around which won't come on irc and will just spy on your gal. there is no reason why we shouldn't try to do something against this.
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 11:02   #28
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
so, u are in the same gal as i am?

:-)
Exile to mine mate !