User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Feb 2006, 10:36   #1
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
MoD News Highlight

One thing that has annoyed me, forever in planetarion
<> which I've just accepted as a given
<> is that MoD's should have their News light up as people trade
<> and I think it should be changed
<> well I cant say that it will be changed, but I'll pass it on to the Powers That Be and see what they think about it
<> esp. when I'm the one trading, then it really is annoying

<> putting it in the politics section for reference would be nice

CofD suggested: Possibly make up a page which just displays trade history, only visible to the MoD. Because it's hard to manage trade with all the extra stuff in the news.

Now don't accuse me of using IRC logs on the forums, that's far from the truth
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 10:37   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: MoD News Highlight

what;s with the <> things mate?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 10:42   #3
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

My computer put them there
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 10:42   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
what;s with the <> things mate?
I think it's an IRC log where the original poster has been anonymized.

bwtmc: IRC logs are legal, as long as they're of reasonable length.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 10:58   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Heh 'legal'
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 11:22   #6
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

i was told they werent, cheers.

oh, and personally, i think that MoD's should have a link on the Mining Page
as otherwise all the skins would have to be modded
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 11:26   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

CofD suggested: Possibly make up a page which just displays trade history, only visible to the MoD. Because it's hard to manage trade with all the extra stuff in the news.
Why not add a complete history of all minister actions with a section for each department that can be switches to visible / invisible to the galaxy like forum threads for ministers only.

Of course it shouldnt keep every change logged like : " GC changed galaxyname to "woot woot" 27/2/2006 " but at least the trade history, when a planet arrived in the galaxy or has been exiled, which planets received donations from the galaxyfund etc

Maybe it would be nice to have a score and roidgraph as well to see how good the galaxy performed in the last week.

there is probably a lot more stuff to add that i cant think of right now :P

bye

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 12:41   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, to avoid the obvious "skinning" issues, there is plenty of room on the Politics page for everyone except the GC iirc - perhaps that would be where galactic news items can be stored (but default hidden) unless you click a "Show Galactic News" button, which then un-hides it.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 14:22   #9
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

lol - jupp.

i think i smacked the nail on the head when i say http://sandmans.co.uk/
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 16:48   #10
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
lol - jupp.

i think i smacked the nail on the head when i say http://sandmans.co.uk/
Yea of course a lot of stuff is provided by great community pages like sandmans, pilkara or vision tools just that it's implemented into the game and specified for a certain galaxy like i described above.

Another thing is that tool-sites may not be found by new players as easy as it seems to most of the older players. It's like an open secret that everyone who plays for a round knows but nobody tells to new players. Shouldnt be too hard to implement it into PA as the code for bcalcs should be basically public ...

again we could add a long list about other stuff here like alliance tools for example.

Without the community effort done by a few great techies out there PA would be a different game that probably most of us wouldnt bother to play because it doesnt offer enough features to support the gameplay.

Thx to everyone again who puts in time voluntarily to improve the game experience!

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 18:03   #11
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

aha... its a nice idea, but we will need more $ and the game would cost more. it would all be good, but (from what i know) its not as simple as that
Unread 28 Feb 2006, 18:10   #12
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I think it's an IRC log where the original poster has been anonymized.

bwtmc: IRC logs are legal, as long as they're of reasonable length.
Ah okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Heh 'legal'
Hm, would you find the words 'permissible' and 'allowable' funny too..? heh.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:17   #13
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Maybe when a trade or donation has happened the News lights up Green instead of Red.

I'm MoD and being cov op'd occasionally, so it would be nice to have a difference between a friendly news item and a hostile action

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 21:48   #14
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Hmm something to be done about the MoD news-spam would be nice, as it can be quite iritating and if im ever made MoD i ask for it to be removed. But as ministers have such small importance in the game at the mo i dont see it as a real problem as if no1 wants the MoD position a nubbie pe0n ingal always wants the pretty colours and doesnt realize its a bogus position. But if its easy to code in i cant see any harm of it..

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 08:54   #15
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

People actually avoid the Minister position because of it, that's the main issue really.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 14:14   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Hm, would you find the words 'permissible' and 'allowable' funny too..? heh.
Don't make me get yahwe to explain the use of legal to you. It's just 'legal' doesn't quite fit in with PA, its hardly likely the police are going to visit you if you post an IRC log thats too long.