User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Oct 2007, 11:32   #1
Usul

Usul is an unknown quantity at this point
So whats Changed?

Just coming back havent played since round 7. So bring me up to date about where we are now? Whats new? Whats gone?
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 12:39   #2
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Re: So whats Changed?

The good thing that didnt:

- I retired and can sleep
- Im still around IRC
- The dead channels are still dead
- You can see the same old people around
- eX managed to win even without me playing

The bad Thing that changed:

- A new race, dunno how they showed up after the whole universe been mapped for thousand years [/lorelol]

The bad Thing that didnt:

- Bush Still there
- Playerbase still sulx
- Playerbase is so small is almost getting non-multiplayer
-

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 13:00   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Three players still playing the game.

Jolt not caring.

PA team being inactive

nothing really happening.
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 13:39   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ex-players still stick around to troll or post generally useless complaints about PA.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 13:42   #5
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Ex-players still stick around to troll or post generally useless complaints about PA.
here here

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 14:18   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, allthough the game got slightly more than 3 players, the rounds numbers is like lowest ever, barely 1500 planets. Winner decided 3 weeks ago (although cant blame the pa team for that)

Both Kal and Appoco being away (ergo the inactive claim)

And seriously, Jolt isn't doing much and there are no news about any new things coming next round (most likely means there wont be any)

Besides, who are those ex players you keep referring to?
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 15:20   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clearly I was talking about those guys you mentioned, the ones who're winning the round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 15:52   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And seriously, Jolt isn't doing much and there are no news about any new things coming next round (most likely means there wont be any)
Why do anything about it, when money keeps coming in?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 18:19   #9
Usul

Well i signed up for free account and it might just be me but it looks a hell of a lot worse, as in graphically speaking. I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses though and im always willing to give things a chance
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:38   #10
Usul

Right been playing for a bit had mucho fun but still getting used to all the changes. Im still of the opinion that the graphics are dire and anyone new coming to the game would probably think so to, they used to be better why the change? Still bit confused by one or two things, is cov ops actually worth it seems to be more of annoyance but i might be wrong not having played for long. Also i am greatly missing military scans makes things a bit more awkward, or am i missing something?

Am really looking forward to next round and enjoying havoc atm will hopefully be quite a few old timers joining up with me. Another thing thats bugging me is whats with all the vitriol on these forums, seems to be filled with a lot of nobs posting crap and generally being rude to every post they take a dislike to (more so than most forums).

Sad to see most ppl i knew are gone, i do recognize a few names but no one i knew well hopefully will get to know more ppl when the rounds underway.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:45   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usul
Also i am greatly missing military scans makes things a bit more awkward, or am i missing something?
It's a way to insert complexity into the combat engine. Without military scans, you'll have to work out the incomings with other scans (news, incoming analysis, advanced unit scan), and you can never be 100% sure what's coming. With military scans, it easily becomes very trivial (whether this is desired or not is debateable).

Quote:
Another thing thats bugging me is whats with all the vitriol on these forums, seems to be filled with a lot of nobs posting crap and generally being rude to every post they take a dislike to (more so than most forums).
It's the reminders of the old playerbase, who are bitter for still being around. The elitistic attitude has spawned in a few years, and it's probably here to stay. Until F-Crew wins a round and everyone vanishes.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:46   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Military scans don't exist any more.

For most players, cov ops is a little bonus, something to use to get some extra res, to annoy a few people. If you've picked a government that gives a stealth increase, you can use cov ops to get a buttload of resources, and annoy a whole lot of people, at the price of not being able to play PA the old fashioned way.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:53   #13
Usul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
It's a way to insert complexity into the combat engine. Without military scans, you'll have to work out the incomings with other scans (news, incoming analysis, advanced unit scan), and you can never be 100% sure what's coming. With military scans, it easily becomes very trivial (whether this is desired or not is debateable).
Yeah i had guessed as much, but i was just getting my whinge on for it not being easier lol. I still had a lot of fun last night attacking with a friend, i guess things are lax with the quicker ticks and ppl not caring as much. I'm assuming its much harder to roid succesfully now with a smaller/more active player base than it was back pre round 10?

Edit: is there any substantial archive of the old planets/gals about for rounds 3-7? Finished top 10 gal in round 7 but cant for the life of me remember any coords i had except for rd 3
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 15:00   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Yes, there is.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:51   #15
Usul

still no luck there tbh was just interested to see if i could dig up my old planets :<
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:55   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Try http://www.superstardom.org/planetarion/Menu.aspx