User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Dec 2005, 23:52   #1
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Question Is It Possible To Get Planets Naps with the Whole Top15?

This is a longggg thread, it's been built up over a period of 3 weeks, so if you have 20 hours spare & are bored, read on!;D

:xmas:

/begin blog-like spam

Introduction

I Started R15 late around tick 692..

As i wanted to play r15 at a relaxed pace, without worrying about 5am launch times, i never bothered joining an alliance. Lacking a source of protection and not wanting to become a total burden on my galaxy (who seemed a friendly & active bunch), I thought about getting personal naps with a few alliances. As i was never gonna have a good planet, i thought why not take this tactic further and try to get as many top 15 alliance naps as possible!

I knew alliances like 1up had in the past allowed such planet naps but i didnt know how other allies would react to such a proposition (especially with my planet being only 4 days old ).

So yeah, thats what this thread is about. My attempts to get as many naps with the top 15 alliances. There are numerous logs ive linked to which show my experience with each alliance (ive hosted externally in this thread, if an admin removes any, please leave a message stating WHY so i can correct & republish it).

The Mission Starts...

With my planet ranked 2488, i knew that the bigger alliances would find a nap request laughable. So i needed to keep this fact away from discussions as much as possible. Starting off, the most obvious thing is to use existing contacts, so I asked my galaxy - 16:5.

I inform my gal and also request some help from them in getting a planet nap from their alliances. The repsonse is mixed but as i know Thrud from VGN, and there was also a VGN HC in my gal, theres a good chance for a nap there but I need to wait for RobTD to come online later.

In the meantime an orbit galaxy m8 (soopis) mentions his alliance, so lets see what Orbit can do for me!

#14 Orbit

You can read the orbit log here:

Summary

Was pretty straight forward this request, I had an orbit gal m8 and was under protection anyway, so i was just making things that more official and ensuring i wouldnt hit an Orbit dude.

Result: SUCCESS

#2 NEW DAWN

Off to a positive start, i pick out multiple alliance public channels and try to reach an active HC, one of the first to respond is The_Fish from ND (ok not HC anymore but he could still help!)

This was always going to be a tricky one for me, mainly because i was HC in HR at the time of the bitter HR-ND wars in R12. With nasty public propaganda campaigns on AD (although HR had allied ND in R13), i had little or no expectation of a nap. For this effort, i would probably have better luck being a totally new player.

You can read the ND log here

Summary

Gate pulled this one out of the bag for me, even though it seems it wasnt exactly above board business. Hey, i aint complaining, these kind of behind the scene deals are ofc common in PA;D.

#3 Angels

As with a few others, I did have some contact with alch from a military pov in previous rounds. Angels are pretty hardcore though, so it would still be hard for a small planet like mine to get a nap.

You can read my log here

Summary

Never found the right HC to arrange the nap with. I had a good feeling with angels that something could be arranged, i suppose i'll never know if this feeling was right!

Result: N/A

#1 Exilition

This was pretty much uncharted territory, I knew little about eX & their HC and didnt know how they would react to such a request.

You can view the eX request here

Summary

An eX nap! Im really surprised by this, infact overall ive been shocked by how open ally HC were to the nap idea. I've a good feeling about getting all 15 naps, i certainly didnt expect much from eX. I mean, it's eX!! These guys have some bad rep in some quarters of the PA community, why would they bother setting up a nap that didnt directly benifit them? Maybe they aint so ev1l afterall?;D

#5 1up

1up, infamous for their planetary naps to top100 players in enemy alliances. Would my skinny little planet of little or no consequence be worthy of protection? Would the most successful alliance in PA pity my meager political dealings or spit me out without even a single chew? I'm sure to find out once i can find a f#cking HC

Read the logs here.

Summary

Omg, that really is typical. The one ally (who for me at least), embody the tactic of planet naps, dont allow them anymore!

I've failed, failed!!

Result: FAILED

#4 LCH

I always knew that I would have better luck with some alliances, then with others. LCH i hope would be a positive encounter, as i know & have worked with a few of their HC in the past.

You can view the LCH log here:

Summary

Glad to see good HC coms for such an insignificant thing like a nap with my wee planet It seemed pretty straight forward to get a planet nap with LCH, infact the ease of setting the nap up (well once i got hold of Ace) made me wonder just how often they have such requests o_0.

#8 TGV

A top10 ally and another attempt without any real contacts in place to help my request. I've no idea how TGV react to such things as planet naps.

You can check out my progress here

Summary

A good, quick service here Straight forward with no messing! Good to hear about them maybe offering attacks to join too! Im assuming TGV have some useful technology in place to support such quick negotiations, something im sure not every alliance has.

#22 Insomnia

Wasn't sure how insomnia HC would react to my request, i've been on the same HC as some of these lads so that would clearly have some effect on their response.

The log

Summary

Weeee, well that went well, it was pleasantly easy actually, not a fair representation of how easy it would be to get an insomnia nap of course. Without doubt highlights the old saying that its not what you know but who you know. Not that this quest was meant to be impartial or in "lab conditions" or anything but for this result, it does not show fair results so to speak.

#7 VGN

You can read the Galaxy & VGN logs here

Summary

Damn:/ Although i wont be getting vgn incomings anyway, there is no official nap in place and from one of the alliances I originally thought would be a cert. I get the feeling VGN have had a bad experience with planet naps and so no longer allow them, seems a few bad eggs have spoilt it for us all!

Result: FAILED

#11 Tof

Spoke with fellah, knew this guy from a few rounds back, again had some previous relationship that may effect the outcome.

You can check how this went here

Summary

Was keen to help and the response was quick after he conferred with ToF HC.

#9 Fcrew

The alliance that traditionally helps new players more then any other, i was hopeful this applied to players without alliances

You can read the outcome here

Summary

Partial success I think, Wakey may have felt i was trying to waste his time (which ofc was not my objective), although i was persistant it was all in the name of Peace!;D

#6 Subh

Again, I had a galaxy m8 from Subh so this would be a lot easier (I hoped).

You can check out my progress here

Summary

Another bunch of approachable HC, they didnt seem paranoid i was up to no good or anything, which was refreshing.

#13 xVx

Wasnt sure how these guys would react, especially if they knew i was once HR HC (as they currently at war with HR), when i eventually found their public channel i had this chat with them

Summary

Got in touch with a highly motivated HC'er who was keen to help, the guy seemed to think i was a bird but hey, i got the nap so whose complaining?

Does seem to be he didnt know i had HR connections (but then why would he? i hadnt played since r13), so i am left wondering if the nap would of been given had this been known?

#10 Howling Rain

Aha, well this i hoped would be a given for me, you can read how things went here

Summary

Ok, maybe not a big achievement as i know these people for like 4 years but still, its a nap!!

#15 Hidden Agenda

I Know little about these guys, infact they werent even on my original top15 list until the Tof-splitting incident (thx for giving me more work Tof!;P).

The log is here.

Summary

Ok, i got the nap the day before tick end but its still a nap! Dissapointing the message wasnt passed on but hey, with a week to go, who cares

#12 ROCK

For some reason unknown to myself, i overlooked these guys so had to run around a day before tick-end and try and setup something. Heres the log.

Summary

As with many such requests, if you know the HC, you already have a foot in the door! Even though Rocks policy was light due to the round ending the next day, i'm confident Rock would have allowed a planet nap anyway, so i dont see this one as unfair or anything;D

CONCLUSION

13 / 16 Planet naps

I'm pretty much satisfied with that number of naps, not the full top15 but for those naps i didnt get, it was because the ally didnt allow such things, rather then my planet not being acceptable. I also ended up contacting more then 15 alliances with the numerous rank changes that happened over the last 3 weeks.

So, was there any point to of all this? Was i really THAT bored to have logged everything & made a post out of it?

Do anyone really care? Do i really care?

Maybe this post might inspire some players to try a round differently and do things solo but with a few naps on the side? As it does seem most alliances are up for such arrangements.

Overall I am genuinely surprised about how helpful all the HC were. I know from experience that its easy to get bogged down with member issues and you dont want some guy pestering you about petty planet naps.

So thanks to the HCs for being so cooperative! I'd like to think it pays testimony to how welcoming the PA community can be at times.

By the end of my wee mission, things had become slightly tacky. In that, any motivation I had to grow the normal planet, was instead replaced with the simple mission to get lots of planet naps. I doubt you could play a serious round alongside such an "ambition", just for the stagnation it causes your attack liberty.

On the final day and after 2 out of 3 of my attacks landing, I had a free planet with 417 roids, 700k score, ranked 1647 and 12 naps with top15 alliances (13 overall). My only regret is not asking peniz-alliance for one:*(

DISCLAIMER

I hope none of the HC involved in this feel i've mislead them or tried to publically damage them or their alliance. Some might ask why i didnt inform the HC of all these naps i was trying to get but i wanted to do this fair so to speak. I felt if they knew about my "Quest", this would effect their decision and may have made it that bit easier/harder to obtain one.

/end spam
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 23:53   #2
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is It Possible To Get Planets Naps with the Whole Top15?

omg thats long.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 23:56   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

truly superb.

best thing you've posted
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:01   #4
Nibiru

Nibiru is on a distinguished road

Nice job Sethy ! Liked it

R2: OpusDei
R3: G-II Wing [HR]
R4: [HR]
R5: [HR]
R6: [HR]
R7, R8, R9, R10: Retired
R11: [HR]
R12: Absolute->LCH
R13: ND
R14: ND -> ToF
R15: 1up
R16: HR
Nibiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:03   #5
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Very fun read. Thanks for it
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:06   #6
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Sethy: VGN has never really done planet NAPs, atleast not in my memory (which is every single round VGN has existed, with the exception of r14). However, by default a planet in a VGN gal is protected, unless that planet is in a hostile alliance, or attacks VGN.

You might've had more luck if you had contacted _are_ though ;-) Then again, probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
best thing you've posted
Doesn't take much (Sorry sethy )
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:11   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Brilliant. Sorry about the no planet NAP issue, but that's just the way we work.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:12   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Pretty cool.
Kind of reminded me of the guy who ate nothing but Mcdonald's meals for 30 days.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:14   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

U were so tiny.. and fragile. and you reminded me of 15 year old girls.. how could I refuse.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:16   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Seth Mace ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:16   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

eheheh that made my day

Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:19   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is truly fantastic. Congratulations my good sir.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:20   #13
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Thanks for the nice replies so far, was expecting bad stuff my way tbh;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Good job Seth Mace ...
I've just found out i've TWO!! (fake nicks FTL) angels dudes in my gal, can i have that nap now please, thanks?:P
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:26   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Thanks for the nice replies so far, was expecting bad stuff my way tbh;P

I've just found out i've TWO!! (fake nicks FTL) angels dudes in my gal, can i have that nap now please, thanks?:P
Hehe, all in all you didn't succeed in getting that nap with us. And you've got a point. the 2nd time you pm'd me I was like "ohh god, I got better things to do" ... nothing personal ofcourse.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:28   #15
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome post, nice one Seth Mace, kept me entertained
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:33   #16
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

\o/

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:36   #17
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Nice work
Fun reading atleast

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:41   #18
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

im a he ?!
since when... i called u woman, cose u called me man :P
cose u assumed im a guy...
hmm interesting tought tho.. im gone play alllll night... if i can find the thing :P

past alliances :
r 01 - r 02 none
r 03 - r 04 TFD / ToT
r 05 - r 10,5 WP
r 11 LCH
r 12 - 90 Vision / xVx
r 91 - 100 Wave Zero / Syndicate

present alliances :
Tribute
since mid round 101
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:43   #19
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG-izer
im a he ?!
since when... i called u woman, cose u called me man :P
cose u assumed im a guy...
hmm interesting tought tho.. im gone play alllll night... if i can find the thing :P
lol, doh:/

Wanna cyb0r?
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 00:47   #20
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Brilliant SethMace! Wonderful post, great reading! & intresting implications...

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 01:33   #21
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Nice one SethMace. And yeah I have to agree with ChubbyChecker, this defenitly reminds a lil of those docu-movies like "SuperSize Me" ^^
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 01:38   #22
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

An expose` of how HC's are on IRC. A very entertaining read!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 01:39   #23
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Posrep if for nothing other than the effort you've put into this.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 01:43   #24
Kieker Jan

Kieker Jan can only hope to improve

weee sethy :P
ur just to fluffeble to attack
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 02:26   #25
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

good read seth u newb, should of asked me would of added you
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 08:42   #26
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

I KNEW IT SETHY !! :/
And all that bitching about me/my gal naping Angels :/
(not this round, etc, etc)
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 11:14   #27
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

should have added timelogs to show how long it take, but all in all a good effort and nice read.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 13:16   #28
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

<3 Basher
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 13:49   #29
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

So you failed... haha :P

I bet you're putting thoughts in peoples' heads now... next round: No alliances :P

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 14:34   #30
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

seth, you know xain thought you were a woman till like r11 or something
you definitely have that womanly charm mate.!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 15:18   #31
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Haha, well in my defence there was a small section of HR members who went around telling people i was a she, just for the fun of it;D
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 15:58   #32
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

OMG you nasty ........ and ......... and ........ hehe

Yes you got the planet NAP wanna know why ?
Since we knew you from working together in FYTFO and since you told remy you had no alliance and started late there was no reason in my eyes to not give it to you.

In the end you f00led us all, cudos for that

/me puts a note on HC forums to never trust Seth Mace again
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 17:33   #33
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

This is amazing, seth, that you really bothered to nap everyone and actually succeeded. Planet naps are very good for the alliance they're made with, rather good for the planet and VERY BAD for the alliance of the planet who made the planet nap. So in my opinion it's normal for most alliances to allow and make them. As long as I've had access to eX arbiter in r13 and r15 I've always seen quite a few planets with naps. How would you think certian planets from hostile alliances end up in top10? Planets naps of course :) Especially in r13 where the biggest 1up/etc planets were napped.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 18:14   #34
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

UIOHAOIhAIUhIOAUHIOAUOAAHIOAUHIOAuhOIAHuIOAHOIUAhiOAAHOIUAH

extremely roflble

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 23:42   #35
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Wakey is kinder than me. I would have sent you away straight away....
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 01:51   #36
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good thread and intersting indeed. Ive always had mixed feelings about planet naps, in the state of war with hostile alliances I will turn round to some galaxy mates in previous rounds and suggest they take a planet nap, should they want one. Two names come to mind Gio2k an d Bleen. Both declined the offer, and in hindsight looking back I would do the same.

But they serve there purpose and it certainly is interesting to see how far you can get when asking for a nap.

Once again great thread.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 14:22   #37
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

interesting read

good job
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 01:12   #38
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

it was an excellent read ...
some of it really funny .. others a bit sad...
note to self .. never let sethy get bored again
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 17:21   #39
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life SethMace :P

Altho I feel abused and left in the cold(call me fs ), I think it was a funny quest u had

good post

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:16   #40
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Great post.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 03:21   #41
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Great post.
Arent you retired ?

happy newyear btw

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 16:32   #42
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So what did you do for the round? Just build ships and sit around twiddling your thumbs?
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 19:16   #43
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

I was networkin;P

Gamewise i had 2 attacks and defended a few times ingal. That wouldnt have really changed however, naps or not. The main reason i signed up was to see what had changed since R13.

I found nothing much had changed
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 17:23   #44
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

SethMace has been friendly to us mostly, and he told us he was allianceless. So no hurt in pNapping him, no?

Its that simple, we liked him, we granted it. For showing Personal logs, you drop a bit in my evaluation of you, but i still wub you. It still is a funny post
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:37   #45
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

in reply to the topic: 'yes depends who you are'
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 21:23   #46
Yeh_of_Arcanum

Yeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these parts

And shows exactly something...2 top alliances refusing nap, 1up and Angels. Big suprise, yeah. Teh Evil ones.

Btw nice work

PA r5: 10:13:20 - Smudge the Ignored of Sect [Fury][Quha] - #11 - gal #4
SS r3: 1:16:18 - Kukko of Tunkio [O^O][Quha] - #2 - gal #7
MW r1: 1:44:10 - Yeh of Arcanum [Quha] - #1 - gal #1
PL r5: 43:5:2 - Dictator of This Galaxy [Cathexis][Quha] - #1 - gal #1
Speed PA r2 2:24:8 - Dictator of This Galaxy [T&P] - #10 - gal KIA
Yeh_of_Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 12:58   #47
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
in reply to the topic: 'yes depends who you are'
Exactly, if some random noob would have asked the same question most allies would have probably laughed at him. SethMace is a well known player so that makes it easier for him to get all those planetnaps

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 22:14   #48
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

îdd - why didnt you fake nick just to get this planet naps? that would have made it more interesting.
But good idea, well done.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 14:07   #49
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
#5 1up
Omg, that really is typical. The one ally (who for me at least), embody the tactic of planet naps, dont allow them anymore!

I've failed, failed!!
I remember that (brief) conversation. What you've said about it here gives me the impression that you were surprised by the outcome, yet you have yourself given the exact reason the answer was no:
Quote:
the tactic of planet naps
A tactic is just what they are, and there was no benefit to 1up in giving them out to planets such as yourself, the only real reason to give them out would have been charity. Just because a tactic has worked in one set of circumstances doesn't mean it would work in all.

Anyway, I quite like the idea. It's nice to see somebody doing this sort of thing and writing about it in such a well-thought way with so much effort put in.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 14:20   #50
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Haha, well in my defence there was a small section of HR members who went around telling people i was a she, just for the fun of it;D
"Shemale"Sethy O_o

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote