User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 12:19   #51
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: How many is too many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I think the whole stats-page is bollocks. According to that page, round 8 lasted 10+ weeks, same as the round before, which of course isn't true.

Kal
I think that's the intended length and not the actual length
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 13:36   #52
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I have been told that Rock, Orbit, and Hidden Agenda are using these 5-10 wave tactics. My information could be wrong.
10 waves would use more than half our ally on one gal, much as I'd like to think we can send 150 fleets at a gal, we actually can't.

3 waves usually, 4 waves max.

(we get piggied a lot if that helps.)
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 17:14   #53
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
Then there's the "blasted it's booked full I'll claim a pre/late wave" effect a certain other alliance is famous of at least.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 19:35   #54
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, can't deny it, quite a few of our players are renowned for defining their own waves.
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 20:53   #55
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

And I wasn't even talking about your alliance.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 21:04   #56
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
And I wasn't even talking about your alliance.
Well drop the cloak and daggers and name the alliance your referring to and give them the chance to read and reply
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 22:12   #57
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
10 waves would use more than half our ally on one gal, much as I'd like to think we can send 150 fleets at a gal, we actually can't.

3 waves usually, 4 waves max.

You 4 wave?? I didn't think any alliance allowed that anymore as it is considered bashing and is pointless anyway because the roid gains would be too low. Do other allies do it?
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 22:50   #58
Crowly
Orbit HC

4th wave is very seldom covered beyond one or two planets, and it's only if the other waves are all full.

Not to mention, you're assuming that every wave in front of it lands, which never happens, or seldom. Plus on an 800 roid target the 4th wave isn't exactly that bad anyway.

Besides, I've seen F-Crew pile on the waves in previous rds, mr whiter than white.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 00:10   #59
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Destiny does 6 waves. Yes, we are evil bastards
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 00:33   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would tend to believe, based purely on a jgp I saw last night, that CT do six waves. Also I believe exi did five waves last round.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 00:38   #61
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
4th wave is very seldom covered beyond one or two planets, and it's only if the other waves are all full.

Not to mention, you're assuming that every wave in front of it lands, which never happens, or seldom. Plus on an 800 roid target the 4th wave isn't exactly that bad anyway.

Besides, I've seen F-Crew pile on the waves in previous rds, mr whiter than white.
Waves never actually proved to be f-crew because they actually weren't
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 01:31   #62
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Except you haven't as we don't. We are pretty strict with waves and target selection as anyone who's been an F-Crew member and has chosen an unsuitably small target (Roid, Score and Value) or has tried creating extra waves will tell you.

Most members at one point will have got a warning from myself for some attacking violation and many members have been kicked out of the alliance for ignoring warnings. I keep n eye on who's making claims on what planet and i check every co-ord on every jumpgate from our attacks to see if anyone mislaunched, launched without a claim or launching outside the attack window.

All in all you will not find a single attack of ours where more than 3 waves has been ok'd by the HC or the BC's and the few occasions a 4th wave has appeared from one of our members it hasn't been sanctioned and they have had action taken against them for doing so.

P.S Cm's comment I believe wasn't an attack on Orbit but at those people who consistently come and moan at us for over excessive waves when they account for less than 3 per planet. Hence the sacastic nature of the comment.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 01:34   #63
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

we start off with 3 waves which always get booked so a 4th gets opened and that gets booked and a 5th gets opened etc.

i launched a 7th wave once!

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 03:12   #64
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
P.S Cm's comment I believe wasn't an attack on Orbit but at those people who consistently come and moan at us for over excessive waves when they account for less than 3 per planet. Hence the sacastic nature of the comment.
I didn't think it was sarcastic but your right. One day people will actually work out how to collect 100% accurate intel.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 09:16   #65
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Yey, I got 6 waves on my sorry 450 fat arse as we speak, lol
All confirmed Destiny fleets, maybe they double booked them self’s!?
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 11:24   #66
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Maybe they want to destroy you, not just roid you? :/

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 14:23   #67
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

I've got 9 waves today. I started with 380 roids :/ not all 1 ally though. but still, the last person seems happy with the 15 roids or so he will get.

edit: thares actually 14 fleets incomming. there was obviously a need to teamup incase i happen to spend my nonexistent res or leave my fleet home

Currently - Ultores

Last edited by `mac^; 27 Feb 2007 at 14:52.
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 14:47   #68
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by `mac^
I've got 9 waves today. I started with 380 roids :/ not all 1 ally though. but still, the last person seems happy with the 15 roids or so he will get.
lol, that sounds like me, then again I'ld be happy with 1, I haven't landed a fleet in almost a week :/.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 17:55   #69
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Yey, I got 6 waves on my sorry 450 fat arse as we speak, lol
All confirmed Destiny fleets, maybe they double booked them self’s!?
destiny sends 4 waves, so ill forgive you for this 1. not your point your intel department is shit

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 18:13   #70
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Destiny does 6 waves. Yes, we are evil bastards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
we start off with 3 waves which always get booked so a 4th gets opened and that gets booked and a 5th gets opened etc.

i launched a 7th wave once!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
destiny sends 4 waves, so ill forgive you for this 1. not your point your intel department is shit
Sure.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 18:14   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Either yourself or rikard are lying, joking or a complete moron. Which would you like it to be mek?
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 19:49   #72
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

hm... in my experience we fluctuate between 3 waves, then adding up to 3 more (depending on activity. So, sometimes, we have 4, on most ocasion 5, and up to 6 waves)

I hope this clears any confusion. everybody is right ! \o/ rejoice !

Its usually past Mek's bedtime after wave 5 gets opened tho, so he had no chance in knowing
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 19:59   #73
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Explains a lot, thank you.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 21:52   #74
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

If the galaxy is booked solid and it has some larger planets that are worth it we'll open a 3rd wave but most of the time its 2. Hell we only have 30 players.
When we had more we still only did 2, we just did 2 galaxies instead.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 22:32   #75
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

obviously gio2k mighteh and me agree. that leaves mek to be lying, joking, or a moron which is commen knowledge anyway

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 22:35   #76
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
hm... in my experience we fluctuate between 3 waves, then adding up to 3 more (depending on activity. So, sometimes, we have 4, on most ocasion 5, and up to 6 waves)

I hope this clears any confusion. everybody is right ! \o/ rejoice !

Its usually past Mek's bedtime after wave 5 gets opened tho, so he had no chance in knowing

Well, there you have it -> there is one of the reasons why you not going to win this round.

Waste that much fleet value on such a “small” target!
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 00:18   #77
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

the base waves that are opened are 3/4 waves.. therefor my point stands.

additional waves are opened where needed, but there is very little circumstances where destiny would 6 wave 450 roids. unless your a complete and utter noob like mighteh who will 6th wave anything ;D

Unread 28 Feb 2007, 00:23   #78
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Either yourself or rikard are lying, joking or a complete moron. Which would you like it to be mek?
all of our points are valid. destiny will open 5 and 6 waves (they are opened on all targets automatically by the bot when its set to add a new wave) on targets that warrent it and actually cap more than 50 roids.

so if the wider community wants to accuse us of bashing 450 roid planets go for it, myself and im sure destiny hc dont care what propoganda you spout. all i ask is that if you make wild accusations like that motox that you back it up with proof.

people who say they are "all confirmed" as a certain alliance and say they have "checked the co-ords with multiple arbiters" are sometimes wrong...dont ya know

Unread 28 Feb 2007, 01:19   #79
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

your own members just said you are wrong, no need to justify yourself, we can all read

Last edited by Alki; 28 Feb 2007 at 10:39.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 01:37   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
all of our points are valid. destiny will open 5 and 6 waves (they are opened on all targets automatically by the bot when its set to add a new wave) on targets that warrent it and actually cap more than 50 roids.

so if the wider community wants to accuse us of bashing 450 roid planets go for it, myself and im sure destiny hc dont care what propoganda you spout. all i ask is that if you make wild accusations like that motox that you back it up with proof.

people who say they are "all confirmed" as a certain alliance and say they have "checked the co-ords with multiple arbiters" are sometimes wrong...dont ya know
I wouldn't have chosen complete moron personally but I guess sometimes people like to mix it up and keep everyone guessing. You stated x. x has been shown to be incorrect. not just incorrect but badly incorrect. The fact motox may in fact be talking through his arse and they're asc, f-crew, ct, omen, rock and vgn planets is in fact irrelevant in the question of whether or not your statement was accurate. It was not. You may think I was in fact being harsh with my "moron" comment but not even two posts before motox's post was a post which clearly disagreed with your statement. Now fine you may have actually meant to say we only (deliberately) do four waves on targets of that approximate sense but you didn't.

And for god's sake alki it's spelt "your".
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 08:37   #81
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
you're own members just said you are wrong, no need to justify yourself, we can all read
my own members? im NOT hc alki...is that so hard to comprehend?

Unread 28 Feb 2007, 08:43   #82
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I wouldn't have chosen complete moron personally but I guess sometimes people like to mix it up and keep everyone guessing. You stated x. x has been shown to be incorrect. not just incorrect but badly incorrect. The fact motox may in fact be talking through his arse and they're asc, f-crew, ct, omen, rock and vgn planets is in fact irrelevant in the question of whether or not your statement was accurate. It was not. You may think I was in fact being harsh with my "moron" comment but not even two posts before motox's post was a post which clearly disagreed with your statement. Now fine you may have actually meant to say we only (deliberately) do four waves on targets of that approximate sense but you didn't.

And for god's sake alki it's spelt "your".
i stated it 1 post later. perhaps i should have explained it better in my first post

either way the point still stands that the base waves destiny launches are 3/4. more waves are opened on larger targets where needed. Destiny is not an alliance of bashers.

Unread 28 Feb 2007, 09:42   #83
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Too bad we do not have some allies of bashers.
No ally that has the guts to say, come on lets fight a war and we will bash you down to nothing.

Just boring galraids at the moment....

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 10:41   #84
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
my own members? im NOT hc alki...is that so hard to comprehend?
so why are you posting in a manner, on behalf of destiny, just say nothing and dont get involved, jesus.

p.s. yeah jbg i realised this morning before i read your post so fu
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 11:39   #85
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
You 4 wave?? I didn't think any alliance allowed that anymore as it is considered bashing and is pointless anyway because the roid gains would be too low. Do other allies do it?
Since when is 4 waving bashing. Please point out where that is defined..... And it isnt pointless on big planets. It is actually a good tactic to drain defense.

Technically bashing doesnt exist, since there are limits to what planets you can attack.

:P
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 11:42   #86
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a planet with 4+ F-Crew waves this morning! Tsk!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 13:09   #87
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I saw a planet with 4+ F-Crew waves this morning! Tsk!
Strange as I have checked and double checked all the jumpgates and there's not a single attack with more than 3 waves from us. If you really think your intels right then supply me with the the planet being attacked and a jumpgate with the co-ords in either an IRC or forum pm and I'll look into it but i can tell you its not on an official F-Crew attack or any other attack where Jumpgate scans have been done by an alliance scanner or any member sharing scans
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:12   #88
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Strange as I have checked and double checked all the jumpgates and there's not a single attack with more than 3 waves from us. If you really think your intels right then supply me with the the planet being attacked and a jumpgate with the co-ords in either an IRC or forum pm and I'll look into it but i can tell you its not on an official F-Crew attack or any other attack where Jumpgate scans have been done by an alliance scanner or any member sharing scans
I find it amazing that there are so many independant reports about F-Crew doing more than 3 waves, and each time someone from F-Crew responds almost immediately with a well written denial...
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:18   #89
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Think its funny when people talk about "bashing" 450 roid planets.
My personal record this round was 5 or 6 waves when i had 200 roids, and the last "wave" i got was only 3-4, but then i had a whopping 150 roids

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:22   #90
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I find it amazing that there are so many independant reports about F-Crew doing more than 3 waves, and each time someone from F-Crew responds almost immediately with a well written denial...
I think it could be because the intel on us is not great. 75%+ of our attacks this round have been piggied so it is very understandable if you use this method to work it out.

We do have a level of membership turnover as well. Links from past members to non members could be made and assigned to F-crew. Again this would lead to incorrect intel.

Why are so many people so sure their intel is 100%? It has never been confirmed. I have made this offer to 1 ally but I am happy and interested to see what intel alliances are using once the round ends. Perhaps we could then put some light on why we have this situation of "you 10 wave", "no we don't".
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:25   #91
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point isn't bashing, as was rightly pointed out, bashing is now impossible by definition. Razing galaxies for maybe 400-500 rocks with multiple waves doesn't seem to be that efficient when alliances have the obvious capacity to smother a bigger galaxy, get more rocks at a higher rate of xp. And stretch their opposition. And hurt their morale. And make them more susceptible to burn out. And not make extra people mad at you unnecessarily. I just see these raids and think people could play better.
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:26   #92
Alki
Drink is Good

Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:37   #93
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
While orbit have a history of it in the past
Can i just stop you there Wakey?? To my knowledge you are the only one to ever acuse Orbit of bashing, then when this http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190692 came up... (insert witty and sarcastic end to this sentence cos i cba, knowing your going to pull your famous "No not me, it wasnt us, show me proof/intel/DNA evidence stunt)

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 14:37   #94
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking only for my planet, 2 is already one wave too many
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 16:18   #95
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I find it amazing that there are so many independent reports about F-Crew doing more than 3 waves, and each time someone from F-Crew responds almost immediately with a well written denial...
Ofc we are going to deny false accusations, and the amount of them you get pretty good at it. We don't however brush them all under the carpet, we take every accusation seriously and when they supply us with the information we check it out and take action against the member if its found to be true.

The problem is most reports are false, often alot of the waves are not ours but another alliance whos also booked the galaxy and its fairly common for the reports to be about galaxies we don't even have members attacking. We do check our jumpgates for anyone 4th waving, we also check for people attacking planets that they shouldn't be and we give members warnings and have even kicked a fair few for repeatedly doing it.

When it is one of our members doing it, we have and do hold our hands up, but unless its an attack the command don't know about (which if/when stoom lets us know where this supposedly took place we will know for sure) this isn't one of these cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrazer
Can i just stop you there Wakey?? To my knowledge you are the only one to ever acuse Orbit of bashing, then when this http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190692 came up... (insert witty and sarcastic end to this sentence cos i cba, knowing your going to pull your famous "No not me, it wasnt us, show me proof/intel/DNA evidence stunt)
Actually Orbit HC of the past have freely admitted to mass waving planets. When a party admits to something its no longer an accusation but a fact. And if you really want to pick a fight with me for stating that while you used to do it, it now seems that you don't. You just end up looking foolish in the same way Mek has by making statements that others have already discredited before you have even made them

And the simmons situation you have posted is as far as I know (could never fully confirm it as he wouldn't supply us with the info so we could double check) it was sour grapes. He got multiple warnings from myself when he was a member, so many infact that he was told that one more infraction and we would kick him (he took the option to leave at that point rather than be kicked)

Theres a saying that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and its something I have always taken on board. If i have raised something as a problem or an issue in the game or community even if it was just passing I have always been vigilant in ensuring we dont encourage or support these actions
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 16:43   #96
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

I personally as a planet like 7 waving people.
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 17:15   #97
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
I think it could be because the intel on us is not great. 75%+ of our attacks this round have been piggied so it is very understandable if you use this method to work it out.
See what they do is after a jpg and realizing that there are more than 3 waves on that target, they check 1 or 2 coords are F-Crew, of those 6, 7 or 8 waves, it's automatically assumed that "oh ahhhahh hhhehheh heh F-cReW bAsHiNg NyHhhshhaehh heh..."

It is a small universe though and it's imperative for everyone to become aware of how small the universe is and there is a huge chance that 2 or more alliances will have the same gal raid targets. This "ohmywtfpwninggoddamn!!! F-cReW bAsHinG nyahhehhahhahhha" bullshit is what it is - Bullshit.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 17:20   #98
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

apparently the same happens to me.. they see me and assume my planet is the other 6 waves aswell , but usually they are using the super accurate TGV arbiter at that point which apparently lists me as the player for all the planets :-/
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 17:58   #99
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
apparently the same happens to me.. they see me and assume my planet is the other 6 waves aswell , but usually they are using the super accurate TGV arbiter at that point which apparently lists me as the player for all the planets :-/
Clearly made by Cedlind.
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 19:56   #100
Ali
Subh HC

Either that or I hacked PA for 7 fleet slots :-/