User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Jul 2005, 17:34   #1
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts
National Rankings

Not really an idea to improve gameplay at all, just a bit of a gymic.

It would be fun to have a ranking of countries. So you can see which country has the best average score, or the most players etc. Same as the alliance rankings, but for countrys.

Just an idea that popped into my head!
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 17:37   #2
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Re: National Rankings

Brazil - currently 8 active players known. that makes us 46 in ranks :0

Well, i think definelly that would be interesting. From my point of view, specially, cos i think knowing how much players are playing i could try to find the others ( dont ask me how ) to integrate to a more united and integrated country community. It is known for some few that we from brazil try to give support and integrate new brazillian players into the community/game, but we are limited to players who join our channel on IRC and know someone there , having an idea about how many more there is out there could makes us to have an idea about how many we still need integrate. For others that could be useful information beacause some like to do "country alliances" and that gives an idea about how many are there to be recruited/contacted/etc.

including that feature in the code definelly would be a interesting addition.

[edit] typed my country's name in portuguese

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Last edited by Intruder; 24 Jul 2005 at 17:45.
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:26   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Sounds fun
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:33   #4
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Sounds like abuse of confidential information.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:37   #5
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Sounds like abuse of confidential information.
How is it? You have given your details in the registration process as they are a requirement. If you didnt want to provide your details in the signup process, then you shouldnt have, and you shouldnt be playing the game. Its your choice.
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:45   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

TheRat is probally right for something this round but if you agreed a signup to have your data used like this there would be no problem. And to be sure people agree it could be something to set to show in preferences so you could turn it on if you wish otherwise you would be counted under an undefinded group
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:57   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

True.. should do as wakey says then.
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 21:22   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

we could list the number of people form each country without problem I think, but anything that indicated personal details about an individual would be a bit iffy

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 23:19   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Intel has to be taken into account here too. If you're the only player from a certain country then it wouldn't exactly be hard to figure out your co-ords. Perhaps you could lie, but doesn't that go against the rules of the whole registration purpose? Sure, it would only affect a couple of people, but still an issue.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 23:48   #10
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
we could list the number of people form each country without problem I think, but anything that indicated personal details about an individual would be a bit iffy
That is all I was suggesting, and having it ranked in order of average score or something like the alliance rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Intel has to be taken into account here too. If you're the only player from a certain country then it wouldn't exactly be hard to figure out your co-ords. Perhaps you could lie, but doesn't that go against the rules of the whole registration purpose? Sure, it would only affect a couple of people, but still an issue.
How would it? Im not on about putting someones country next to their planet name. All I have suggested is a ranking of countries, as with the alliances. You cant see why alliance people are in, so why should you be able to see what country they are in?
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 04:00   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
How would it? Im not on about putting someones country next to their planet name. All I have suggested is a ranking of countries, as with the alliances. You cant see why alliance people are in, so why should you be able to see what country they are in?
What he means is that if there was only 1 player from a country, then all could find his coords, as the average score or his country = his score.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 09:21   #12
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
What he means is that if there was only 1 player from a country, then all could find his coords, as the average score or his country = his score.
That is a valid point, but what are the chances of;
a) there being only one person playing from a particular country
AND
b) them not having the same score as anyone else in the game.
I suppose you could also find them due to number of roids.
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 09:29   #13
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

Still would be fun to see how many players there are from each country, even if it doesnt show any extra info.
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:25   #14
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Sounds fun

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:26   #15
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Simply use top 10 or something...like its with planets/gals and alliances think that woul erase this problem.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 14:51   #16
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
yep, just country ranks as they show race numbers on Sandmans would be great

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 15:30   #17
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I always tell people in gal I'm from that icky USA place ...

Is there more then 1 Canadian still playing this silly game?
I'd feel so lonely on top of the Average Country score with only my planet
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 16:40   #18
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

I like this idea.

Some might remember there was some statistics of players released back in the old days. As I recall, there was a list of top 5 or 10 countries playerwise and how many players were male/female. Many were suprised by the number of females playing back then. No idea if there are many still today.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 17:16   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
I always tell people in gal I'm from that icky USA place ...

Is there more then 1 Canadian still playing this silly game?
I'd feel so lonely on top of the Average Country score with only my planet

I know 1 canadian atleast

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 17:17   #20
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Simply use top 10 or something...like its with planets/gals and alliances think that woul erase this problem.
yes it would, though it wouldnt give u an exact list.

I like the idea none the less.

Quote: