User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 May 2005, 00:30   #1
Tokra

Tokra is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is it worth coming back?

Well?

Rnds 2-6 played, and none of the rest

What round are you guys on anyway? I didn't even know PA was still in existance! I'd like to rejoin but I'll wait til the next round starts.

I feel so old! I don't know where to begin! Can anyone give me a somewhat detailed over-view of the alliances and how things are working out politically?

Who's left? How many people play now?

Anyone from those days still around? HobbieRogue4? Zhi||? Synthetic_Sid?

I want my old nickname back! Does the nickname Garshaw still exist? If so, I want to know what my password is! I can't seem to log in!

I think I'll join #planetarion

What's the IRC address?

- Garshaw
Tokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 04:51   #2
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Re: Is it worth coming back?

Quote:
I want my old nickname back! Does the nickname Garshaw still exist? If so, I want to know what my password is! I can't seem to log in!

irc.planetarion.com that you would remember is gone, it has been replaced by netgamers.org. reg ur nick at http://www.netgamers.org and to get to #planetarion use irc.netgamers.org:6667

Quote:
yup

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 09:08   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I think it's worth coming back, I'm back after not playing for a couple of years and I like the changes that have been made.

I suggest you play this round with a free account. You won't get very far but at least it'll give you an idea how the game works now and whether you want to sign up next round. You may even upgrade to a paid account if you start doing well
Unread 8 May 2005, 09:43   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And as for politics, current T10 alliances are:

1) Wolfpack - had a good round so far but got to first with little resistance. Now they're getting stuck in.

2) eXilition - new for this round, includes many Dragons/LDK apparently. Currently by far the most impressive.

3) NoS - Seem to have had very little concerted incoming. One might suggest they have 'deals'. But, they're carrying a strong pace and have pulled themselves together well after last round was a bit of a disaster.

4) LCH - a lot of Elysium there, I believe. A top tier alliance IMO.

5) HowlingRain - WP splinter, I think. Are slipping down the table now that they and WP are getting hit relentlessly.

6) Tides of Fire - a splinter/remerge episode led to ToF. Came from Valhalla, an alliance which turned up out of nowhere, recruited a lot of newbies and has really pulled together into something special over the last few rounds. Slipping down the table now they're getting hit lots.

7) Angels - The core of FAnG. Got involved temporarily in the block war but got hammered and withdrew with some comical PR. Nontheless, they're another top tier alliance in terms of quality and are steaming up the ranks.

8) 1up - formed by Synthetic_Sid and others (mazz \o/) for round 11. Won 11 and 12, and have been hammered from about PT200 this round and have slipped down quite a bit.

9) Veneratio - another newish alliance, have yet to receive consistently heavy incomings, but like NoS have been relentlessly climbing and keeping up with the roid gains. An excellent performance.

10) NewDawn - like 1up, they have been hit from about PT200 consistently, as they were at 1up's side for much of last round, and have been blamed by some anti-1up propaganda as handing the round to 1up.

I hope these descriptions are acceptable to most.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 11:25   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokra
I've had a search with my super duper mod powers and cant find a Garshaw on the forums, so i'm not sure why it wont let you sign up. Seeing as you've been away so long i would guess your nick got lost in the purge we had several rounds ago. The best thing to do is to PM JammyJim either through these forums or on irc. You'll find him in #forums, possibly using the nick JJ.

I cant think of any reason why you shouldnt be able to have your old nick, the forums must just be playing up .
Unread 8 May 2005, 11:48   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And as for politics, current T10 alliances are:

1) Wolfpack - had a good round so far but got to first with little resistance. Now they're getting stuck in.

2) eXilition - new for this round, includes many Dragons/LDK apparently. Currently by far the most impressive.

3) NoS - Seem to have had very little concerted incoming. One might suggest they have 'deals'. But, they're carrying a strong pace and have pulled themselves together well after last round was a bit of a disaster.

4) LCH - a lot of Elysium there, I believe. A top tier alliance IMO.

5) HowlingRain - WP splinter, I think. Are slipping down the table now that they and WP are getting hit relentlessly.

6) Tides of Fire - a splinter/remerge episode led to ToF. Came from Valhalla, an alliance which turned up out of nowhere, recruited a lot of newbies and has really pulled together into something special over the last few rounds. Slipping down the table now they're getting hit lots.

7) Angels - The core of FAnG. Got involved temporarily in the block war but got hammered and withdrew with some comical PR. Nontheless, they're another top tier alliance in terms of quality and are steaming up the ranks.

8) 1up - formed by Synthetic_Sid and others (mazz \o/) for round 11. Won 11 and 12, and have been hammered from about PT200 this round and have slipped down quite a bit.

9) Veneratio - another newish alliance, have yet to receive consistently heavy incomings, but like NoS have been relentlessly climbing and keeping up with the roid gains. An excellent performance.

10) NewDawn - like 1up, they have been hit from about PT200 consistently, as they were at 1up's side for much of last round, and have been blamed by some anti-1up propaganda as handing the round to 1up.

I hope these descriptions are acceptable to most.
IMO what gate failed to mention was that its not just the top 10 alliances that are competitive. We have Vengeance and ToT in spots #11 and #12 respectively, and alliances such as ROCK, SiN, hirr, VsN and APA which are all alliances that provide a challenge in this round, and rounds that have been and gone.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 13:25   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Idd. SiN may have a small memberbase, but are average is good and we have a solid, efficent core. Watch out in the future
Unread 9 May 2005, 01:28   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Well?

I am still around. As is Sid. Hobbie nolonger plays PA and hasn't for awhile - he's got a kid and stuff now.

Sid is in charge of an alliance called 1up, which I'm a member of (though with a rank of 'Official Mascot' for the tongue-in-cheek). I'm pretty much only around because Sid still tolerates me :P

1up was created in r11 as Sid felt he could win the game without a block and by the skills of a single alliance. The discipline and professionality of alliances at that point seemed to have died away. Sid himself finished top 10 in r10.5 whilst under a fake nick within Wolfpack (Not even WP knew who he was till the end) and that was on the 'losing side' to a rather uneven/unbalanced block war which FAnG/MISTU/Phraktos won.

1up to cut it short, won r11 with flying colours. For r12 1up were to be 'kingmakers' rather than kings - and (un)fortunately our plan went abit wrong and we ended up winning that round with nearly a third less members than LCH (We had 59 members). Although we couldn't have done it without the help of alliances like ND and LCH (who consequentially were the ones to decide the round altering decision in who to target out of 1up and ND).

R11-http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Round_11:Planet_Rankings
R12- http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...Alliance_Ranks

For some reason, there isnt a r11 alliance ranking on jesters wiki.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 06:23   #9
antheon

antheon will become famous soon enoughantheon will become famous soon enough

I just re-joined after retiring for a while. Its going good so far. . . of course I am only 2-ticks in but I like what I am seeing.
antheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 09:12   #10
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough

Welcome back Garshaw
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 13:29   #11
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I believe since we dont know exactly your concept of what would be fun for you on playing this game, and maybe you dont know all those elements, i think you should try and say yourself. If you dont like, you can always leave ur acc and just saty around on IRC. You will see lots of people complaining about bored or "the game is over" but if was true they just wouldnt be there. Enjoy the game, new PA is another game and more and more ppl thinks a better one ( on game concept )

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 13:54   #12
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

It Is worth coming back m8 just dont choose carth race this round

And whoever neg repped me this :

" Would you like some cheese with your whine?"
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 15:23   #13
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well?

Rnds 2-6 played, and none of the rest

What round are you guys on anyway? I didn't even know PA was still in existance! I'd like to rejoin but I'll wait til the next round starts.

I feel so old! I don't know where to begin! Can anyone give me a somewhat detailed over-view of the alliances and how things are working out politically?

Who's left? How many people play now?

What's the IRC address?

- Garshaw
I seem to remember you got kicked from the alliance you formed?

Anyways, PA is still pretty fun and it is worth playing.
Unread 14 May 2005, 23:05   #14
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

I used to play PA alot a few years back but then i switched to playing it part time to give me somethin to do when the misses was watching eastenders and all that rubbish.

I came back this round to play properly at first it took a while to get use to some of the changes but it has proven to be fun and more enjoyable then when i first started to play.

I would say its good to come back just need the higher player base again for added fun!
Unread 15 May 2005, 00:13   #15
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Are you the Tokra HC who who smoked the ever green grass and reliesed the cords of the entire alliance on the forums and blaimed it on your room mate when you "sobered" up?
Unread 15 May 2005, 19:34   #16
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I think he meant the thread owner

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:07   #17
baby

baby is infamous around these partsbaby is infamous around these parts

Would def. say it was worth coming back.. played rounds 1-4 I think.. then rejoined half way through for this one. Forgot i even existed to be truthful :S

A number of changes left me floundering for a bit.. but, yes, very enjoyable. Can't wait for the next round, when I'll try aand get a paid account
baby is offline   Reply With Quote