User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Aug 2005, 20:44   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Daily attacks !

We all know that most alliance attacks are launched early mornings.
The reason for that is obvious since the major part of the players is from Europe.

So; we launch, we sleep, we make the jpg and then we hope for some new roids.

This has become too static and is part of the games stagnation.

Players are spending too much time doing nothing then chat in chans until next target are released next night.

PA needs to evolve to a game that gives the players some all around the clock satisfaction/action!

This means that PA needs to make it either more profitable to launch daily attacks or in any other way stop players to only launch early morning attacks!??

By this we not only get a faster game we also get a more difficult game that demands more from each player and some hard rethinking from every alliance.

I believe we can make PA a more around the clock game and force us all to completely change our view/tactic on this game, but still keep the “spirit” of the game….

I think many gamers out there think PA is a “slow” game and that’s one of the reasons they aren’t joining up!?
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 21:16   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Daily attacks !

I think that due to the way you've worded your post this is going to turn into people arguing about the merits of getting rid of prelaunch.

I personally can't think of any solution to what you're saying other than getting rid of prelaunch but I still don't think it's a good idea since it punishes the casual player more than the more hardcore player. The fact that this game rewards hardcore play more is a bigger factor in why more people don't play this game than your claim that the game is slow.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 21:38   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe advertising in "other" places, IE Asia and the Far East
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 21:55   #4
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Nope I want to take it one step further.

Example 1: If your last 3 attacks were launched lets say 04.00 PA time then the next 3 attacks couldn’t be launched between 0300-0600 PA time – result; you spread/force out the attacks to last around the clock.

Example 2: If you are able to land early night you get X more roids/score/value etc….

I guess ´more examples could be figured out but the whole idea is to force us all to plan/make the game/attacks more spread out over the whole 24hr…

The game would be faster and even make the game harder to play!?
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 22:03   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Nope I want to take it one step further.

Example 1: If your last 3 attacks were launched lets say 04.00 PA time then the next 3 attacks couldn’t be launched between 0300-0600 PA time – result; you spread/force out the attacks to last around the clock.
What about the Aussies? I knew theres quite a few of them, that would ruin there game big time

Quote:
Example 2: If you are able to land early night you get X more roids/score/value etc….

I guess ´more examples could be figured out but the whole idea is to force us all to plan/make the game/attacks more spread out over the whole 24hr…

The game would be faster and even make the game harder to play!?
Again, the time zone differential comes into affecet
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 22:09   #6
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
What about the Aussies? I knew theres quite a few of them, that would ruin there game big time

Again, the time zone differential comes into affecet

Well, there will not be any “full proof” system but to force the attacks go around the clock will benefit both Aussies and us Euro players…infact even get us more “over there” players since most of them don’t join since none are wake while they are… and how cool is that to play a game when no one is awake……
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 18:51   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
PA needs to evolve to a game that gives the players some all around the clock satisfaction/action!
I think we need VR suits to really achieve this. Sucky sucky long time.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 19:14   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What about smal / medium active / big alliance only able to arrange 1 attack on 1 gal each night.

Some members cant join in bcause their last launches were at same time?

Dont like the idea. sry.

If u want 24/7 action. u should get pa to add soem bots. that launch amount of fleets / value compared to value / size of each alliance. This could happen every day... to a smal extent.

#1 alliance could get more incs than the rest.

just a thought. dunno if its been said b4

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 04:02   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
just a thought. dunno if its been said b4
Hundreds of times. There are just *so* many arguments in favour of using Bot planets (particularly "intelligent" bots), but the main problem with it is that it wouldnt be 'real' PA anymore (i mean, what the hell is real PA anyway) humpf.

Plus, as furball mentioned in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Interesting, yet utterly worthless in comparison to so many other suggestions that need PA Team's 'valuable coding time'™.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 04:04   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ok.

sry.

I ve been kinda away from pa uni since pax was introduced.

-back to stay-

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:11   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Maybe advertising in "other" places, IE Asia and the Far East
Thats the only way I can see it working tbh is to advertise in bigger countrys on the other sides of the world who will be more active at them times to defend at them times otherwise it will never change.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:17   #12
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

ok, PA attacks at the same time because the game mechanics allow it to.

I can send a fleet out and have it ready to send out at the same time the next day.

perhaps this is the area that needs looking at?

you could lengthen flight times (but not windows of defence) for instance which would be the simplist method, but slow the game down more

you could lengthen RETURN flight times if sent out to attack but not to defend almost doubling them infact so you still get the snappy action, but are forced to send fleets out later and later, which will make for a moving attack window. ( yes 3 x 8 is 24..... stop using 8....)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:30   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Lengthen return times and fleet catches will be a breeze.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:52   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Lengthen return times and fleet catches will be a breeze.
see this is what happens when you suggest something and don't think it through.

good point

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:59   #15
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

what about faster ticks or reduced flight times, then we'd have to be active allmost 24/7
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote