User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:45   #1
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold
When does game end then?

with this downtime ? gonna be set back ? like sunday ?
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:57   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: When does game end then?

it should be in my opinion, we should get an extra 48 hours at least to compensate for the lost ticks, hold the winners ceremony sunday evening (more realistic for most tbh) and not give res out. Dont roll back fleets either.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:58   #3
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
it should be in my opinion, we should get an extra 48 hours at least to compensate for the lost ticks, hold the winners ceremony sunday evening (more realistic for most tbh) and not give res out. Dont roll back fleets either.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:04   #4
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
idd.... totally agree
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:08   #5
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
ay - what the pig said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:10   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

agreed

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:11   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

As long as there's no resources given out I don't care what happens. But I wouldn't mind if they called it a day right now and had EoRC tomorrow, because I'm dead tired of playing now
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:14   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

two day's extra time on the round, doesnt matter the loss of havoc time, but loss of "real" gametime does.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:29   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

A longer pa round. Great plan :S Like two months wasn't enough.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:34   #10
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I feel odd. I actually agree with Pig. Suppose probability states it should happen at some point. Don't roll back fleets if you reopen and start ticks at the same time of day as they went down, then noone gains anything and noone has time to get defence or see prelaunches
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:40   #11
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
two day's extra time on the round, doesnt matter the loss of havoc time, but loss of "real" gametime does.
I feel dirty I agree with kargool here

Would prefer havoc was cancelled and we got the extra time for ehat we missed recently

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 02:57   #12
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
I feel dirty I agree with kargool here

Would prefer havoc was cancelled and we got the extra time for ehat we missed recently
no more or less time, ruins all the alliances strategies
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 03:17   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

no it doesnt. All the down time we have had has ruined for value players.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 03:42   #14
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Lets just call it the end of this joke of a round, so people can get on with sleeping again. Er wait! Everyone is XP whoring which requires little activity anyway.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 04:23   #15
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

I would like fleets beeing recalled - the surprise effect I need for my targets (they have usually millions of free ressources around) - is gone anyway with that downtime, and I guess, Im not the only one there... And everyone who has some considerable fleet now prolly has a zik waiting for them to fleetcatch
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Last edited by Robsch; 23 Mar 2006 at 04:40.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 04:24   #16
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 04:34   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's turned into a total mess now.

In my opinion we need an extension to the round, some well-made plans are totally screwed now.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:06   #18
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
A longer pa round. Great plan :S Like two months wasn't enough.
You'd like a 6 week round? This current setup is already 20% shorter

P.S. Yes I can't wait for it to end :/

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:15   #19
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Should just end the round, since it was so close to the end. I would rather them properly focus on fixing the bug, instead of rushing it, possibly not correcting the issue, because a few people want to cap some easy roids from others who have gone inactive. Ascendancy won. Thats it m8's.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:23   #20
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That might be it for you, but there's a huge battle going on for 3rd and most plans were supposed to finish on Friday, not today.

Just shows how close-minded and short-sighted you are, Chika.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:27   #21
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

I think i have to agree with pig here, no resources and no rollback of fleets
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:29   #22
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
That might be it for you, but there's a huge battle going on for 3rd and most plans were supposed to finish on Friday, not today.

Just shows how close-minded and short-sighted you are, Chika.
Being close minded/short-shighted would be only thinking about this round. Now.
I think you can agree with that.
Another quality of a short-sighted person, is not thinking before you write/talk.
Cheers.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:34   #23
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Being close minded/short-shighted would be only thinking about this round. Now.
I think you can agree with that.
Another quality of a short-sighted person, is not thinking before you write/talk.
Cheers.

You've said that the round should end now. I disagree. Fixing the bug obviously needs to be done, the question is what should happen after it's fixed. The round needs the two days that it was supposed to have - after all, what about all the players who saved up their resources? The #1 planet spot could still be up for grabs, certainly the #2 spot is. 9:2:9/15:1:3 have hundreds of millions of saved resources - don't you think that they'd like to spend those to achieve their rightful ranks??

There's alliance ranks to think about as well, after you look past #1 and #2.

'Cheers'.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:42   #24
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

You've said that the round should end now. I disagree. Fixing the bug obviously needs to be done, the question is what should happen after it's fixed. The round needs the two days that it was supposed to have - after all, what about all the players who saved up their resources? The #1 planet spot could still be up for grabs, certainly the #2 spot is. 9:2:9/15:1:3 have hundreds of millions of saved resources - don't you think that they'd like to spend those to achieve their rightful ranks??

There's alliance ranks to think about as well, after you look past #1 and #2.

'Cheers'.
Funny, you show your true character a bit with these posts. I do agree that these people should be able to spend resources good point. But the big picture is, major people in the development of PA are not around anymore. What we have left, obviously aren't the best, or they wouldn't have been in the back seat when we had proper coders here. But they can do the job. They need the time though. The first thing people will say when the next round is delayed or ****ed over is " Why did they rush the round". Give them time to get it right. Putting myself into your shoes though(if I was short-sited like you wrongly implied), hey, 2 days never killed anyone. LET ME FIGHT FOR TOP 3, WHICH NOONE CARES ABOUT EXCEPT FOR ME.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:54   #25
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

They should just go ahead and end it and then do the end of round ceremony as scheduled. Call it a photo finish since basically we are getting a snapshot of the final scores. Tonight figured highly into alot of peoples plans and now it's gone. Little can be done at this point without making it far worse since many won't be around after Friday night.

On the bright side we got our money's worth this round and we got what we paid for.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:10   #26
Wishmaster
LDK

"many" wont be aorund after friday?

lol..like u and maybe some of ur friends?

Think most will be around. so lets get as many ticks as planned.

Quote:
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:21   #27
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

yep, we need as many ticks are were supposed to tick, those who dont want the round to last anymore, imo are most likely the ppl who are not fighting to get a better rank, those who want it to tick are those who want a better rank... so i feel we should let those play it out as they might have some last minute plans but havent implemented em yet..
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:21   #28
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
"many" wont be aorund after friday?

lol..like u and maybe some of ur friends?

Think most will be around. so lets get as many ticks as planned.
Well not everyone is taking part in the beta and I planned to sleep in for a change on Saturday. The point is that the expectation the round would end on Friday was set and to change that now would be a mistake IMO. Deadlines are Deadlines and it would take almost a week to get all our lost ticks back for the whole round.

I am or was fighting for a better rank but I planned some RL stuff for after the round, put down deposits ect.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:21   #29
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Do not stop it now! I still got fleet left which was on the way to never come back.... pleeeeeeeeeeeease

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:42   #30
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Extending the round through the weekend is unneeded. It'll just be a disaster as I know quite a few people weren't planning on the weekend being needed for Planetarion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 06:46   #31
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDD
I think i have to agree with pig here, no resources and no rollback of fleets
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Extending the round through the weekend is unneeded. It'll just be a disaster as I know quite a few people weren't planning on the weekend being needed for Planetarion.
And agree.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 07:48   #32
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Makes no odds to me personally, but there should be at least a dozen more ticks or so, so that people with saved resources can actually spend them before the round ends.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:08   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd restart it Thursday night about midnight, no rollback of fleets, no resources given out and end it Friday at 9pm. Gives everyone a chance for one last night of attacks, spend your resources etc etc. An extra day would be fair enough but highly irritating considering I had no intention of spending my weekend anywhere near my computer.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:24   #34
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Either what JBG says or start tick monday night and end on wednesday evening, then do creators hours and EoRC at the same time.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:24   #35
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'd restart it Thursday night about midnight, no rollback of fleets, no resources given out and end it Friday at 9pm. Gives everyone a chance for one last night of attacks, spend your resources etc etc. An extra day would be fair enough but highly irritating considering I had no intention of spending my weekend anywhere near my computer.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:38   #36
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:43   #37
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
If this is done, they shouldn't open the game to logins until the hour or so before the tick so there isn't (much) more time to organize defense.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 08:45   #38
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I'm off to see Graham Coxon on saturday o/
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 09:12   #39
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 09:34   #40
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Please dont let it run in the weekend,I have it all planned out
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 09:48   #41
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am all for compensating all the lost ticks with another 2 weeks of pa. Yes those value whiners need a chance to win.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 09:52   #42
furball

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
If this is done, they shouldn't open the game to logins until the hour or so before the tick so there isn't (much) more time to organize defense.
Seems fair.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 10:04   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get the fact that some pple can just blatantly be unreasonable without even realizing it. There are planets with loads and loads of resources stacked up, ready to be spent right before the round ends.
These planets are royaly screwed over if you decide to end the game now and not give them those few ticks they're missing (which was all planned into their strategy).

How on earth could you possibly want to end the round now and screw over those planets? What kinda worthless and selfish idiot are you if this is your opinion?

Such behavior to me is equal to cheating, because that's what you support then ... unfairness. Cheating is also all about unfairness.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 10:29   #44
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Consistency is key imho.

Fleetrecall, ticker starting again, maybe some resources hand out.

I feel its important to keep the reactions to game downtime the same each time the game is down.

Before next round I actually think that the PA team should put together a "standard" server downtime reaction and have this constant. To many variants of how to react on server downtime makes the game alot more unpredictable when about the rules and the actions of the admins.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 10:53   #45
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I don't get the fact that some pple can just blatantly be unreasonable without even realizing it. There are planets with loads and loads of resources stacked up, ready to be spent right before the round ends.
These planets are royaly screwed over if you decide to end the game now and not give them those few ticks they're missing (which was all planned into their strategy).
What PAteam could do is change the way value is calculated so that it's worth the same as if it'd been spent on ships, and then run the value ticker (or full ticker, I don't really care, but someone will inevitably lose/gain either way).

Technically, XP players all miss out on 2 sets of landings if we end the round now, so it's not strictly in anyone's advantage (aside from whoever happens to have a higher rank now than they would have if PA hadn't shitted up).
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 10:54   #46
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

the round has gone on long enough we dont need more ticks. + i'm on nightshift on sunday so i'll miss it
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:22   #47
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
If it can be fixed by Thursday night, allowing the last twelve - twenty or so ticks to run seems like the best option to me. Failing that, Jester's value suggestion seems the best idea. Without at least 13 ticks for production, there'd be no fair solution. Running the ticker more quickly could also be considered but would only leave pateam to a million complaints of dead fleets.

The only player I can think of with enough resources to really be considered in the above resource/value point would go up about 800k Score, three places.

These plans for third place sound fantastic and all, but I don't see why everyone else should have to hang around for them. Aside from the fact that many people will be away this weekend, it'd be incredibly inconsistent to extend the round because we lost Thursday before the end when we've already missed three(?) other days. (Given there's time for it) It's amazing what you can achieve in a night.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:23   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Consistency is key imho.

Fleetrecall, ticker starting again, maybe some resources hand out.

I feel its important to keep the reactions to game downtime the same each time the game is down.

Before next round I actually think that the PA team should put together a "standard" server downtime reaction and have this constant. To many variants of how to react on server downtime makes the game alot more unpredictable when about the rules and the actions of the admins.
While I'd agree that consistency is important, it shouldn't get in the way of the best approach. What I'd like to see next round is my general idea, with jester's modification, in place as well as a vote (most likely on the forums) as to whether or not the round (this is for next round) should be extended each time ticks go down (ticks going down for 24,48 etc hours and round being extended for same) perhaps taking place during the first 72 ticks and being linked from the overview.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:26   #49
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

But you'd get people like jerome` planning to play two weeks, voting to further ruin the lives of those who will play all eight weeks.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 11:29   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Considering the average length of time jerome spent playing in previous rounds, the fact he looks like completing this and assuming this all must be averaged back down to normal levels jerome is severely unlikely to make it out of protection next round never mind finish out two whole weeks.