User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Mar 2007, 04:07   #1
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
'Accept incoming jgp'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Channel
(@Voltaire) qeb, can you jgp me?
(@qeb`away) !who voltaire
["Galbot"]- Voltaire is x:y:z
(@qeb`away) lol
(@qeb`away) no I can't
(@qeb`away) you have too many dists for me
My galaxy have a few prelaunches and a couple of incomings, and we're trying to work out what's coming. This guy can't get a jgp on himself, which is really silly, as he would obviously allow himself to be jgped to see what incomings he had, right? This poses a problem.

One possible solution is to have a check-box where you allow yourself to be scanned or jgped by your galaxy, ie. giving you the option to let them scan you when it is mutually beneficial. Thoughts?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 1 Mar 2007 at 04:13.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 04:15   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 'Accept incoming jgp'

If you want to encourage in-galaxy co-operation this is important. Either that or an option to turn your dists on and off would be pretty acceptable.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 05:22   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

being a dist whore doesn't have only advantages and it's better this way.
Possibility to turn on/off the dist ? ok if there is a 12(?) tick delay before you can turn them back on.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 05:32   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Er, it's more to do with me asking a galmate for a jgp when he has 5 amps and i have 7 dists or whatever.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 10:37   #5
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't the "we see spies everywhere" lobby manage to convince Pa it was better not to be able to scan galaxy mates like you can scan alliance mates for the sole purpose of disabling ingal spies from making the scans on you and giving out the planet info?

Not that jgp and such are really needed when you have ingal spies, but i guess it was something like that.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 11:33   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

what about changing it entirly... assume dists block anyone (inc. alliance) - what if you simply had the power to toggle them on and off - meaning if you were online its a simple on/off job while someone scans you, but if you want to sleep or something you have to make the call on whether people can scan you or not.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 17:31   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

qebab is right on...have a "trusted" setting or somesuch for galaxy mates.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 18:47   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
being a dist whore doesn't have only advantages and it's better this way.
I agree. I think it was a mistake when they made it possible for alliance mates to jgp you regardless of your distorter level.
Unread 2 Mar 2007, 00:54   #9
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

i like kals idea better. it actually forces you to be active if you want an advantage.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2007, 01:14   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly - the time at which you're going to be scanned by a galmate (dists off) isn't the same time as you would want your distorters on for say, morning jgps, or evening units/AUs.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2007, 22:24   #11
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

said it before make amps and dists the same crap and tadaa you can always scan yourselve

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2007, 22:57   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
Didn't the "we see spies everywhere" lobby manage to convince Pa it was better not to be able to scan galaxy mates like you can scan alliance mates for the sole purpose of disabling ingal spies from making the scans on you and giving out the planet info?

Not that jgp and such are really needed when you have ingal spies, but i guess it was something like that.
It was pretty reasonable to be honest, I think it was Round 16 or something when Gate had 148/149 distorters but had his fleet leaked by a gal/alliance mate.