User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Jan 2005, 03:24   #51
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Re: LCH/1up Galaxy Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator

what a stupid post by you.....
Where in hell is the stupid part post? He's simply telling a story, not emotionally commenting on them.

My advise to you Legator, stop being bitter and big egoed - as if you're important. This is about an "internet web-based static game for kids", dont get too stressed and swear heavy words. Life is good, smile and laugh some more like prestel and Desse
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 03:36   #52
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
When someone joins my galaxy, they agree to go by my rules, or fce the consequences.

I joined a galaxy randomly this round, and gave them a choice of kicking me, or following me. They chose to follow, thus they chose to follow the rules as laid down by me.

When the LCH attacked 1up, I had him twatted.

Not cause I didnt want my galaxy protection.

It was because I wanted my alliance to win. At the end of the day, anyone in my galaxy can be told not to defend me at any time, whilst my alliance will always be there for me.

They had the choice. They knew the consequences.

Big headed? Yes.
Fair? Most certainly.

Lol.

I remember you having 250+ roids and ranked 250++ at mid-round. Being in your galmates shoes, it would be pretty daft to follow you from that point on.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 03:37   #53
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Where in hell is the stupid part post? He's simply telling a story, not emotionally commenting on them.

My advise to you Legator, stop being bitter and big egoed - as if you're important. This is about an "internet web-based static game for kids", dont get too stressed and swear heavy words. Life is good, smile and laugh some more like prestel and Desse
You win Legator at the Internet tbfh.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 09:09   #54
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

It wasn't a stupid post but it was a supremely pathetic one. The insinuation was clear that the 1up player was "evul" for not defending his hostile gal mates. It takes a particular kind of genius to think that that a player from 1up will defend hostile alliances against friendly ones.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 09:56   #55
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

i never said the others only defended each other. what a stupid read by you

i wasn't actually intending to say anyone is evil etc., and i didn't mean it as a flame or anything, rather as a comment on Forest's "they could be told not to defend me". in fact i defended against HCs of my alli before when they attacked my gal and i didn't follow orders to recall.

i really don't like people calling me stupid just because they don't understand what i'm saying.

Last edited by Envious; 7 Jan 2005 at 10:02.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 10:07   #56
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious

in fact i defended against HCs of my alli before when they attacked my gal and i didn't follow orders to recall.
If you were permitted to carry on playing in that alliance then your HC's "lack the sack".

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 10:11   #57
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Thats exactly what you said:

Quote:
There was only one player who ever refused to defend ingal and even recalled a def on order of his HC. That was the 1up member.
The only thing that can be derived from this statement is that the rest of the galaxy defended each other and the 1up didn't.

Quote:
i really don't like people calling me stupid just because they don't understand what i'm saying.
I'm not sure he's justified in calling you "stupid" but you're hardly adding a sparkling angle to the discussion and it seems he understood perfectly what you were saying.

Quote:
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 11:29   #58
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i never said iam important.....

and about the sad one....i dont need to comment on that....it are the people like you who are all whining about 1up all the time - and on same time they used 1up for their own good whiles betraying their own side/alliance. - thats the sad and bitter part.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 11:32   #59
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i wasn't actually intending to say anyone is evil etc., and i didn't mean it as a flame or anything, rather as a comment on Forest's "they could be told not to defend me". in fact i defended against HCs of my alli before when they attacked my gal and i didn't follow orders to recall.

i said it was a stupid post, i DIDNT say that you are stupid.....(so much about reading)

you implied with your thread (atleast that i felt) that the 1up guy was the evil one, and that was your intention. you just overlooked the fact, that he wasnt allowed to defend you and your mates and that hasnt to do with 1up. That are normal alliance-policies.

and that i was pointing out.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 12:01   #60
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
If you were permitted to carry on playing in that alliance then your HC's "lack the sack".
If your alliance thinks it's ok to weaken the defenders i depend upon (= my gal), then i am glad that alliance is not mine and my HC's "lack the sack". Btw i got defence from an Absolute member in my gal against Abso incoming. . Yes ok no need to reply with the current state of that particular alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Thats exactly what you said
No. I said the 1up player was the only one who refused to defend ingal. In fact he got ingal def several times from the others, so it's not true they only defended each other and i never said that.

He also defended the others several times, and there was nothing in my post that said he NEVER defended. I never meant to picture him as evil, actually i enjoyed playing with him most of the time.

Sorry for repeating myself: My post was only about Forest saying "they could be ordered not to defend me" while the only alliance i experienced that from (this round) was his own.

Last edited by Envious; 7 Jan 2005 at 12:10.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:10   #61
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

Damn all this bitterness from the winning alliance... hahaha... Surely this will lead to a "fun" r13
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:23   #62
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
i never said iam important.....

and about the sad one....i dont need to comment on that....it are the people like you who are all whining about 1up all the time - and on same time they used 1up for their own good whiles betraying their own side/alliance. - thats the sad and bitter part.
get a clue. who the hell are you to judge someone on how he prefers to play an internet spare-time game called planetarion.

To give you a few hint how i wanted and did played r12 from tick zero to make it fun for my part and at the same time, playing competetively but not alliance-oriented like i always am.: i dont play for any alliance, i play for my planet and close mates (like 9.5 and r11) - the hell with alliances, i just join one for defense. I thoroughly enjoyed every round, try it. .

now go figure and pls take back what you just accused me of.

Now, as for my advise. Dont take stuffs in a game too seriously - it might get into your health, making you use words like betrayal and telling people they are stupid. breathe and realize that this isn't real but a game.

Last edited by furssie; 7 Jan 2005 at 13:34.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:28   #63
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
i said it was a stupid post, i DIDNT say that you are stupid.....(so much about reading)

you implied with your thread (atleast that i felt) that the 1up guy was the evil one, and that was your intention. you just overlooked the fact, that he wasnt allowed to defend you and your mates and that hasnt to do with 1up. That are normal alliance-policies.

and that i was pointing out.

Wrong on all counts.

He never implied 1up are evil. He implied that a singular-planet in his gal dont defend and recall defense.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:49   #64
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
get a clue. who the hell are you to judge someone on how he prefers to play an internet spare-time game called planetarion.

To give you a few hint how i wanted and did played r12 from tick zero to make it fun for my part and at the same time, playing competetively but not alliance-oriented like i always am.: i dont play for any alliance, i play for my planet and close mates (like 9.5 and r11) - the hell with alliances, i just join one for defense. I thoroughly enjoyed every round, try it. .

now go figure and pls take back what you just accused me of.

Now, as for my advise. Dont take stuffs in a game too seriously - it might get into your health, making you use words like betrayal and telling people they are stupid. breathe and realize that this isn't real but a game.

1. i dont mind how you play pa. but its you who commented in 2138072139 topics already about things which shouldnt be important for you if you play just for you own fun. then stop commenting how 1up played.

2. i play for my own fun too, i find that fun in my alliance.

3. i never said to anyone that hes stupid - reread please. the fact that you just needed to rewrote this words which were never said to underline your "good advice to take a breath" shows your bitterness...I actually enjoy this really and is more better for my health than bad.

4. its still betrayal to your alliance - also in a game. if you side with someone in risk and make plans and then fall in his back - its betrayal....if its rl or just a game.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:58   #65
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
4. its still betrayal to your alliance - also in a game. if you side with someone in risk and make plans and then fall in his back - its betrayal....if its rl or just a game.
That is your opinion and i accept it. However, if someone is attacking my galaxy and he's not informing me in advance and showing me a good reason other than he wants roids (like maybe the attacked planet has acted exceptionally hostile to my alliance), then i rather think HE is falling in MY back.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 14:10   #66
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
That is your opinion and i accept it. However, if someone is attacking my galaxy and he's not informing me in advance and showing me a good reason other than he wants roids (like maybe the attacked planet has acted exceptionally hostile to my alliance), then i rather think HE is falling in MY back.

i dont understand ?

all i wanted to say (to you alteast) that its normal that hostiles alliances dont defend each other - even ingal. In your post you made it looking that the 1up guy ****ed over his galaxy because he didnt defend ingal....

i dont know what the above part has to do with it.

with betrayal i meant furssie and his alliance - not you envious.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 14:13   #67
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
i dont know what the above part has to do with it.
Nothing. Or maybe all, as it is the underlying topic of the whole argument: alliance > galaxy?

Quote:
with betrayal i meant furssie and his alliance - not you envious.
I'm still allowed to comment on what you say and express my own view to it?

Last edited by Envious; 7 Jan 2005 at 14:19.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 14:52   #68
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Nothing. Or maybe all, as it is the underlying topic of the whole argument: alliance > galaxy?

I'm still allowed to comment on what you say and express my own view to it?

of course ! lol

i just didnt get the connection.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 15:06   #69
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
1. i dont mind how you play pa. but its you who commented in 2138072139 topics already about things which shouldnt be important for you if you play just for you own fun. then stop commenting how 1up played.

2. i play for my own fun too, i find that fun in my alliance.

3. i never said to anyone that hes stupid - reread please. the fact that you just needed to rewrote this words which were never said to underline your "good advice to take a breath" shows your bitterness...I actually enjoy this really and is more better for my health than bad.

1. This is PA boards and i rarely post, i just post when i feel like annoying/trolling someone - for my own fun, to laugh at those serious clowns that will comment, like you for instance . The game is for my own preference too.

2. That's why you're so bitter and always angry - again bad for the health.

3. WRONG. i rewrite that coz your blood pressure is going high again.

4. You have no clue what betrayal means - even in a game. Even in your dark world i didnt betray my alliance, ask them yourself. Who in hell are you to judge how i acted the round anyway?

Last edited by furssie; 7 Jan 2005 at 15:16.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 16:05   #70
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1. This is PA boards and i rarely post, i just post when i feel like annoying/trolling someone - for my own fun, to laugh at those serious clowns that will comment, like you for instance . The game is for my own preference too.
I hope this is some e-penis related comment and not actually the truth. If this really is your approach to the forums please inform me and I will ban your account as both trolling and annoying people are against the rules. Thank you.

On a more general note try and keep it at least relatively rational guys.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 16:18   #71
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I hope this is some e-penis related comment and not actually the truth. If this really is your approach to the forums please inform me and I will ban your account as both trolling and annoying people are against the rules. Thank you.

On a more general note try and keep it at least relatively rational guys.
Was just about to report my first post since I signed up some 3-4 years ago, heh.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 16:55   #72
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
About mid round my galaxy consisted of 3 LCH, 2 VsN, 1 VGN, 1 1up.
All of us reported all the incomings for each other and notified everyone for incs. There was only one player who ever refused to defend ingal and even recalled a def on order of his HC. That was the 1up member.

And with all due respect, 1up won whilst the others failed.

Enough said on the matter?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 16:58   #73
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I thought you were all about letting people play the game and post the way they wanted...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:00   #74
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Lol.

I remember you having 250+ roids and ranked 250++ at mid-round. Being in your galmates shoes, it would be pretty daft to follow you from that point on.

Feel free to speak with my gal mates. I was idd small and insignificant, but they still saw what I had to say as being sensible, and in the end it pulled our galaxy up approx 80 places in the ranks, so I would say they made a decent decision.

They made their decision, and I doubt very much you would find someone in my gal who would disagree with me (except someone who was a mate, and former 1up, who left and hit 1up with 3 fleets. He wasn't in full agreement as we roided him silly )
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:37   #75
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:

2. That's why you're so bitter and always angry - again bad for the health.

3. WRONG. i rewrite that coz your blood pressure is going high again.

4. You have no clue what betrayal means - even in a game. Even in your dark world i didnt betray my alliance, ask them yourself. Who in hell are you to judge how i acted the round anyway?

1. ok...

2. im not bitter, you are - but we can move that now in every post to each other. i can live with the fact of losing.

3. aha.....

4. what else could you reply ?

5. im surprised how often you are talking about my rl.

6. i never realized that your such a ****

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:42   #76
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

I am not going to defend 1up, they don't need my defense. But the problem that everyone seems to have with 1up is their own fault.

If, like Forest, a 1uper sets out the rules for your galaxy and you follow them, as it appears most do. Then you cannot complain. If all the alliance HC that are tired of seeing 1up win would ignore their rules then that tactic wouldn’t work and of course 1up would find some different tactics and use them till people caught on.

I have been back for 2 rounds and I hit targets that have the roids. To paraphrase Willie Sutton - I hit 1up because that is where the roids are. I have for the last 2 rounds. That said, I know when I do I will likely have a lot of incoming in the next 24-72 hours. So! That’s the game. Same is true for defending in galaxy. I was warned off defending my gal mate in round 11(lo Green) when he was retalled for hitting 1up HC. I ignored it and got waved. I knew it was coming but I made a decision based on my principles and game play style. I hit 1up (and many others) in round 12 because I wanted their roids. It cost me top100 both times but I can't complain about the way 1up came after me. However, if you sit on the sidelines and follow what 1up says do, then you have no room to whine about it, you caused it.

It is silly to hate/flame 1up for doing it because we (the collective we, not me) allow it, period.

That said I believe a big reason that people dislike ND is because ND could not have done what they did without 1up. I know they never had a huge impact on me or my galaxy unless 1up was attacking along side them. But I think ND did what was in their best interest to place high for the round. Good for them. However, I have seen talk in AD and on IRC of ND talking about how well they did. From a political stand point my hat is off to them, from a military stand point they seemed average. Frankly, my hats off to WP because I had a harder time getting through on them than anyone else, perhaps it because they had fewer alliances focused on them, either way good job WP.

Long story short, 1up is good at politics (and yes military and intel too), but their politics work so well because people continue to follow their lead and believe everything they say. If you don't want 1up to win, then be better than they are at the politics. With 60 -70 players there is no way, (no matter how good, dedicated and active they are) that they should beat so many alliances with 90 plus player, unless they beat you with politics and strategy.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by Conall; 7 Jan 2005 at 17:48.
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:56   #77
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conall
I am not going to defend 1up, they don't need my defense. But the problem that everyone seems to have with 1up is their own fault.

If, like Forest, a 1uper sets out the rules for your galaxy and you follow them, as it appears most do. Then you cannot complain. If all the alliance HC that are tired of seeing 1up win would ignore their rules then that tactic wouldn’t work and of course 1up would find some different tactics and use them till people caught on.

However, if you sit on the sidelines and follow what 1up says do, then you have no room to whine about it, you caused it.

It is silly to hate/flame 1up for doing it because we (the collective we, not me) allow it, period.
Exactly.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 22:51   #78
Forest

Conall just to make it quite clear, I am personally not speaking for 1up, but for myslef.

In all the alliances i have been in/run, i have done the same. Its how I chose to play the game.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:05   #79
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
And with all due respect, 1up won whilst the others failed.

Enough said on the matter?
Sure. 1up won, any discussion is void as that is what matters.
Apart from that, the fact which alliance won has nothing to do with the fact you are "justifying" your behaviour by blaming your opponents of said behaviour.

(yes it's a wargame and i fully agree you don't need to justify anything. if you choose to do anway, however, please use logical arguments, not make ups)
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:14   #80
Forest

How can we not blame our opponants?

If they hadn't behvaed in such ways, we wouldn't of won. It really is that simple.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:17   #81
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ignoring everything else said in this thread, i've skim-read most, but to just get this straight - your asking us to justify winning?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:22   #82
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Conall just to make it quite clear, I am personally not speaking for 1up, but for myslef.

In all the alliances i have been in/run, i have done the same. Its how I chose to play the game.
True, but I have a feeling that other 1upers follow the same course. If not that makes the fact that people act toward 1up the way they do even more pathetic, because it is then based out of strictly fear of what might happen rather than an understanding of what will happen.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:26   #83
Forest

Maybe because thats how the top players play, to get what they want/need, and the main bulk of top players is within 1up?
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:38   #84
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Desse laughs and smiles? omfg I gotta quit this asap!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 23:58   #85
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Maybe because thats how the top players play, to get what they want/need, and the main bulk of top players is within 1up?
But even you have to admit Forest, getting what you want/need would be a hell of lot harder if people didn't react to 1up as they do. At some point one would think other alliances would figure it out.

If an alliance finds it must go to war with 1up and it has some of its big planets do not participate because of galaxy issues or personal NAPs and the alliance looks the other way because they are afraid of loosing the big planet to another alliance. If the same alliance finds it need to go to war with LCH they don't look the other way. That is because the big planet is not as likely to break its NAP with 1up is it is with LCH.

Both the alliance and its big planet are at fault. As well as other alliances that would be at war with 1up because while they will beat their chest about going to war with 1up they would gladly take that same big planet that wouldn’t break their NAP with 1up. At some point and time the alliance and the planet need to decide what they are in for. If the planet is in for themselves and not the collective good of the alliance then they are worth little to the alliance. If the alliance does not have the guts to stand up to that planet for the sake of its other members then the alliance is not good for the players. That would be true whom ever the alliance goes to war with, but it seems most alliances have decided it is easier to look the other way if the NAP is with 1up. If there were more warriors and fewer vultures in the game things would change.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:06   #86
Forest

Indeed, and thats pretty much what Sid has said at the last two winners ceromonies, thanking our enemies for exactly what you just said
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:11   #87
Conall
There is a better answer

And sadly, I don't think many listened to Sid nor will listen to me.

PA has too many jackals and not enough Lions.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:16   #88
Forest

People are just greedy and will flee to the alliance that gives em what they want, rather than offering things to the alliance.

1up has such ppl, just as LCH or any other alliance does.

The difference being, anyone not following orders in 1up get fleets grounded, then kicked/roided, so they know they cant gain from it.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 08:53   #89
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Re: Round 13 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
In my opinion, joining a private galaxy or pack is like making a pact. You stick together, whether you're friends or enemies. I reported my LCH galmate's incoming whenever he was attacked, no matter who it was attacking, friends, allies or enemies. I knew I couldn't I defend him ingal, so I did whatever I could to make sure he got defense if he wasn't online. I don't consider this behavior more or less honorable than what you did, I consider it an honoring of that agreement and a hell of a lot less shit. I could've sold him out when I knew he was going to get waved by big 1up planets, but I stayed up an extra tick to report it*.

As far as I'm concerned the galaxy is a neutral territory for issues like this. If you don't consider your galaxy as such, or have galmates you suspect won't treat you with the same respect you give them, anyone that isn't 'friendly' should be exiled.

However, this leads to a problem: If you can't have mixed alliance galaxies, alliance HCs gain a strong advantage by enforcing 'pure' blocked galaxies. So I treat my galaxy with respect not just for theirs and my own sake, but also because not doing so would hark back unto a time which I think is best left in the past.

* Some 1up members asked me to inform them when my galmate was offline, I refused. 1up gained about 3-4k roids off him, but those who asked for that information didn't get a single one them.
Finally someone reasonable. An united and stronger gal i better for all alliances inside it

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 12:37   #90
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
ignoring everything else said in this thread, i've skim-read most, but to just get this straight - your asking us to justify winning?
Quote:
yes it's a wargame and i fully agree you don't need to justify anything.
maybe skim-reading is not enough
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 13:50   #91
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i couldn't be arsed to read most of the shit in this thread...

but quite basically if you are around and you don't report incoming on ANY galmate, you're an a s s hole. simple as that, no matter what alliance. if you join a private BUDDY pack... there's really NO reason not to help buddies by reporting incoming if u see it... i'm glad i've never ended up with retards who refuse to report incoming.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 13:54   #92
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

my mistake there envious. duly noted.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 14:36   #93
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The moral of the story is - if you were stupid enough not to exile Forest, you deserved everything you got.

As for what to do in a galaxy, I'm with banned.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 16:16   #94
Forest

Need a gal mate Lokken?

And my galaxy always wins the by the criteria we ste ourselves.

For instnace, this round we were 130th when HR/vsn decided to hit us every single night with multiple waves. And we worked hard, togethre, and made top 50.

That imo is a better performance than the gal that finshed #2, who openly admitted they put together a decent gal with the aim of fencesitting to #1.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 22:45   #95
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nah, i'm getting sleep next round I think.