User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Mar 2005, 01:18   #1
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts
Race plans

Whats the best race plan for eatch race?
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 17:16   #2
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Race plans

ZIK
This is what i will be doing *roughly*

Engeneering
Reserch, Construction, Mining

Reserch Order
HCT, CORE, HCT, HCT, SHIPS

Construction Order
Res Lab, Res Lab, E mine x5, Small Fact, Res Lab, Res Lab

This means that my ships will be ready just after tick 72 which puts me a little behind but will allow me to defend any incoming on the gal and hopefully cap shippies while theirs no JPGs about
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 19:26   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Really haven't thought about it. Hell, I don't even know what race I am atm, though it looks like I could be xan.

Rough plan:
Engineering:
Research, construction, mining.

Construction:
Res Lab, mine, mine, mine, mine, res lab etc (factories as soon as I can get them)

Research:
HCT, HCT, CORE, SHIPS, HCT.

Though I really have nfi. :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 03:23   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Reserch Order
Mate, like that, you'll prolly be twiddeling your thumbs - i did that last round and core simply takes to long to do - i could init too quickly and missed out on quite alot of resources...

I'd suggest you do HCT HCT then CORE. As for the rest, i have nfi as i quickly dismissed going zik .

Lo btw
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 03:38   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Reserch Order
You get more resources if you drop Core and do mining as first priority. Obviously this means research as second priority which screws with your construction.

Quote:
Res Lab, Res Lab, E mine x5, Small Fact, Res Lab, Res Lab
Why not Res, E, E, E, E, Res, E, Light fac?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 13:41   #6
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

i aint planned it out sufficiantly yet i needed to check wether to do core 2nd or 3rd.

And i hadnt thought about the res lab untill u just mentioned it i might move it down the line a bit so that i get the benefit without missing out on e mines
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 15:06   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

If you initiate to 300, core gets you the roids earlier (plus the equivalent of more roids), but it costs you some ticks of research. For a Cath the cost is 13 ticks.

Incidentally, initiating to 300 roids is probably more beneficial than attacking at pt72.

Last edited by Banned; 27 Mar 2005 at 15:13.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 20:35   #8
Squishy
Lost

Their is no way i will be atttacking at tick 72 well i cant see it.

i will concentrate on defence untill i can cap a decent fleet
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 20:37   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Their is no way i will be atttacking at tick 72 well i cant see it.

i will concentrate on defence untill i can cap a decent fleet
Its such a beauitul plan to

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 22:42   #10
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

oooooooooook.... im just throwing out some ides...

Xan have the advantage of FI ships low eta so they should take that advantage and roid em while they can so...

Engineering:
Research, mining, construction.

Construction:
RES LAB, RES LAB, LIGHT FACTORY

Research:
HCT, HCT, SHIPS, HCT, CORE.

no?

Cat
Engineering:
Research, mining, construction.

Construction:
RES LAB, RES LAB, CRYSTAL MINE, LIGHT FACTORY, RES LAB

Research:
HCT, HCT, SHIPS, HCT, CORE.

Zik

I dunno

Ter
Engineering:
mining, reaserch, construction.

Construction:
METAL MINE, RES LAB, RES LAB, LIGHT FACTORY

Research:
HCT, HCT, CORE, HCT, SHIPS
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 00:31   #11
The Way

The Way is an unknown quantity at this point

Only need one research lab for every 4 other constructions to get maximum benefit.
The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 05:46   #12
~RevictioN~
Reborn

~RevictioN~ is infamous around these parts

im going cath and im trying
Res/Min/Con

Construct
Reslab, Crystal x4, Reslab, Lightfactory

Research
CORE, HCT, HCT, HCT, SHIP, ETA, ETA | Bash core first all you want but ill be gaining resources on everyone post tick 18
Conviction, Courage, Control
~RevictioN~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 06:54   #13
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Zik suggestion since theres not one yet.

Engineering:
Res/Min/Con

Construction:
Res Lab, 4 x Eonium Mine, Res Lab, Light Factory

Research:
HCT, Core, HCT, HCT, FI

If you want ships flying at tick 72, prolly could set Engineering to Res/Con/Min and then change to Res/Prod/Min before ordering ships.

Edit: /me slaps myself for not reading. Ofc there was a zik suggestion by Squishy already.

Last edited by Hude; 29 Mar 2005 at 09:03.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 11:24   #14
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

how about a terran post from noah :P

In the beta i went
Res/Min/Con

Cons:
Res lab, metal mine, metal mine, metal mine , Res lab

Research
HCT1, Core, HCT2, HCT3, Hulls, Hulls <-- no so sure about this one.
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 21:36   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, everyone has put Res as 1st on Eng prio, interesting...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:16   #16
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

im gonne put mining onf first, then research and lastly construction
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:30   #17
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Hmm, everyone has put Res as 1st on Eng prio, interesting...
Surely that is most beneficial?

I'm not as leet as teh mighteh Colt obviously, but I don't see how anything else could really pay off so well, atleast early in the game?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 01:06   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK.:.VJ
im gonne put mining onf first, then research and lastly construction
I do something similar after protection has ended (i think production might be third) - but definately research before protection ends .
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 15:16   #19
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK.:.VJ
Ter
Engineering:
mining, reaserch, construction.

Construction:
METAL MINE, RES LAB, RES LAB, LIGHT FACTORY

Research:
HCT, HCT, CORE, HCT, SHIPS
To get pods as a Terran you need Destroyers. That means you need to race to fr/de class asap. That means Research would have to be priority 1.

Core does not fit into such a strategy. Do it later.

As you also have a limitted number of constructions you can build (10), you will also have to do Infrastructure upgrade soon. You can stall a bit by having construction as third priority.

That means:

Engineering:
Research/Mining/Construction

Construction
Res Lab, Metal Mine, ...

Research
HCT, HCT, HCT, Ships, Ships, Infr, Core, eta
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 15:26   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Research
HCT, HCT, HCT, Ships, Ships, Infr, Core, eta
Whilst i agree with everything else you just said - going for three HCT at the beginning?

I would have gone for two, then one for ships (as it would be fairly quick in comparison) - mind you i havent done any detailed calculations about it :\.

Three just seems a tad high...
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 15:33   #21
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Whilst i agree with everything else you just said - going for three HCT at the beginning?

I would have gone for two, then one for ships (as it would be fairly quick in comparison) - mind you i havent done any detailed calculations about it :\.

Three just seems a tad high...
You could be right. I haven't calced it through with roids and resources.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 20:42   #22
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Surely that is most beneficial?

I'm not as leet as teh mighteh Colt obviously, but I don't see how anything else could really pay off so well, atleast early in the game?

depends which race you play i suppose, tho ive always started with con/res/min, usually does well as terran, which is the only race i play :>

/me fluffl3s the nearly mighteh Gate
Ultores
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 23:43   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Then, Colt, do you do two infrastructure upgrades during the protection ticks, or how do you manage to keep your constructions building up without restrictions? Terrans can build prolly 15 cons as 2nd priority even. For a terran, tempted to push it to third to make room for minings.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 13:58   #24
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
how about a terran post from noah :P

In the beta i went
Res/Min/Con

Cons:
Res lab, metal mine, metal mine, metal mine , Res lab

Research
HCT1, Core, HCT2, HCT3, Hulls, Hulls <-- no so sure about this one.

I had 20 extra roids compared to everyone else in beta so dont go with that plan that was just a testing phase for fun because of the spare roids.

As for mining 2nd? i have never had mining 2nd or 1st for the 1st 48 ticks at least.

Unread 31 Mar 2005, 13:59   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

oops sorry just read that wrong :P
You meant you.
Apologies :P

thought you was quoting a post from me :P

Unread 31 Mar 2005, 20:39   #26
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Then, Colt, do you do two infrastructure upgrades during the protection ticks, or how do you manage to keep your constructions building up without restrictions? Terrans can build prolly 15 cons as 2nd priority even. For a terran, tempted to push it to third to make room for minings.
During protection i did infrastrucutre before the 1st hull/eta so i could carry on with cons. You can get 18 cons with engineering prio constructions 1st, as 2nd you can only get 12.
Ultores