User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 03:54   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Undesirable Galmates.

As another round starts and the shuffle has commenced.

Sometimes you think "Yes I have a good gal, I might even be in with a shout of a free credit" or "Oh dear god I think I will hit the exile buttons".
But what makes you thing this.

Question is what is an undesirable gal mate to you?
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 04:14   #2
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough
Re: Undesirable Galmates.

If their nickname begins with a P and ends with a y you get a weird fuzzy feeling. But tbh its when after a couple days and yor gal channel is still just you and your bp mates that you start feeling real down. Or if youre a random and you have to initiate making a galaxy channel and the whole 9 yards.

I would say having only a few planets not online on the first day of shuffle is alright and if you can get only 1 planet or 2 not online you might be thinking free credit. ofcourse depends on who they are that are online

But yeah inactivty ftl.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 04:17   #3
InvictusVitae

InvictusVitae is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst loss isn't inactives. It's rather selfish people who don't understand the value of teamwork, as they are more expensive to exile, and generally just cause more trouble than they're worth.
InvictusVitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 04:21   #4
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I usually get the insufferable know it alls that land in my galaxy and start spouting off how everything should be done, and whinning that within 2 hours of shuffle not everyone in the galaxy is in IRC so they exile themselves.

Maybe if they took the time to help people instead of just spouting off how things should be done they might actually make the galaxy better than it is.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 05:12   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

To be in my gal you got to pull your weight, if not let the exile vote
commence,

Myself it would be...

Inactives, The ones that dont reply on the gal forums / ingame mails and join the gal channels on irc.
I am willing to keep the newbie who will make the effort.

3 fleeters, The ones that will constantly send out 3 fleets on attack and dont def ingal (hence not earning their keep) and the ally def whore varient aswell. The ones that will always have a def fleet going out of the gal but dont have one available for the gal (hence not earning their keep). Periodically want you to report their incs...
Sure some could argue that is that is the way they want to play their game then why not.
question is why should I report your inc(s) if you arent prepared to send a def fleet ingal?

The ingal spy (aka the free jpg), giving intel on your galmates to your ally can be a sensitive issue at times. Although there is a given expectation to inform your ally about what your galmates allys are.
What I would deem as down right crap is leaking info (def strategies/missions on your gal channel) whilst your gal is covered in red from their respective ally and then reporting your gal status to their ally because they cant scan your gals distorter whore.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 05:26   #6
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I would agree with most of that. Too many people will send out all three fleets at the same time, and get incoming and cry and moan they need defence cuz they left some ships at home that will be destroyed. They'll also be the same people that will ignore the incoming on the Gal Status page and send fleets out anyway instead of defending and then say they couldn't defend because there fleets were out.

Then there's the whiners, the ones that are decent players but whine about every single issue. Had one a few rounds ago that would send a complaint message every day to me, about what we were doing wrong. When I would go to talk to him, I'd ask what he thinks we should do, but he never would say anything, just keep spouting off more complaints, I even asked him if he wanted to be GC...to which he responded that he didn't want to be a minister or GC, he didn't like having any responsibility, he was insulted that I would even say such a thing to him. The worst part is that was round 16 and he was in a Buddy Pack so we couldn't exile him.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 06:16   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I honestly have to say that I dont like galaxies anymore.

It isnt what it used to be, its being used by all alliances (including my own) as a place to spy, gather intel instead of teamwork and a friendly enviroment. I think we should remove galaxies and have bigger alliances with random joinings instead but thats just me speaking.

To define what a bad galmate is: Well, in my eyes, a badgalmate is one who runs to his alliance with info of another galmates nick, and is willing to screw his galmate over since he's in another alliance and you dont like that alliance.

I think it has come to a point where some people just dont want to be in their galaxy channel due to all the backstabbing going on in there.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 06:26   #8
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Yeah, I know that was going on a lot last round. I think at least 4-5 of the galaxies that had alliance members of mine reported that they knew someone in there galaxy was doing that. I know this may seem shocking, but I discourage that tactic among my members, I think that alliances shouldn't use member galaxies for spying on each other.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 10:17   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People who put bright multi-coloured messages on the gal overview. If I need to vomit in the morning after a heavy night's drinking I'll do what everyone else does and stick my finger down my throat thank you very much.

When they start turning up on the gal forums it's just too much for me
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:00   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I honestly have to say that I dont like galaxies anymore.

It isnt what it used to be, its being used by all alliances (including my own) as a place to spy, gather intel instead of teamwork and a friendly enviroment. I think we should remove galaxies and have bigger alliances with random joinings instead but thats just me speaking.

To define what a bad galmate is: Well, in my eyes, a badgalmate is one who runs to his alliance with info of another galmates nick, and is willing to screw his galmate over since he's in another alliance and you dont like that alliance.

I think it has come to a point where some people just dont want to be in their galaxy channel due to all the backstabbing going on in there.
Handing over your galaxies panic list to your alliance isnt in itself screwing the galaxy over as long as you know how the information is being used or if your handing it over knowing it will be used to attack the galaxy.

Last round I had this debate with a few F-Crew members. In F-Crew any planet in a F-Crew galaxy gets a one way planetary NAP, a NAP which will remain in place even if that persons alliance declares war. The only times its ever broken is if the planet in question has been a real problem and even then the members in the galaxy will normally get a veto option. We also encourage in galaxy defence to be sent by members. For this protection the panic lists being handed over are a tiny favour to ask in return and it acts as the base for gathering intel outside our galaxies which could be extreamly useful later. As long as theres such an understanding your not screwing your galaxy over one bit.

The problem to me is more to do with the fact that most alliances dont use the intel in a resonsable manner as far as the galaxy is concerned. They will get the intel and then use it to screw the galaxy over. Now when you have a situation where alliances will have no problem screwing a galaxy over your forced to hide your id so as to not to encourage them. Fake nicks then mean that your an unknown quantity and everyone else doesnt know what your motives are or how much to trust you. So you end up adopting the X-Files belief of "Trust No One". Without trust your less inclined to send ships to help them, or work as a team ect ect
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:08   #11
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

pa is too alliance oriented nowadays, the gal is the best and last defence you can get.
even the smaller guys can and will help out if its a friendly inviroment.

so my conclution on the matter is that giveing the allies more room in pa is actually the thing that makes it bad nowadays

oh a summer round should really be free as ppl cant play full time
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:49   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
pa is too alliance oriented nowadays, the gal is the best and last defence you can get.
even the smaller guys can and will help out if its a friendly inviroment.

so my conclution on the matter is that giveing the allies more room in pa is actually the thing that makes it bad nowadays

oh a summer round should really be free as ppl cant play full time
I would say that actually it was the minute they decided to try and improve galaxy quality by impossing Private galaxies that was the initial problem. It helped make this community more selfish and patient. Once alot of this community experianced what it was like to have a galaxy that was highly active in the way private galaxies allowed they became a bit greedy and when we went back to anything but fully private they became a little intolerant of anyone who didnt meet some fairly high standards.

The other issues that we now have when it comes with galaxies are mainly just byproducts of the 'professionalism' that private galaxies brought to the game and which now is the standard that every player is measured by
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:55   #13
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I dislike gal channels where people rarely talk, theres no camaradarie and it can spoil the round. I want to have a bit of a laugh with the people im squatting with during the course of the round, not simply say "can you send me some ships?" once in a while when I get inc.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:31   #14
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
I dislike gal channels where people rarely talk, theres no camaradarie and it can spoil the round. I want to have a bit of a laugh with the people im squatting with during the course of the round, not simply say "can you send me some ships?" once in a while when I get inc.

Those are the best sorts of gals by far, and can make the round far more interesting!

Gals are boring if there's no camaraderie.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:36   #15
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
3 fleeters, The ones that will constantly send out 3 fleets on attack and dont def ingal (hence not earning their keep) and the ally def whore varient aswell. The ones that will always have a def fleet going out of the gal but dont have one available for the gal (hence not earning their keep).
Rather surprised to see this one from an alliance HC. Is it really your position that your members should send their defence fleets in-galaxy and not to Subh?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:52   #16
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

a notorious 3 fleeter is crap to both allies and gals. oh allie defwhores are kinda silly too cos they just want to get high defpoints so they tend to send a bit too much to allie so they cant attack
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:00   #17
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also agree that if you make friends with your gal mates, it becomes easier to send def, and even have your ships die for them.
But fake nicking makes this very hard. as it will force you to have two open IRC clients, and tbh, you can't keep your eyes in both, nor pay full attention to both. i wish the whole fake nicking ideea would go away somehow. it would surely make the game more fun. and it would actually "help you meet new people, make new friends" as the PA advertisment says.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:05   #18
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Rather surprised to see this one from an alliance HC. Is it really your position that your members should send their defence fleets in-galaxy and not to Subh?

I have always been a believer of having the best of both worlds with ingal and ally def. Like in both cases you have to earn your keep. Why I think this way is...
You cant send Non eta def ships to ally (cutters and syrens to stop co on the basis of equal eta research, predicting a prelaunch and so on.)

Sometimes to def against the Co fleet from hell it is often a better option to send ingal cutters/syrens (0 loss def) rather than a mass of fi (which for xans is an attack fleet that could go roiding) which drains ally defense as it may envolve sending several fleets to cover which could be used elsewhere.

The bottom line is you trust your members to box clever and make the most of the options they have available to them.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:15   #19
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I usually end up giving my fake nick away in the first week of the round anyway, usually due to coming on IRC drunk. True story.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 14:10   #20
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
I usually end up giving my fake nick away in the first week of the round anyway, usually due to coming on IRC drunk. True story.
*ahem*

And dont forget giving away somones fake nick away in the gal channel whilst drunk aswell...

If PA had been Paramilitaries you would surely had your knee caps done in by now
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 15:52   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the word(heh) acquiescence comes to mind as a reply to this thread
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:06   #22
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

They would have found you eventually anyway Pais! <3

I dont see how acquiescence sprang to mind though jer. I consent to nothing!
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:17   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
They would have found you eventually anyway Pais! <3

I dont see how acquiescence sprang to mind though jer. I consent to nothing!
acquiescence is bwtmc's p-nick or a nick he uses or is otherwise somehow related to him.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:19   #24
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

He's talking about players that play in an annoying hyper fashion for a week or so and then give up the first time they get attacked.

He's talking about himself.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:23   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

No ****ing way did jerome last a week.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:38   #26
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
A week, thats pretty good
I managed to muck it up before even starting one round by being drunk when the shuffle happened, and joining the wrong client :/
Now I don't bother fakenicking - if you're stuck with me (barring exiling me) you know it.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 17:26   #27
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

I dislike people using fake nicks and secret def/relay channels.
They wont get their incs reported and wont recieve def :-) At least not by me, heh

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 18:13   #28
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

People who think only of themselves are by far the worst galm8s.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 18:23   #29
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
They wont get their incs reported and wont recieve def :-) At least not by me, heh
oh, this one just entered to my undesirable list :|

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 19:15   #30
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I would say that actually it was the minute they decided to try and improve galaxy quality by impossing Private galaxies that was the initial problem. It helped make this community more selfish and patient. Once alot of this community experianced what it was like to have a galaxy that was highly active in the way private galaxies allowed they became a bit greedy and when we went back to anything but fully private they became a little intolerant of anyone who didnt meet some fairly high standards.

The other issues that we now have when it comes with galaxies are mainly just byproducts of the 'professionalism' that private galaxies brought to the game and which now is the standard that every player is measured by
I dont think private gals in the past are the issue, people are selfish, intolerant of less actives, and inclined to exile because thats how you win and thats how people generally are.

That said I agree with your and Robbans overall point. Ive always preferred galaxies and clusters to alliances. I always wanted PA to use more geography to force people to adapt to new situations every round, work with new people, make new alliances etc. But PA abandoned that a long time ago and we are left with a game that begins and ends with pre-established alliances and cliques.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 20:37   #31
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

I agree with this, certainly with the cluster aspect anyway. A lot of fun came from trying to outplay the enemies you had in-cluster/para.
Forming a ramshackle group of people you didn't know into an efficient and dedicated alliance was an almost impossible task, but **** me when it worked it was beautiful.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 21:08   #32
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Just curious why that is the case?

Thing is I wouldnt use fake nicks but I always seem to piss off enough folk bad enough to the point where I have to.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 22:27   #33
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Just curious why that is the case?

Thing is I wouldnt use fake nicks but I always seem to piss off enough folk bad enough to the point where I have to.

As people do not tell their real nicks and ally they do not trust me.
They fake me with their real identity but want me to take care of their planet.

Thats no deal!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 22:52   #34
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As people do not tell their real nicks and ally they do not trust me.
They fake me with their real identity but want me to take care of their planet.

Thats no deal!
Why should they automatically trust you?

The deal is that you help them take care of thier planet and they help you take care of your planet.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 00:46   #35
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I want some active galaxy mates in good alliances. Unfortunately, the shuffle moved me to 1:1:1
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 10:09   #36
Rambo2k
Northen LoCo

Rambo2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Selfish players who only think of own score and gaine, prolly the worst player to get ingal..
but,, bring back old Priv gals whit 15/20 ppl in

Round 2 :: 25:XX [XXV]
Round 3 :: 13:19 [Fury],[Æternals]
Round 4 :: 280:23 [Fury],[WP],[Harbinger]
Round 5 :: 35:25 [Fury],[VtS],[LoCoS]
Round 6 :: 28:1 [Fury],[VtS],[DTA]
Round 7 :: 15:19 [Fury],[VtS],[Titans],[DTA]
Round 21 :: 9:8 [CT], [Harbinger]

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Eternals.
Rambo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 11:14   #37
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

"Your GC supplied the following explanation of his descision to exile you:
unpayed, will not grow"
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 13:05   #38
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Undesirable Galmates is when after 4 days someone enters your lonely gal channel and then changes there name to AFK and the you dont see him/her again for another week.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 13:41   #39
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I personaly probably would have preffered private galaxies to this BP system. But, i suppose that would (as we have discussed many many times) would be to unfair for many as you would have quite a few elite gals etc. But i still think the current system with BPs and randoms still isnt efficient. Its really all about the luck of the draw. Plus of course picking your BP members wisley.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:02   #40
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I personaly probably would have preffered private galaxies to this BP system. But, i suppose that would (as we have discussed many many times) would be to unfair for many as you would have quite a few elite gals etc. But i still think the current system with BPs and randoms still isnt efficient. Its really all about the luck of the draw. Plus of course picking your BP members wisley.
I am inclined to agree. Maybe a system of allowing private gals of say 7 members max, and then random gals of upto 10. So the private gals have a 3 man disadvantage, but you would think they would be good enough to handle that.

I don't know I'm not the best dev person around

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:03   #41
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I want some active galaxy mates in good alliances. Unfortunately, the shuffle moved me to 1:1:1
1:1 owns and you know it

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:08   #42
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I disagree, "elite" galaxies will only lead to even more elitism and to less new players being able to get a good start in the game.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 16:03   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I disagree, "elite" galaxies will only lead to even more elitism and to less new players being able to get a good start in the game.
I would hate to think what kind of fleet I could of had if I hadnt put it into the gal fund for exiling. just to get shot of them.

If the new guy is willing to put the effort into learning (A young horn in r14 for example) I will, if the planet is just idling, not answering to mails and not irc active and not making the effort.

I can see why some folk are interested in private gals.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:21   #44
murder

murder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to all

Well maybe there should be a Transition galaxy 100:X:X where new planets must sit during their protection period. The must reach a minimum Value before they can enter the Game.
(or some variation on that idea)

Or...The cost of exile can be increased or decreased by some value determined by how much time they log on. It could be exponential so the minimum would still be low but inactives would be cheaper.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:24   #45
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder
Well maybe there should be a Transition galaxy 100:X:X where new planets must sit during their protection period. The must reach a minimum Value before they can enter the Game.
(or some variation on that idea)
But how would you operate buddypacks?
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:49   #46
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Quote:
Looking at our scores in 1:1... I'd say you have no business posting about active galaxy mates since you're one of the slackers
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:50   #47
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm too busy adminning
If people would stop breaking the game..
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:50   #48
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
Looking at our scores in 1:1... I'd say you have no business posting about active galaxy mates since you're one of the slackers
haha owned :P

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:55   #49
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm too busy adminning
If people would stop breaking the game..
Again, looking at our gal.... you have no business posting on here about breaking the game since you're the one that usually breaks it
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:57   #50
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
Again, looking at our gal.... you have no business posting on here about breaking the game since you're the one that usually breaks it
o_O

Brave...