User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 Nov 2005, 14:13   #1
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
suggestion- minister responsibilities

Maybe the MoW should be allowed to set up galaxy attacks much like an HC or BC can set up alliance attacks?
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 14:49   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: suggestion- minister responsibilities

I doubt whether it would be used much. I'd rather see efforts going into allowing clusters to organise attacks in-game.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 15:30   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...&highlight=MoW

I was so kind to find this for you ......

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 01:08   #4
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

I didn't see that post. I do believe I came up with that idea independently...it would indeed give the MoW a concrete responsibility.

I suppose that this would tie in with a '4th fleetslot' suggestion, which i know has been mentioned before. One more thing to do with your fleets, it would be great to have another fleetslot for it.

possible use of the fleetslots:

1 aly attack and 1 individual attack, or 2 of each.
Gal attack
Last slot to be available for runnign your fleet or sending def.
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 01:26   #5
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Why not just get rid of the MoW?
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 01:32   #6
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
No what they need to get rid of is MoC...useless. I dont see the point in a MoC they never do anything

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 02:07   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
No what they need to get rid of is MoC...useless. I dont see the point in a MoC they never do anything
I always thought it was the MoC's responsability to set up and irc channel, get into contact with clusters gals & maybe get a cluster nap...
Turns out i was wrong

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 02:49   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Now way it's gonna be used.
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 10:38   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The MoW will have some uses in PAN, one of which will be the ability to set up attacks - some people might use, some might not. The other major use that I won't reveal now will definitly get used.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 10:42   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
The MoC is the most powerful minister there is, and when I have a decent GC, I am always MoC as back up.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 10:53   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

MoC will be getting some new powers in PAN as well

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 13:35   #12
PoSSeSSeD

PoSSeSSeD can only hope to improve

Cmon Kal, dish the dirt.
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 15:58   #13
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Yeah go on..tell us....we all promise not to tell another living soul

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 15:25   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
Why not just get of all Ministers? Let's face it, the only true job a minister has is voting when someone is put on exile. The GC just selects 3 active pple so he could get the exile sorted.

Attacks happen with the alliance, so a MoW is useless.
GC can put up an exile and he can msg the entire gal or put a msg on overview screen. Again, for this we don't need an MoC, the GC can do this.

MoD ... well, why not just give this to the GC aswell?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 21:48   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Does he get to email everyone on an auto email thingy ?

MoW or MoC might get an auto report someones incoming ? (hope not no one ever checks in game defence/attack stuff )

Unread 7 Dec 2005, 21:52   #16
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Why not just get of all Ministers? Let's face it, the only true job a minister has is voting when someone is put on exile. The GC just selects 3 active pple so he could get the exile sorted.

Attacks happen with the alliance, so a MoW is useless.
GC can put up an exile and he can msg the entire gal or put a msg on overview screen. Again, for this we don't need an MoC, the GC can do this.

MoD ... well, why not just give this to the GC aswell?
1 minister is boring though having 4 ministers makes you feel nicer
I hate being a GC I prefer MoD and when I was MoC I made other responsibilities in the forums rather than laying it all on 1 player.

In Gal Forums are the core of a galaxy after Mirc and the GC cant be expected to do everything alone.

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 21:05   #17
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

i've always said that being GC/Minister means nothing; it's just a colour. If indeed new powers will be in place for GC/Ministers it will feel alot better. Being MoD is irritating because you get spammed every time someone dose something with the fund. MoC is nothing special and once cluster alliances/naps have been created there isn't really any other use. MoW dose squat. GC could do all these jobs himself but then that could be too much.... i'd like to know of these 'new powers' tho... hmmm what could they be
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 04:06   #18
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

its true, none of the ministers really have any power, not even the GC, at least, not in a strong gal
in answer to the original question, in a strong gal, gal attacsk would probs not be used, but i remember from my n00bie days that it was definately fun to use them when your weaker and dont have a strong alliance
a good idea

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 21:14   #19
Marneus
Lord Macragge

Marneus is on a distinguished road

for the MoW

i think he should be able to organise attacks and maybe have an option on every planets fleets screen to allow the MoW to take control of a fleet

maybe as a drop down menu so if the MoW has 2 or 3 attacks planned then ppl can let the MoW take remote control of a fleet thats set to launch on that operation

to make this easier the MoW could have a status screen telling how many fleets are assigned to an operation and which of them he has control over then he can launch all fleets by clicking a commence operation button. or recall them all by clicking a cancel operation button.

by setting it up this way the MoW wouldnt have to hassle with control all fleets independantly though maybe an automated delay for planets with faster travel times so that all fleets arrive at same times
Marneus is offline   Reply With Quote