User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:14   #1
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Isnt there a war on?

4 waves on a small cath not even envolved in the blocking and not particularly active on the attacking front, getting bored?
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:19   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Isnt there a war on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
I lost roids, now i'm gonna quit the game and it's YOUR fault
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:21   #3
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Stop being a troll at0mic, im not quitting the game, its a valid question, why are they wasting fleets on my planet when they should be heading towards hostile targets?
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:27   #4
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Can you explain to me why a blcokwar would in any way warrant your protectionagainst everyone ?

are you wonderboy ?
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:31   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

People on here really have no clue do they? i really dont care that much about my planet, i just play to be part of the community, im just wondering logically why they arent targetting each other.
If i was their BC/MO id be targetting planets on the other side, just seems like a stupid tactic to me...

"Sorry lads we're not attacking the germans today, they can have france back, we'll attack the scottish instead"
- Churchill 1944
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:36   #6
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Do you have any proof it's an alliance of one of the blocks? (/me sighs)

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:41   #7
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

.... if i didnt have proof do you think i would post that on here?
I know what these forums are like, im not stupid enough to make accusations without proof...
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:49   #8
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

a war may be on, but not everyone is in the same alliances.

Easy roids, fleet stealing is the main reasons for hitting small caths.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:52   #9
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

.... if the attackers were zik yes
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 10:12   #10
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

SO according your statement, all the alliances in the top40 should attack each other because there is a war on?
Do you know how many alliances arent concerned by this war? Even some top10 alliances are hitting pure random galaxies in order to get roids. you might be in one of theses unlucky galaxies.
Instead of taking your time to post it in here, go to sandmans.co.uk and spend this time to find your next target to get your roids, the only thing you should do is say "thanks you".
By loosing your roids, you will have to gain them again and that mean you will gain more XP than if you had to save your old roids, which mean you will jump in ranks.

Go get to work now.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 10:26   #11
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I dunno, he does have a minor point I guess... certain top 10 alliances do enjoy roiding the people just out of protection in my galaxy... well actually, to be honest, I seriously doubt those are alliance attacks. Probably just members too scared to attack targets which might get defense!
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 10:43   #12
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

I know alch, thats why im not bothered, only 1 wave will actually damage my fleet so im just gonna run... ill just be a very sour target for the next week, and yes great fun for XP gains...

And yes this is an alliance attack Nef, its been confirmed by intel from other members in the gal
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 10:59   #13
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

After all this is a war-game so no rules applies, so what if they gain some easy roids at your planet............. we all got 3 fleets, could be one fleet allie attack, one defence fleet home and the last one free targeting?

Can see any harm in that tho.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 12:45   #14
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Some alliances are fighting more of a war than others
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 13:07   #15
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

I feel sorry for the new waves that just appeared... by the time they land there only going to be getting 25% of 100 roids... not even gonna get good XP... the attackers are bigger than me... fools lol
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 13:55   #16
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

ofc there is a war - its a war game for goodness sake.
There are wars between blocks, alliances, galaxies and planets
It would be difficult to determine exactly which of those you are currently being caught up in.
But as you presume, if it is a ware between blcoks, then being a potential defender witha few nice roids could well get you hit. That is assuming ofc you defend in galaxy. And if you do, you might have been drawn in for defending a previous attack on your galaxy. And that is only one of dozens of reasons you were attacked.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 14:17   #17
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

... or they just attacked you for roids...
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 14:31   #18
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

i can understand that for the 1 and 2nd wave, but the 3,4,5,6,7th? by the time 4,5,6,7 land they only gonna get 20 roids max, im sure there BCs love them... why dont they attack a hostile target and actually help there alliance instead of gaining 40xp points and a few roids?
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 14:41   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
... or they just attacked you for roids...
ohh get real you .... Attacking just for roids .... what you smoking mmm?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 15:13   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

DJet does have a point. There does seem to be very little point in many of these multi wave attacks. They choose smallish planets who i'm sure their intel will have identified as not being the other side and send attacks on them which go way beyond a roiding mission.

For example I myself have had this round alliance incoming. While there was LCH people in the galaxy the rest of the galaxy wasnt really upto much alliance wise and tactically there was little to gain from really smashing them. However it was these planets that got the waves 4,5,7, 8 differnt waves arriving, most waves involving multipel attackers. These arent roiding waves as they dont gain many roids, and its not for the xp as they were bigger planets than the targets. They werent even after the ships as they werent Zik attackers in most cases. It wasnt even an attempt to pull defence from their intended taregts as they only sent 2 or 3 waves to teh LCH people, waves which LCH defended while everyone else had this mass incoming land on them.

It just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Either its part of a war and you smash the planets to win the war so overkill them or you after gains so you send fewer ships and fleets at planets that are either fill of roids, higher value or has some tasty ships. You certainly dont go to overkill with the aim of growing
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 16:41   #21
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

pfft i had 5 waves on my lil cath ass yesterday when i had 128 roids \o/
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 17:49   #22
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

You had 5 waves on you for 128 roids, and no-one else in your gal was hit? Or was it simply a distraction for in gal def for the first 2-3 waves and the people looking at the scans decided that your wave 1 size was worth a go. Who knows, maybe you'd get def for the first 4, they have to pull, and wave 5 starts thinking of sayings like, "The second mouse gets the cheese".

There's all sorts of reasons why you'd get done over.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 17:57   #23
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

only me and another gal mate under attack. heh so not really a distraction as my fleet kinda doesnt exist much.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:17   #24
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

Tonight's top story: I lost roids, I got roids.

Film at eleven.
r1 - ?:? | r2 - 6:6 | r3 - 4:15 | r4 - 178:11 | r5 - ?:?
NotALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:24   #25
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 5 waves on me now...dunno if that's interesting.
I wouldn't have made a thread about it.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:25   #26
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Seems it doesn't take much to start a thread nowadays. Don't know if that's a good thing though.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:26   #27
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

btw ur guys are attackin me
evuuhl
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:46   #28
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

I dunno people moan that AD is dead, so i make a thread that someone could say "ohhh evil 1up tactics" or something and there all i get is people moaning about the thread and nothing about alliances really mentioned...
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:47   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sometimes I wonder why we dont just have this forum closed. After all you all clearly dont like threads being posted on it.

DJet didnt say he was quitting, he didnt complain about being hit ALL he did was question what is frankly some completly screwed up tactics from the alliance. Now stop being so hostile to every single poster who isnt from your own alliance, if you dont liek anyone outside of your alliance then you have your alliance no doubt has its own forums where you wont have to mix with anyone else
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 21:48   #30
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

I wish to thank my 8th wave attacker for recalling, you have proven yourself to be a player of honour who i know hold in the highest regard...

Quote:
Our geatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall! -Konfucius
Thanks for sending me that, i really feel disillusioned with the game right now, all you trolls and flames im sure you can agree on one point, lossing 80% of your roids in one day and going below 100 roids around tick 570 sucks monkeys balls...
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 23:22   #31
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
DJet does have a point. There does seem to be very little point in many of these multi wave attacks.
Then why do alliances keep doing it? If you don't see the point, it's a failure on your own behalf.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 23:32   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well my view is:

- someone thought it was guaranteed roids and worth the crack (better to have some than quite likely none amirite?)

or

- he pissed off someone big who abused his power and decided to get 'revenge' like a twat.
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 00:23   #33
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

The problem is, Lokken, that if even *I* can get decent xp by only hitting people my own value or bigger, then surely so can the people in the big alliances? Easy roids are easy roids, sure, but they don't help that much, when you could be getting slightly harder roids yet profiting from them much more.

Soon I will have a mere 160sh roids myself. This is painful, sure, but the person taking the roids off me is much bigger than I am. Surely he doesn't get much xp from this - so what is the point, really?
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 00:39   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He's in an alliance that might not be getting hit all too much, hence he can be confident of keeping them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Some alliances are fighting more of a war than others
This got posrep ++ for a reason
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 00:56   #35
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
He's in an alliance that might not be getting hit all too much, hence he can be confident of keeping them?
Perhaps. But it's not really especially beneficial to have more roids; more roid = more ships = more value = less xp from attacking, even if you only build attack ships. I'm not saying I don't undersand why people want cheap roids; I'm just saying it's not the most effective way to play the game, and certainly not the mot fun (unless you enjoy beating up on people much smaller than you).
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 00:56   #36
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Then why do alliances keep doing it? If you don't see the point, it's a failure on your own behalf.

-NitinA
Well enlighten me then as the results i can see from this tactic are
a) The Attack goes on ;onger than need on insignicicant planets
b) A fleet is tied up which could be used elsewhere
c) members are attacking a target whomdoesnt yield good gains for them
d) the attack doesnt disable and enemy, just someone who isnt involved in a wat
e) it allows for more co-ords to be collected on your alliance
ect.

I can see where it would pay off IF it was attacking a enemy, and i can see where it pays off hitting a gal mate while a main attack is on going but neither is true in most f these cases
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 24 Apr 2005 at 01:17.
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 01:00   #37
Neferti
part time ghost

Indeed Wakey, I understand (sort of) why I still get a relatively high amount of incs for someone with so few roids, as I am most definitely on a side in the war (ND). It's the rest of my galaxy getting incs that I don't understand. People who multi-wave planets just out of protection, for examples.
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 01:46   #38
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I guess most of those multiwaves on small planets, that isnt a galaxy attack, is a retall for you being hostile to the ally attacking you..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 01:59   #39
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Sounds like a waste of fleets to me..
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 02:53   #40
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

Wakey, fair enough. I made a wisecrack, and it wasn't paritculary funny. Here's what I have to say though. I've participated in 4-5 waves attacks, although I have no idea who did the 3 other waves. The problem is, there's only so many good targets out there, and although it looks like it's a multiple wave attack, it's just a coincidence. I've landed at a target with others several times, even though I don't know who the others were.

My point being: 4-5 waves attacks? Okay. But it may be a coincident. You're a good target, that's all. Not that anyone want's to hear that though.
r1 - ?:? | r2 - 6:6 | r3 - 4:15 | r4 - 178:11 | r5 - ?:?
NotALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 09:24   #41
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotALegend
Wakey, fair enough. I made a wisecrack, and it wasn't paritculary funny. Here's what I have to say though. I've participated in 4-5 waves attacks, although I have no idea who did the 3 other waves. The problem is, there's only so many good targets out there, and although it looks like it's a multiple wave attack, it's just a coincidence. I've landed at a target with others several times, even though I don't know who the others were.

My point being: 4-5 waves attacks? Okay. But it may be a coincident. You're a good target, that's all. Not that anyone want's to hear that though.
When waves overlap apparently by accident, etc, then yes this is quite plausible. However it is unlikely that one person would decide to hit one particular target each tick for 4 or 5 ticks in a row, and to have the eta staggered perfectly.... is it not?

Most of my raids have been piggybacked. The last time i got through, I found 2 HR planets had picked the same target as me, thus depriving me of many roids I could have capped. They then called round my planet the next night to claim the roids back that I stopped them from stealing in the first place
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 15:53   #42
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they was just bored.
Retal, Roids, Drunk after a Drunken weekend and HC gave out the wrong co ords.
Thats always a classic.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 16:44   #43
Azphrodite
Azphrodite

Azphrodite is an unknown quantity at this point

Raising a point mentioned earlier... Does it matter? You lose rois you get roids, you build ships you lose ships. Try getting some defence from your alliance for the 1st few waves, then get some gal defence for the last few, if you can defend 5 waves (A pretty tall order i myself admit) then they aint gonna come at you again are they? They will think, uhoh weve tackled sum1 with lots of connections in an active gal, not easy roids, lets recall and not go again! u follow? meanwhile report all the incoming cords to your alliance intel member and you have plenty of targets to hit to go get even more roids back....Anyone following?
Azphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:02   #44
E-Choke
Pipo P
Mumu Champion

E-Choke is an unknown quantity at this point

No ?
E-Choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:34   #45
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

That is war for you. Here are a few possible scenarios.

1: the peeps attacking you are looking for a chance at easy roids so their PERSONAL ranking and score will increase while maintaining the protection they have from their alliance.

2: they tried to get in on an alliance raid but were unable to find a suitable target that was not already double or triple booked so they chose you instead.

3: you possibly pissed them off sometime or hit a friend of theirs so they are doing this for revenge.

4: they out of greed did not like the alliance targets so they decided to pick on someone that was no protected by anyone threatening.

Either way this sort of thing happens not only daily in PA but every single round. In a WAR game ANYONE is at risk of being attacked. However the options you do have is to find out what alliance the attackers belonged to tattle tale on them and hope their commanders give them a tongue lashing about attacking outside of enemy targets. That option rarely will work unless it was an absolute mandantory raid.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:37   #46
Neferti
part time ghost

Yet another person misses the point... Easy roids are pointless, unless they're also from someone bigger than you! That is NOT because you should be hitting people bigger than you cos of a war. It is simply due to the xp bonus!
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:38   #47
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

Azphrodite, im part of the ROCK command team, ofcourse i tried to get defence! unfortunatly saturday mornings are hard times to get help, i mean hello? friday night!
And the whole "get defence and they wont hit you again" theory doesnt exactly work... the 6/7th wave was the same planet, in his first wave he had 98% of his fleet stolen yet still landed for the second wave... and had 98% of his fleet stolen... this guy lost 250k worth of ships for 60 roids... some alliance member he is lol
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:41   #48
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Azphrodite, im part of the ROCK command team, ofcourse i tried to get defence! unfortunatly saturday mornings are hard times to get help, i mean hello? friday night!
And the whole "get defence and they wont hit you again" theory doesnt exactly work... the 6/7th wave was the same planet, in his first wave he had 98% of his fleet stolen yet still landed for the second wave... and had 98% of his fleet stolen... this guy lost 250k worth of ships for 60 roids... some alliance member he is lol
Was he much smaller than you?
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 17:41   #49
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

Ohhh posts while i was replying... it wasnt for XP, only 1 attacker was actually smaller than me, the rest were either ~100k bigger or about the same size...
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 19:39   #50
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Ohhh posts while i was replying... it wasnt for XP, only 1 attacker was actually smaller than me, the rest were either ~100k bigger or about the same size...
Then they're silly buggers tbh.

Take comfort in the fact that, as long as you saved your fleet, your value is now down so you get better XP, and that they got crap XP
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote