User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Sep 2005, 11:37   #1
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
Mourning our Fallen - IPC

I hope noone else takes offense of me forwarding on this, but i know there will be others out there who may wish to know.

(Copied from link below, originally written by Keystroke)
A very long time ago, back in round 1 of Planetarion, I got to know Thomas, or Kal-Phobia as most of you knew him from our IPC IRC channel. We used to speak daily on IRC back then, and until well end of Planetarion for my part and he migrated away from IPC IRC as well. But we keept in touch through MSN quite often.

Today I got messaged by one of his best real life friends (some of you might know him as Silenoz), that Thomas is dead. I got shocked to be honest, eventhough I havent meet him in real world, he was a very much friend of mine that will be dearly missed.

Im no religious man, but I hope he is in a better place now than the one he decided to depart from....

http://www.ipc-alliance.co.uk/forums...ead.php?t=1292

All who knew him will be sad that he is gone. I myself knew him as a good person, and though i never got to know him that well, i regarded him as a friend.

This is not a joke, or a hoax.

All who knew him will miss him greatly.

Never forgotten in life, forever remembered in death.
To our fallen comrade, may he rest in peace.

Brimstone
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 11:39   #2
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road
Re: Mourning our Fallen - IPC

Can I just say that im greatly shocked by this news. :/

I only spoke to him a few times but he was always friendly.

Only the good die young eh.

I hope whereever you are now you have found peace.
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 11:42   #3
GoLdEnEyE

GoLdEnEyE has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was shocked to tears at the news.......... I havent spoken to him for quite a while.........

I can only say the times in IPC were great, I guess I can only imagine what things had happen to make him take this course of action.

My love and respects to Kal-Phobia, I really do hope hes at peace now

'It is often better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt'
GoLdEnEyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 14:04   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I remember Kal-phobia lurking around IPC chatrooms... I was shocked and saddened to hear about this yesterday, even though I didn't know him very well.
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 14:19   #5
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I remember Kal-phobia well from my IPC days. I cannot say I have spoken to him in a long time, however I am sure of one thing - he will be missed.

MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 18:21   #6
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I was greatly saddened to hear of Kal-Phobia's death.

I got to know him really quite well back in my old IPC days, we would often chat and joke with each other.
He was one of the quintessential IPC HCs, and while I'd not spoken to him for over a year, it didn't make the news any easier to take.

He was a good friend, and will be missed by all who knew him

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 18:47   #7
Konsul
Monkey in a Wheel

Konsul is an unknown quantity at this point

Im very sorry to hear this, Kal-Phobia seemed like a good friend to know in RL.....

Also available on IRC, #planetarion or #ipc-alliance
Konsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 18:52   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Respect, very nice guy, had some good times with him back in the day, while I've not spoken to him in a very long time the news actually made me quite sad while looking over some old IRC logs with him

Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 20:58   #9
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

omg. shit.

He was my first GC in r3. Damn
He was a real nice guy...

I really hope he's in a better place.

Lock

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 21:03   #10
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Such a shame, does anyone know what happened to him?
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 23:14   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
Such a shame, does anyone know what happened to him?
He committed suicide apparently.
I knew he suffered quite badly from depression at times and had problems with family and such, but I never really thought it would drive him to such lengths...
It seems such a waste

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 23:21   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Sorry to hear this
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 10:25   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:34   #14
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Best wishes for a better after life

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 22:10   #15
MissyR

MissyR is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I had been around to have read & posted earlier to this thread but Ive not played PA for last 10 rounds (came back R20)

I was an IPC member & knew Kal-Phobia on MIRC, we spoke alot in pm, so was shocked to find out this week that he had died so young
I had just thought he had quit PA or changed nick like a lot of IPC :/

Anyway, I know its like 2yrs too late to say much now, but just wanted to say something.
MissyR is offline   Reply With Quote