User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2007, 13:29   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Fallout 3

If you've been following the development of Fallout 3 then you'll know that information has slowly been trickling out about it over the last few months. First we had the news that Bethesda have bought the license off of Interplay. Then we were told that Liam Neeson was starring in it. Then we were shown some artwork. Then we were given a teaser trailer. But we still hadn't been shown anything substantial about the game.

Until now that is.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/800/800570p1.html

After reading the preview I'm still not sure what to think of this game. On the one hand I'm excited that they're even making it but on the other hand they go on about nuclear powered cars, rocket launchers that fire mini nuclear weapons and super mutants in the Tube.

The story looks more or less promising. Unfortunately it's set in Washington DC and not in California but I guess that allows Bethesda to do more their own thing. Also the idea of leaving the Vault to find your missing father seems a bit basic but hopefully there will be more intrigue as the story develops.

I haven't played Oblivion but they seem to have addressed many of the issues that people didn't like about Oblivion in Fallout 3. So that's something at least.

One thing that did surprise me is that they mention that the game won't require Direct X 10. I would have thought that a game scheduled for release in autumn 2008 wouldn't support DX9.

If it turns out to be a good game it might just be the excuse I need to upgrade my ageing PC. Then again maybe I'll wait for when they release nuclear powered PSU's.
Unread 2 Jul 2007, 14:00   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fallout 3

Some of the stuff about the game is profoundly stupid ("All gory deaths in the game will be shown in slow motion"), and I'm not convinced that they're making it sufficiently different from Oblivion, which was fatally flawed in a huge number of ways that they haven't addressed yet.

We'll see, though.

(It being DX9 compatible isn't that strange, especially given that it's based on the Oblivion engine)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2007, 17:12   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fallout 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
First we had the news that Bethesda have bought the license off of Interplay.

"off of"

Please for the love of God stop saying this. The correct word is "from". This is one of my major pet hates.

Thank you.