User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:15   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

So, the past week or so has seen some awesome fighting by the top allies, and has slowed all of them down (some more than others ofc) and Ascendancy find themselves comfortably in 3rd place now, just 12m off the lead.

However, they have another member joining soon with a score of nearly 5m, which gives just a 7m gap. An alliance full of XP whores, in with a chance of winning, a very real chance.

It is now definitely possible that Ascendancy will take the lead in the next week, a couple more members joining and that would be enough. If they get the lead, is it possible to stop them keeping it? As a huge percentage of their score is in XP, their fleets are not particularly big and a fair chunk will be under the bash limit for a lot of ND/1up planets. Will Ascendancy win this round?

How would you feel if they did win? A legitimate victory? A worthy victory? The funniest victory ever?
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:18   #2
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
How would you feel if they did win? A legitimate victory? A worthy victory? The funniest victory ever?
All of the above.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:20   #3
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

funny, yes. Tragic, too. Like a greek play. This round leaves me with an Oedipus complex.

they should name the next round 'The Fat Lady Sings'
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:23   #4
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

Definately. They played the round the way it should have been played given the stats, alliance limits and formulae.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:25   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

they would have deserved it - granted, but imo winning this way is not what the game was designed for.
Its like winning by recruiting - sure you can do it but it totally sucks
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:50   #6
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
they would have deserved it - granted, but imo winning this way is not what the game was designed for.

wouldnt it suck equally to win just because someone refrained from recruiting?
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:51   #7
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
[F-Crew] didn't manage it .
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 14:51   #8
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sure you can do it but it totally sucks
For the ones who don't win yes
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:07   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

if we win i feel very well about it but know at the same time that this shouldnt be the future of pa.

someone said earlier (Lokken was it i think) that round 15 was a good balance between value and xp, i totally agree there.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:08   #10
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Well, I just feel there is something wrong in the way it's meant to be played this round.

But you certainly can't blame Ascendancy for it, so it sure is deserved.

But somehow it's sad, too.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:10   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I was just thinking that Ascendancy should merge with DLR. It'd be a match made in heaven!
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:14   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
For the ones who don't win yes
indeed, xp whores are very hard to deal with - you're forced to defend everyone they attack since they're too small for you to hit directly usually

( ps, lemons are SOUR , not bitter for the lovely anon. - rep giver )
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:17   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I was just thinking that Ascendancy should merge with DLR. It'd be a match made in heaven!

I dont get it.. please elaborate
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:17   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Awesome fighting my arse.

It was about as awesome as my courting skills.

At least it'd show what a sham of a round this was in my opinion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:26   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've crashed some pretty awesome fleets this round.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:29   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I dont get it.. please elaborate
Well, they're both XP whoring you see. And Ascendancy have just about enough space left to merge with DLR you see. And DLR have very high average scores you see. And the merger would make an alliance that was no. 1 by a fairly large margin you see. So, you see, 2 alliances that are playing more or less the same way, coming together to win the round in the most whorish way imaginable.

What could be more perfect???
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:30   #17
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ascendancy winning on their own?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:31   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Well, they're both XP whoring you see. And Ascendancy have just about enough space left to merge with DLR you see. And DLR have very high average scores you see. And the merger would make an alliance that was no. 1 by a fairly large margin you see. So, you see, 2 alliances that are playing more or less the same way, coming together to win the round in the most whorish way imaginable.

Why would Ascendancy want to merge with ****ups such as DLR ? rly
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:34   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Ascendancy winning on their own?
I'd personally find it funnier if they won via merger. Each to their own though I suppose.

Quote:
To win the round! \o/
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:38   #20
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
I'd personally find it funnier if they won via merger. Each to their own though I suppose.

To win the round! \o/

You dont make any sense. Go to the Emma Watson forum pls
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:44   #21
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Who's Emma Watson? And why don't the people that post on her forum make any sense?
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:50   #22
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

What did i say, this round aint a serious one anyway! ;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:55   #23
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Cos Dark Lords Ascending sounds far better than Dark Lords Rising.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 15:57   #24
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
But somehow it's sad, too.
more like...erm rediculous
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 16:22   #25
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
although dedicating an entire alliance to the devotion of Daniel Jackson is kind of homoerotic..............
Anubis, more like. And since when has PA not been homoerotic?

Besides which, gj to ascendancy etc. If conflict between ND & 1up continues, then their victory is assured, due to the practical impossibility of stopping an alliance of XP whores. Only by the exponential growth of 1 alliance running away with the round can they be outgrown IMO.

I don't think that this is ideally the way we want to see PA go. Why have ally wars at all when there's no point to them? When you remove alliance wars, you remove a lot of what makes a round of planetarion exciting and a lot of the strong bonds you see build up in some communities. It's great to have an option to play idly and still do well, but I would like to see improvements made next round to restore the excitement to PA. Though what those improvements could be, I've already made whatever suggestions I have...

EDIT: And considering my alliance repeatedly loses anyway, anyone dare mention sour lemons and I'll bite your balls off.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 16:35   #26
intrance

intrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Cos Dark Lords Ascending sounds far better than Dark Lords Rising.
yea... that does have a nice ring to it... lol

- The Pack -
<----exit
intrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 16:37   #27
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Emma Watson pwns.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 17:28   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
What did i say, this round aint a serious one anyway! ;P
i'm going to show an amazing restrain here by not lowering myself into ad hominem.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 19:10   #29
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

the round and stats are an utter joke anyways... the more you suicide the better you do

yay for pa...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 19:25   #30
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually cyphie, suiciding is an art - just ask Benneh .

You have to strike the balance between getting mega roids+XP and getting no roids or XP. It's not that easy dude.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:28   #31
intrance

intrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

You have to strike the balance between getting mega roids+XP and getting no roids or XP. It's not that easy dude.
It still sucks tho

But you know that saying.... If you cant beat `em.... join `em

- The Pack -
<----exit
intrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 23:29   #32
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i'm going to show an amazing restrain here by not lowering myself into ad hominem.
My tongue was in my cheek governor!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 23:37   #33
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Well, they're both XP whoring you see
I dispute being described as an 'XP whore'. We prefer the term 'XP gigolo'.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 23:51   #34
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

well done Ascendancy

bad work pa

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:20   #35
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

yes it is an artform!

but dammit why the 1 round that i can suicide and do well from it do i choose to be freaking zik
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 03:00   #36
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
yes it is an artform!

but dammit why the 1 round that i can suicide and do well from it do i choose to be freaking zik
XP whoring with zik = easy

I started whoring 3 weeks into the round (started 3 days late), sandmans will back it up.

IMO the only hard race to whore with this round is cat, cause they suck the balls :P.
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:20   #37
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
IMO the only hard race to whore with this round is cat, cause they suck the balls :P.
Seconded. My poor little 175 roids currently have 2 waves on them

Quote:
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:23   #38
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I'll keep it short. I'll keep it simple.

I'd feel great, it'd be totally legitimate, it'd be be more than worthy (simply put, we are all strategic overminds, thats not our fault!)..

.. and yes, its actually hilarious.

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:38   #39
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yes
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:41   #40
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i have 1000 roids with 7 waves on them

thats an exponential relationship between roid count and waves that is

and that's science fact
Thats nothing, i have 300 roids and have 12 fleets on me

and a galmate has 180 roids and 21 fleets

You've just got to love alliances not jgp before launching, and then laugh as they steal 14 roids between 2.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:02   #41
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:

It'll be a legit and worthy victory, and as for the funny part - it's more of a funniest gameplay to play the round effectively. Ascendancy was being smart in choosing how the round should be played (along with the likes of DLR, earlier anticipation than most) and manage to sustain the way of gameplay to the finish and translate it to a victory. It's something.

I think the victory won't turn out to be much of a slap to value/defense orriented alliance, but rather a slap to this round's general format (stats/alliance limit/XP), by which it's not compatible to an alliance that is balancely structured.

Atleast, in my opinion the beauty of Ascendancy winning rather than others is unlike in some rounds - we won't hear the winner over-rating the victory endlessly. Since these people are quite level-headed and have a good humble grasp of what really transpired.

p.s. Benneh's suicides sux <3
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:38   #42
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold

if they win they very well deserve it - its not like they blocked to win, used mean tactics to win...they just played the game bit different, taking advantage of the stats, can there be any more deserved win than this?
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 13:23   #43
reconverse
[...]

reconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the rough

If Ascendancy wins they would have deserved it. They played the round the way it should have been played with these stats and all.

But on the other hand I dont like the game like this though...
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 13:36   #44
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Bennehs suiciding dont suck, after all he learned from the best
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 15:14   #45
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
Since these people are quite level-headed and have a good humble grasp of what really transpired.
don't make such silly assumptions..!
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 17:28   #46
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
don't make such silly assumptions..!
im sure at least one fits in that category \o/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:21   #47
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some huge uproar when 1up won r11 "because Sid had helped with the stats"?

And now Jester's alliance could win this one...

P.S. There may not have been an uproar, Sid may not have made the r11 stats, Jester may not have made these stats, and Jester may not be Ascendancy anyway, but I think I'm right...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:25   #48
jerome

now, other than laughing at the ridiculous notion that was in itself, let's be reasonable: everyone could read the stats, how exactly is jester being with us magically giving us an advantage than the rest who also had the equal opportunity to analyse the stats?
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:34   #49
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some huge uproar when 1up won r11 "because Sid had helped with the stats"?

And now Jester's alliance could win this one...
I am in Ascendancy, and I did make the stats. But I was also in 1up in round 13 when I made the stats and no one complained then. I also didn't give any more advice to people in Ascendancy than I did to 1up in round 13. (Same policy as with 1up in round 13. I was willing to discuss them, but I didn't tell people what race to go. Mostly I just told people to shut up and ask someone else, as I was sick of the stats already.)

Last edited by Banned; 8 Mar 2006 at 18:45.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:39   #50
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising or complaining whatevz, more of an "outloud" thought.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote