User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Mar 2008, 00:53   #251
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: Round 26 Predictions?

It was one huge salvagefest everytime ND hit 3:5 last round.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 01:59   #252
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Asc
ND/Nox
Nox/ND
CT
ToF

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 02:16   #253
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
And I am really starting to get annoyed with everyone just going around saying ND are crashing and xp whoring all over the place.
You're an idiot. Should've let us believe that you do crash all the time, let us underestimate you. Insofar that's at all possible.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 11:33   #254
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I haven't read this thread (yet), so I'm probably just repeating what someone else has said.

I predict that that there will be whining about someone poaching members from someone else. I predict that someone will find a new way to do something that someone else is not prepared for, and that the "someone else" will demand that they be closed, shot, or removed from the face of the earth.

I predict that most alliances will do galaxy raids for most of the round, and that there will be whining about how all the alliances are shit. I predict that Ascendancy will (as always) be arrogant, and that the community will punish us for it, possibly also ignoring a larger threat to do it.

As to the rankings, I don't really care that much about it. I hope the round will be fun, and that people will be happy about it, I hope that a lot of people will decide not to quit even if it shouldn't be. These aren't predictions though, but hopes. Given that my expectations are low, it would at least seem unlikely that I will be disappointed.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 11:49   #255
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
I think i've been hanging around qebab too long, because im starting to become a carebear about the situation, im all confused man.
We've definitely been hanging around each other too much; I'm starting to become shit at the internet and that couldn't have come from anyone else than you

Unread 24 Mar 2008, 13:54   #256
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
We've definitely been hanging around each other too much; I'm starting to become shit at the internet and that couldn't have come from anyone else than you
I feel left out.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 13:55   #257
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I feel left out.
Alright, it could have come from you too.

Unread 24 Mar 2008, 15:51   #258
Sleepless
Estharian

Sleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
No disrespect, you somehow manage to accumulate good score, but noone suicide as much as ND tbfh. Think part of that reason might be that ND actually attacks the good players who know how to get def that looks fake though.
I believe we (CT) crashed the most last round

-=Estharian Since R4=-
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 16:54   #259
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The most funny part is that your facts are ofcourse wrong!

Did you ever check who hadd the most value / xp last round or did you just guess because we crashed some fleets at your place ?
iirc, ND had like 1-2 top 20 value?
Also, I doubt I m the only one who thinks: ND incs.. damn need to have this fully covered cause they land regardless.

pretty much the same way I feel as when I get Fcrew incs or ASS incs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 19:16   #260
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Did you not read the above post at all? I have NO PROBLEM at all with which alliance Reese chooses to play in however i have a problem with her taking convosations which were said in one alliance to another. That so hard to understand? Obviously so. Its called Honour. Somthing this community seems to obviously lack these days and its a shame you didnt understand the concempt of this post.
I read your post; it was shit, off topic and preachy. If you feel like maintaining a set of arbitrary standards for other people's behaviour on the internet that's your business but no-one else cares. Why the **** is it being discussed in this thread or even this part of the forum?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 20:53   #261
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I read your post; it was shit, off topic and preachy. If you feel like maintaining a set of arbitrary standards for other people's behaviour on the internet that's your business but no-one else cares. Why the **** is it being discussed in this thread or even this part of the forum?

But of course people such as yourselves turning this into an Asc thread a few pages back, or ND arguing with members about last round has somthing to do with the title of 'Round 26 Predicitions' right? Somone sense a personal vendetta against Assman?

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 20:58   #262
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't know, I thought it was a perfectly legitimate post myself. Although I admit, it was rather emo.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 20:59   #263
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
But of course people such as yourselves turning this into an Asc thread a few pages back, or ND arguing with members about last round has somthing to do with the title of 'Round 26 Predicitions' right? Somone sense a personal vendetta against Assman?
We could sit here discussing ad hominems all day, or we could get on with the flow of the thread.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 21:54   #264
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Firstly, I have no problem with Assassin generally speaking, as I'm sure he'd tell you. That doesn't make him any less of a muppet for posting completely offtopic on this occasion though.

Secondly any posts I made about Ascdendancy in this thread deal specifically with their chances in the coming round. That is what the topic is about, no? On the other hand yours, GJN's, Kenny's and now Assassin's posts do not. They whine on, seemingly endlessly, about where some chick is playing next round and what channel she pasted from and to whom. Why oh why would you think anyone cares? And, if you do think it's mentionable then start a different thread about it. You know, so you can discuss it with the other 8 people in the whole wide world who might give a shit.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 22:40   #265
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Also, I doubt I m the only one who thinks: ND incs.. damn need to have this fully covered cause they land regardless.
If everyone thinks that, ND may be with a chance. But from this thread it seems people are very bitter they've lost to an alliance they consider inferior.

ND's never been as active as other contenders, but the claims are slightly excessive: sure, we didn't have many massive planets, but we were more evenly balanced than Urwins (pretty close in avg value too).

Managing to win with a less active memberbase either shows a lot of luck, or some brilliant work by the officer corps who must have outperformed their opposition.

The loss of support planets will damage ND more than the other contenders as we've spent our time building up a community rather than a leet group. Nevertheless, I still wish good luck to Jen and Denial in trying to build a better military or a much more active group of players.

Last edited by Gate; 24 Mar 2008 at 22:45.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 09:18   #266
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Nevertheless, I still wish good luck to Jen and Denial in trying to build a better military or a much more active group of players.
No love for nox or Redemption? I wish them good luck too!
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 10:22   #267
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because Denial and ND are viewed as the two main competitors for top spot atm
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 11:28   #268
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As much as I've been enjoying Gate's wonderful world of AD recently I would have to say that this
Quote:
Managing to win with a less active memberbase either shows a lot of luck, or some brilliant work by the officer corps who must have outperformed their opposition.
can be responded to in one sentence. "ND won because they allied CT." I'm all for great political ploys deciding rounds but I really don't think that was one unfortunately.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 11:57   #269
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
can be responded to in one sentence. "ND won because they allied CT." I'm all for great political ploys deciding rounds but I really don't think that was one unfortunately.
Perhaps. But that could easily have been 'CT won because they allied ND'.

I'm guessing CT were a little better than ND in terms of activity & experience. We were in similar political positions; all else being equal we were a less active alliance that managed to pull ahead of them because of our officers & community.

ND got lucky. A lot. But some of the bitterness displayed does a disservice to the people that were working every night, making sure there were raids out at the right times and making sure that the biggest targets had fleets assigned to them (something CT didn't seem to do often).

And Reese; gl to Redemption and NoX, but since they say they're ~40 members I didn't think it was appropriate in a discussion of top contenders

Last edited by Gate; 25 Mar 2008 at 12:08.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 14:16   #270
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

You are far exceeding the level of even remotely believable propaganda now Gate, you'd have been far better off stopping 3 posts ago. For a start the only thing CT have experience of recently is losing. They are not this superactiveawesome alliance of way better players than ND as you want people to believe. The majority of their playerbase is mediocre and their command is poor at best.

But that's not even the main reason they lost. That honour goes to the fact that, unlike ND, unlike eXilition, unlike 1up, their players do not do what they are told. Their heavily defended, flagship round winner did nothing for the whole game but hit F-Crew and Orbit and the like. 9/10's of ND planets will land on anything if ordered, as very many people can painfully attest to.

So stop writing off your alliance and pretending they are the worlds luckiest halfwits led by a cabal of flukey morons, because it's just not true. They are the closest thing to a proper military in PA today and it shows. Maybe this round shows another but whether or which ND will still be up there at the end.

Last edited by Achilles; 25 Mar 2008 at 14:35. Reason: Punctuation
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 14:38   #271
Gate
;D!

I think you misinterpretted my post, Achi.

ND did have luck last round (CT crashing and giving up, VGN not helping out urwins, xVx avoiding us all round). We also crashed a few fleets and we were effective at gathering XP. But the bitterness directed at ND detracts from the work the officers did.

Last round, thanks to these officers (and the trust our members place in them & the community that keeps our members interested), we were the closest thing going to a complete military machine.

Urwins were more active and had better defence, but their attacks were mediocre and they were left in the cold by VGN. CT were probably more active, but they lacked member control.

ND would have lost if wasn't for the work the officer corps did. They did a better job overall than any other alliance IMO. The little jabs at ND are unfair on the work they put in.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 16:22   #272
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's usually the case. You win because of the people who do stuff, not because of the people who.. don't.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 17:37   #273
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm guessing CT were a little better than ND in terms of activity & experience. We were in similar political positions; all else being equal we were a less active alliance that managed to pull ahead of them because of our officers & community.
Quote:
Urwins were more active and had better defence, but their attacks were mediocre and they were left in the cold by VGN. CT were probably more active, but they lacked member control.
As much as urwins had some good players and all I'm unsure if I'd go as far as calling them an alliance. Perhaps a loosely formed organization of effective support planets would be more accurate. While I can imagine an alliance like ND standing up to an exilition or a 1up or a fury for that matter (lord knows they really did sometimes and usually ended up sucking at it) can you imagine how quickly an urwins exilition war would have been over (it'd probably be over shortly before the twenty third planet NAP was agreed upon if you're interested in finding out more).
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 17:53   #274
Mzyxptlk
mz.

In fact Gate, you're contradicting yourself. In the first paragraph of your post you claim that ND was lucky to have won, that you crashed more and had fewer incomings.

In the last three paragraphs, you proclaim ND the alliance with the best military organisation, while other alliances you put down as worse than you, and your officers as the best in the game.

Which is it? Were you lucky to have won, or were you simply better than the rest? How can you defend both the first and the last three paragraphs of your last post?
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 22:19   #275
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Which is it? Were you lucky to have won, or were you simply better than the rest? How can you defend both the first and the last three paragraphs of your last post?
Fishsticks.

ND had the best overall military machine in the game. Urwins and maybe CT were better at defence, but we were much better at offence because our BCs did a better job and our members (mostly) attack where they're told. Without this we'd have lost.

However, urwins showed that they could easily outgrow us unless we hit them hard as they had more active members. The two nights we left them alone they outroided us by a good 5-10% each day. We were lucky in how politics fell for us and that our most vulnerable moments weren't exploited. Without this luck, we'd have lost.

Both of them were important.

Previously in this thread, there was some thinly veiled bitterness towards ND which seemed to completely ignore the first part. I was just defending the work these unsung heroes put in.

Last edited by Gate; 25 Mar 2008 at 22:46.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 22:29   #276
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Anyway back on topic:

CT will finish 5-10th. Thats my prediction.
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 23:20   #277
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

hay guys the alliance I'm in is going to do really badly, we're not going to contend for the win, just leave us alone ok?!
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 01:29   #278
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
hay guys the alliance I'm in is going to do really badly, we're not going to contend for the win, just leave us alone ok?!
That's fine guys, just tell all your members to planetnap everyone!

Unread 26 Mar 2008, 12:03   #279
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Its quite amusing though, everyone says that ND is shit, ND is crashing everywhere, gotta get it 100% covered or else ND will land.

It makes me wonder, how the hell have the same persons managed to let ND win two rounds in a row?

If ND is so shit as everyone say there is, then it speaks volumes for the rest of the alliances around.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 12:14   #280
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Its quite amusing though, everyone says that ND is shit, ND is crashing everywhere, gotta get it 100% covered or else ND will land.

It makes me wonder, how the hell have the same persons managed to let ND win two rounds in a row?

If ND is so shit as everyone say there is, then it speaks volumes for the rest of the alliances around.
It really does, doesn't it?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 15:21   #281
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

ND won because they have a loyal memberbase that obeys orders. Rest of the alliances have PNAP'ed shits and defleeches. That's why they lost.
1 excelent example of an alliance not controlling their members but loving their ranks is CT. That's why they've done bad these past 2 rounds.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 15:28   #282
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

First round they won I wanted them to win, they have some nice and active people in command level, and they were good to work with. Think all in excessum will agree on that. Also, urwins and ct were shit and napped eachother..which kinda made us want to let ND win instead, or atleast make the round "fun"

Second round I was in no position to deny them the win.
Dont understand it though, as their def was mediocre and their attacks the same... Says alot about the other alliances I spose.

ND has found the reciept on how to win rounds though apparantly.
XP > Value when it comes to winning as an alliance - with these fking WAY too short rounds!!!! Too bad that most what we qualify as "better and more active" players wont change their way of playing to let their alliances compete with ND.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 15:51   #283
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

i predict that Elviz and Wish will get wasted and have gaysex,
i also predict that Hellkicker will get jealus.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 16:39   #284
Alucard
I’m The Thing You Fear!

Alucard is an unknown quantity at this point

well that maybe true but i belive it will be a ND round again be intersting if they pulled off the hat trick
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 16:56   #285
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Too bad that most what we qualify as "better and more active" players wont change their way of playing to let their alliances compete with ND.
If they're too stupid/stubborn to adapt the way in which they play in order to gain ranks (provided that's what they're aiming for), they aren't good players.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 17:49   #286
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
If they're too stupid/stubborn to adapt the way in which they play in order to gain ranks (provided that's what they're aiming for), they aren't good players.
Thing is, that value is still the way to go for top ranks...planet wise, but an alliance cant provide defence for enough, or apparantly that seems to be the case.
Recent stats seem to be a bit more defence orianted..which again will be a good thing for value hoes like me which again makes it less likey ND will pull a hattrick.

Quote:
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 18:56   #287
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

It's not rocket science guys. As long as alliances think it's smart to send 4 or more def fleets to cover each attacking fleet on a planet there will be a shortage of defence. Worse, it means that alliance will lack attack fleets, and thus gains less score the next day. These fleets generally come from the average members, the ones with shit def fleets because they have poor value (thus requiring more of them to cover) and who would correspondingly gain the most xp if they landed on a target.

Thus the alliance loses on 2 fronts although their ~10 top members remain unroided. Most alliances were guilty of this last round but not ND. When members picked (or in many cases were assigned) targets they launched on them and when they were told to land they landed on them. Sure some loyal soldiers fell along the way and the alliance ended with shag all Top100 but they won the round.

Member discipline and competence of command. That is what ND have and in my opinion they are easy favourites for next round. And every round until some other command team out there shows that they actually understand things like Planetarion or strategy. Maybe it'll even be this coming round, but I don't see it if I'm honest.
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 20:19   #288
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
It's not rocket science guys. As long as alliances think it's smart to send 4 or more def fleets to cover each attacking fleet on a planet there will be a shortage of defence. Worse, it means that alliance will lack attack fleets, and thus gains less score the next day. These fleets generally come from the average members, the ones with shit def fleets because they have poor value (thus requiring more of them to cover) and who would correspondingly gain the most xp if they landed on a target.

Thus the alliance loses on 2 fronts although their ~10 top members remain unroided. Most alliances were guilty of this last round but not ND. When members picked (or in many cases were assigned) targets they launched on them and when they were told to land they landed on them. Sure some loyal soldiers fell along the way and the alliance ended with shag all Top100 but they won the round.

Member discipline and competence of command. That is what ND have and in my opinion they are easy favourites for next round. And every round until some other command team out there shows that they actually understand things like Planetarion or strategy. Maybe it'll even be this coming round, but I don't see it if I'm honest.
Callan who was in my gal and ND, got alot more fleets in defence the few times she got incs than all fleets I got from Urwins combined.. and I got alot of incs from ND and co.

ND did the same to that xp etd in 11:7...

Quote:
Unread 26 Mar 2008, 23:54   #289
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

For your info wishmaster. Our xp etd ( who ended 3rd in value ) was out of tag until last night.
Yes we probably sent some fleets there before it ticked and all that.
But he was ace at selfcovering
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 01:37   #290
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Callan who was in my gal and ND, got alot more fleets in defence the few times she got incs than all fleets I got from Urwins combined.. and I got alot of incs from ND and co.
Quoting singular examples does not portray the "big picture" as it were. The middle rankers in ND played for the sake of the alliance at the cost of personal ranks, something not all that common in other alliances right now. Considering ND won the round they had amazingly few Top100 planets. How many Top10 did Urwins have? Can you see the difference?

The strategy behind this was simple enough, Gate has made several posts on the matter if you read up. Added to that was the way they used a lot more fleets attacking compared to other alliances, with a lot of prelaunching teamups and the like. While people tend to scoff at this it's actually a very sound strategy because it guarantees you have a lot of fleets out attacking, where there are generating score, instead of at home waiting for a call or a text to send them on defence where they are at best preventing the other guy from gaining score.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 08:20   #291
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
For your info wishmaster. Our xp etd ( who ended 3rd in value ) was out of tag until last night.
Yes we probably sent some fleets there before it ticked and all that.
But he was ace at selfcovering
I know that very well, but still he got more def than I got I spose

how he selfcovered, I honestly dont know.

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 08:35   #292
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
how he selfcovered, I honestly dont know.
By 'stealing' ND fleets?
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 08:35   #293
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Quoting singular examples does not portray the "big picture" as it were. The middle rankers in ND played for the sake of the alliance at the cost of personal ranks, something not all that common in other alliances right now. Considering ND won the round they had amazingly few Top100 planets. How many Top10 did Urwins have? Can you see the difference?

The strategy behind this was simple enough, Gate has made several posts on the matter if you read up. Added to that was the way they used a lot more fleets attacking compared to other alliances, with a lot of prelaunching teamups and the like. While people tend to scoff at this it's actually a very sound strategy because it guarantees you have a lot of fleets out attacking, where there are generating score, instead of at home waiting for a call or a text to send them on defence where they are at best preventing the other guy from gaining score.
Agree, and I see the difference. However I dont think the main reason for ND having most their planets in the range of top100-top300 is because they have found out that this is "smart". Its simply because they are unable to get decent ranks, or atleast I think so.
While lets say urwins last round, had alot of "good" players who cba to play for top 150 ranks, and instead def hoe to help their m8s out.
I know I always turn into an inactive def hoe if I dont do well

Also, its alot easier to create score from simply attacking as this requires little to no activity from members if the BCs are good because of the fking useless prelaunch feature.

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 08:37   #294
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
By 'stealing' ND fleets?
just like me then

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 11:44   #295
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Hello all,

My 2 pence worth from a ND's point of view is that Achilles is pretty much spot on.

This was a good read.

Thanks
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 13:44   #296
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Just for the record ND had 3rd most top 100 (joint with Urwins) and if I'm not mistaken 2nd most top 200 planets (behind Asc). Urwins had 9 planets in the top 25 and only 4 in the rest of the top 100, and however you look at that it says a lot about how they played.

Since we hit Urwins planets a hell of a lot last round I know that overall they probably had best defence of any alliance for all their members but I also know that it was a huge amount harder to get through on any of their top 10 or so planets than it was any of their others.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 14:23   #297
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Just for the record ND had 3rd most top 100 (joint with Urwins) and if I'm not mistaken 2nd most top 200 planets (behind Asc). Urwins had 9 planets in the top 25 and only 4 in the rest of the top 100, and however you look at that it says a lot about how they played.

Since we hit Urwins planets a hell of a lot last round I know that overall they probably had best defence of any alliance for all their members but I also know that it was a huge amount harder to get through on any of their top 10 or so planets than it was any of their others.
Makes sence though, doesnt it?
Atleast it would in a longer round

Dont think the problem for our out of top25 planets was that they were roided, it was more to the fact that ND had better BCs who organized big teamups on planets which gave them huge score gains in XP. Also, I think its a motivation thing... No doubt ND got an advantage there I think. For someone its awesome to end top 200.

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:35   #298
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
I think its a motivation thing... No doubt ND got an advantage there I think. For someone its awesome to end top 200.
No, for some people it's awesome to win a second round in a row as an alliance whilst for all the "pro 1337 pl4y3rz" it's awesome to planet nap to a top50 planet rank.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:50   #299
Wishmaster
LDK

I guess that might help motivate idd. They having a strong community might be a reason people cba to play actively on in no mans land.

but I think its more up to BCs to make use of the more or less inactive players in nomans land and force them to grow that way.

And, theres hardly 50 decent players left anyway.. so ending top50 isnt all that

Quote:
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 17:29   #300
Alucard
I’m The Thing You Fear!

Alucard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Makes sence though, doesnt it?
Atleast it would in a longer round

Dont think the problem for our out of top25 planets was that they were roided, it was more to the fact that ND had better BCs who organized big teamups on planets which gave them huge score gains in XP. Also, I think its a motivation thing... No doubt ND got an advantage there I think. For someone its awesome to end top 200.

I agree to a point those that finish in the top 200 usualy are your more hardcore players and for those that are first time in top 200 its a thrill like no other but alliances are just that alliances its the people who motivate you the friends you meet and the people who you talk to i have several freinds across a span of alliances since rd1 in no way were the top alliances hurt. Nd came out on top because they did have better bc's in the fact they motovated there players to the top and orginized better battles i look forward to another round like this one were everone was so close these are the real things us returning players look for. Nd this time just came on top i think i wouldnt be out of line to say this round will be even more intense. Good loyal people make or break a round. Following a great leader wins the round

It was said that Patton would stand in the cold watching his army march the loyatly this showed his men was said to give pattans army godlike stamina and make there hearts burn with fire, Nd showed this to there members and they won. I hope all of you can do the same as i want a more intense round now back to the topic of the thread i hope all the alliances bring it this time good luck to all