User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 08:30   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
XP leads to stockpiling

With the increasing focus on XP we see a increase in people stockpiling resources so they wont get a high value ( and its also good to build your own defence).

Infact, I think stockpiling is one of the better tactics to get big xp kicks from now.

Is this what we want? People instead of using resources, stockpiling them?
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:30   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: XP leads to stockpiling

Generally, i am all for encouraging different tactics and strategy. If people want to forgo an immediate score gain by stockpiling cash, then why not?

Interestingly, i want to know how you'd go about preventing it, short of the game automatically building ships for you twice a day. But that would have all sorts of 'inactivity over skill' type problems...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:37   #3
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
With the increasing focus on XP we see a increase in people stockpiling resources so they wont get a high value ( and its also good to build your own defence).

Infact, I think stockpiling is one of the better tactics to get big xp kicks from now.

Is this what we want? People instead of using resources, stockpiling them?
The bash limit also leads to stockpiling. What's your point? What's so bad about it?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:41   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and landing on a big target and spending 2 ticks before you land is great to reduce ur value just before you land
But yeah I agree to many ppl stock piling to much nowadays.
But then again is it fair to say the number 1 players shouldnt stockpile because if they keep buying ships then at a rapid rate of high value will loose targets fast.
Unfair I know but if you ask me its a bit unfixable unless you tax big players which is a bit unfair.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:42   #5
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
The bash limit also leads to stockpiling. What's your point? What's so bad about it?
i guess stockpiling is mainly because of the bashlimit and not because of the XP. It might be a little side effect to gain some more xp points but the main thing is to have targets at all.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 11:33   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I think that with the introduction of XP to the mix we get bigger problems with stockpiling because you want to avoid having a big value so you can hit people lower value for higher xp while you infact have a better value than him. Resources should lead to the same scoreincrease as ships. Therefore forgoing the problem about people not being able to build ships. If the value is the same, they most obvious reason for stockpiling dissapears
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 12:39   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I think that with the introduction of XP to the mix we get bigger problems with stockpiling because you want to avoid having a big value so you can hit people lower value for higher xp while you infact have a better value than him.
But I don't get why that's bad. If the vaule is in resources, it doesn't actually represent being 'bigger' than someone, just the potential to be. Not only that, but resources do actually increase value, thus increasing value and bashlimit, thus forcing people to hit artificially larger targets (compared to their fleet-worth) than they would be hitting if they spent and bought fleet. This in turn forces them to find targets with weak fleet comps (and conversely forces them to keep a good fleet comp). I really don't see what's wrong with that.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 14:06   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just cap a max amount of stockpiled resources?
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 14:37   #9
Zakalwe

I could be wrong. Havn't played planetarion for many years, but i thought you used to be able to steal resources from players, like roids. Would it be feasible or practical to introduce this alternitive form or resource gathering again and would it have any affect?
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 14:40   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe
I could be wrong. Havn't played planetarion for many years, but i thought you used to be able to steal resources from players, like roids. Would it be feasible or practical to introduce this alternitive form or resource gathering again and would it have any affect?
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187430

Should be a bit more helpful.

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 15:09   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

XP is a overall shit idea regardless.

"Oh we cant catch them now, as they did so great in the past!!!11"
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 15:54   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think XP is great - it encourages people to hit much larger targets than the old 'score' (ie value) system. Indeed, how often would you attack someone greater than your own value without XP? why not go for easier and/or cheaper roids by hitting someone 3/4 of your value? XP encourages risk taking, it promotes effective fleet composition, it promotes offensive strategy and action, and so on and so forth.

And this notion that just because someone has high XP means that they did well in the past and are thus unassailable is complete and utter crap. If anything, XP means that players are more able to catch the top ranked players - but to do so obviously takes more skill than just playing sim planet. But equally, it takes skill and activity to catch the top players - and that's only fair i reckon.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 16:12   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I think XP is great - it encourages people to hit much larger targets than the old 'score' (ie value) system. Indeed, how often would you attack someone greater than your own value without XP? why not go for easier and/or cheaper roids by hitting someone 3/4 of your value? XP encourages risk taking, it promotes effective fleet composition, it promotes offensive strategy and action, and so on and so forth.

And this notion that just because someone has high XP means that they did well in the past and are thus unassailable is complete and utter crap. If anything, XP means that players are more able to catch the top ranked players - but to do so obviously takes more skill than just playing sim planet. But equally, it takes skill and activity to catch the top players - and that's only fair i reckon.
Agreed.

When there was no xp then it was even worse for n00b bashing because it didnt really matter anymore who you get roids or ships from as it wouldnt really matter coz you get nothing more or less for attacking somene bigger or smaller than you.

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 16:16   #14
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Stockpiling resources means you have less ships available to defend yourself with. You can build new ships with your stockpile if you get online in time. In that sense, it's a gamble and it's a gamble that can be lost by the stockpiler. Is this what we want? I would argue that yes, we do want players to be able to make choices which can have either positive or negative outcomes. Spending early is low-risk but provides a lower benefit; stockpiling is a classic high-risk/high-reward strategy.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 16:48   #15
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

XP is great for keeping the rankings more open-ended. I made a very agressive start to the round, and spent the first 2-3 weeks top 10 in XP and size. After being badly roided down twice, I was still able to keep a decent ranking due to my early XP. In the old PA you could lose an entire rounds achievement in a few ticks, since all you had to show from early good playing was more roids and ships. If someone landed a few solid attacks or even fleetcatches, everything would be lost.
Right now 40% of the score keeping me in the top 25 is from early XP - a reward for playing well earlier in the round.

As for stockpiling to stay above bash limit - if it was prevented somehow and people with a large resource income found themselves with no unallied targets, their motivation and activity would suffer. This is a little unfair to expect people who have done well to simply stop playing for the final weeks because of their success.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 14:31   #16
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy to counter stockpiling: just put a limit (3-4 mil of each res).
Why producing res if you don't use them? If top planets don't use their res they can prolly play without them.
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 14:52   #17
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist
Easy to counter stockpiling: just put a limit (3-4 mil of each res).
Why producing res if you don't use them? If top planets don't use their res they can prolly play without them.
rofl, oh please. Some people stockpile for incs also :/
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 14:57   #18
The Master

you could solve the problem by having everyone's resources deplete by say 0.1% per tick, that way the more they stock pile, the more they lose until eventually they reach a maximum.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 15:04   #19
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

This game's based on skill and activity right? Well I think we could increase activity a LOT and totally eliminate teh SCOURGE of evul stockpiling by making it so if you didn't spend your resources at the end of your tick you lost them totally !!11

that would fix the games probelms right up!
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 15:35   #20
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist
Easy to counter stockpiling: just put a limit (3-4 mil of each res)..
Three to four mil? heh. The current top planets would have to buy ships every 4 ticks to avoid losing income.

Didn't there used to be a 100mil limit on all res types? Or am I thinking of the 'other game'? Anyway, it was removed for being a stupid idea. Punishing people for success isn't the best way to run a game, and preventing stockpiling with the bash limit still in effect does exactly that.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 17:37   #21
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough

If you dont use your recources you have less ships, and if you have less ships you are easier to attack.
And you still gain value from resources, so you get more xp from somebody with equal ships but more resources saved.

The other positive thing is that if the big planets spend all their resources all the time is that once they run out of proper targets they are going to hit more planets that are at the bash limit.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 18:25   #22
The Master

we need to remember that there are pros and cons of stockpiling resources. The job of the game design is to provide diverse and balanced tactics. So long as stockpiling isnt extremely advantageous or disadvantageous we shouldn't really tweak it... so please stop making ridiculous suggestions. If there is a general feeling that stockpiling is massively advantageous despite all its set backs then perhaps adding a resource depletion would be wise, otherwise just leave it. enough with comments like
Quote:
This game's based on skill and activity right? Well I think we could increase activity a LOT and totally eliminate teh SCOURGE of evul stockpiling by making it so if you didn't spend your resources at the end of your tick you lost them totally !!11

that would fix the games probelms right up!
I would have expected more sense from a 1up player.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 18:45   #23
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

I think he was being sarcastic.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 21:29   #24
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Well if we wanted to stop stockpiling (not saying we should) simply make it impossible to be 100% protected from covert ops again, that did a pretty good job of discouraging too much stockpiling....

Seriously though, I really think this is a non issue, as several have pointed out it is simply another strategy available in the game, which has it's uses, so there really is no good reason I can see to try and discourage it.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 17:53   #25
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

lol stockpiling is quite often done because of bash limits...i know it's the reason i always stockpile... for BIG players it doesn't matter much if you spend or not before you land an attack as the xp gain isn't that big once you're big.

it's bash limits what makes me stockpile.

p.s. the point someone raised about making a limit on 3/4 mil res made me laiugh :/ how many roids have you got? 200?:/ for the top 10 people it would mean they have to be around every 3 ticks heh ...........
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 08:31   #26
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

people stockpile because there are only an average of 20 or so really big planets per round nowadays. They can't land on each other, so they are forced to stockpile. To roid noobs. Whoever can land the most on the noobs and get the most xp from it wins.
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 10:14   #27
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Let them stockpile whatever they want. If you want them not to stockpile, I suggest you cov-op their resources
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 10:48   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
people stockpile because there are only an average of 20 or so really big planets per round nowadays. They can't land on each other, so they are forced to stockpile. To roid noobs. Whoever can land the most on the noobs and get the most xp from it wins.
now that's bull
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 11:12   #29
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

As already stated stockpiling can also be a def strategy, giving you more scope to build a specific ship to counter an attacker.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 18:26   #30
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
now that's bull
you must be guilty.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 01:12   #31
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Top planets can easily land on each other. I can think of several occasions when I've been roided by top planets, and I've roided several of them back.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 09:57   #32
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Top planets can easily land on each other. I can think of several occasions when I've been roided by top planets, and I've roided several of them back.
yeah, you bastard
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 13:01   #33
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
you must be guilty.
i hit top 15 people all the time... (not doing top 10 as HC won't allow me as they are allied or because they are 1up.)

however fleetwise i can hit basically everyone in the game. cept elviz prolly as cath can do defence easily...

and yes alot of top planets can hit me aswell.
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 15:18   #34
Cmd_Carl
Omen HC

Cmd_Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

i might be one of the biggest "xp whores" pa had this round.

Still i never suicided ships to get roid.. nor have i ever stockpiled a single res.
Cmd_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 19:59   #35
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

first of all, being 1up, lch, f crew or any other alliance should not prevent a top planet from being attack and roided, if it s possible!

second, if low to average players can land on top 100 planets, so can the top players, they can for sure land on each other , taken they re not in the same alliance, so dont come saying top 10 planet cant land on top 5 planets.. they can, but wont cause they fear losing ships , and cause it s easier to roid a planet half their value!

third, giving immunity to covert op prevent lot of action that would benefit the lower half of the planets, as they cant blow up ennemy ship, cant bank hack or destroy amp and distorters, effectively providing better cover to the top player with high construction speed! allow covert op to work normally.. and as for stockpiling.. no limit , but raise the bank hack to 10% of what the player stock pile (as a maximum) so ppls will use their stockpile or see it plunder by ppls who will use it !

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 20:26   #36
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
second, if low to average players can land on top 100 planets, so can the top players, they can for sure land on each other , taken they re not in the same alliance, so dont come saying top 10 planet cant land on top 5 planets.. they can, but wont cause they fear losing ships , and cause it s easier to roid a planet half their value!
Difference is, "low to average" planets gain far more xp, and it affects their planet ranks ALOT more than the bigger boys and girls. And while we're on it, big planets land alot more on eachother than you might think...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 21:12   #37
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

the point is most top planets, whether top 200, top 100 or top 20 often choose the one to the lower limit of 40% their value for the same amount of roid cause they know that even with alliance or gal defense, they gonna land cause the defense wont be big enough to make a difference! players seek the least dangerous target, not matter how much xp and score gain they may get.. that s why many low and average rank players quits.. cause they cant grows by being beseiged all the time.. i know, cause i was one of them..

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 22:40   #38
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

No no no, you're getting it wrong. Thats what the lower players do, because thats their mindset. The larger (and thus, usually more experienced) players realise that in order to get/stay ahead of the pack, they can't rely on a mediocre roid count, and that XP matters. Alot. You'd be surprised how often bashing is blamed on the higher ranked planets, when really it happens below the t1000 alot more.

If a planet chooses to attack their 40% limit its usually a neutral in a galaxy-attack, and they are being of service to their alliance by occupying what would be one or two extra defence fleets.

Oh, and the bash limit is there to protect players from those much bigger. However, usually when they get hit its because they are roidfat, and quite frankly, deserve to be hit.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 23:16   #39
rop1964
F Crew

lol.. arfy.. you cant be serious?! 80% of all attack i saw , on my planet and that of my galmates were made by players that were 2 twice my size or more.. and until the last 2 week of r14.. i was top 400.. which mean the player attacking were mostly in top 200 or higher.. many of my own attacker were from gal 6 10 (who finished 1st in gal rank overall ) , so claiming big planet were looking for big planets to hit is a lie.. or at best, they did so whenever they had no other target to hit.. and as far as i know , gal 6 10 was full of the top 5 alliances.. in the last month before the end of r 14, no planet under me attacked or so rarely cause i had trouble keeping 300 roids! now if you call 300 roids being fat.. what you call those who had 3000+ , as i saw even 1 planet at 11k roids!

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 05:44   #40
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough

rop how did that nr1 planet with 11k roids get those roids ?
as you claim they attacked only planets with 300 roids, meaning the 11k roid guy would need to roid you 150 times to get to that number.
I was in the nr 2 gal and all the ppl in my gal with a proper alliance almost never attacked around the bash limit.
Basicly i think you are just whining becouse you performed bad last round and just want to blame somebody.
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 06:09   #41
rop1964
F Crew

I was in the nr 2 gal and all the ppl in my gal with a proper alliance almost never attacked around the bash limit.
Basicly i think you are just whining becouse you performed bad last round and just want to blame somebody. MegaNova

well meganova, good for you.. you never had to face 5000 ter bs , or 5000 cath cr, etc.. happy for you.. but the truth is, 80% of all attack were made vs planets 50-60% lower than their score, as i mention, i did point that out to appocomaster very often. the majority of the big planet hit lower planet to avoid getting a friendly alliance on their back, or a more powerful one retaliating.. that s what i believe..

i was a very active guy, hitting big planets as much as i can, but when you get roided day in and day out by players twice your size, you just cant survive!! you got a good galaxy and a good alliance that back you up.. great.. but it s not the lot of all players! So when i see players say how good they re and say that players that finish badly are inactive and lazy, i dont buy it.. i see players abusing their weaker players and then hide behind their fleet!

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 06:17   #42
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaNova
Basicly i think you are just whining becouse you performed bad last round and just want to blame somebody.
Whilst rop may be whinging, he does have a fair point to make, insofar that much of the incoming is quite rediculous. I invite you to spend a round in a galaxy that is fighting to get into the top 100, and see for yourself.

It aint pretty :\
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 18:24   #43
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Whilst rop may be whinging, he does have a fair point to make, insofar that much of the incoming is quite rediculous. I invite you to spend a round in a galaxy that is fighting to get into the top 100, and see for yourself.

It aint pretty :\
Yes, because MegaNova only ever plays in top10 galaxies. And he always has top100 planets. His e-dick is so big, it'd choke a blue whale.

Ok, so all that was lies.

Except the bit abouth the e-dick.
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:18   #44
MegaNova
m33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
Basicly i think you are just whining becouse you performed bad last round and just want to blame somebody. MegaNova

well meganova, good for you.. you never had to face 5000 ter bs , or 5000 cath cr, etc.. happy for you.. but the truth is, 80% of all attack were made vs planets 50-60% lower than their score, as i mention, i did point that out to appocomaster very often. the majority of the big planet hit lower planet to avoid getting a friendly alliance on their back, or a more powerful one retaliating.. that s what i believe..

i was a very active guy, hitting big planets as much as i can, but when you get roided day in and day out by players twice your size, you just cant survive!! you got a good galaxy and a good alliance that back you up.. great.. but it s not the lot of all players! So when i see players say how good they re and say that players that finish badly are inactive and lazy, i dont buy it.. i see players abusing their weaker players and then hide behind their fleet!
I could blow my e-penis ego here and tell you how i had 10 waves of orginised incoming. But i wont.
Now this game is all about tactics, and since the introduction of XP you are awarded for getting something more then just more resources each tick.
Now i will let you solve the end of this big puzzle.