User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 10 Sep 2005, 20:46   #1
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Official Coven Recruitment Thread

ARE YOU A HARDCORE POWERGAMER? DO YOU WANT TO JOIN AN ALLIANCE THAT DICTATES YOUR EVERY ACTION LIKE A GERMAN DICTATOR?

If so, then I'm 99% sure Coven probably aint for you.

Greetings All, I am OrionIII aka Xanica. I am a Recruting / Public Relations Officer For Coven. I have been a PA player on and off since Round three. This is my Second Recruiting thread for Coven, im sure some of you may remember my first thread, it garnered a few comments about people actually reading the sticky. Well as I said I am here to write yet another recruitment read. Once again, I am going to put out the facts then ill re-post some things people have said about us on other threads.

Name Of Alliance
Coven

Membership Requirements
Here is the list of requirements, im sure you will find them all very acceptable.

-Be active for a minimum of at least 10 hours a week
-Be able to have at least one fleet spot open for defense
-Be willing to commit your ships to defense of your alliance mates
-When you are online, you are on IRC in #coven and our private room(s)
-Respect the HC's, Officers, members, and anyone else in the alliance or in our public room.
-Most important of all .... Have fun

Public IRC Channel
We can be found in #Coven

Why join Coven you ask?
We are a family, we have fun and help each other, I myself make it a point to be online as often as possible to help coordiante defense during the wee hours. Thats the kind of support and dedication to the family you dont find many places. While I have to be honest and say I dont know what others places do, I do know that we look out for our people ALOT. Face it, In Coven, Everybody knows your name, well except for the new guy we havent met yet, but in general its a fun and relaxed environment to play PA in. So come check us out. What do you have to lose?

Coven's Rules
Our biggest rule is that you respect the people that work for you, by that I mean the HC's the BC's and the PR Reps, we are there to help you we are there to get you defended, etc. So don't harass us or give us a hard time. We are very democratic in Coven, if the members have issues with an HC or Officer it is dealt with in a respectful, courteous and democratic manner. Show your coven mates the respect they deserve and you shall be shown the same in return. After all, your alliance mates are the ones that will come to your defense at 3 a.m. when you got 30,000 incoming and all your fleets are out roiding.

How to Apply
You can contact one of our HC's or PR Reps in our Public room #Coven or simply apply in game, either way you will need to speak to a PR Rep or HC, so its just easier to do so before you apply. By doing that, you will begin the process of joining the family.

Coven HC and Officers
HC's
Supersander (aka SS)
Jackle (aka JKL)
Gen
Mr. Fingers

BC's
Dorraj (Attacks)
DaneCobain (Defence)

PR Reps
OrionIII (Me aka Xanica)
ToxicMonkey
Rich

Coven: A brief History
Coven began sometime around round 10, it was the result of a few small alliances merging together. Over the course of the next few rounds Coven has been consistant in its finishing in the top 20 after each round. We have been as high as 11th place in the alliance rankings. We usually start a round with 30 or so dedicated members and build from there.

Going into Round 14 soon, How about you join us help us make some more history?

Covens Beliefs
Remember, these are people who will be your best friend, if your willing to be theirs. We are one big family, if something goes wrong, it will be fixed dont worry. So if your willing to have your HC's remember your name, you want to kick a little bit of PA ass, and have fun all at the same time come into #coven and have a talk. Anyone is welcome. We are mostly laid back, and just a cool place to joke around and have fun, as with any alliance we have our serious moments but the Aim of Coven is to more or less prove that an alliance can survive without being facists, or dictators. We like to joke around in our channels, we arent a bunch of stone faced PA freaks, most of us have lives outside of PA, I myself have a wife and child, but the bottom line is that we love the game and hanging out with each other.

Website Address
http://coven.liledevil.net/

Current Member Count
As of this exact moment, we have 42 players among our ranks.

Current Allies/Naps
Coven prefers to keep the information on specifically who we are allied with within our memberbase.

-Covens Testimonials-

(Old Testimonials)

"thanx for having me last round and i had a great time... i recommend to players to join Coven"
-Mek

"I can very much so recommend playing for this alliance as well. They're great people, with whom you can have lots of fun!"
-Supersander

"They're great fun, and there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of organizing D at 2 AM lol."-Melesse

"Uhuh, they got my thumbs up, great bunch of guys"
-The Real Arfy

"seam like some good guys was in a speed round gal with a few of them good luck next round guys "
-barney

"well all i can say is that last round i created Tof and althou i will be scoured at for saying this coven seem like a good bunch of lads(and lass's) so all i can say is as the creatour of Tof my views are the guys are going to be tricky and i think it would be safer to be with them then against them"--=Pathogen=-

"I started with Coven this round and as the guys have said its a great place to have fun while playing pa,with a great group of HC, Officers and Members."
-Turbo

(New Testimonials)

"i've heard a lot of good things about coven.. old/present galmates of mine and real world friends who are pa players who are with coven or used to be with coven and just hearing them talk about the alliance gives me this warm atmosphere around these people.. these past few weeks though *whew*!! lots of mass inc's from other alliances.. rumor has it it was alliance related with coven against a couple of 'em big boys- me personally i think the gal was just really unlucky - anyway, goodluck to u guys!"
- demiGOD

"Coven has a great community, dedicated members and very competent HC.. Supersander knows what he is doing and i believe he will manage to get Coven up among the top alliances.. Good luck to you "
- Elder

"Join coven. Had a great time in it before rl issues took me away from pa."
- joobles

"Coven are great and Sander is nearly as fluffy as Arfy gl coven"
- SOG

NOW, with all this said, why havent you logged into #Coven?
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia

Last edited by OrionIII; 12 Sep 2005 at 10:32.
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 22:13   #2
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Coven Recruitment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionIII
[b]ARE YOU A HARDCORE POWERGAMER? DO YOU WANT TO JOIN AN ALLIANCE THAT DICTATES YOUR EVERY ACTION LIKE A GERMAN DICTATOR?

hm ? i wonder what that means
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 23:05   #3
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

most germans i know in PA are very nice

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 09:23   #4
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
most germans i know in PA are very nice

clearly he meant you :/

as im the nice german and you more the dictator type :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 10:36   #5
OrionIII
Force Adept

clearly that was a hitler reference and supposed to be a joke.
Round 15 - Insomnia
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 13:56   #6
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve

ummm....i wish you and Coven good luck for this and next round.

At least a very well created thread

ps: most of germans are nice guys

Round 11 Bruderschaft (421)
Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 13 IRON - HC /ToT(131)
Round 14 Reunion - xVx (112)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)

Last edited by Icewar; 28 Sep 2005 at 09:22.
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 00:53   #7
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yeah, next round we have something in store for all you non coveners. coven has something big in store
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 01:44   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers
yeah, next round we have something in store for all you non coveners. coven has something big in store
With the constant "Next Round we will do something suprising" prediction each round I cant help but imagibe the Coven HC driving around in a yellow robin reliant trying to sell dodgy imported electitical goods
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 20:58   #9
The Master

Actually we use the yellow one to deal crack to 1up and insomnia, it's the red car you can get all your "second-hand" electronic bargains from. Incidentally the two bitches F-Crew ordered last week turned up dead in the box, so we're ordering two more and reminding those stupid malaysians to drill air holes. Expect two nearly STD-free whores soon then
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:50   #10
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LOL. Good ol' Coven, still plodding along despite all the abuse.

and Icewar, dont be so tetchy... you remember what happened last time you flamed up like that, it cost you a lot of respect and then your alliance.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 05:46   #11
The Master

Well actually we like the abuse... gets us all frisky
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 06:35   #12
Icewar
Destiny

omg Ferretus...u learned nothing...

hopefully Coven will rock next round, wish u the best
we need more well organized ally....

Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)

Last edited by Icewar; 28 Sep 2005 at 09:20.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:17   #13
The Master

Are you an English teacher?
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 18:24   #14
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ice, this is a recruitment thread and you are doing exactly what you did on the IRON boards by flaring up over nothing. So leave the petty comments behind. I'm not going to put my side of the argument down as its inapropriate for this thread, so I ask you to delete your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
Are you an English teacher?
LOL don't waste great sarcasm on him, he'll likely flame you too. Ice is actually in fact a German truck driver who thinks he is a great German Dictator, the reality of course is that he is simply a sad twat...hence why nobody likes him and he was 'encouraged' to leave the alliance he created LOL.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)

Last edited by Ferretus; 21 Sep 2005 at 18:35.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 11:16   #15
Icewar
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Ice, this is a recruitment thread and you are doing exactly what you did on the IRON boards by flaring up over nothing. So leave the petty comments behind. I'm not going to put my side of the argument down as its inapropriate for this thread, so I ask you to delete your post.

LOL don't waste great sarcasm on him, he'll likely flame you too. Ice is actually in fact a German truck driver who thinks he is a great German Dictator, the reality of course is that he is simply a sad twat...hence why nobody likes him and he was 'encouraged' to leave the alliance he created LOL.

I say this now in my own language Mr. Ferretus (or should i say Tosswink ?) You can translate it, if u are able for that:

Spar Dir Deine Scheiß-Kommentare...

Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 01:20   #16
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

I'm joining coven :P..

right

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 15:07   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Exode joining Coven ? Welcome to the world of inactives.

Anyways, good luck guys.
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 17:07   #18
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ice if you have a problem with me or Tosswink either mail myself or Tosswink please. Here is not the place... you have been told before!

Your posts have been reported to a moderator and hopefully the childish games can stop.

Good luck to Coven, and I am really sorry for what has happened here. I of course will delete/edit my posts as soon as they are no longer relevant (ie when Icewar has been deleted).
Ahh well, at least we all learned that it is officially banned to make any comparisons between alliances and German dictators... even if it was meant in jest or sarcasm and is disliked by a tiny minority. I:-(

Last edited by Ferretus; 24 Sep 2005 at 17:16.
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 12:06   #19
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewar
ummm....i wish you and Coven good luck for this and next round.

But i don´t accept this political affront against germans.

It is over 60 years ago and germany is one of the most democratic countrys of the world.
It gives other nations, they have bad leaders: (like George W. Bush and Tony Blair or the chinese and cabanian leaders)

Also no political threads please.

At least a very well created thread
atleast we can make up our mind who we want to run our country

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 09:35   #20
OrionIII
Force Adept

Coven WILL NOT play Round 15.

Coven Has Plans to return for Round 16.

More Information to come as it becomes available.
Round 15 - Insomnia
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 02:19   #21
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

noooooo the alliance i raped with fellow apa'eons back in r13, who els am i gona poke and make fun of now :/ please hurry back