User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:06   #1
xipz0r

xipz0r is on a distinguished road
Question info needed

hmmm i dont really know if this is the right place to do this but well here we go

hi all i am an 20 year old dude from holland
i am new to this game and have never played it before
created my account yesterday and fixin a credit card to pay for it so i have the benefits
i use Mirc and i am very active ( at work, from home )

but now i have been looking on this forum for all the alliances there are but as a new player how do i know what is wise to try and apply to and join ??? i mean it all doesnt mean alot to me yet

all advise is welcome

greetings Dwayne "Xipz0r"
xipz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:08   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: info needed

I wouldn't accept anyone in my alliance still using nicks that ends with z0r.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:12   #3
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

no, give the guy a chance. pop in to #ss in irc and pm me if im busy, name's lurchleaf
lurchleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:14   #4
xipz0r

xipz0r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I wouldn't accept anyone in my alliance still using nicks that ends with z0r.

heheh sorry didnt knew you had anything against it but well in my 4 years of online gaming and arranging i have been using this nick never changed it and i guess i will never change it either
xipz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:22   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

ok dude it's ok then dude

gl
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:30   #6
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Basically you could try and read through most of the recruitment threads of the alliances that posted here and see if any of them suits you and visit their IRC channel if they have one (i would recommend alliances with IRC channel only) and talk to one of their officer to get more specific info.

Sadly not all alliances post up on recruitment boards and again a lot are 'invite-only' - so if you know nobody yet it will be about to be impossible to get into these. You shouldnt forget that the alliances try to sell them here
So obviously written words mean not that they convert their words into actions during the round!

Maybe you should wait until after the galaxy shuffle when you know who you play with - you will end up with hopefully more experienced players who have an alliance or can you tell more inside information about other alliances

For your start up in PA i would suggest you quality medium sized alliances such as Tides of Fire (#ToF) or Vengeance (#VgN) . i consider both as *newbie friendly* alliances but they are still demanding activity and quality from their members, too.

Another place you might want to check out that a lot of beginners try is F-Crew (#F-crew) which are now for the large amounts of new players and for the energy and work they put into it to get them started ´
All 3 of them have lasted for several rounds and are proven to be a solid base for your planet.

(i dont want to advertise for certain alliances but this is just what came to my mind )

Dont panic, there will be spaces free in alliances even after tickstart

good luck

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:48   #7
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I disagree about the "newbie" thing jupp said, specially about VGN, ive been there in past and i can assure you they have nothing "newbie" and have one of the best command chain and techie structure i have seen on PA lately, better than some top 5 allies you would see on last 3 rounds. I think the only thing who keep them from always end on top 3 is they give chance to new and bellow average PA players, if they had the members of some alliances i have seen around they surely would do a far better work with then than their HCs ( btw tho i am talking about what you said im not talking about reunion jupp ). I think being on vgn is great experience seacilly if you want to get motivated to play in one alliance here.

About F-Crew, they seems to be goin to a new level of gaming, aiming a highr spot among offensive/competitive gaming, and i think due to their performance on last round they could be a nice start to be with, specially if you want to try your offensive skills on this competitive enviroment

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 11:10   #8
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipz0r
i use Mirc and i am very active ( at work, from home )
I think jupp's comment is reasonable, with that addition to the post here, as an Alliance HC i'd probably be willing to chat to the guy and try to get an understanding of how much he's going to play. There's plenty of alliances that would take a new player if they were fairly certain that they'd be proactive.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 11:18   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
I disagree about the "newbie" thing jupp said, specially about VGN, ive been there in past and i can assure you they have nothing "newbie" and have one of the best command chain and techie structure i have seen on PA lately, better than some top 5 allies you would see on last 3 rounds. I think the only thing who keep them from always end on top 3 is they give chance to new and bellow average PA players ...
yes that is exactly what i wanted to say - maybe it came out wrong : /

imo i never said that they are a newbie alliance. i tried to say that they take in new players without invite/vouches stuff.

and yes - f-crew seems to develop in a very interesting way at the moment. looking forward for r15

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:26   #10
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

pop by #insomnia for a chat tonight m8

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:48   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
ok dude it's ok then dude

gl
you sure.. dude?
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 22:08   #12
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

i agree with the other posts here, F-Crew and VGN would both be good places to try as they can offer both the tools and attitudes to help new players and a good level of competitive play. Orbit might be another ally to try aswell, current chan is #orbiters.

Gl for the round m8 and welcome to PA
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 23:25   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I followed what jupp said \o/

If you're going to be active and genuinely want to learn the game, then somewhere like VGN, Tides of Fire or Insomnia would be a good choice. They've proven themselves to have quality, organisation and stamina throughout several rounds and are more likely to take in new players without contacts than the top tier alliances eXilition, Angels or 1up... as long as you contribute enough, you should then keep your place as well.

This means you get a good experience of the game in a decent alliance, and should have a great time!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 01:25   #14
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i say f-crew or vgn, as the other guys said. They are expeirienced in training up noobs. They appear to do a good job.
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 01:50   #15
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
pop by #insomnia for a chat tonight m8
poor over-looked insomnia, imo this would be a great starting point for new people.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote