User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 16:36   #1
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
[Declined] Bringing Back PDS

There was a post in here on another topic that got me thinking about a useful way to bring PDS back into the game. If PDS are brought back as another form of a structure it could add to the game. Since there is a limit of 150 total contructions you couldn't have huge PDS whores, so the really big players couldn't abuse it. If in addition structure killing ships targeted PDS before other structures, it would give you a way to protect your more valuable structures. I might also suggest that PDS fire after pods, but before structure killers. The real tricky question would be how would they target. Maybe they should target all, but fairly weakly, or maybe they just target structure killers. Or maybe their class targeting should be set dynamically. Maybe they have 7 settings, one for each class of attacker, and one for "shield" which forces them to be destroyed first. So if they shoot, they don't provide any special defense. The reason I suggest this and not 6 classes of PDS is that with a 150 structure limit you could never really get enough to be effective. Thoughts?

#strategy