User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:01   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Suggestion :Auto elect GC

If an inactive galaxy has problems getting vote for a GC, it should be made so that if there are many undecided votes, the one with the most votes will automatically become GC after a certain amount of time. This makes it possible for the few actives in a galaxy to take control of the galaxy again and maybe bring it up back alive.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:24   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Suggestion :Auto elect GC

one with the most votes is GC....

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:04   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The trouble with the system is when a GC goes inactive and the players in the galaxy who are active are not able to rename a GC.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:18   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

What Kal means is that the planet with the most votes becomes GC. If a planet has 4 votes then he can still be GC as long as nobody else has more than 4 votes. So your idea would actually make it harder to vote in a new GC.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:08   #5
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

Kargool is a newbie :P
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 01:33   #6
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
Kargool is a newbie :P
hehe.

isnt that how it works now anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the manual
Any regular members of the galaxy will find a dropdown box here listing the planets in their galaxy. You can use this to vote for a certain planet as Galactic Commander. The planet with most votes receives the position.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 01:37   #7
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The trouble with the system is when a GC goes inactive and the players in the galaxy who are active are not able to rename a GC.
this is a seperate problem altogether, there is only 1 way to solve this imo, reset GC votes every x ticks which means inactive planets dont get to vote in the long run and an inactive gc can be changed easily by any active members of the gal. I suggest a 336 tick (2 week) reset time. As it would be easily forgotten and ultimately tedious to do it any more often
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:53   #8
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

I think ppl dont understand Kargool..or maybe i dont understand anybody.
But his point is..I think...suppose in the beginning all vote for a certain GC. THIS GUY HAS, SAY 20 VOTES. Then half the galaxy, including the GC goes inactive after a few attacks. The inactive GC has 10 votes from the inactive members.
Suppose there are 8 members still active and wanna vote a new GC they cant. Because the most votes are the votes of the inactives to an inactive GC. So indeed resetting the voting system, or cancelling a GC position if his or her score drops below average of a galaxy or if he has not logged on for more then a week or so would be an option?
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote