User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2005, 15:20   #1
Green Spit

3D evolution

Hello.

Would anyone here be interested in learning 3D modelling and animation perhaps with a view of using the planetarion universe as a source of inspiration? During the learning process I hope we could model all the ships that feature in the game and produce some nice artwork as a result.

I have started out on the long road to becoming a digital artist by taking a short course in using Maya 6.5 for modelling and animation and I am willing to assist anyone else who wants to give it a go.

My work so far is not great, its pretty amateurish but I am still learning much about 3D work in general and the skills in how to use the software. I thought a good way of learning would be to do it with others of a similar standard so I am in the process of setting up the 3D Evolution message board specifically aimed at beginners in 3D software to share tips and resources.

If you would like to join me I will post a link to the forum here soon if that is OK with the mods?

The forum is located here

Thanks

GS

Last edited by Green Spit; 27 Oct 2005 at 15:55.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 15:27   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: 3D evolution

Seeing as you are suggesting that PA ships get modelled by yourself and whoever i dont have a problem with you advertising this here for now (assuming no other mod comes and disagrees with me). I'm sure some people round here will appreciate the chance to improve their graphics skills and link it with their love for PA.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 15:37   #3
Green Spit

Cool. The board is new and so far only has my posts on it, I was rather hoping PA people would fill it and dominate it with PA related work!

I will post a link soon
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 20:03   #4
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Can you teach yourself to use it from the freebie?
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 16:13   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I like ze spiders

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 17:50   #6
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Neat - but i miss visible guns and a (more or less) visible cockpit.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 21:58   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Didn't someone do something similar to this a few rounds ago? And does anyone remember the lego ships from a year or two ago? They were good
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 21:24   #8
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I dont think a cockpit would be useful anyway, since we are talking about space distances O.o

Prolly Catharians use video-like screens to view external stuff, specially cos transparent materials could be not that resistent to internal/external damage and to add mechanisms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Spit
Tweaked the ships a little, added a cockpit and changed the colour. Here are a few spiders just leaving the planet;

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/4...rsmars49gx.jpg

great

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2005, 15:22   #9
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

thumbs fking up

This was exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when I replied to Kloopy's 'For just one night' thread.