User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2008, 21:19   #1
apolo

apolo is an unknown quantity at this point
round 26 - races

why dont u guys do a resume of all races and post here?
apolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2008, 21:35   #2
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: round 26 - races

Maybe because we are too lazy to do the hard work for you?

The stats seem to get changed every day. My impression atm:
Terran looks nice, my personal favorit atm. Might not be easy to roid with, but looks like you can dig in to avoid being targetted too often.
Cathaar has a good Co fleet, but looks vulnerable. Their kill ships get killed before doing anything, so not sure why a cathaar would build them. Their emp ships are not better than before. So my conclusion atm. is that they are slightly worse than before.
Xan looks like the strongest race atm. Especially their fi/co combination looks hard to stop.
Zik. As usual I don't like them. But I never like them so I don't think I'm the right person to comment.
Etd. An interesting combination of cloak and emp, with the cloak firing a bit later than Xan ships, but more armor. I don't think this will be a great success.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2008, 22:49   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cathaar emp is, on the whole, about 8/9% stronger than it was before actually. Their killships are best used in combination with emp ships. For example although the spider fires late a cathaar attacking with co will have to freeze all the opposing beetles/vipers before it can freeze the spiders. Or the tula emping zik bs early on and then the unfrozen rogues having to go through the cr before killing the widow. Equally they're also of more use in attack. Cr/bs fleets could end up being very effective at roiding ziks who are defensively very strong.
Unread 23 Mar 2008, 23:26   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Terran has a gaping CO hole
Cath is great offence but will get shitloads of inc, its all about staying big
Xan is good offense but theyre also vulnerable defensively(especially to teamups).
Zik can create a great planet especially with the right ships ingal
Etds are a interesting race, their main weakness seems to be towards the heavier class ships.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 01:46   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The more I look the more I'm tempted by Cath.
- they have a fast attack fleet (co)
- they can target everyone
- they can attack with single class
- they fire first
- no FR/DE has 2 positive results:
1. no need to build medium factories
2. there are 2 FR ( TER-ETD) and 2 DE (XAN-ZIK) attack fleets in the universe, meaning quite a lot of anti FR/DE to build... that's less resource for the universe to build anti cath ships.
- more Cath kill ships means more possibilities to take advantage of the +40% salvage bonus

OFC being Cath means a busy round in terms of inc... an active BP with Xan buddies should help.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 03:17   #6
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Makhil, keep in mind that when you attack someone (and land) as Cathaar.. that their fleet doesn't become any weaker by you landing on (due to pure emp).
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 08:46   #7
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
The more I look the more I'm tempted by Cath.

OFC being Cath means a busy round in terms of inc... an active BP with Xan buddies should help.
But still no killships in the co attackfleet. In my experience it is hard to land a cath fleet without team-ups. Unfortunately everyone defs against emp since there's no risk of losses. :-/
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 09:07   #8
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Cath + Xan being 45% of uni atm and Ter + Etd 36% i think Caths still need to go more anti-CO/FI heavy than anti FR/DE. According to BCalc you need to go like 30/25-70/75 with Cath COs to be able to stop same size Caths and Xan attacks. To stop Ter/ETD FR-fleets Caths need equal value of anti-FR-ships which means almost 100-0 with CO ships.
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 12:03   #9
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
Makhil, keep in mind that when you attack someone (and land) as Cathaar.. that their fleet doesn't become any weaker by you landing on (due to pure emp).
most of the time a kill fleet does not weaken an enemies fleet; in my experience usually they run!
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 12:18   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the race percentages are evening out a bit, im somewhat surprised theres so many Terrans and so few ziks. Must be all the scanners
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 11:15   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

remember that most are etd b4 tick4 or 5. not sure which one it was yet.-

I for one cba to change back and forth to trade..so I just stick to etd till then..

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 11:15   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

in a perfect universe 100% should be etd preround

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 29 Mar 2008, 14:03   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
remember that most are etd b4 tick4 or 5. not sure which one it was yet.-

I for one cba to change back and forth to trade..so I just stick to etd till then..
Amusingly they removed that feature for this round.
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 13:40   #14
Wishmaster
LDK

yes they did. And I was away travelling all that day, so I had to look through my
list of pa m8s on my phone, and phone around like crazy.

got it sorted though..but why o why change it so close to ticks? this has been the case without any talks about it for rounds

made me sweat!

Quote:
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 18:15   #15
Wishmaster
LDK

oh, there at pt44 I was changed back to etd.

awesome

Quote:
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 18:41   #16
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 19:01   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

guess knowing the right people helps

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 23:21   #18
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
guess knowing the right people helps
If only I knew them

fked my round pretty nicely

Quote:
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 23:30   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i had to reset my planet, got no help off the pa team at all, wonder why the different treatment:> also quests dont reset when you reset your account fyi!
Unread 31 Mar 2008, 07:20   #20
Wishmaster
LDK

afaik 2 people were allowed to be transferred back to their original desired race at pt1.
These 2 were transferred back at pt44...

Now, u might ask urself..whats best? restart pt1 or 2 days later?

Quote: