User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:23   #1
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Political Situation

In the interests of openness and to remove unnecessary speculation about 1up's current political situation I reproduce below a post made on 1up forums by myself. It would undoubtedly leak anyway - so I'd rather make sure that what became public was the full, unabridged version of my post than some bastardised version or chinese-whispered summary of it.

I would also request that 1up members DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD. If other alliances wish to comment, let them do so without spamming it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below here is exact copy of post made on 1up forums (complete with spelling mistakes etc)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Political Situation
-------------------

By now I'm sure most of you have noticed that lately we've received more than our fair share of incs. Many of you probably already know what's happening - and no doubt those of you that don't would like to.

Firstly, we should take it a compliment that alliances feel the need to gang up vs us this early in the round. We always expected it from LCH - blocking is their way of life and they're realistic enough to know they lack the quality to compete at the top solo. If they'd just stuck to working with Hydra that would make life interesting, but are now also working with Insomnia. That makes 3 top 10 alliances - with a combined score/roids of more than double ours - all working together to attack 1up.

And that's still not a big enough block for them - we know for sure they've been inviting other alliances in (though as yet we have no firm evidence that any others have accepted).

They will claim it's not a block. Hydra HC, when asking other alliances in have referred to it as a "faction". But if they're coordinating atatcks (they are) and they're not hitting one another's planets (which is the case) then they can call it what they want - but it's a block by any reasonable definition. A block that already contains around 20-25% of all paid planets in the game and which is trying to grow even bigger. Not only does this block threaten 1up, it also harms all the alliances not in it - as they get proportionally more incs than the blockers do due the blockers having incs from 2 less alliances than everyone else.

Until this point 1up has had no NAPs and no cooperation on attacks with other alliances. You will all have noticed that in your AG raids, all planets (other than 1up members) have been valid targets. This may change now. Whereas 1up would have preferred to stay solo - even given some small degree of blocking by other alliances - given the size of this block we now have to consider all available options. Accordingly, your AGs may find that at some point in the future certain non-1up targets will be excluded from attack.

In-Galaxy Defence
----------------------

When your galaxy is attacked and the 1up members are not atatcked you MUST check with HC before sending ingalaxy defence. You must also ALWAYS check before defending a member of an alliance defined as hostile to 1up (that is, an alliance that is intentionally focussing its attacks towards us). If 1up doesn't need defence, and the attackers on them are not associated with us then defence may be allowed.

Planetary NAPs
------------------

When we attack hostile planets in 1up galaxies we generally need to attack most/all non-1up members there to minimise in-galaxy defence. This is wasteful for us (it uses up attack fleets we would far rather were sent at genuine hostiles). It is also unfortunate for those galaxy members who are in smaller alliances that may struggle with defence and who have no wish to embroiled in our battles.

Accordingly, 1up is happy to grant planetary protection to these galaxy members IF THEY WANT IT. The terms of such protection are very simple: they agree not to attack 1up members or to defend hostiles ingalaxy vs 1up. In return they will NEVER get atatcked by 1up. They may also defend members of non-hostile alliances ingalaxy vs 1up without risk of being counter-attacked by us. Most galaxy members obviously won't want to accept these terms - in which case respect them for it and don't try to force them to agree.

For the moment, they will need to check whether a target is 1up with a 1up in their galaxy before attacking. We will try to work out a better system later. If any of your galaxy want this protection then you need to inform a HC so it can be noted in our tools.

Although this planetary protection is intended for members of smaller/neutral alliances, we will extend it to ALL member of your galaxy - even those whose alliances are hostile. If enemy HC aren't able to stop their members from fence-sitting then it's hardly our job to do so

In Closing
------------

Feel flattered that the opposition admit our superiority by blocking this early in the round when we've stayed totally solo. Keep your activity up and we can pull through this - and hopefully demonstrate, as we have before, that ultimately quantity is not a substitute for quality.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:32   #2
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Political Situation

I can only think of one word, but i cant spell it so I wont even try to post it.

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:46   #3
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's normal for the other alliances who want a shot at #1 to gang on 1up temporarily to avoid them taking a big advantage so early in the round.
However, I would be quite disappointed if they insist on keeping the "block" for longer than it takes to level the odds again.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:49   #4
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
We always expected it from LCH - blocking is their way of life and they're realistic enough to know they lack the quality to compete at the top solo. If they'd just stuck to working with Hydra that would make life interesting, but are now also working with Insomnia. That makes 3 top 10 alliances - with a combined score/roids of more than double ours - all working together to attack 1up.

