User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 May 2005, 20:41   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Discuss] Gal Forum Security

One of my gal mates suggested that, with lots of exiles floating around at the moment, that there be the ability to "hide" certain galaxy forum threads from people after say tick 100, i.e. phone numbers and other contact information. Of course, after say 24 ticks of the galaxy being inactive or something it'd become available, and not all threads would be hidden. Various ways of implementing, from the MoC / GC being given the ability to let the person see certain threads after they joined the galaxy, to some sort of password system.
Unread 12 May 2005, 21:49   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gal Forum Security

good idea

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 23:19   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Exiled people should be able to fit in their new galaxy as easy as possible without being left out
so I think this is a bad idea

Ive also seen GC's that use every available option to annoy galmembers they dont like or trust and I dont want to give them more tools to do so.
Unread 13 May 2005, 00:34   #4
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
One of my gal mates suggested that, with lots of exiles floating around at the moment, that there be the ability to "hide" certain galaxy forum threads from people after say tick 100, i.e. phone numbers and other contact information. Of course, after say 24 ticks of the galaxy being inactive or something it'd become available, and not all threads would be hidden. Various ways of implementing, from the MoC / GC being given the ability to let the person see certain threads after they joined the galaxy, to some sort of password system.
would add some more fun to the gal polotik, whilst i would say dont put your phone number on the internet i would get flamed like buggery so i wont :P.

maybe when someone exiles into the galaxy, the MoC would have to allow them access to threads with some sort of security mark on them maybe?

if it was implemntable without too much trouble would be a worthwhile addition imo
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2005, 09:54   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Exiled people should be able to fit in their new galaxy as easy as possible without being left out
so I think this is a bad idea

Ive also seen GC's that use every available option to annoy galmembers they dont like or trust and I dont want to give them more tools to do so.
Quote:
.... to "hide" certain galaxy forum threads from people after say tick 100, i.e. .....
There's no "we'll let you see this thread, no we won't, etc"
Also, if the galaxy is just going to exile the planet right away, they don't want their information being leaked. And to be fair, most galaxies exile smaller people atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
would add some more fun to the gal polotik, whilst i would say dont put your phone number on the internet i would get flamed like buggery so i wont :P.
Yes, of course the other option is things like "don't put that information on the gal forum" but that's what it's for! Otherwise it all has to be done on IRC somewhere, or on another forum / secret website, which is generally more hassle (and for the record the last 4-5 galaxies i've been in I think i've given them my mobile # :P).
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
maybe when someone exiles into the galaxy, the MoC would have to allow them access to threads with some sort of security mark on them maybe?
This is what I was thinking. Just some simple thing where the MoC / GC has the option to toggle threads "secure", and then when people join the galaxy there's an option somewhere to allow them to read the stuff. If say there's no forum activity for 24 hours or so and the planet is still there, he gets to read it anyway.
Unread 13 May 2005, 20:47   #6
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

gd idea
Unread 15 May 2005, 19:04   #7
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

up with the idea

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 00:46   #8
ANdrode
..comeback kid

ANdrode is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There's no "we'll let you see this thread, no we won't, etc"
Also, if the galaxy is just going to exile the planet right away, they don't want their information being leaked. And to be fair, most galaxies exile smaller people atm.
.. or based on activity. An irc active 500K value player makes a bigger difference when under attack, then one that's 2 mil but won't get in gal priv, or is on the wrong block
ANdrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 14:38   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think it is important in an online game to offer secuirty which enables greater community growth and bonding, so i'm all for increasing security.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote