User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:51   #101
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Predictions R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I also didn't understand the edit :/
It was from a rep-giver.

I do like how a thread on r15 predictions has devolved into a discussion about me. My e-penis is mighty indeed. :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 13:51   #102
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
more long ramblings
Why do you think the alliance wasn't inactive in Round 14, yet was in Round 13?

I think its down to a few reasons. The core of ND round 14 were people who wanted to be there, people who thought we would be shit all left (and some tried to rejoin, right Shyne?)

We also played our own game, allying 1up in Round 12 was a good move for us. In Round 13 it just ensured a round of misery for us. No wonder the alliance was inactive in such a poor political situation.

Finally, with Gate as the alliance leader and motivator, he inspired the rest to perform, something which I haven't seen in an alliance before.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:00   #103
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Why do you think the alliance wasn't inactive in Round 14, yet was in Round 13?

I think its down to a few reasons. The core of ND round 14 were people who wanted to be there, people who thought we would be shit all left (and some tried to rejoin, right Shyne?)

We also played our own game, allying 1up in Round 12 was a good move for us. In Round 13 it just ensured a round of misery for us. No wonder the alliance was inactive in such a poor political situation.
the block we were part of was our only option in round 13. Can you imagine the response if we'd have come to the membership with some half assed ideas about blocking with LCH/Exi (maybe Grog and Troll should comment on that aspect)

Quote:
Finally, with Gate as the alliance leader and motivator, he inspired the rest to perform, something which I haven't seen in an alliance before.

You were never active enough to see anything before, you showed up when you wanted, threw a few opinions around, and went on about your business....

We did just fine motivating the membership prior to Gate in round 14. The people in the channel played actively, thats why we got #3 in round 12. In round 13 real life took it's toll on a lot of our members. And you know that. Take a dig at me if you like, but don't sit here and act like you don't know the real reason we had to bring SiN in. That's completely rediculous.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:01   #104
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

my top 5:

#1 Angels
#2 1up
#3 LCH
#4 Insomnia
#5 Reunion

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:07   #105
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
the block we were part of was our only option in round 13. Can you imagine the response if we'd have come to the membership with some half assed ideas about blocking with LCH/Exi (maybe Grog and Troll should comment on that aspect)

You were never active enough to see anything before, you showed up when you wanted, threw a few opinions around, and went on about your business....

We did just fine motivating the membership prior to Gate in round 14. The people in the channel played actively, thats why we got #3 in round 12. In round 13 real life took it's toll on a lot of our members. And you know that. Take a dig at me if you like, but don't sit here and act like you don't know the real reason we had to bring SiN in. That's completely rediculous.
Why is it either Exi or 1up? Why do you have to follow?

I was never active enough previously to be HC. During R14 I had no Uni, and didn't work that much, so I could afford to commit enough time to PA. I don't believe I will be able to during R15, so I stood down as HC again. Just because I wasn't command, it doesn't mean I don't know what was happening during R13. Before the merger with SiN happened, a few command discussed it with me, I know what happened, and why it happened. Do not speak to me like I'm an idiot. Some things I may be, but don't get personal about it.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:15   #106
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Why is it either Exi or 1up? Why do you have to follow?

I was never active enough previously to be HC. During R14 I had no Uni, and didn't work that much, so I could afford to commit enough time to PA. I don't believe I will be able to during R15, so I stood down as HC again. Just because I wasn't command, it doesn't mean I don't know what was happening during R13. Before the merger with SiN happened, a few command discussed it with me, I know what happened, and why it happened. Do not speak to me like I'm an idiot. Some things I may be, but don't get personal about it.
as a solo alliance, we would have been a roid farm for both blocks, that's obvious.

don't tell me "a few command spoke to you" without particulars, it verify's nothing. How many ppl did we lose to real life prior to round 13? After a #3 finish in round 12 we knew we would have a large target on our backs going into round 13. The decisions we made were based on that. What happened was, we got attacked a lot early, and activity dropped, simple as that.....so we did what we had to , in order to improve activity. No one has called you an idiot, however, blanket statements with no substance don't make your case either. we didn't "follow" anyone, we joined a block, and we pulled our weight
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:20   #107
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

round 15 is upon us, and that's what this thread is about. it's counterproductive for me to sit here and argue about 1 or 2 rounds ago. you got a problem with the work I put into ND, you'll have to get over it. You want to show how much "you" improved ND, well the round starts soon, time to put it on the battlefield and prove it.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:24   #108
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I predict that there is alot of suprises going on behind the curtains, I expect atleast 1 new alliance to take the top 10 mark.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:38   #109
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I predict that there is alot of suprises going on behind the curtains, I expect atleast 1 new alliance to take the top 10 mark.
About as open-ended as it comes mate Although it would be nice to see some fresh blood coming to visit the top 10 for a while
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:41   #110
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Hmm, round 14 certainly had alot of fresh blood in top 10.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:43   #111
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1. 1up
2. Exil
3. Angels
4. ToF
75. ND

Seems about right to me
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:50   #112
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
1. 1up
2. Exil
3. Angels
4. ToF
75. ND

Seems about right to me
not to meh !!!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 15:10   #113
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
not to meh !!!

what do you predict then KJ. If i may ask.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 15:27   #114
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
what do you predict then KJ. If i may ask.
Noticed the smilie? Means I was kidding ...

I've answered that question earlier in this thread, but incase you didn't read the entire thread ...

Exilition and 1up are the favourites, simply because they're the only alliances that won the last 4 rounds.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 15:50   #115
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

thats not a prediction. I think angels are the favorites, as they will have less incoming than any other top 5 ally.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 16:05   #116
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
thats not a prediction. I think angels are the favorites, as they will have less incoming than any other top 5 ally.
First of all, predictions are pointless and only have an entertainment value (fair enough).

Angels are not favourites by far. Pple call us fencesitters and incapable of fighting either exi or 1up in a hardcore battle. Pple also claim Angels will side with exi and be their support alliance ... Angels will play as an alliance again, nobody can predict how well/bad that will go.

All this added together, most pple do not consider us favourites and neither do I really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 16:49   #117
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I consider us top 3 material. And i don't write us off from winning. As to Chika's statement that we will have less incomings than any other top5, i really can't see why. We might have less incomings than 1up or eX at the start, but if we manage to get #1 spot, i am sure we will get more than the avg share of incs a top5 alliance gets.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 17:44   #118
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

#1 - 1up
#2 - 2up
#3 - ND
#4 - Angels (maybe to be switched around with ND)
#5 - Reunion

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 17:46   #119
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Noticed the smilie? Means I was kidding ...

I've answered that question earlier in this thread, but incase you didn't read the entire thread ...

Exilition and 1up are the favourites, simply because they're the only alliances that won the last 4 rounds.
i dont rule them favourites at all, just because of that fact. Hence my prediciton
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 18:31   #120
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

1# LCH
2#
3# Reunion
4# ND
5# Exilition/1up/Coven merge

Last edited by Alessio; 6 Oct 2005 at 18:51.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 18:33   #121
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
i dont rule them favourites at all, just because of that fact. Hence my prediciton
I'll buy you a beer if your prediction becomes reality Alki ... better hope ya got an awesome planet

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Oct 2005, 20:49   #122
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:

Hmm, mate, i think you are the only person on here who thinks Angels are favourites, considering 1up are playing, and "the oh so great Exilition" are back 1up must be favourites for the fact that they have won 3/4 of the last rounds, even if you have an absurd evil hatred of 1up, you cannot argue the fact that 1up are the best alliance in PA at this point in time.

I don't know why u think we will get less incomings than any other top5 ally, assuming we are top5?? :eek: please elaborate...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 21:28   #123
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I dont know how anyone can ever bet against 1up winning the round. With the exception of r13 where they got man handled by a better Block, they have dominated since existance. Unless they get beaten by a block again I dont think anyone is going to beat them one on one unless it is an alliance who is napped to them and outroids them. The rest of the top 10 rankings mean nothing except for newer alliances.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 08:05   #124
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
6) Reunion - a lot of their members will probably head back to eXilition, leaving only the original core.
There were not much left of them in Reunion....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 11:46   #125
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

#1 Exil
#2 Angels
#3 1up
#4 ND
#5 ToF
#6 Reunion
#7 LCH
#8 VGN
#9 xVx
#10 F-Crew

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 13:01   #126
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

What would be interesting is why people are making the choices they are making. I see a lot of people putting Exil as #1, why is this? Do you consider them a better alliance than everyone else, do you think they will outblock other alliances or is that you just feel they can be militarily and politically better than anyone else out there?

I ask mainly because I genuinely see 4 alliances being in with an equally 'good' shot at holding the top spot when ticks end and yet a disproportionate amount still predict Exil finishing there.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:10   #127
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's fun to see pple consider us to be retards who are unable to learn from past mistakes ...

Anyone believing the line you just wrote ... I'll kindly laugh in his face and call him an idiot (sorry)
Please prove me wrong. I'd love to see it - I just don't think you will. I believe that the round will have two main blocks - a 1up block and an eXilition blocks. I certainly don't see a grand alliance of the two coming any time soon.

So, what does Angels do? It could go solo to avoid incoming, as in Round 13 - stand back while 1up/eX batter each others. But will this get you to number one, or just secure you number two? The alternative is to create your own block and create a round like Round 6. I suppose that 1up would be FLTV (who else ), eX would take the role of XETA and Angels could successfully lead a coalition of alliances as FoS. There's the potential to try to engineer a situation similar to that of Round 13, where WP/HR/VGN were initially a third block before allying with 1up & co to try to hold back eXilition etc.

I know what I would do. Do you?

Quote:
What would be interesting is why people are making the choices they are making. I see a lot of people putting Exil as #1, why is this? Do you consider them a better alliance than everyone else, do you think they will outblock other alliances or is that you just feel they can be militarily and politically better than anyone else out there?

I ask mainly because I genuinely see 4 alliances being in with an equally 'good' shot at holding the top spot when ticks end and yet a disproportionate amount still predict Exil finishing there.
Anti-1up feeling after an easy victory in Round 14 (with the round dead by the end of August); usual anti-Fury idiocy; eXilition having had time off and time to plan for Round 15.

And who's the 4th alliance? I hope you're not flattering us
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:23   #128
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
hehe - as much as I havea great deal of respect for the VGN member base I'm not sur eI could stretch quite that far

I actually think, given a few small improvements and a very savvy political round, ND could upset everyone.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:24   #129
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

mazzelaar quite obvious pic for the reason gaven by furbal and by the fact the only time you lost ( and miserably) was against eX.

Quote:
I genuinely see 4 alliances being in with an equally 'good' shot at holding the top spot .
Prolly those who disagreed and pick eX were based by the fact that other allies already had the chance to hold top since 1up showed up and never were able to beat it. Do you really really believe there is other one who might stand against you?

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:31   #130
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
mazzelaar quite obvious pic for the reason gaven by furbal and by the fact the only time you lost ( and miserably) was against eX.

Prolly those who disagreed and pick eX were based by the fact that other allies already had the chance to hold top since 1up showed up and never were able to beat it. Do you really really believe there is other one who might stand against you?
Intruder, pioneering unbiased posting since 2005.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:37   #131
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Shit dig

The main reason for my asking is that I believe one on one 1up and Exil are a more than fair match although I genuinely believe 1up have the edge. Slightly biased I know, sue me. I also suspect that most people, having been asked to pick a winner between just the two, would be hard pushed to do so. So it is my theory that the disproportionate leaning towards Exil winning must contain the expectation that something other than a one on one war will occur. I was mainly trying to figure out the reasoning behind it

Quote:
Yes, I honestly do. Given the right political environment I honestly think any one of 1up, Exil, Angels and ND could take the crown.

Quote:
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:39   #132
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

First of all, which 4 alliances are you talking about (purely out of interest).

To answer your question, why I'd choose exi and 1up is because they prove they can win a round. That's my only reasoning if I'd put money on it. You also put money on the horse that won the most, if you want a "safe" bet.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:40   #133
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all, which 4 alliances are you talking about (purely out of interest).

To answer your question, why I'd choose exi and 1up is because they prove they can win a round. That's my only reasoning if I'd put money on it. You also put money on the horse that won the most, if you want a "safe" bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar posted about same time ;)
Yes, I honestly do. Given the right political environment I honestly think any one of 1up, Exil, Angels and ND could take the crown.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:40   #134
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Mazz was speaking of Angels/Exi/1up/ND

Edit: Aww stifler you punk.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 14:45   #135
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Please prove me wrong. I'd love to see it - I just don't think you will. I believe that the round will have two main blocks - a 1up block and an eXilition blocks. I certainly don't see a grand alliance of the two coming any time soon.

So, what does Angels do? It could go solo to avoid incoming, as in Round 13 - stand back while 1up/eX batter each others. But will this get you to number one, or just secure you number two? The alternative is to create your own block and create a round like Round 6. I suppose that 1up would be FLTV (who else ), eX would take the role of XETA and Angels could successfully lead a coalition of alliances as FoS. There's the potential to try to engineer a situation similar to that of Round 13, where WP/HR/VGN were initially a third block before allying with 1up & co to try to hold back eXilition etc.

I know what I would do. Do you?

Anti-1up feeling after an easy victory in Round 14 (with the round dead by the end of August); usual anti-Fury idiocy; eXilition having had time off and time to plan for Round 15.

says who? Why would 1up for instance go directly after Exilition and not after Angels? IF that would happen, does that mean exilition falls under your example, being the 3rd big alliance?

Fact is, if 2 big alliances and their allies (if any) start a war, then the 3rd alliance can either not join, or can fight one of the big ones, or both. If they hit both, they'll have incs from 2 major blocks and will be called cowards for going for the easy roids.
If they pick a side, they'll also be called lame because they make the battle unfair.
If they don't mingle then they'll be called fencesitters ...

Nonetheless I hope alliances play their game and do what's best in their interest. If that happens then I think we can have a nice round ahead.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 15:07   #136
The_Fish
ND

Quote:

There are a few reasons for me.

One is that Exilition spread around during R14, and made some friends, and not many enemies. They got to know people and speak to people they wouldn't have done if they were Exilition.

Also the round break has made the bitterness about R13 a lot easier to take.

IMO, R15 is looking exciting.

Exilition want to prove they arent a 1 round wonder.
1up want to prove they are better than Exilition. A 0% success rate against them would be hard to take.
Angels want to prove they can make it on their own and don't need to nap anyone seen as 'better' as them and want to show they are as good as anyone.
ND want to prove that our 2nd wasn't a fluke and we are an alliance to be taken serious, both on the battlefield and the political arena.

On top of that, alliances like ToF and Reunion want to keep striving forward and change their reputations a bit too.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 15:09   #137
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
says who? Why would 1up for instance go directly after Exilition and not after Angels? IF that would happen, does that mean exilition falls under your example, being the 3rd big alliance?
eXilition are better known than Angels for initiating hostilities against those they consider their opponents. And they've shown the potential for some genuinely astonishing growth via random roiding early in the round. (No offence to Angels, but eX regularly outroided you on a per-day basis in r13, despite a very tough run)... so it almost seems inevitable that 1up and eX will be the first major battle.

Quote:
If they pick a side, they'll also be called lame because they make the battle unfair.
If they don't mingle then they'll be called fencesitters ...
However, I completely understand this.

Last edited by Gate; 7 Oct 2005 at 15:16.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 15:21   #138
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So it is my theory that the disproportionate leaning towards Exil winning must contain the expectation that something other than a one on one war will occur. I was mainly trying to figure out the reasoning behind it
1up vs eX one on one would be a quite fair match i think. But there are lots other alliances playing which make a one on one impossible. 1up won last round, they are the alliance to beat this round. Most people will hold grudges against 1up rather than against eX, just for the simple reason that eX didn't play last round, and the most recent bashings are the ones they are likely to remember.
Given the scenario, i predict a close race to number #1 between Angels, 1up and eX. In the end, i think this will degenerate into a blocks fight, with each of the top alliances getting first a nap and then using a second tier alliance as support alliance.
But anything can happen. This round could be really exciting, or it could be more of the same crap again. Last round i thought Reunion would make the round interesting by dropping the nap with 1up and trying to go for #1. The signs were there, first the merge with hydra, then the ds members joining. And then... nothing. The biggest dissapointment of the round in my opinion.
So basically, i am hoping for 3 or even 4 alliances going solo for the top spot this round.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 15:40   #139
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
eXilition are better known than Angels for initiating hostilities against those they consider their opponents. And they've shown the potential for some genuinely astonishing growth via random roiding early in the round. (No offence to Angels, but eX regularly outroided you on a per-day basis in r13, despite a very tough run)... so it almost seems inevitable that 1up and eX will be the first major battle.
Obviously that's a high possibility. Both alliances won a round (3 in 1up's case) ... why would they bother with ND or Angels? Clearly for both of them, the other alliance seems to have most potential to kick them from their throne.

Whether that's a good conclussion or not doesn't matter at all. Grudges, rumours about blocks and general dislike of another alliance often are enough to decide your enemy, rather then their true potential to harm you.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:07   #140
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

predicitons are rather useless up until tick 72, where u will most likely see an alliance at full power, no1 can genuinely say how well Angels or Exil will do this coming round, why? because they simply did not play last round, things happen, changes occur. The only real alliances that you can draw a conclusion from are 1up and ND, as they did play last round and you know there relative strength(unless something drastic happens between rounds)

So all these predictions and accusations are rather useless imo.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:26   #141
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really like to predict as im mostly wrong.

But i can say that i throughtly dont really care who wins aslong as its an entertaining round with decent stats, and some good alliance battles where the winner isnt clear untill right before the end.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 17:03   #142
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
predicitons are rather useless up until tick 72
Not at all. Making the right predictions loud enough can help doom an alliance. See for example VVOMM in round 9, they were hyped pre-round to the extent that no one blinked at assembling a 7 (9) alliance block to counter them.

However, preround predictions are widely known for their inaccuracy.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 17:20   #143
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Not at all. Making the right predictions loud enough can help doom an alliance. See for example VVOMM in round 9, they were hyped pre-round to the extent that no one blinked at assembling a 7 (9) alliance block to counter them.

However, preround predictions are widely known for their inaccuracy.
Too true - however, it is funny to see how eXilition's plan seems to fulfill *g*

"Let's have 1up win r14 and come back in r15 to use the anti-1up feeling to trash them into the grounds and win second round we play."

good game exilition (if this is/was your plan), the playerbase tends to be stupid enough to rather help you guys win than have a fun round
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 17:30   #144
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Too true - however, it is funny to see how eXilition's plan seems to fulfill *g*

"Let's have 1up win r14 and come back in r15 to use the anti-1up feeling to trash them into the grounds and win second round we play."

good game exilition (if this is/was your plan), the playerbase tends to be stupid enough to rather help you guys win than have a fun round
paranoid much?
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 17:56   #145
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

Instead of leaning over and handing the win to 1up?

I can tell you that all alliances should and I think are trying to find out how they are gonna make sure round 15 becomes a good round for their alliance. If there really is a hc of an alliance sitting there thinking: How can I be to any help for eXilition, or How can I help 1up winning the round, thoose HC's should be dragged out on the street and given a royal beating.

I dont think any alliances are looking out to help others winning the round.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:32   #146
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

You see, when I think (it hurts my head lol!) about r15 it occurs to me that just perhaps the best approach for most alliances would be to think about themselves first. It's all about me and what I want from the round. So think, what do you want from the round? Don't adapt your game to the political situation, adapt the political situation to your game. This sounds fairly trite and banal but there's no other way of phrasing it unfortunately.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:55   #147
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Instead of leaning over and handing the win to 1up?

I can tell you that all alliances should and I think are trying to find out how they are gonna make sure round 15 becomes a good round for their alliance. If there really is a hc of an alliance sitting there thinking: How can I be to any help for eXilition, or How can I help 1up winning the round, thoose HC's should be dragged out on the street and given a royal beating.

I dont think any alliances are looking out to help others winning the round.
i agree and i really hope not and believe not anyone is out like that :-)

just the point is that a lot of people think that a 1up vs eXi block war will come up - and if a lot of ppl think that they work towards it even if they dont want it.

Again a lot of people have sympathies to either 1up or eXi ( or know the one side better) which makes communication and agreements far easier. I dont want to say that certain alliances will go with eX or 1up for 100% just that a lot tend to a certain side :-p

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 19:07   #148
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
? Don't adapt your game to the political situation, adapt the political situation to your game. This sounds fairly trite and banal but there's no other way of phrasing it unfortunately.

You are 100% right, but I think there are very few alliances who can adapt or manipulate the political situations to help their alliance to be number one. Politics backbone is a miltary to back up its negotiations.

Military might is based on activity of an alliances members and skill/dedication of its officer/hc corp.

So If you have a weaker miltitary then say 1up or exi, you are more apt to be dealing from a point of submission trying to ensure you keep your members safe as possible.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:17   #149
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your game doesn't have to be aiming at becoming number one though. Of course every alliance should seize the opportunity if it presents itself but different goals are acceptable. A strong alliance can crush a weaker one but in a competitive environment they can ill afford the time it takes to do this. An awareness of your relative capabilities is important, however equally an awareness of utility is required. 1up or angels could no doubt smash down many smaller alliances next round but why would they do this? It's not in their best interest to waste their energies in this fashion presuming they are going for number one. So the most important thing to negotiating is knowing what the other guy wants and how many times you'll be able to kick him in the balls while telling him you'll help him get it.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 21:01   #150
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

#1 Exhilation
#2 1up
#3 Angels
#4 ND
#5 ToF
#6 xVx
#7 Reunion
#8 VGN
#9 Orbit
#10 LCH