User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Jul 2005, 23:06   #1
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Exclamation The truth about the end of VsN

Rumours are making their round quickly - it's time to put an end to them.

First off many people wondered why there were no VsN members joining other alliances after the official end of VsN - there are two reasons for that:

1. The majority of the well-known VsN-players had left VsN between R13 and R14 to join the 'new' alliance that was founded by some famous ex-VsN players that left VsN long ago. Whatever their reasons were - I guess some didn't like the price of our no-nap-policy (which is not anymore a problem at your new place I heard) - the way it happened is another question - but here is not the place to discuss this.

2. What was left - a pretty small group of players with mixed experience was invited to join a new project - called xVx.

Why was VsN disbanded than - why you didn't continue under the name VisioN ?

There is no simple reason for that - dissapointed by many calling themselves Visionaires for so long - the realization that the old VsN strategies didn't work out under the new formulas with the new member core.

Why the new name - what does it mean ?

xVx as we have called ourselves ingame is the abb for Fifth Element - in the meaning of the element combining the ancient elements earth, fire, air and water. Aristotle named this fifth - superior element spirit.
Spirit as in we haven't lost the same - despite all the backstrokes we continue fighting.
Spirit as in the one all our members share - to play this game with style and fun without all the political dodges.

How much of VsN is in Fifth Element ?

The majority of the command team that was VsN R13 is xVx R14.
However the majority of this command team hadn't much to say in VsN before that round.
We share some ideas and principles - but evolved those to our very own strategy.
We feel that we are unique enough and are standing behind this project and try everything to make it successful - a dedication we wouldn't have had when continuing the VsN project.

Who is the true follow-up of VsN - xVx or the other alliance ?

None is - both were formed with a bunch of VsN and a bunch of other ppl - I don't think any would like to be called VsN splinter group (/me waves to lokken ).

As this message is posted our public chan will be opened - it's name is #5thelement.

You are free to start bashing at us now...

5th Element HC
Myztica, Uthor & Marka

Last edited by Marka; 30 Jul 2005 at 23:16.
Marka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 23:20   #2
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
Re: The truth about the end of VsN

R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 23:44   #3
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

thanks for clearing this up

I can sleep at night now
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 23:50   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
thanks for clearing this up

I can sleep at night now
I think you capture the moment beautifully, some posrep for you!
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:00   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Actually, I always find this sort of thing interesting, the whole split to Reunion and to xVx did kinda confuse me.

Good luck etc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:02   #6
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Nice. Good luck all in there, many nice player a believe.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:03   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Actually, I always find this sort of thing interesting, the whole split to Reunion and to xVx did kinda confuse me.

Good luck etc.
I aggree it was a good read, im just confused as to why now and not at the start of the round :/
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:11   #8
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I aggree it was a good read, im just confused as to why now and not at the start of the round :/
There's a right time for everything - start of the round definitely wasn't for this one
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:16   #9
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
the reason for this was because we did not expect any level of interest surrounding where most of the ex vision players had gone, however following interest from conversations on irc, we decided it was best to clear the air and let people know the full sequance of events before they started making up their own version.

i am terribly sorry if it doesnt thrill you to read this thread (idler) if you are not interested im sure there are other threads you can go and read, maybe go back to GD you might find something interesting there. some ppl who know vision and know some of its players have half stories and gossip to go on we simply wanted to fill in the gaps for them.

if you want to read it, read it. if you dont i dont really care (im sure most ppl dont) and it doesnt warrent you clogging up the thread telling us that.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 00:23   #10
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
the reason for this was because we did not expect any level of interest surrounding where most of the ex vision players had gone, however following interest from conversations on irc, we decided it was best to clear the air and let people know the full sequance of events before they started making up their own version.

i am terribly sorry if it doesnt thrill you to read this thread (idler) if you are not interested im sure there are other threads you can go and read, maybe go back to GD you might find something interesting there. some ppl who know vision and know some of its players have half stories and gossip to go on we simply wanted to fill in the gaps for them.

if you want to read it, read it. if you dont i dont really care (im sure most ppl dont) and it doesnt warrent you clogging up the thread telling us that.
Barney has spoken.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 01:49   #11
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Well done for keeping up the fight.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 03:22   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Barney has spoken.

Barney speaks, but doesnt know how to read.

I was being serious, so dont negrep me ta.!
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 07:01   #13
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

well said

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 09:25   #14
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Barney speaks, but doesnt know how to read.

I was being serious, so dont negrep me ta.!
Don't negrep me either!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 09:43   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

how about i neg-rep both you rep-caring retads?:))))
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 10:00   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

So I offerd all thoose x Vision players sex for nothing?

god damn.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:13   #17
Altor

Altor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really nice

I think it's a shame no-one contacted us master-idler techies...
Not that we had much spare time left though Tools'n'stuff you know
Altor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:39   #18
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
So I offerd all thoose x Vision players sex for nothing?

god damn.

ah and i bet u was good at it.. :P

not good enough tho
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 16:32   #19
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Good luck xVx

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:25   #20
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Good luck to the 5th.

Still, with the same VsN core and then some, still doesn't explain enough the name change. VsN has been one of the political superpowers of this game (rounds before r13 anyways) with some of the best players out there. Additionally, the history of the alliance hasn't been really that tainted. Personally, I thought VsN players were conservative bad-asses, who although didn't express much on AD, still performed through the numbers showed on the universe rankings.

With a colorful history like VsN, I think it would have been better, politically, to keep the VsN namesake rather than starting another name such as xVx with the same core of members.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 03:52   #21
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck Marka, Uthor and MYZ! with your alliance
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 09:36   #22
KMM

KMM is an unknown quantity at this point

ta for annoucning it Marka.Makes me understand the name,even though I am still a bit dissapointed with the name change as Vision was a well known alliance
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:23   #23
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

hmm its such a shame to see vision go
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:55   #24
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Good Luck

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 22:30   #25
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

Good luck etc.
there has never been a split from VsN into Reunion and xVx.
it is true that a lot of reunions are ex-vsn ... but most left vsn long ago. we are no rising of the old vsn core or split in any way

just wanted to say that. still good luck to xVx. imo u should have stayed VsN for the good memories a lot of ppl connect to it, but i guess that is all up to you

/me signs off

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 22:45   #26
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
it is true that a lot of reunions are ex-vsn ... but most left vsn long ago. we are no rising of the old vsn core or split in any way
You are correct that not all ex-VsN ppl you have were directly from VsN, but (not 100% sure on numbers) you took about 10-15 of our active core of R13 in for Reunion, which was a considerable amount seeing the number of players we had at that point.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 22:55   #27
Marka
xVx

Quote:
just wanted to say that. still good luck to xVx. imo u should have stayed VsN for the good memories a lot of ppl connect to it, but i guess that is all up to you

/me signs off
It was about time the name died tbh
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 23:16   #28
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka
It was about time the name died tbh
Why is that?
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 23:31   #29
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Why is that?
It won't be much of a secret i think that Vision wasn't that great in the last rounds in terms of performance. We spent most of the time trying to get a active command in gear again to be able to participate at a decent level in the game it's politics again. That work vanished when a big part of the officers crew we had worked on to get, left at the end of R13 and went to Reunion. This meant VsN would have to be completely rebuild again, and that simply wasn't an option anymore after the weak rounds we had. So the best choise for us was to create a new alliance with the ppl we had left and try to build up something decent again.

[edit] typo's [/edit]
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 23:55   #30
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
It won't be much of a secret i think that Vision wasn't that great in the last rounds in terms of performance. We spent most of the time trying to get a active command in gear again to be able to participate at a decent level in the game it's politics again. That work vanished when a big part of the officers crew we had worked on to get, left at the end of R13 and went to Reunion. This meant VsN would have to be completely rebuild again, and that simply wasn't an option anymore after the weak rounds we had. So the best choise for us was to create a new alliance with the ppl we had left and try to build up something decent again.

[edit] typo's [/edit]
Vision died in r11. What happened after r11 was only a desperate attempt to keep a sinking boat floating.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 00:08   #31
Wandows
[Vision]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Vision died in r11. What happened after r11 was only a desperate attempt to keep a sinking boat floating.
i can't argue the fact Vision changed in r11, but i can hardly call it dead. I know it didn't live up to expectation several ppl had on it in terms of the performace ingame, but the community that Vision represented was still very much alive.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:16   #32
Marka
xVx

Quote:
split is the wrong word for what has happened there - but the result is practically the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Why is that?
As jupp said - a lot of good memories - a glorious past doesn't run an alliance - in fact it let's you stagnate - makes you lazy

At one point you have to make a decision - either keep the name and take from it the last piece of reputation it had - or take what you have and move on to something new.

We chose the second option coz the people who ARE xVx now deserve a chance to prove themselves - VsN always was Legator's ally or that ally that was once successful.
Well allies should not be defined by their past but by the ppl - VsN at a certain point was lacking any definition despite the past - at that point it just doesn't make sense to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Very lofty spoken - but this sort of posting just is old-fashioned black/white POV. You basically say VsN before R11 - wee - after that - eew. That is in no way fair to everyone who actually stayed in VsN. We might not have had the score or the reputation - but we had fun - and after all that's what counts.

Allies come and go - the ppl - the community stays.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 09:13   #33
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
You are correct that not all ex-VsN ppl you have were directly from VsN, but (not 100% sure on numbers) you took about 10-15 of our active core of R13 in for Reunion, which was a considerable amount seeing the number of players we had at that point.

id like to correct you on your numbers. i dont see 15 if i counted right they are 9 people.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 09:46   #34
Marka
xVx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
id like to correct you on your numbers. i dont see 15 if i counted right they are 9 people.
I count 12 - from which 9 officers.
And he said 10-15 not 15 - nitpicker :P
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 09:58   #35
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka
I count 12 - from which 9 officers.
And he said 10-15 not 15 - nitpicker :P
i dont even know who all were in vsn last round, ive to admit i could be mistaken.

boardmail me the names you counted and i tell you if your right

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 10:21   #36
BlueDemon

BlueDemon is on a distinguished road

I Planted a tombstone for Vision in my backyard.

To those of you that say you have good memories about being in Vision, you should have worried about that when she needed you.
You didn't for whatever reasons you may tell yourself, which i find somewhat disappointing, so live with it and move on.
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 10:28   #37
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
I Planted a tombstone for Vision in my backyard.

To those of you that say you have good memories about being in Vision, you should have worried about that when she needed you.
You didn't for whatever reasons you may tell yourself, which i find somewhat disappointing, so live with it and move on.
sometimes a love gets divorced cause its to diffcult to maintain the love - even if the love didnt die.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 11:36   #38
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
sometimes a love gets divorced cause its to diffcult to maintain the love - even if the love didnt die.
Are you female?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 11:57   #39
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Are you female?
thats up to your imagination - and fantasy

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:04   #40
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:

ive to correct - it were once 12.

VfL Bochum >*