User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Aug 2005, 14:21   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Google Talk

http://www.google.com/talk/

Incredibly elegant in design, and incredibly shitty in simplicity. It's a paradox. Much like Google in general: I need Google to be all I can be but I don't want to trust Google with my entire online life. It's a nice fit. Now I have 5 of these ****ing IM clients (including Hello - which is also Google).
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 14:54   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Google Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
You can chat, email or call anyone from the same location.

I like this, except that it forces someone to use an @gmail.com address, which is not ok.
Well, it's only another free email account you don't have to use.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 22:59   #3
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Google Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
but you see, with MSN Messenger you can register a non-hotmail email account and use MSN.

I like that!
yeah, this is definelly cool.

I didnt like talk's interface and layout tho. cba to donload to see since there is no one i know to add and see how it works

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 01:08   #4
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Not another! i only use msn or yahoo because my less computer literate friends do and i like to keep up!

Arg, background applications- oh for a nice X2 to help me out....
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 03:46   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You know, the voice call audio is pretty superb.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 04:59   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Trillian for the win \o/

In other news.. Google buys out Microsoft
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 19:46   #7
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

GoogleOS would be pretty interesting. They've proved themselves as excellent engineers, and as they're more inclined towards Linux, they may make Linux a bit less shitty. But that's not going to happen. Westside.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 19:56   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
GoogleOS would be pretty interesting. They've proved themselves as excellent engineers, and as they're more inclined towards Linux, they may make Linux a bit less shitty. But that's not going to happen. Westside.
Google is going to make the OS obsolete according to this znet blogger article:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/index.php?p=1781
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 03:28   #9
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Google Talk

Miranda IM.

With plugins and customizations, it can do lots of stuff:
  • Accounts for ICQ, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo-Something, Skype, Google-Thingy (or not long until a plugin will be up), battle.net (nice, messages get relayed into games like StarCraft etc).
  • Less RAM usage and better performance than some of the clients (ICQ for example).
  • Set up accounts for websites (monitor changes), news-sites (RSS feeds), ping computers (online / offline warnings), weather (with nice icons), eMail-checker...
  • Gimmicks: Better log files, see when people read your away/status-messages. Dynamically configured status-messages with winamp-song or the readers nickname.

Drawbacks:
  • Not that easy to install and configure all plugins. Too many (untested or beta-) plugins tend to crash too often. Need to work out that stuff...
  • Not standard-conform: Some people expect or imagine their messages to look exactly the same as they send them (font, color, size, smiley-icons). This is not always the case. Also newer features (MSN webcam chat) are implemented differently or not complete..

Screenie (very old, faked together to show all features, not that great anyway)...

Edit: Also AIM and IRC are supported... Interesting, to have a messenger-like interface for IRC...
All the graphics are customizable, but you have to spend some time to choose what you want.
Google-Talk is using the open-source-protocol "Jabber"

Last edited by JetLinus; 27 Aug 2005 at 03:45.
JetLinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 03:49   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
battle.net (nice, messages get relayed into games like StarCraft etc).
Are people still playing star craft? I may buy it again!
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 03:50   #11
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Google Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Are people still playing star craft? I may buy it again!
I am, sometimes. But only with friends I know.
Battle.net is full of people and games. Even the original one (without the add-on Brood War) is often played. Always games open (classic "low minerals" as well as "mucho money")...
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 03:53   #12
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Google Talk

(taken from FluxionTech)

H
ere are some Tweaks for Google Talk:

Some quick and Easy was to make your text more vibrant!To make you test Strong & Bold place * (asterisks) around text desired to be bold.Example: *Im Bold* Im NotTo make you text Slanted and Thin place _ around text desired to be italic.Example: _Im italic_ Im notChange the text size in the chat window Thanks to Nathan Lanier:While your mouse is over the chat field hold down Ctrl and use the scroll button on your mouse. The text will get bigger and smaller.
Screenshot1:
Screenshot2:

GT seems to be using modifiers from Textism Check it out.Techniques are still being discovered.

Parameters:

/nomutex - Allows mutiple Sessions
/forcestart
/autostart - Start at Windows Startup
/register
/checkupdate - Check for newer versions
/nogaiaauth
/plaintextauth
/factoryreset - Sets all your settings back to default
/gaiaserver /mailto
/create_sesion
/S upgrade

!You Decide if these 2 work or not for GT:

/prefetch=1 - Allegedly Loads GT Faster
/superprefetch - Allegedly Loads GT Much Faster
Prefetch Myth To use application parameters create a shortcup to the application, then open up the shortcuts properties and edit the “Target” field to look like“C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex Quotes Included! ^ This will allow mutilpe instances of the application simultaneously.
Save Shortcut and your done. Multiple params can be used as well example: …\googletalk.exe” /nomutex /checkupdate

Button Codes:
These are the codes in googletalk.exe that edit what the buttons do when pressed.

To edit this you need: ResHacker, ResEdit, or eXeScope
In this example we will use ResHacker

I have gone through 40000 - 40100

40001 - Sign In Dlg 40002 - Sign Out
40003 - Settings/General
40004 - Minimize
40011 - Add Friend
40020 - Help (http://www.google.com/support/talk)
40023 - About
40026 - Brings Cursor and Focus to Search Box
40027 - Exit
40028 - Add Friend

40065 - Connection Monitor
40080 - Disable all Notifications
40087 - Check for Updates Now
40088 - Inbox
40089 - Check Mail Now
65535 - Tray Menu

I added three buttons to my tray menu. A Settings button, a force logout button, and a force login btn.

1. Open googletalk.exe in ResHacker
2. Go to Menu -> 110 -> Click on 1033

- 1033 will open up as a text.
3. To add these buttons find the lines:

MENUITEM “Sign Out”, 40002, MFT_STRING, MFS_GRAYED<br />
MENUITEM “”, 0, MFT_SEPARATOR, MFS_ENABLED<br />
MENUITEM “About…”, 40023, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
And Replace with:

MENUITEM “Sign Out”, 40002, MFT_STRING, MFS_GRAYED</p>
<p> MENUITEM “Force Sign In”, 40001, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED<br />
MENUITEM “Force Sign Out”, 40002, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED<br />
MENUITEM “”, 0, MFT_SEPARATOR, MFS_ENABLED<br />
MENUITEM “Settings”, 40003, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED<br />
MENUITEM “About…”, 40023, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED

4. Click Compile Script

5. Make Sure! that no instances of googletalk.exe are running
6. Click File -> Save
7. Your Done! Now Open up Google Talk and look at your changes.

Now your tray meu will have new functioning buttons and look like this:

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote