User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:13   #1
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
Big Alliance Shots

While we are at 'remember the times' in the Bluetuba thread...

Who/when/where did Legion, RB, Fury come from?
I know much of the history, but i also have many blank spots

Kura, Syd, Hinch etc...

Tell meh
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:19   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
'power'

(lo Golin:)
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:20   #3
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
'power'

(lo Golin
damn!
haven't seen you in a while!

ely huh?

POWER 4ever!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:44   #4
Galadrieth

Galadrieth is an unknown quantity at this point
Legion derived from 17th Legion, wich was cluster 17's alliance at the time..or the l33t alliance of that cluster...they worked with Conc, and acted under WaC in Rnd 2, till they where big enough...then they killed em

RB, are Round ones R.E, probably the second biggest alliance bar Conc, not sure how much fire power they had tbh, just remember my friend David was in it, they got battered by BlueTuba, then reformed without minako as HC

Fury, are round ones Cluster 7 Alliance, they where cool guys, that everyone loved at the time, well me anyways, my friend Rizzo was a member, having 2 planets in C7R. Rnd 2 they came back as Fury...

Rough summary, might be incorrect, but im sure its far to vague to do that

<Arf^> The chance Akujin loses his virginty with another man, Gala, is 83%
Rnd 1 -=Krom of Kromulous-31:3:4=-
Rnd 2 -=Krom of Sumeria-24:15:4=-
Rnd 3 -=RaekOne of Omega=-34:10:4=-
Rnd 4 -=Galadrieth of The Chronic=178:11:3=-
Rnd 5 -=.Nosferatu Of Chaos Without Propechy=31:6:10=-
Galadrieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 10:54   #5
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
im no alliance big shot im just a peon always have been always will be.

anyway a brief history of me.

joined the game in round 1 a few friends of mine off ircnet were in the early testing groups.

first planet created was in 4:5
didnt understand the game so didnt do anything with it

2nd planet was in 6:8 or 6:18 cant remember which one of the big t6e gals

i invited a few other friends over from ircnet to play
and we formed a little alliance which started out as we`ll just defend each other called FA.

One day i attacked a random peon and it turned out to be hc of the monty alliance.
Guy called monty strangely enough
he retalled with **** loads of friends so my friends smashed them into the ground
after about 2 weeks of trading of roids and fleet monty sent me a pa mail saying ok enough is enough we surrender please call your friends off

i did and started talking to monty on irc. anyway at the time there was another monty python alliance so monty agreed to bring his members over to fa in return for being hc

the first FA hc were me monty and mastah

round 2
ended up in a random galaxy with sahdeeq, wakey, negerslem.

negerslem then top10 player and bt leader got to be quite good friends and stuff anyway after a few weeks he quit because of bordem. round 2 ended pretty uneventfull appart from fa and f-crew being nicely allied and supporting each other quite well.

FA now had about 40 people and was quite disorganised though we did manage to do quite well ****ing the living **** out of an allinace called ARK.

ARK collapsed and vowed to kill us in r3
we selected to stay in current galaxy
and me wakey and sahdeeq along witha few others all stayed together into r3 in the fatefull r3 shuffle we were merged with a fury galaxy containing mephiston one of the c7r founding members and cryptic (lo darling)
anyway there were some mischanged words and after an arguement with cryptic he deleted his planet after he`d already swapped planets to get into our gal. \o/

anyway our gal was sooon top10 with me mephiston and sahdeeq in the top10
mephy a now rl friend of mine got bored and quit logging in once a week to spend resources sahdeeq joined fury and all was well for about 3 weeks then mephy got into a pissy fight with someone after idler framed sahdeeq saying he pasted secure fury channel information into a public channel etc.
next thing we know we have sid and idler attacking sahdeeq. we all got pa mails saying not to defend we defended and next thing i know idler has a good few k of my roids and im back down to 22 million fs. Sahdeeq quit and mephy came back to organise a ****ing of fury (sid namely). he was removed from fury exec position and we got ****ed again.
by this time we`d all given up our galaxy 16:4 finished 100th exactly and can be seen in the history page of the portal. i got bored ordered 300k pods and farmed a fa members galaxy legion members
i donated a total of 33k roids to my galaxy as i roided legion and my galaxy roided me i finished on 25 million and about 100 roids 8o).

round 4 created my own galaxy with sahdeeq wakey meph mortarion me my girlfriend etc.
we all got bored after first week and did **** got ****ed
were allied to OoO due to negerslem and chriso being friends

round 5 wp and OoO merged and we kept our allie coran was a **** i threatened to kill them they **** them selfs i folded FA joined legion end of story

end of round 5 begining of round 6 i left legion biggdogg offered me back as illiad hc was there for abotu 48 hours then get removed for not thinking within the fold ie: i had my own ideas not just biggdoggs reworded.

reformed FA spent all round sorting out website tech irc etc and the merger with nG to form FAnG

and i think everyone knows the history from there.

other things founded official PA cs clan which turned into FA which is now part of the Furious Angels Online Gaming comunity consisting of a few hundred people in a few different games as soon as pa finishes im gonna focus on getting us more memebrs and more games

also about to launch a new ircnetwork specifically aimed at online gamers with various things to make it more usefull than quakenet

but you`ll hear more about that later
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 11:19   #6
arewold

Just read a few of the nostalgia threads, and...

boy was it fun back in rd 1, 2 and 3.
I can proudly inform you that I was an "alliance bigshot" in the 17th Legion and the Legion However, my age shows, my memory isn't what it's never been, and so I won't bother with recounting any tales of those times. The people involved have been remarkably good at it in the threads I've seen.

Reminds me I should drop by a certain irc server soon....

best regards,

Are.

PS: One tidbit which I always found a bit amusing - the winners of PA rd 1 & 2 were both from my small local town of Molde, Norway, and also two of the original Legion HC were from here, as well as a lot of the Concordium infrastructure and leadership. (Someone hit me with something if I'm wrong.)

PPS: The *******s deleted my old board account It was from spring 2000 or something, now THAT'S vandalism!
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 11:19   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
-snip-
lol, you folded FA cause I ****ing left them. and After Rha and finally me leaving FA, you basicly had not the time nor the members to lead it

And Coran was nice ... sometimes

As for FAnG, ya see my 2 months of nagging to re-open yer server and all tech stuff worked after all

rgds Kj, Hinch's bitch

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...

Last edited by PiaZava; 2 Dec 2002 at 12:33.
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 19:45   #8
mastah

mastah is an unknown quantity at this point
omg.. those good ol days..

Thanks m8, for getting me into PA

hinch r0x ookook
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 20:18   #9
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

CryWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just read a few of the nostalgia threads, and...

Quote:
Originally posted by arewold

blablabla
Best of luck on your exams ;-) you at "Tapperiet/Blå" on saturdays or wednesday or ? cant say I've seen you when i've been there at least..

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
CryWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 21:42   #10
arewold

Thanks CryWolf! Best of luck with yours..!
Me being at Tapperiet / Blå is quite rare - it's not really my kind of place. So to speak :)

Are
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 22:14   #11
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
-snip-
/me humps Are's leg
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 23:19   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 19:45   #13
arewold

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
/me humps Are's leg
/me humps back

Ah, the good old times
How are you?

Are
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 06:34   #14
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Big Alliance Shots

Quote:
Originally posted by Golin
*blah blah*
Lo Golin, remember me?

Madina
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 17:25   #15
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

Quote:
Me being at Tapperiet / Blå is quite rare - it's not really my kind of place. So to speak
hmm.. whats your kind of place in this _big_ town ? heh

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 22:38   #16
arewold

Quote:
Originally posted by CryWolf
hmm.. whats your kind of place in this _big_ town ? heh
Erm, I don't really explore the great outdoors much, as far as "city"-life is concerned..

Are
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:28   #17
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

Quote:
Erm, I don't really explore the great outdoors much, as far as "city"-life is concerned..

Are
silly boy ;-)

Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:43   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Are
dont be a geek Are
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:46   #19
arewold

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
dont be a geek Are
But I am!
Besides, city life in Molde isn't much to brag about...

Are
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:46   #20
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
But I am!

Are
might be an explanation for

Quote:

PS: One tidbit which I always found a bit amusing - the winners of PA rd 1 & 2 were both from my small local town of Molde, Norway, and also two of the original Legion HC were from here, as well as a lot of the Concordium infrastructure and leadership. (Someone hit me with something if I'm wrong.)

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 04:36   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
/me humps back

Ah, the good old times
How are you?

Are
I'm good.

I and about 150+ others would be better if you came to harbinger.legionhq.org port 6666 and got yourself registered for Legion duties.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 12:29   #22
arewold

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I'm good.

I and about 150+ others would be better if you came to harbinger.legionhq.org port 6666 and got yourself registered for Legion duties.
*starts looking nervously around*
I'm trying to spend less time in front of the computer, you know... Without much luck as it is
Hm, and the server seems to be down?

Salomo: Might be part of the explaination, yes

Are
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 21:14   #23
decoy

Quote:

Hm, and the server seems to be down?
Tsk tsk.. the techies these days ;-)
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 22:53   #24
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

Quote:
But I am!

Are
depends who you are partying with :-D

Unread 29 Jan 2009, 22:20   #25
Negerslem

Negerslem is an unknown quantity at this point

Heya :-)

Of pure boredom I wondered if PA still existed and amazingly enough it is! Having an hour to waste I read the forums a bit and you old sods are still around

I saw that HobbieRouge4 (or rogue - I still haven't got that right yet) wanted some background info on how BT was founded and it is actually a nice story behind it.
We (original Tubas) all attended the University of Oslo Dept. of Informatics. TheOtter got WarmasterDew, Xenomorph, Turtle, myself and a couple of other guys to play PA. He tested the pre-release and we all managed to get into the same galaxy (4:4) since the registration populated the galaxies sequentially.

We didn't take the game seriously at first - logging in once or twice a day. I discovered after a while that attacking in the morning (05:59) usually gave me a nice pile of rocks. After a while the other guys in the galaxy did the same and 4:4 grew. I don't remember which place we ended on but afaik it was top 3 or something.

The name "BlueTuba" came from Xeno. He was seriously hung over one day and someone played a tuba far in the distance at the campus. He got so annoyed and claimed that he had like 50 Blue Tubamen playing inside his head. We all agreed upon that this was a nice alliance name :-) Nothing serious, flashy etc but plain stupid :P

I recall the nice time I had playing the first two rounds - it got too serious during round 2 - especially with those crazed lithuanians that started playing. Being a good student and such I had to spend my time elsewhere.

I recon the persons I got to know from the good ol' times are busy @work with family and stuff but it would be a blast if we could get together a weekend or something. Not at all for discussing PA but it would have been nice to see the faces behind the nicks

CW, Obi, Xeno, Barra, Puss and all you old Omphs out there - still miss you :-)
Hinchicles - You're still #1
Vaio & Lokken - I'm your biggest fan (you get this irony right?)

OOOOMPH!
Negerslem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2009, 23:18   #26
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4 View Post
/me humps Are's leg

mr galaxy banner himself, fancy doing one for the last round of pa??

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2009, 23:58   #27
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Let's talk about the only guy who had an alliance with his nick named win a round!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2009, 00:19   #28
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

*chuckles*
Unread 30 Jan 2009, 03:28   #29
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, Negerslem.

It's good when you get posts like this - it really adds another dimension to the game when you take in to consideration how long it's been playing for, and get to hear eye witness accounts heh.

Last edited by t3k; 30 Jan 2009 at 04:02.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2009, 08:50   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While it's a nice post, it's worth mentioning that HR4 asked that question 7 years ago.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2009, 14:00   #31
Negerslem

Negerslem is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
While it's a nice post, it's worth mentioning that HR4 asked that question 7 years ago.
Hehe yeah you got a point there. I just logged in and saw the post - didn't notice the date for HR4's post though

Negs
Negerslem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 12:43   #32
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

necro...

edited: geez.. doesn't anyone talk on this forums.. 1st page.. and even the previous post was that old.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 06:36   #33
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negerslem View Post
Heya :-)

Of pure boredom I wondered if PA still existed and amazingly enough it is! Having an hour to waste I read the forums a bit and you old sods are still around

[blablablablabla lots of text]

I recon the persons I got to know from the good ol' times are busy @work with family and stuff but it would be a blast if we could get together a weekend or something. Not at all for discussing PA but it would have been nice to see the faces behind the nicks

CW, Obi, Xeno, Barra, Puss and all you old Omphs out there - still miss you :-)
Hinchicles - You're still #1
Vaio & Lokken - I'm your biggest fan (you get this irony right?)

OOOOMPH!
Peek a boo.. as it happens I am going to Oslo next week to a seminar, so in case you still have my number after we met couple of years ago along with Dirk (Locutus) send me a msg :-)

otherwise, we could probably plan something with the rest of the gang later =)

I must say that I'm kinda impressed with myself for keeping this forum account open for 9 years and counting, should be a medal for something like that :-P