User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:54   #1
mylove
protegee

mylove is an unknown quantity at this point
alliance funds

a random idea i know but what if each alliance had a fund simmular to a galaxy fund all donated buy the members but then you could help each other rebuild aswell as defending.
whats your view?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:10   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: alliance funds

Would be better if you added a tax to it aswell so each alliance can decide how much tax they should take. Like taking 5% resources per tick from each member.

Also remove the lower limit of who you can donate to, so every member in the alliance can get resources donated.

I like it.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:14   #3
mylove
protegee

you could have tax which is one way or you could have it so that the fund earnt interest maybe?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:15   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Like buy shares in the alliance?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:37   #5
mylove
protegee

you could do but i think a tax you interest would be better.
or (he says again) buy your way in, and have a minister of finance within the alliance that deside what the puy-in should be?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:46   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is an idea that was part of the new AH in PAN, although its probally not going to see the light of day any time soon
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 15:07   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Also remove the lower limit of who you can donate to, so every member in the alliance can get resources donated.
If you do that the no. 1 planet will be decided by the alliance that chooses to give all their resources to their highest scoring member.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 15:08   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
If you do that the no. 1 planet will be decided by the alliance that chooses to give all their resources to their highest scoring member.
Good point, maybe not then
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 18:25   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, you just get mass donations here which generally blows.
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 13:27   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

i didnt want to create a new thread for this so i posted it here.

How about only allowing transfer of funds to the maximum that they donated to the galaxy/alliance fund, if they are above the donation value limit.

If they go below the limit they can get any donations (just like it is now).

example:

Player A donates 100k of each resource to the bank (galaxy or alliance), now if they are above the donation avg value limit. they can only get donated 100k of each back.

Note: you cant donate 100k to the gal fund and then get 100k from the alliance fund (or the other way either), although that might be a nice idea.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 17:16   #11
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

i just say: this will make it impossible to attack certain players - think of it
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 20:29   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If a player smaller than the alliance limit got fleet-caught, it'd make sense to donate a LOT of resources to them so that they could build enough ships to defend against it.

Think about it.
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 22:02   #13
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster
How about only allowing transfer of funds to the maximum that they donated to the galaxy/alliance fund, if they are above the donation value limit.

If they go below the limit they can get any donations (just like it is now).

example:

Player A donates 100k of each resource to the bank (galaxy or alliance), now if they are above the donation avg value limit. they can only get donated 100k of each back.
I like the idea
Unread 20 Mar 2006, 10:02   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would be better if you added a tax to it aswell so each alliance can decide how much tax they should take. Like taking 5% resources per tick from each member.

I like it.
Lol, alliances might save up all resources for the entire round and then donate it to their biggest member a few ticks before the round ends so he/she might get a major boost in Value (given that the XP formula has changed) ...

Eventhough it's a nice idea, I think it'll be (ab)used for making the top planets even stronger rather then helping rebuild smaller planets.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2006, 11:04   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Lol, alliances might save up all resources for the entire round and then donate it to their biggest member a few ticks before the round ends so he/she might get a major boost in Value (given that the XP formula has changed) ...

Eventhough it's a nice idea, I think it'll be (ab)used for making the top planets even stronger rather then helping rebuild smaller planets.
Read my next reply
Unread 20 Mar 2006, 11:12   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Read my next reply
Lol, no ... I'm not gonna quote posts having in mind that the user might have written something else later on ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 20 Mar 2006, 11:19   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Lol, no ... I'm not gonna quote posts having in mind that the user might have written something else later on ...
Ebul Kj making good ol' nads look dupid
Unread 20 Mar 2006, 11:23   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Ebul Kj making good ol' nads look dupid
Nah, I'd never do that

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Mar 2006, 10:02   #19
mylove
protegee

slightly drifting off topic
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 17:47   #20
Peders

what about that the allaince founds can be used for scanning.
Then the BC dont have t use own resources to scan before an attack
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:57   #21
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peders
what about that the allaince founds can be used for scanning.
Then the BC dont have t use own resources to scan before an attack
I like this idea. This seems to assure that the funds can't be abused by donating to a player. Just forcing the alliance fund into a scan fund seems like a good direction to move.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 08:55   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As I said above the whole alliance fund idea has been discussed to a high degree as it was one of the many additions originally intended for next round. The outline of the idea deals with pretty much all of the problems you have raised here as well as having features like the funding of scanners and such like from the fund.

The problems with the coders (well coder as it was basically just Kloppy) for PAN means that we wont see all the PAN features next round, and id expect this is one of the things that misses out BUT i would expect to see it coming in the next few rounds.

If Appoc is reading this thread maybe he can post something giving more details on the proposed alliance fund so we can have a real discussion on it rather than this projection of what might be good
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 18:12   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm wondering if I have time to slip in a basic alliance fund this round (outrageously copying from the mining.pl page, etc).

I think that most of the points have been covered - an alliance fund like the galaxy fund, with a similar tax rate, HCs acting as the MoD, donations to the smaller planets.
The idea was mentioned in the alliance spec by Kal a few months ago about having official alliance scanners, whos scans would come from the alliance fund and would then be added if they were a target of say a current defence call or attack.

I'm not sure about interest in the fund, though it should be quite a simple ticker script to implement if necessary.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 28 Mar 2006 at 18:24.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 18:43   #24
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

I know various people ie wakey have been saying that this has all been discussed and is coming but......

A scan fund sounds really interesting and prehaps linked with some kind of alliance research could lead to alliances playing even more as a team. i certainly would love to see such a feature as this would allow people to get scans when they needed them not just when the scan planets were around.

Sebos
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 20:03   #25
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

Well it seems like a good idea but i'm sure it will soon be abused,
and i dont think u can put enough safeguards/rules in place to stop abuse and make such a fund function as intended.

Allowing ally playas to pay for scans however i think is an excelent idea (having scanned for ally twice now) but a safer way to do it imo would be a ingame mail option for scan urls that charges the recipiant the cost of the scan and credits the sender, but only once per url so a black market does not arrise
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:37   #26
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

whats wrong with the present style as its proposed every allie will have an uber scanner with unlimited funds and can scan everyone and if that is the case its no need for distorters really
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:02   #27
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

because giving the ally the ability to collect the res does not ensure the res goes to the scanner
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:36   #28
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'm wondering if I have time to slip in a basic alliance fund this round (outrageously copying from the mining.pl page, etc). .
Unless its going to be done properly dont even bother wasting any time on it, so many of PA's problems in the past have come from ideas being rushed in at the last minute without ensuring all the safeguards are in place to prevent abuse that can ruin the game.

Im sure everyone here will agree when I say we dont mind waiting a round for a good well implemented feature rather than getting a quick halfway house of a feature that ends up being abused to excess.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 02:20   #29
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I like this idea and the tax. The tax rate should be capped out at 25% max but could be less. Also the top 25% of the alliance should not be able to receive funds while the bottom 25% is not taxed. Everyone should be able to donate as much as desired and trading with the fund should be better than universe trading but not as good as gal trading. A 10-15% fee should be used for trading.

Also there should be an option for Ally fund and the gal fund to donate a set amount automatically each tick by choice.

Also a limit on the amount of res donated to one planet should be kept in mind to prevent donation for the win or being able to donate enough funds to cover an incomming attack on a members planet.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13

Last edited by Travler; 2 Apr 2006 at 03:06.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote