User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 08:58   #251
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OK. Newdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
If I was going to bet i'd want something with a few more digits in. The point of my post was that you'd have to be an idiot to bet a substantial amount with someone who can choose whether or not they win the bet.

I read your initial post as meaning that you'd bet a large amount ("any amount") that 1up and reunion would be napped at the start of next round. Now it's reduced to you offering to bet pocket change that we'll have a temporary nap with them at some point during the round.
Heh, I was gonna reply the same. What point is there in making a bet where one of the 2 can decide whether he wins/loses the bet ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:05   #252
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
If Sid wants to raise the stakes, I am more than willing, if Sid is as confident as I am, he can put his money where his mouth is.

£20? £50?
The point is that you compltely backed down from your initial statement. Irrespective of the amount you're willing to bet on this particular scenario it isn't the situation tha tyou were initially so confident about happening. could it be that you were just shooting your mouth off or trying to rile a bit of anti 1up feeling? Surely not. Now either say you don't actually believe the statement you made about 1up and reunion pre round plans or put your money where your mouth is.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 10:58   #253
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want to make bets with each other, get off my forum.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 12:28   #254
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

surely if 1up/reunion have no choice to nap they will?
ND will surely finish lower than they did this round. And they will quit earlier. You think anyone is going to let you grow faster than them? THIS round you growing faster than your block would have worked, but surely exil will twat you? Exil will NAP ND/ANGELS/and whoever else they can ND included. SURE you guys will own 1up. exil WON'T nap reunion. You guys will hit reunion, Exil/lch/angels will hit 1up. Then they will **** ND as your the weakest link. Surely this senario is realistic, with the only whammy being wrather angels will side with exil or 1up. Other than that. YES, if 1up/reunion are forced to block (like ND was in RD 12 i think or 13) then they will. They won't say "oh they said we will block so we can't now" I am willing to bet that the block for next round is already determined.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 12:47   #255
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
surely if 1up/reunion have no choice to nap they will?
ND will surely finish lower than they did this round. And they will quit earlier. You think anyone is going to let you grow faster than them? THIS round you growing faster than your block would have worked, but surely exil will twat you? Exil will NAP ND/ANGELS/and whoever else they can ND included. SURE you guys will own 1up. exil WON'T nap reunion. You guys will hit reunion, Exil/lch/angels will hit 1up. Then they will **** ND as your the weakest link. Surely this senario is realistic, with the only whammy being wrather angels will side with exil or 1up. Other than that. YES, if 1up/reunion are forced to block (like ND was in RD 12 i think or 13) then they will. They won't say "oh they said we will block so we can't now" I am willing to bet that the block for next round is already determined.

ofc there are some things that you can assume already but as you can learn from this round A LOT can change during changes and influences that nobody could have forseen earlier. Yes i would agree that Reunion has more symphathies to 1up than probably eXi but still that doesnt mean we HAVE to nap them. This rounds decision was really a close thing as well which side to chose as i have/had good relations to LCH that time as well and were involved into longer talks with them as well - and i guess when we went against 1up nobody would say : "YOU BLOCK 1up in R15 100% !!!111111"

and why decide your allies and naps for next round already now ? why not let the first weeks go into the round and see things develop. For example at this time i dont think ND Command would be that open for talks with us - who knows how this will be in r15 ? i do not and certainly i hope nobody else does

to think about combinations is not bad and should be done ofc but to state is as facts and that it will happen just as u say now is more than vague.

brian boitano ftw !

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 19:56   #256
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right, this is a mod post.

In the past page there has been the following offences:
  • spamming
  • offtopic discussion (although in the case of sticking bets on this was associated with PA discussion, therefore difficult to edit out but also only minor)
  • trolling
  • counter-trolling
  • disregarding mod instructions
  • questioning of mod independence (tantamount to trolling)

As a result I have had to delete 13 posts to keep this thread open. If the users involved want to persist, they'll end up being the topic of a conversation between me and JBG, and end up on the wrong end of a ban if we deem it so.

Please note: in all mod action within this thread, I have consulted with JBG in order to ensure that mod independence is maintained. This is effectively a statement from the both of us.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 23:22   #257
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

newdawn used to be such a friendly place, i think people should be nicer to each other. If you do that i bet lokken wouldnt need to tell u off any more

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 07:13   #258
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

tbh i think LCH deserve some credit for taking the slack of 1up incs for like most the round:| and only after Insomnia/Hydra disapeared did we really start to hurt

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 09:15   #259
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
tbh i think LCH deserve some credit for taking the slack of 1up incs for like most the round:| and only after Insomnia/Hydra disapeared did we really start to hurt
Yeah. you guys in LCH did well tbh. Especially 5.10 peeps, seems they are doing well defending themselves against 1up up to now, since most of them arent being roided and one planet is even in top 10.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:32   #260
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Yeah. you guys in LCH did well tbh. Especially 5.10 peeps, seems they are doing well defending themselves against 1up up to now, since most of them arent being roided and one planet is even in top 10.
Oh, that individual abandoned ship m8.

LCH did take it hard after insomnia/hydra fall. To bad this was hydras first as full blown alliance. I hope they don't give up and go back BG.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:57   #261
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Oh, that individual abandoned ship m8.

LCH did take it hard after insomnia/hydra fall. To bad this was hydras first as full blown alliance. I hope they don't give up and go back BG.
Then again, what alliance is stupid enough to take in a BG like Hydra, who will no doubt go for personal gain when things aren't going as planned in their new alliance.

And before you give a lame comment on Angels concerning this ... we merged into LCH and we both decided to end the cooperation (so Angels wasn't going on a personal gain path).

I've yet to see an alliance perform great which has a BG in it (like Hydra in WP or Angels in MISTU)...

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:22   #262
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Then again, what alliance is stupid enough to take in a BG like Hydra, who will no doubt go for personal gain when things aren't going as planned in their new alliance.
The hydras we took in are very nice people and helped the alliance alot, im glad they are with us. I cant nearly say any negative things about them. Tho it were "only" around 20 we took in and ive to say that most of them are nice chaps.

My picture about Hydra changed alot.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:43   #263
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
The hydras we took in are very nice people and helped the alliance alot, im glad they are with us. I cant nearly say any negative things about them. Tho it were "only" around 20 we took in and ive to say that most of them are nice chaps.

My picture about Hydra changed alot.
No, the difference here is that you took them in as members, not as a BG that wanted to remain a BG inside your alliance. It's less likely that you'll be faced with Hydra leaving cause your alliance doesn't perform well enough or your goals are different from theirs.

I don't know your internal runnings, but I assume you took them in as members rather as a BG inside your alliance?

Angels was a BG inside mistu. We had our own attack channel and our own attacks.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 15:58   #264
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
No, the difference here is that you took them in as members, not as a BG that wanted to remain a BG inside your alliance. It's less likely that you'll be faced with Hydra leaving cause your alliance doesn't perform well enough or your goals are different from theirs.

I don't know your internal runnings, but I assume you took them in as members rather as a BG inside your alliance?

Angels was a BG inside mistu. We had our own attack channel and our own attacks.
Every 1up attack group is effectively the same as this. They each have their own identity and members. They run their own attacks (albeit from a pre approved list) and they compete with other attack groups to be "the best". This works well for 1up in many ways so, in my opinion, BG's can work fine within alliances as long as they are policed correctly.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 16:36   #265
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
As example, Angels in Mistu were loyal to Angels and nobody else. We played as opportunists and in the end the only thing that mattered was Angels, not Mistu.
Then you're just about the lowest form of Planetarion life.

Quote:
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:39   #266
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
We had our own attack channel and our own attacks.

Quote:
We played as opportunists and in the end the only thing that mattered was Angels, not Mistu.

Here I am again policing your crap. While I agree with some of your statements regarding BG's, you were never a member of mistu, so once again, shouldnt be using the term we as it gives false impressions. The problem imo amongst others was not that we only gave a crap about Angels, it was that mistus HC was a bit shaky and ours was a bit demanding.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 18:08   #267
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Sin has never been a BG!

Where in hell do you get your Intel from?
is it already time for " He did a MotoX " ?

i mean if Kjeldoran ever mentioned SiN in his post someone could misunderstand what he means, but i cant find the word or anything related to SiN there ? sorry what do you mean Motox ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 18:15   #268
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
is it already time for " He did a MotoX " ?

i mean if Kjeldoran ever mentioned SiN in his post someone could misunderstand what he means, but i cant find the word or anything related to SiN there ? sorry what do you mean Motox ?

I got to exited to ones and for all twat Kj, but I missread – the joke is on me
(should keep away from forum while drinking home made :/ )
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 18:35   #269
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I guess I am then ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 18:37   #270
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
I got to exited to ones and for all twat Kj, but I missread – the joke is on me
(should keep away from forum while drinking home made :/ )
how sweet, I'm sure Jupp now is convinced that aside from your obvious awesome skilled political analyses, you're also capable of being funny ....

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 19:05   #271
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Here I am again policing your crap. While I agree with some of your statements regarding BG's, you were never a member of mistu, so once again, shouldnt be using the term we as it gives false impressions. The problem imo amongst others was not that we only gave a crap about Angels, it was that mistus HC was a bit shaky and ours was a bit demanding.
After talking to alch (god I hate him for this) ... I realize I was abit harsh and took my own opinion as the one for Angels. Guess I was wrong there. I know alch worked his ass off to make things work with mistu, guess I'm missplaced to comment on that (eventhough what I posted is my opinion which will not change, I just shouldn't have generalized it for Angels).

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 19:19   #272
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
you can scrap this comment buddy, as the whole story has been taken out of proportion.
Lets end the discussion about Angels right now, thing are deeper than all of you guys think and i assume that the only one to really know what happened between mistu and angels, were Irvine and myself. And i am not proud of myself of what has been done that time, but it had to be done and i dont regret the move we done.

We arent the lowest form of planetarion, i am very moral, but i wouldnt stick to an alliance that would have treated my members that badly for so long. i am still proud we sticked with them so far.
IF you want a detailed report of what happen for the sake of the truth, then i can invite you for a friendly chat about what happened there (tho i think i remember telling you what happened) but i wont take the details to AD, its too much damn interesting and will provoke a serie of interesting posts and trolls, and because i am a mean person i dont want other people to enjoy.

Last edited by alch; 20 Sep 2005 at 00:45.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 20:23   #273
lokken
BlueTuba

And now, we move back to topic.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 23:02   #274
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

U clearly dont know what u r talking about. Why would a BG naturally go for personal gain?
The reasons for BGs leaving alliances r most of the cases more complexe than just the BG leaving for rank. Lack of communication, internal fights etc etc.

And since u know 0 about hydra I advice u to stfu

tyvm

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 08:24   #275
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
U clearly dont know what u r talking about. Why would a BG naturally go for personal gain?
The reasons for BGs leaving alliances r most of the cases more complexe than just the BG leaving for rank. Lack of communication, internal fights etc etc.

And since u know 0 about hydra I advice u to stfu

tyvm
I used Hydra as an example because you are/were simply the most known BG atm, nothing more, nothing less. At no point did I insinuate that Hydra is a selfish BG, all I'm saying is that BG's often have different priorities and goals then the alliance that hosts them (with the exception like in 1up, where the bg's got formed internally rather then a new BG joining them).

Mind you, I never wrote that a BG leaves purely for ranks. There are alot of issues like loyalty, integration, balance, miss communication, ranks, different goals, different politics ... We've seen it go wrong so many times before.

FA Gaming community

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:25   #276
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
you can scrap this comment buddy, as the whole story has been taken out of proportion.
My comment wasn't aimed neccessarily at Angels, more anyone with that kind of attitude. It's the kind of attitude that will bring an alliance down and will spoil a round of Planetarion for us all because of the knock on effects.

Quote:
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:26   #277
Pietje

Pietje is on a distinguished road

Hydra didnt start the round as a BG and won't end the round as one
So what r we talking about really
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:40   #278
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:

And before you give a lame comment on Angels concerning this ... we merged into LCH and we both decided to end the cooperation (so Angels wasn't going on a personal gain path).

I've yet to see an alliance perform great which has a BG in it (like Hydra in WP or Angels in MISTU)...
i think i may remind you that the only round hydra played as bg was the WP round. and as far as i know they never actually left WP that same round even tho it didnt work out between both groups. only ones who left were
(me who left very early and joined exi) keizari/rain who joined Angels coz it seems angels didnt even need to think twice about taking 2 top 10 planets in their ranks. it seems you talk everyone down except your precious angels while the only thing you can be proud of is that #2 ranking and having #1 planet who is actually hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:54   #279
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
i think i may remind you that the only round hydra played as bg was the WP round. and as far as i know they never actually left WP that same round even tho it didnt work out between both groups. only ones who left were
(me who left very early and joined exi) keizari/rain who joined Angels coz it seems angels didnt even need to think twice about taking 2 top 10 planets in their ranks. it seems you talk everyone down except your precious angels while the only thing you can be proud of is that #2 ranking and having #1 planet who is actually hydra
I'd check your intel again, then realize your facts are ... wrong. I'll even give you a hint ... "Rain" ...

And ffs, stop feeling offended cause I used Hydra. Yes I could have used Angels aswell, IT IS JUST A NAME/EXAMPLE ...

Infact, show me some proof where a bg and an alliance played perfectly together and achieved a top result (like winning) ...

And another thing ... why do you think I look down on BG's? I don't get where on earth you get that idea. If you're able to read, you'd realize I'm critizing the alliances that host such BG's ... because they're the ones taking the risk (knowing very well it hasn't been succesful yet).

Btw, I'm talking from my own experience here ... FAnG has hosted quite some BG's and more then once it turned out bad for us.

FA Gaming community

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:59   #280
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
it seems you talk everyone down except your precious angels while the only thing you can be proud of is that #2 ranking and having #1 planet who is actually hydra
ho ho ho, eXilition silently laughing their asses off about Angels' inability to gather #1 alliance rank last round

sftswo (sorry for this scintillatingly witty oneliner).
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 12:33   #281
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietje
Hydra didnt start the round as a BG and won't end the round as one
So what r we talking about really
he refers to our round with WP (r13?)

And he also thinks we will be BG again for next round, hence why he uses Hydra as an example.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 12:38   #282
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
I used Hydra as an example because you are/were simply the most known BG atm, nothing more, nothing less. At no point did I insinuate that Hydra is a selfish BG, all I'm saying is that BG's often have different priorities and goals then the alliance that hosts them (with the exception like in 1up, where the bg's got formed internally rather then a new BG joining them).

Mind you, I never wrote that a BG leaves purely for ranks. There are alot of issues like loyalty, integration, balance, miss communication, ranks, different goals, different politics ... We've seen it go wrong so many times before.

Different goals / different politics = the main reasons WP - Hydra didnt work out.

If a BG shares the same views as the alliance it joins, I think a BG will be a great adition to an alliance.

Its ofc a risk to take, but its a risk waking up in the morning also.

Quote:
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 15:31   #283
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
If a BG shares the same views as the alliance it joins, I think a BG will be a great adition to an alliance.
I agree but it's rather rare in PA that a BG can integrate succesfully and manage to play a great round with the alliance. I'm sure some alliances managed it in the past, yet FAR more have failed ...

A part of PA and running an alliance is to know the risks and avoid any unescessary risks ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 19:24   #284
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Usually BG's such as Hydra normally consists of very good and hardcore players, and thus aiding your military with immense power which wouldn't be there if not.
Also if you do not believe your own alliance capable enough of keeping the players, maybe you are the one to revise alot about your own alliance. In Reunion I got to know a few Hydra players, and there not the egocentric wh0res who does nothing but watch their own personal rank as suggested on the boards, rather they are an good addition to the ally, the alliance attacks and atleast but not most important the alliance defence ( these BG's often\not always\ have more skilled players and more concentrated deffleets, lets say a bigger proportion of anti FI because he knows he gets def either way on FR inc from ingal or so ) and thus covering alot of the bigger calls with greater ease.

I'd much rather see BGs as a bigger part of PA, then less and less, in no way is Hydra as they are presented on boards, I'd rather encourage HC's to take on these BGs if you believe you can handle them.

Also I'd like to see more BGs like this, remember any idiot can create one
Whereas making an entire ally would be alot more workzzzz...
Z
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 23:55   #285
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead

I'd much rather see BGs as a bigger part of PA, then less and less, in no way is Hydra as they are presented on boards, I'd rather encourage HC's to take on these BGs if you believe you can handle them.

Also I'd like to see more BGs like this, remember any idiot can create one
Whereas making an entire ally would be alot more workzzzz...
Z
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

Idiot being the key word.

In one round you have successfully managed to:

1. Have your old alliance wrecked by leaving in tears as you didnt have enough power there.

2. Join the ONLY alliance in PA this round nap'ed to 1up, and going all high and mighty about how you were going to destroy them (1up).

3. Becoming the laughing stock of everyone with a planet and a irc connection.

4. Proving to be just as dangerous and reliable as a limp dwarf in a 110m hurdles race.

Basicly your post, imo, can be intrepted in one way: "Please take us in, we need a place to go when I either run out of power or our alliance is on the verge of being beaten".

It must be nice to be the guys who only get taken by the desperate girls. drop me a line and let me know how it is, k ?

Love, Idler.
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 02:02   #286
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Idiot being the key word.

In one round you have successfully managed to:

1. Have your old alliance wrecked by leaving in tears as you didnt have enough power there.

2. Join the ONLY alliance in PA this round nap'ed to 1up, and going all high and mighty about how you were going to destroy them (1up).

3. Becoming the laughing stock of everyone with a planet and a irc connection.

4. Proving to be just as dangerous and reliable as a limp dwarf in a 110m hurdles race.

Basicly your post, imo, can be intrepted in one way: "Please take us in, we need a place to go when I either run out of power or our alliance is on the verge of being beaten".

It must be nice to be the guys who only get taken by the desperate girls. drop me a line and let me know how it is, k ?

Love, Idler.
1. Surely you must know our true reasons for leaving, because you heard it? Or maybe a log?

2. Choose well didn't I.

3. Oh no I see rather opportunities then disclosure.

4. This was a compliment , aye? :xmas:

As for my BG its been dead for quite some time, and surely we've gone all over the place as neither of the members would have problems getting into an decent sized ally.
So in what way can this post inerpreted like you said?

I can't speak for the other members of the bg, but I've had a bit strange, yet highly amusing round. So how is life at the great top missus powerfull?

Love, peace & propserity
SkyHead
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 09:53   #287
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

also how can i say this in the simplest way...

1up WON A SUMMERROUND MISTAR MIGHTY!!! yes im sorry for all the ppl who rather spended their time on the beach then playing with you.

1up rules!

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 10:35   #288
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
also how can i say this in the simplest way...

1up WON A SUMMERROUND MISTAR MIGHTY!!! yes im sorry for all the ppl who rather spended their time on the beach then playing with you.

1up rules!

"Oh look at me, Im mr. generalize".

I hereby present MaxMilliaN with the following Award

I sincerely hope you proceed to post a picture on the NG Gallery so we can all watch your wickedly supertanned triceps in awe.
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 10:43   #289
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
"Oh look at me, Im mr. generalize".

I hereby present MaxMilliaN with the following Award

I sincerely hope you proceed to post a picture on the NG Gallery so we can all watch your wickedly supertanned triceps in awe.

tnk u tnk u, tho i thought you 1upers were internet winners this round? :s

its like some homeless person giving a place to crash in to someone with a house

u so funny! you must be the 1up clown

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 11:47   #290
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Why is a different sub-standard game, low skills required game (coords and rank) in your siggy? You're proud of not even being the best in a lowbish game?

You got any PA rank to put up instead? Aside of being prolly Hydra this round.
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 11:53   #291
lokken
BlueTuba

hopelessly offtopic.