User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Oct 2004, 10:42   #51
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Raise your hand if you miss the old days

i agree with bashar's first post... (couldn't be arsed to read the long ones and all:P) and rudmer's first (fk knows if he posted more)

can i raise 2 hands btw?

p.s. if i want to raise 3 hands will you think i'm a freak?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 02:58   #52
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

not if some doctors by accident attached a 3rd hand to your forehead.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 04:52   #53
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

I think what most people miss is not in fact they way PA was but perhaps the friends we made during that time. If I can raise my hand to being in a game with my old m8s then yes it goes up.

The game was still fun even when I was being nuked because of the friendships... not because of the game.
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 05:49   #54
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
I think what most people miss is not in fact they way PA was but perhaps the friends we made during that time. If I can raise my hand to being in a game with my old m8s then yes it goes up.

The game was still fun even when I was being nuked because of the friendships... not because of the game.
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 12:34   #55
kiora
too orangy for crows

kiora is an unknown quantity at this point

Aint read any of the posts, buy i liked it when there were 170k planets, even if there were only 20k players

Kiora
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 21:40   #56
decoy
Grumpy old git

decoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
_o/

I miss PA just being PA, instead of trying to be something it is not (i.e. a game where everybody can do well without any effort),
I'd have to agree on that. I liked the wargame much better than SimPlanet :-)

<+[R5W]Dread> cheating is unfair
< Kjeldoran> no
decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 03:52   #57
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoy
I'd have to agree on that. I liked the wargame much better than SimPlanet :-)

Hello mate.... yes despite what people may now think PA was a wargame that was truly a great strategy game and was fun..... so many good memories of "the old days".... "Bash a WAC" day was a classic that maybe the people from last round should have looked at for the eclipse planets.

So many good warstories that its a shame the modern PA player cant experience them......
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 11:02   #58
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

I miss the old days, the powerblocks, huge alliance stuggles, loved it. Als it sucks that all ships only target one class now, first all ships eventually targeted all (first and second class targets, third was all) Then was brought back to just 3 targets classes, but one is just TOO few. I played from round 4 through 9.5, thought I'd check it out again. I'll see if I pay or not, will first play a week or so before I decide if I go on.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 09:29   #59
Volo
Freelancer

Volo is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh, this "new PA" makes me miss powerblocks, stagnation, bashing, LDK++ accounts, having more than 20k planets around me, and most importantly, r8 code. And yes, I'd be willing to pay $20+ for an account to play such round of Planetarion again.

But anyway, it's all been said already, so

\o_
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 11:27   #60
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Having put effort into some rounds of this new pa, and having also not done so in others, I've found it's just as easy to suck big time in PAX as it was in the old pa I prefer the new pa because it's alot tougher to get to the top and stay there (planetwise), though as the player base is so much smaller, and alliances are an offical part of the game, it's alot easier i think, for one alliance to dominate everyone else, but thats very much related to the smaller player base, less alliances etc and most hardcore players only being in the top 5-6 alliances.
I like both styles of pa just as much, but in different ways, so i'm putting one arm up and one down. Though as a 'gaming experience' i prefer PAX as you always feel you can claw your planet up to the top ranks if you put the time into it.

-Superfly

[edit: To clarify, i mean it's harder in PAX to stay in the top rankings, but, if you put the time and effort in it's easier to reach the top rankings at least. ]
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:32   #61
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

all you have ever needed in any form of pa to stay top, is a good alliance backing. Roiding really isn`t a big "skill" as people make it out to be, getting roids is easy, keeping them isn`t always as easy without a good def source.

furthermore, i like the current pa. although it has a lot of annoying tendencies, ie. the start of this round, and in addition to that, the lack of players is a sad fact too, but it must be stated that is inevitable in a] a p2p game b] in a world which is at is now, pa or any such game won`t be nearly as popular, only games which get many sign-ups are "quicker" games such as DarkThrone.com (its pretty crap, don`t bother going there and checking it out :/) which are popular in school etc, like PA was years ago.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 22:28   #62
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
I miss the old days, the powerblocks, huge alliance stuggles, loved it. Als it sucks that all ships only target one class now, first all ships eventually targeted all (first and second class targets, third was all) Then was brought back to just 3 targets classes, but one is just TOO few. I played from round 4 through 9.5, thought I'd check it out again. I'll see if I pay or not, will first play a week or so before I decide if I go on.
Yeah it was better when you only had to build one ships class.......

and some pods. Now thats a damn good strategy game!
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 22:47   #63
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past

wow PA is still going allthough its not PA as i knew it.. R3/R4 best rounds ever imo hundreds of galaxys with thousands of players, Hey who remembers when all you had to choose between was wether you went Science or War side of things lol but still the best imo. This is only PA by name now gone has the funness of the game and gone as the community around PA. O well time moves on i suppose.

P.S I also loved the mass attacks we used to TRY and organise against Legion in Havoc mode lol them were the days.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 00:10   #64
Volo
Freelancer

Volo is an unknown quantity at this point

1) The game is bad because there's not enough players.
2) There's not enough players because the game is bad.

Which one sounds more logical to you?

Face the fact that PaX and PaX hybrids will never have the playerbase, community, fans and the fun-factor as earlier Planetarion, and before you blame it on p2p, remember how many accounts there were in r7-8, even 9. The playerbase went down because of p2p for sure, but it was never as drastic as it is now.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 01:58   #65
Llew Silvr Hand

Llew Silvr Hand is infamous around these partsLlew Silvr Hand is infamous around these parts

Rounds 2, 3 & 4 *sniff*
Llew Silvr Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 08:11   #66
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keger
Hmmm.... no one seems to have mentioned me in this post...
I will, shit-head.

PA was a time when no one slept, everyone bitched and moaned, and at some point, you found other things to do. All I really miss is the pomp and stance associated with alliances.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 10:34   #67
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

to me, people are just bored of this game, and so am i. prolly i wont be playing another round anymore. Ive noticed my health going down, i cant get anything finished.. i mean school, work, gfs etc. i need to get a life.

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 12:26   #68
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

If I could reach any higher I would but I am on my tiptoes.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 18:45   #69
Zygon
Too Legit to Quit

Zygon is an unknown quantity at this point

check the siggie, i sure miss em
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 13:40   #70
Nano
Ron Jeremy

Nano is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, my account is still alive

I guess I can raise my hand....

R1: Dont remember
R2: 2:20 [Concordium]
R3: 20:24 [Fury & T&P]
R4: 253:1 [Fury & T&P]
R5: n/a [Fury & T&P]
R6: 3:13 [Fury & T&P]
R7: 23:5 [Fury & T&P]
Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:43   #71
nameless

nameless has a little shameless behaviour in the past

raises hand.
i was wandering through favourites and so on and figured out to look at planetarion (after more then a year of absence. i noticed that even fewer players are out there now a days. i went through my normal channels and besides that they are like 25% of what there used to be or even non-existent they are totally dead. i can idle without problems for 12 hours without anyone talking.
though if we want more players i guess get more people to play it. i'm asking some of my old friends to play and some will do so. ask your friends even if they didnt play before and instruct them. dont expect vouchers for them if nobody knows them. make this game fun again. if possible free even again as the 1700? players now is nothing compared to the 170.000 players (inc multis) we used to have
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:54   #72
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
The thing with old days is, they never ever come back. Now go to bed, masturbate, and cry yourselves to sleep people.
agreed
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 21:33   #73
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

_0/
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 12:57   #74
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I enjoyed the old days but I dont miss them. The only things better back then really were multi-ship targetting, the number of planets, and the graphics(!).

Bet nobody agrees with me on the graphics
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 13:04   #75
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve

isnt it the numbers that made it enjoyable.... attacking with an alliance well over 250 planets... days like xanadu trashing a gallaxy... fury raping your gall because you were a bad boy.. meh... i miss it
not allone that the strict order i miss a lot. what i found ejoyable in Retalion and the early rounds is that if you didnt follow the rules you would know so.. i quit about a year ago as i found that most people lack the enthousiasm of the game there used to be
i hope next round its back
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 17:25   #76
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

/me raises hand
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 17:34   #77
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

The playerbase is the only thing I miss. The game is far better now than it was four years ago.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 17:45   #78
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Bumping ancient threads... *shakes head*
this was nearly a year old until you posted on it nameless
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:17   #79
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

It was created 1 year and 1 day before it was bumped. A day earlier and it'd have made me smile.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:10   #80
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Bumping ancient threads... *shakes head*
this was nearly a year old until you posted on it nameless
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
The playerbase is the only thing I miss. The game is far better now than it was four years ago.
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 21:52   #81
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I agree with Phil^ and The Real Arfy. And furball too I suppose
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 21:27   #82
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

having just signed up again this game seems very different in many ways,,,,
I raise my hand cause i signed up because of those old days, but this game might be better.

Tho round 2-3-4...sigh, thieves and pirates, Lithouanians having half the country sign up with a planet, sharing login info so a whole gal would launch with 30 secs in between, legion, fury, trying to find Sid.s coords :P. Dunno, was fun but ask me again after the next round wich ill play.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 11:13   #83
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
i agree (tho i dont like that now all races can steal)

Tbh 10 k or 8 planets would be fun already.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:57   #84
Goatie
Scottish Cnut

Goatie is an unknown quantity at this point

I too miss the old days. Just came across this site purely by chance. Was being a vain prick and typing my nick into Google to see what came up. Seems my forum profile for this site is still active.

I'm feeling rather nostalgic at the moment as well. Just discovered the PAWiki for the first time and reading about all the old rounds makes me smile and remember the fun I had, meeting new people and learning new things.

Currently running a pa clone I was lucky to get hold on, just a small universe with about 10 of my friends, just for the fun of it. It's great, but it's not the PA I used to know and love.

I blame PA for a lot of things in my life, but I also thank it as well. No matter what it's like now, it was one hell of a game and I'm glad it's still around. Hopefully the people I got to know on IRC are still kicking about somewhere! I'm away to go and catch up with them now.

Long live PA.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 00:35   #85
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

i'm amazed it's still here thought after round 5 it would be dead but heh still here!
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 01:51   #86
DamnYo

Hand raised.
I left after P2P
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 10:54   #87
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm enjoying pa more now than i did in the old days, but then i was a n00b that only logged in once a day to launch my "pretending to be fleet" to some unsuspecting target. (my fleet usually died ^^)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 11:14   #88
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

ppl are never satisfied with how things are - back in the earlier rounds everyone screamed for better servers and less multies and more features etc

now that we have all that everyone wants back to round 4 ? (i just wanted to remember that some changes were comunity wanted)
yes we lost a lot of players - sadly - ,but we have to get our way out of the situation with the CURRENT way PA is and not with dreams earlier rounds. It's like wishing that the ' 70s ' come back ! Plz not :P

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 17:49   #89
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

.o/

Tbh i like the way PA is now, all u need to do now is change xp to actual score, so that everytime u get roided u loose score, etc etc, also have 1 free round, yea cheaters will come back, but have 1 free round with plenty of advertisment before hand and maybe...just maybe, we will have more people playing in P2P, because alot of old school players i know won't play (despite free account) cos u have to pay etc, but i doubt it will ever happen, but having a free round with plenty of advertisment will bring back the good old days for 1 round.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 06:45   #90
titus
GAH

titus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
_o/

Where'd we go wrong?
When you got your Rouge5 -suffix to your nick

lol

$SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE';

core dumped
titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 21:14   #91
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Zeus

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 01:13   #92
bmwoody
Schmuck

bmwoody has a spectacular aura aboutbmwoody has a spectacular aura about

Qazok... I can't believe you're still around

I miss the playerbase... But not those occasional bashings from Fury if I ever got over 2mil... and not the multis
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 00:59   #93
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

miss the people and idling on IRC, chatting or playing trivia while waiting for that attack time or defense call.

the GAME itself was shit, its always been shit, and now you have Hyperiums crossed into old PA to make PAX..... i was done with this game when 9.5 ended, but i still lurk the forums every now and again.

/me waves to Sigrid and the others that for some damn reason are still dropping money on this game

i guess im waiting for D and D online to come out to put some money on i suppose, SWG has turned into complete shit, WoW isnt my thing, and no other mmorpg is worth the cash to spend on
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 14:24   #94
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Raise your hand if you miss the old days

There was more unspoken homoeroticism lingering just below the surface back in the day.

I miss it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 15:39   #95
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

One of the main differences for me is that back in the old days there was such a HUGE gap between the nubnubs and the elite. r3->r6 I was a permenent n00b (and how i miss those days, so much fun), and to a certain extent used to consider people like Mr syn_sid as mythical Gods. As did everyone I played with at the time. It was harder (unless you were a serious ass licking ****) to get 'in' with the bigboys. Nowadays everyone is (or could easily be) elite due the the shit game-style and small playerbase, with everyone knowing everyone. I personally miss the days when I used to apply for alliances and not be guaranteed membership ;( rejection makes you strive for better things.

Also, irc.planetarion. com >>> irc.netgamers.org

edit: the pateam is also much better / more fun than the current one, no offense. I almost shit my pants one day when Spinner randomly joined one of my private channels. Doubt Kal/whoever would have that effect on me.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 15:58   #96
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well Newt, they used to be called "Creators" - The PA Team/ Crew, if you want to call them that, used to exist under the creators afaik.

irc.planetarion.com still works, but it does redirect to irc.netgamers.org
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 22:00   #97
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
1) The game is bad because there's not enough players.
2) There's not enough players because the game is bad.

Which one sounds more logical to you?
this game needs some unique features and fast the pax clones now have most ships stealing and they are a lot more fun. well as it standsthis game will never be like the good old days and if things continue to degrade and become more stagnated then this game will be as succesful as a sega games console

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 01:23   #98
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

_0/

Simple
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 07:50   #99
Masterplan

Masterplan is an unknown quantity at this point

how far back do you mean?
i still miss my r2 thieves and torps
or my r3 frigates
or even r1 when being picked on by BlueTuba was the fun thing to do(no seriously)
r4: hirr
r5: hirr
starting to see a trend?
Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 07:57   #100
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan
how far back do you mean?
i still miss my r2 thieves and torps
or my r3 frigates
or even r1 when being picked on by BlueTuba was the fun thing to do(no seriously)
I would suggest a brief excourse to the late 1930's or the cold war. Times were definately better back then as the chance of mankind destroying itself was a lot higher.

Regards,
Dr. Meth e. Drine