User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 03:15   #1
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
Cathaar Race Guide (R15) #2

All of these seem to be a bit outdated on the stats.
Personally, these are what i would suggest.

Co Fleet
Viper CO-FR emp
Mosquito CO-RO
[Beetle CO-FI emp]

Terrans: Your main target would be terrans, with only FR attacking CO, your Vipers can kill Gryphons at a better than equal cost ratio 61:60. This means that once they're done, the rest of your co would be flak against Spids and thats why beetles are only optional, they fire after spids and emp so they're useless except as flak armor. That means a 2 ship CO fleet which is pretty nice and cheap. Plus, terrans normally dont have that many gryphons hanging around.

Zikonians: Same as above, pwn them with your 2 ship anti-FR CO fleet until they steal some arrows, then lay off a bit and you can still take on terrans.

Cr Fleet
Black Widow CR-BS emp
Roach CR-DE emp
Hornet CR-RO
Widowmaker DE-BS kill

Terrans: These guys just wont get enough attention. When you get your CR fleet up and running, BW and Roaches fire before Drakes and Dragons. So you can pretty much kill terrans with a 112:105 cost ratio on those 2 ships. The only problem with this would be that you have to take out both of their pod fleets which means lots of dmg lost to flak from the 4 other DE/BS ships. But still in the end a nice fleet to have.

Cathars: Probably the easiest race to hit, use your Hornets and mass CR flak. You also already have this fleet for Ter/Zik so if they get Terran defence you dont have to run.

Zikonians: This is also a bit repetitive, but to attack Ziks with your CR fleet you wont be needing roaches. The upside is that you can use widowmakers if you want, kill off that dirty Zik BS even before they can fire, so thats an extra, maybe hit a few ziks that just run away some times if you have enough. But as soon as they start stealing Ghosts its time to run, find some that haven't found any yet or very little, you'll still be able to take em through the late stages of the round as its part of their attack fleet and might not be home.

Co/Cr Fleet - Anti Xan
Spider FI-CO emp
Beetle CO-FI emp
Viper CO-FR emp
Roach CR-DE emp
Mosquito CO-RO
Hornet CR-RO

Xandathrii: This is if you have absoloutly no other targets! If you have the ships lying around and wanna take on a xan, this is really what you gotta have. Thats about it.

Mainly, the CO fleet will be used heavily on Terrans this round, the rest are basically extras or if all the Ters are claimed etc.

Edit: These fleets are all no-loss fleets if you have enough ships to send, the combinations may not be the mose efficient out there, but when i build ships i dont like to lose em.

Happy Hunting
Ron

Last edited by Ron7684; 21 Oct 2005 at 19:51.
Ron7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 03:39   #2
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cathaar Race Guide #2

I wouldn't say it was a better thread than Appocos verson, just another way of looking at it.

Still I am going to give you credit for it.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 03:41   #3
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

yes, thats the . i just wanted to make it stand out a lil bit.
As for the 'different' i thot appoco's was based on older ship stats as some of it didnt make sense
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 04:09   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
As for the 'different' i thot appoco's was based on older ship stats as some of it didnt make sense
Well, appoco made the ship stats, so ideally he should know which are the most current and which arent. Tbh i havent looked at the stats in any detail (which is why i volunteered Appoco to do the race guides this round ), but i assume that he is working from the Current Stats.

Are you? Paste the link from the ships you were looking at perahsp?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 06:55   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Cathaar Race Guide (R15) #2 (Teh better one :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
blah blah blah
Guardian Bs -> Co
Sentinal: Fi -> Fi
Arrowhead: Co-> Co
Lancer: De -> Co
Cutter: Co -> Fi
Cutlass: Fr -> Fi
Thief: Fr-> Co

As you can see, there's a lot of anti Fi/Co.
blah blah blah
Cathaar Cruiser Fleet.
This is a weaker fleet than last round in some ways. It's now not as simple as building Roaches and hitting Xan, at least

Widowmaker: De -> Bs
Black Widow: Cr-> Bs
Roach: Cr -> De
Tarantula: Cr-> Fr (Kill).

I included the Widowmaker as it might be used to hit Zikonians.
blah blah blah
Black Widows vs Widowmakers, I think some of each is better. Maybe slightly more Black Widows if you're going for a Cr fleet, and more De if you're going for a Fi/Co fleet.
All of this obviously relates to last round's stats
(bolded all bits that gave hints it was this round's stats!)
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 19:54   #6
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

k, i didnt understand that then. 2 things now, the title was just a joke, obviously my guide isnt better than the person who wrote the stats in the first place. Second, mine is just another opinion, i originally posted it in the other thread but then figured people might have comments about my specific combos and just made a new one. Theres no need to get angry when i did this for all of you, i didnt write a 15 min post to get a high post count, i couldve done that otherwise if thats what i was looking for. Follow whichever guide you want, or mix them up together and add your own ideas.
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 03:54   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ron, i/we arent trying to discourage you to post - indeed, strategy is often a comparison of perspectives and i encourage anyone who has an opinion on ship stats, combos or races (or indeed, anything else) to contribute to the discussion.

What i/we were refuting was that Appoco's guide was based on non-current stats; i thought they were, and judging from appoco's reply, his guide was also made on the current stats.

In no way am i/are we claiming that you are solely doing this in flate your post count - we are just trying to remove any ambiguty in the discussions about Cathaar fleet strategies for R15.

I hope that clears it up a little bit .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 11:21   #8
Samandmel

Samandmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Ron, i/we arent trying to discourage you to post - indeed, strategy is often a comparison of perspectives and i encourage anyone who has an opinion on ship stats, combos or races (or indeed, anything else) to contribute to the discussion.

What i/we were refuting was that Appoco's guide was based on non-current stats; i thought they were, and judging from appoco's reply, his guide was also made on the current stats.

In no way am i/are we claiming that you are solely doing this in flate your post count - we are just trying to remove any ambiguty in the discussions about Cathaar fleet strategies for R15.

I hope that clears it up a little bit .
I took it that way too, I appreciate all posts by posters. It highlights different thoughts and gives hints to how others play the game.
I have enjoyed all posts, and understood your meaning when posting your post Ron with the cheek .... (of course its better), its your post ;-).
Thanks all on your posts, perhaps ziks may post some thoughts ....
Samandmel is offline   Reply With Quote