And that's still not a big enough block for them - we know for sure they've been inviting other alliances in (though as yet we have no firm evidence that any others have accepted).

I could have sworn, last round, 1up was blocked with up to 6 of the top 10 alliances at various points of the round. So i think the statement above is a little hypocritical.

The round before that they came into the round blocked already

The thread seems like a nice peice of propaganda and I hope the blocked alliances dont fall for 1ups poor me act and keep the pressure on. I also hope that if the "block" does in fact keep the pressure up, that 1up is able to find a stable ally to help balance everything out a little.

But are there any quality alliances left that could help 1up in this matter? If there are, then I ask myself why, 1up did not come into the round with them.

All this comes down to is the fact that 1up is a superior alliance who may have burned alot of bridges amongst past allys. Not due to mis treatment, but due to agendas. If the rest of the uni needs to block to bring 1up back to the rest of the unis playing field, then so be it.

Last edited by Fyodor; 2 Aug 2005 at 22:54.
Fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:50   #5
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I think it's normal for the other alliances who want a shot at #1 to gang on 1up temporarily to avoid them taking a big advantage so early in the round.
However, I would be quite disappointed if they insist on keeping the "block" for longer than it takes to level the odds again.

agreed
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:53   #6
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Ally vs. Gal politics sux

Nice joke tho

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:56   #7
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Considering 1up still managed to gain asteroids this past day it cannot be much of a block.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:01   #8
[hydra]rain

[hydra]rain is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I could have sworn, last round, 1up was blocked with up to 6 of the top 10 alliances at various points of the round. So i think the statement above is a little hypocritical.

The round before that they came into the round blocked already

The thread seems like a nice peice of propaganda and I hope the blocked alliances dont fall for 1ups poor me act and keep the pressure on. I also hope that if the "block" does in fact keep the pressure up, that 1up is able to find a stable ally to help balance everything out a little.

But are there any quality alliances left that could help 1up in this matter? If there are, then I ask myself why, 1up did not come into the round with them.

All this comes down to is the fact that 1up is a superior alliance who may have burned alot of bridges amongst past allys. Not due to mis treatment, but due to agendas. If the rest of the uni needs to block to bring 1up back to the rest of the unis playing field, then so be it.
I'll just add that winning ally will be decided on 2nd half of the round
kinda soon to have a winner, don't you think?
[hydra]rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:03   #9
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Indeed, it's entirely understandable - I've never suggested otherwise. The real issues (for me at least) are those of scale and duration.

How big a block is needed to counter one alliance that is slightly ahead in the rankings? Is 2.5 times the members, double the score and double the roids really needed? And does the block still need to be trying to add more members?

Duration is always the problem. One thing that's very clear from PA history is that it's FAR easier to make a block than to break one. Here's what the natural progression of a block seems to be:

1. It starts with HC saying something along the lines of "Aliiance X are bigger/better than us or are hostile to both of us so why don't we share targetting information".
2. It then progresses to the "it's silly us atatcking one another when we have the same enemies" so let's not attack one another's planets.
3. This then necessitates an exchange of coordinates - immediately adding one impediment to the block splitting, as if a block splits then suddenly whole members coords are in non-allied hands.

In a few simple steps, basic attack coordination turns into a fully fledged block.
The main problems with a block splitting are as follows:

1. What is the criteria for splitting? Knock the enemy down below the biggest alliance in block? Knock it below the smallest alliance in block?
2. Whereas a block may be formed for one objective (which is typically more beneficial to some in the block than to others) the temptation is always there to deal with other enemies before splitting.
3. Smaller members of a block have little incentive to split it - it's hardly in their interests to help a partner to the top then get dumped and roided into the ground by their ex-ally as reward.

Blocking isn't of itself a bad thing - it can level the playing field. In practice blocks DON'T try to level the playing field: they try to change a slight imbalance one way into aa huge one in the opposite direction.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:05   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Insomnia is in no block. We did however have the guts to attack 1up to prevent the winner to be determined after 12 days into the round. I'm glad others did the same.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:08   #11
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
It may be hard for you to udnerstand why we entered the round with no allies - but you need to recognise that just because YOU can't understand why an alliance would prefer to be solo, doesn't mean that it can't be the case.

We started the round solo because that's what we wanted to do. It wasn't for lack of offers of allies - I can think of 6 alliances that had asked for or offered to ally with 1up pre-round.

I'll repeat it again - as it's clearly an alien concept to you and needs some reinforcement. 1up doesn't believe that being in a block is better than being solo - so despite many offers we went solo. It can't be THAT hard to understand, surely?
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:10   #12
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Insomnia is in no block. We did however have the guts to attack 1up to prevent the winner to be determined after 12 days into the round. I'm glad others did the same.

-Jonas-
You coordinated attacks with other alliances - and also agreed not to attack members of those alliances. Correct?

What else do YOU think is needed for something to be a block?
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:22   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Sadly it is unlikely that they will disband, or that one alliance will 'do a Phraktos'.

Quote:
In response to the blocking of eXilition/LCH/ToT. I'm far from being a 1up propaganda monkey but even I have to correct things like this.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:32   #14
[hydra]rain

[hydra]rain is infamous around these parts

peon #1
5 more to go^^
[hydra]rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:32   #15
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Political Situation
-------------------

Firstly, we should take it a compliment that alliances feel the need to gang up vs us this early in the round. We always expected it from LCH - blocking is their way of life and they're realistic enough to know they lack the quality to compete at the top solo. If they'd just stuck to working with Hydra that would make life interesting, but are now also working with Insomnia. That makes 3 top 10 alliances - with a combined score/roids of more than double ours - all working together to attack 1up.
Well, i normally dont react much on AD, but this really surprised me. Usually you at least have SOMETHING right when you babble, but this even surpasses Zhil, and thats quite a feat

1 Firstly, we should take it a compliment that alliances feel the need to gang up vs us this early in the round.

My comment: Last round you formed a 5 alliance block before ticks.

2 We always expected it from LCH - blocking is their way of life and they're realistic enough to know they lack the quality to compete at the top solo.

My comment: It's not our way of life, it's our way of reacting to your blocking actions last round, the round before that, AND the round before that. We allied or napped with Exil last round, and before that 2 rounds with VSN. Is that a block? In your first 1up round you stated that anything bigger then 2 was a block i think i remember.

You personally, as co-leader of Fury, have been blocking, napping, allying and sliming our ass off constantly. Just because its called 1Up now doenst delete your history.

About the solo/quality thing, i don't care what you think :-)

3. If they'd just stuck to working with Hydra that would make life interesting,

I know Hydra-Rain from the forums, not anyone else from Hydra (at least not to my knowledge). We have not been approached and have not approached hydra.

4. .... but are now also working with Insomnia

A person i knew from ely now in insomnia asked me to have LCH attack a 1up planet after him, as a personal favor. That was today. You are referring to that? For the rest, i dont think they have been approaching us or vice versa.

5.That makes 3 top 10 alliances - with a combined score/roids of more than double ours - all working together to attack 1up.

So, thats just your false point of view. Last rounds we had a lot of incs too, we didnt whine.

Sid, you are well known for twisting the truth to your own liking and to reach goals that benefit you and 1Up. (Its called propaganda) You even made a remark that LCH will deny any of this. By making that remark you try to discredit any answer we give. Well, i don't give a rats ass (Sorry TheRat :P)

Why you wud post this on AD can have several reasons:

- You try to discredit us by point the blocking finger at us, how ehvul we are
- You try to make yourself look like the victim, and again we are ehvul
- You miss all the attention and thought of some random sentences
- You try to disctract attention from your own blocking machinations by accusing us of it.
- You try to get the blood of your members cooking in fury against the ehvul blockers

There are other reason why you get attacked by more then one alliance:

- 1Up arrogant behaviour in the past has drawn too much hostile attention for the coming 10 rounds.
- Some alliances simply target the highest ranked alliance
- 1Up s coord list has leaked and alliances use that to the fullest (not that im aware of such a list tho)

Finally, why did i even care to react? Because you discredit LCH too much. Personally, i dont think you are worth noticing, but i can imagine some of my members being truely offended/hurt/pissed.

btw, i didnt bother to read the rest of your post, this part i reacted on was enough rubbish for one round
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:34   #16
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [hydra]rain
I'll just add that winning ally will be decided on 2nd half of the round
kinda soon to have a winner, don't you think?

Ive seen rounds where alliances have run away with the win and the rest of the uni questions why something wasnt done earlier.

Quote:
It may be hard for you to udnerstand why we entered the round with no allies - but you need to recognise that just because YOU can't understand why an alliance would prefer to be solo, doesn't mean that it can't be the case.

We started the round solo because that's what we wanted to do. It wasn't for lack of offers of allies - I can think of 6 alliances that had asked for or offered to ally with 1up pre-round.

I'll repeat it again - as it's clearly an alien concept to you and needs some reinforcement. 1up doesn't believe that being in a block is better than being solo - so despite many offers we went solo. It can't be THAT hard to understand, surely?
Its not hard for me to understand, why you entered the round with no allies. There could be a quite a few reasons. Personally I dont care why you did or didnt. Im putting forth a scenario for discussion. Just because you cannot understand this and take is as an attack against you doesnt make it true.

One thing ive deduced from your quoted post is that you are quite arrogant. Believe or not I can read and understand things quite readily. From our pm discussion last round I thought you a clown. All youve done here is reenforced the notion.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:36   #17
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Why making this sort of a post……..the ones you are aiming at aren’t that stupid that they fall for this attempt of political drivel?

Your alli are nr:1 and more then one obviously want that to stop……easy, gain up and put them down .Do you really think that this post will make them reconsider?

You might have been pulling this stunt before but the ones in charge today isn’t falling for that any more!

We, the rest also know that you got several other alliances “up your sleeve” that will join your side and help you out… so stop this drivel and bare the times which obviously coming.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:39   #18
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me be the one to say it: Here roles the 1up-crap-banana-shaking-propagandalized-biatching-on-the-ads-train, again.. Btw, your a funny guy Sid :P

Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:39   #19
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
In response to the blocking of eXilition/LCH/ToT. I'm far from being a 1up propaganda monkey but even I have to correct things like this.

So what you are telling me is that 1up did not come into the round already blocked? I really dont think that is the truth.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:58   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you post this Sid?

As much as you weren't blocked at the start of this round, I can't see a good reason for you to post this. But then again i've been stupid for years, so enlighten me.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:59   #21
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Btw as a side note; all the big egos in 1up who aren’t allowed to answer in this thread must be pulling their hairpieces off reading this ….
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:02   #22
Narcissius

Narcissius is on a distinguished road

In-Galaxy Defence
----------------------

When your galaxy is attacked and the 1up members are not atatcked you MUST check with HC before sending ingalaxy defence. You must also ALWAYS check before defending a member of an alliance defined as hostile to 1up (that is, an alliance that is intentionally focussing its attacks towards us). If 1up doesn't need defence, and the attackers on them are not associated with us then defence may be allowed.

-------
So 1ups are not allowed to have a good relationship with their own gal?
Narcissius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:06   #23
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So what you are telling me is that 1up did not come into the round already blocked? I really dont think that is the truth.
It's probably for the best if I leave this to a 1up HC to answer. Then I'll see if I agree.

By the way, are we clear that a block = 3+ alliances?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:09   #24
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at the moment 1up has a lead of 100K avg score over the second best alliance, and bit more than 6k in total roids. Hitting them is well justified.
Agree, the problem is when to break the cooperation, I'd say a cooperation of 3 alliances should not last more than 3 days, i think 3 days is enough to reduce the roids advantage, or to even turn it in favor of another alliance.
But then again, i am not an HC :P
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:12   #25
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Well, at the moment 1up has a lead of 100K avg score over the second best alliance, and bit more than 6k in total roids. Hitting them is well justified.
Agree, the problem is when to break the cooperation, I'd say a cooperation of 3 alliances should not last more than 3 days, i think 3 days is enough to reduce the roids advantage, or to even turn it in favor of another alliance.
But then again, i am not an HC :P

Once again i agree 100% with your post. But as sid questioned, how does one realistically break up the block once it is initiated?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:13   #26
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissius
I am reasonably sure that this has been common practice for the top 5 alliances since last round. VGN prefers to build strong galaxy relationships, but everyone to their own
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:18   #27
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Based on the experience with the 1up in my gal definitely not :P

Quote:
That makes 3 top 10 alliances - with a combined score/roids of more than double ours - all working together to attack 1up.
That sounds pretty much like Waaaah - that big mean man has stolen my lolly

Quote:
Until this point 1up has had no NAPs and no cooperation on attacks with other alliances.
You caused a little chuckle with that one
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:23   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I fail to see the meaning of this post. My only guess is that Sid is giving a premature warning for them to block with alliances if the alliances hitting 1up dont stop hitting 1up. However, I think that theese political gestures are merly a ploy for the gallery to justifiy their own allready agreed upon allies.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:26   #29
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
In-Galaxy Defence
----------------------

-------
1ups are encouraged to have a good relationship with their galaxies. But that doesn't extend to being allowed to defend vs their own alliance - or to defend alliances who have CHOSEN to be at war with 1up. The only alliances we ever define as hostile are ones who made the decision that they wanted to be at war with 1up. We didn't start a war - but if an alliance (or a block of alliances) want a war then obviously we're going to give them a war. Expecting us to defend members of alliances that are attacking us - while their alliance mates get through on 1ups because that def fleet was sent to them not a 1up members - is just a ludicrous concept.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:28   #30
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
It's 100% the truth. We were offered naps/alliances and declined them all.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:29   #31
furball

Quote:
Once again i agree 100% with your post. But as sid questioned, how does one realistically break up the block once it is initiated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Sadly it is unlikely that they will disband, or that one alliance will 'do a Phraktos'.
The flood of IRC pms that I received after my first post means that I'd just like to clear up things.

VGN is not casting its lot in with 1up, and has no intention of doing so. We worked with 1up/SiNND/WP/HR/others in Round 13 only in a futile effort to hold back eXilition. All policies have been reset, and we have made it clear that we are solo. We will only cease to be solo if truly necessary, and that will be when we decide, not when others do. That time has not yet come.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:48   #32
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
--snip--
Lots of waffle plus a denial that LCH are working with Insomnia/Hydra
--snip--
Why deny it - when the HC of various alliances have been approached by HC of those in your block and asked to cooperate in attacks/nap with you all. I'll be generous and assume you're just totally out of the loop rather than a bare-faced liar.

Is it REALLY that hard to be honest and say something like "1up were leading so we felt we needed some help to bring them down a bit. At the moment there's only 3 alliances in our group but hopefully if we can get a couple more on our side we'll have what we think is a level playing field. We reckon if if we can get 50% of the paid planets on our team and nap another 25% we stand a fair chance of getting #1."
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:12   #33
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Why deny it - when the HC of various alliances have been approached by HC of those in your block and asked to cooperate in attacks/nap with you all. I'll be generous and assume you're just totally out of the loop rather than a bare-faced liar.

Is it REALLY that hard to be honest and say something like "1up were leading so we felt we needed some help to bring them down a bit. At the moment there's only 3 alliances in our group but hopefully if we can get a couple more on our side we'll have what we think is a level playing field. We reckon if if we can get 50% of the paid planets on our team and nap another 25% we stand a fair chance of getting #1."
Oh look someones claimed something, it must be true! So I guess these claims that your a massive cheat whom has multi planets in most alliances and that the execs all know full well about the cheating is also true then. After all someones currently claiming that so it must be true if we apply your logic

Just because some people tell you that they were approached about this hardly makes it gospel. Yes LCH's hc could be telling lies and in fact this is happening but unless you have some further proof I dont see how you can suddenly declare that LCH's denials are lies. It could be these alliances saying they were contacted playing you, it could be someone trying to cause trouble for someone else and impersonating people ect ect and if all you have to go on is someones word your hardly in the position to convict LCH of said acts.

As kargool said all you seem to be doing (something you have done in the past) is trying to justify you blocking in responce to some alliances trying to challenge you, a block thats no doubt been in the works for a long time just waiting for the momet to put positive spin on the sitiauation
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:14   #34
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

So what if LCH decides to gang up with Hydra & Insomnia to attack 1up, they'd be stupid if they didn't do something to take them down a bit caus atm 1up is running away with it.
If they feel like they need to stop 1up before it's too late, it's their choice...
Otherwise we'll have flameposts all over AD when it's halfway through the round and everybody realises it's too late to take down the big 1up.

I'm interested to see how 1up will perform when they come under attack by LCH Hydra & Insomnia at the same time

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:29   #35
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Why aren't you being more spesific if you are so determined that you are correct in your assumptions? Who got approached etc .. This is just you against him, an argument which can continue perpetually.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 06:18   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You coordinated attacks with other alliances - and also agreed not to attack members of those alliances. Correct?

What else do YOU think is needed for something to be a block?
I guess as everyone was hitting 1up as you say, there was no ships to hit eachother

A block is 2 or more alliances of decent size going together to ensure the win for one, or all of the involved alliances.

2 or more alliances with the aims of becoming #1 attacking current #1 to make sure they dont outgrow the rest is not a block. Its a short-term cooperation.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 06:53   #37
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Im not sure what is going on fully atm apart from 1up are obviously being targetted due to there recent large growth. But in the end of the day, this is exactly what 1up and a few other alliances last round were doing to EXilition, and it has been happening like this for quite awhile now. 1up have blocked R11, R12 and R13 in some sort of way to take down or in R13 try to take down the largest alliance at a certain point in the game. This round is different as 1up have been #1 from the start.

Although im not saying other alliances aren't guilty of blocking, we all know it happens, usually it gets out of hand aswell. But this thread seems pretty pointless, it just makes you (Sid) sound like a Hypocrit which im sure was not your intention!!

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:05   #38
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Why aren't you being more spesific if you are so determined that you are correct in your assumptions? Who got approached etc .. This is just you against him, an argument which can continue perpetually.
From a privacy perspective, I can fully understand Sid not wanted to release te name of the alliance that was approached. If a block (or 'faction') approached multiple alliances including my own, then I proceeded to leak this information to their enemy/target, I would be unhappy and unwilling to help that alliance out in future.

In this case though, I believe Sid that 1up have received plenty of incomings due to ND members in 1up gals receiving decent sized incs whilst the 1up get hit, and the ND in LCH gals getting roided (you heartless bastards, 1up. Those were my roids. ) too.

And; ND has not been approached by 1up to help them out, or by Hydra/LCH/Insomnia for the purpose of joining this 'faction' and attacking 1up; nor have we approached them.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:19   #39
furball

It's ridiculous to expect Sid to start telling us who has told him about their alliance being approached. It'd wreck 1up relations with that alliance, probably send them straight over to the opposing side. He's not dumb (as we all know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
2 or more alliances with the aims of becoming #1 attacking current #1 to make sure they dont outgrow the rest is not a block. Its a short-term cooperation.
Unfortunatly short-term co-operations usually turn into long-term co-operations. AKA blocks.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:29   #40
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And; ND has not been approached by 1up to help them out, or by Hydra/LCH/Insomnia for the purpose of joining this 'faction' and attacking 1up; nor have we approached them.
Has ND been asked for a NAP by LCH/Hydra/Insomnia?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:31   #41
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

For all the bleating and moaning and gnashing of teeth about 1up and our pre round political outlook I feel I must add a very important piece of information as, in Sids absence, I took care of any political matters and am the only person, other than those who pm'd me, who has undisputable knowledge to back up Sids statements.

A week or more before the round started I got a pm from an LCH HC requesting that 1up allow the current LCH memberbase be merged into our alliance. I declined. I was offered multiple NAP's and alliances (you know who you are). I declined.

That is the final word on how 1up entered the round. Anything beyond this is just plain fiction.

I might also ask that Remy had the spine to admit to doing something that 1up have advocted since it's very inception. The truth is that we are currently getting ahead and quite comfortably. This, as laid out so many times in posts from Sid and many 1up "spokespersons", is where "fluid politics"* should come into play and temporary arrangements should be made. Just have the balls to admit it. Hell, we all know it's for the best and will only enhance the round.

* By fluid politics I mean the *temporary* arrangements of alliances to peg back someone running away with the round not causing detriment to the round as a whole. In this instance a block of this size, for the very reasons sid outlined in an earlier post, will neither be temporary (in my opinion) and will definately have a negative impact on the round. 1up are all for a fair fight but we certainly won't give in to plain bullying and gang banging.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:35   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
snip ...
2 little comments ...

1: You don't need to justify your actions on AD. Fact that you post this somehow shows you think at some point that you needed to justify it (why else would you give a fk about what AD thinks about your political situation). But hey, I've done it aswell so I guess that's just human nature ...

2: I like it how you keep giving these subtle hints that 1up are far superior quality (even with insulting the quality of LCH) ... I think last round showed that the quality in 1up isn't higher then other elite small membercore alliances, you just happen to run and exploit it far better then others so far.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:36   #43
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
Im not sure what is going on fully atm apart from 1up are obviously being targetted due to there recent large growth. But in the end of the day, this is exactly what 1up and a few other alliances last round were doing to EXilition, and it has been happening like this for quite awhile now. 1up have blocked R11, R12 and R13 in some sort of way to take down or in R13 try to take down the largest alliance at a certain point in the game. This round is different as 1up have been #1 from the start.

Although im not saying other alliances aren't guilty of blocking, we all know it happens, usually it gets out of hand aswell. But this thread seems pretty pointless, it just makes you (Sid) sound like a Hypocrit which im sure was not your intention!!
1up stayed alone throughout round 11 despite multiple offers
Exilition had already allied/nap'd half the universe last round

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:41   #44
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed, it's entirely understandable - I've never suggested otherwise. The real issues (for me at least) are those of scale and duration.

How big a block is needed to counter one alliance that is slightly ahead in the rankings? Is 2.5 times the members, double the score and double the roids really needed? And does the block still need to be trying to add more members?
Was it needed last round for 4 alliances to hit Angels for 2 nights (250 pple vs 63) that'sabout 4 times the members ... yet it still happened Sid ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 08:55   #45
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Was it needed last round for 4 alliances to hit Angels for 2 nights (250 pple vs 63) that'sabout 4 times the members ... yet it still happened Sid ...
That was purely a means to an end. You were about to enter the biggest block in the game and some of your people started shooting their mouths off. We just though it prudent to smack a few bottoms. You have to admit it was only for one/two nights and then hostilities ceased on that scale.

Mission accomplished.

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 09:07   #46
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At the time I think it was a "Kill them before they join the enemy fully" rather than leave them to add more power to the opposition........

and it did work, cause once the talks between Sid and [Irvine] were initiated the hostilities as a whole between 1up and Angels dropped dramatically as you went after a bit of everything rather than focusing on 1up as you did for a little while.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 09:39   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
That was purely a means to an end. You were about to enter the biggest block in the game and some of your people started shooting their mouths off. We just though it prudent to smack a few bottoms. You have to admit it was only for one/two nights and then hostilities ceased on that scale.

Mission accomplished.
I agree and it served your goal. My post was just to compare sid's statement with what happened to my own alliance last round, nothing more.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 09:42   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
At the time I think it was a "Kill them before they join the enemy fully" rather than leave them to add more power to the opposition........

and it did work, cause once the talks between Sid and [Irvine] were initiated the hostilities as a whole between 1up and Angels dropped dramatically as you went after a bit of everything rather than focusing on 1up as you did for a little while.
Aside from that 1 week, we didn't go after 1up last round because there was no reason to. Nor was it ever a goal either (Behe's declaration of war against 1up was his opinion and never was the policy of the alliance).

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 09:55   #49
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
From a privacy perspective, I can fully understand Sid not wanted to release te name of the alliance that was approached. If a block (or 'faction') approached multiple alliances including my own, then I proceeded to leak this information to their enemy/target, I would be unhappy and unwilling to help that alliance out in future.

In this case though, I believe Sid that 1up have received plenty of incomings due to ND members in 1up gals receiving decent sized incs whilst the 1up get hit, and the ND in LCH gals getting roided (you heartless bastards, 1up. Those were my roids. ) too.

He brought this to the community, the community didnt bring it to him and as such its his job to prove to us that said events are true. His failure to be abe to supply names or evidence of the goings on make this post by him utterly worthless and just another peice of 1up propaganda.

He claims a number of the alliances were approached so he wouldnt be selling one person out or highlighting them as 1ups informer and he obviously has a reason for believing what informants have told him so he should post whom he thinks is involved and why he beleives its true and not someone playing with 1up
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 10:56   #50
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I agree and it served your goal. My post was just to compare sid's statement with what happened to my own alliance last round, nothing more.
But there is no comparison. You were about to make an enormous block even bigger. We had to , for our own and everyone elses interests, stop that from happening. This is about a huge block (possibly becoming larger) gangbanging a single alliance for a prolonged length of time.

Quote: