User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Oct 2007, 22:48   #201
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Congratulations Exilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Actually, I consider him to be fairly accurate on most of the important points. What 1up didn't do was pre-emptively create blocks, they did it in reaction to opposing blocks that they couldn't counter single-handedly. Round 13 is a perfect example of this.

Sid's morals did stand in the way of pre-emptively blocking, and this was a major handicap for them when fighting eXilition. eXilition got the pick of allies, I'm sorry but it's true. This doesn't take away from the military ability of eXilition, which is almost unparalleled in the current era, but it would have been interesting to see eXilition vs 1up, one on one, each with no more total members than the tag limit (i.e. no bending of the rules by either alliance). I'd argue that this never really happened.
Quoted really for truth, as furball is clearly better at me in explaining without the obvious bias showing.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2007, 23:18   #202
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I categorically refute your claim that 1up pre-picked allies in r13/r15 or indeed any round.
We didn't.

Quote:
You like to think 1up lied but Sid never did, that's why Sid was such a great leader to work with because he laid it out for you. Sid never once lied to people.
None of us did. It was the whole point of 1up. The public knew what we were and where we were coming from. It was up to them to stop us. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't.

Quote:
I'm not 'covering' my losses at all, the debate was that 1up HAS played with an handicap. Opinion can come into it on whether it was much of a handicap or not.
67 players and Zhils.. You can't get more handicapped than that. Nuff said.

Quote:
I don't make stuff up, I never have done. Ask any AD regular and you'll find that whilst I am zealous to my alliance, I never openly lie - I take after Sid in that regard.
But with more pooping.

Quote:
And why am I so adamant? Because I wanted nothing more than to build a block and rub your face in the dirt till it hurt. I wanted nothing more than to selfishly annhilate eXilition with a massive block regardless of morals or ethics or how it would affect the game. I believe mazz also felt the same way at times, but thats where the CEO part of our leadership came in.
More often than not it was I pre round who sorted politcs and getting 1up ready as Sid usually took an extended break after workign so hard through the round. I carried on his no block ethos with gusto.

Quote:
Sid never once caved to the pressure, he said a victory like that was not remotely enjoyable. Sid was boss, you had to be in 1up command t o understand how our leadership worked. Sid was law, simple as.
It's true. I was his bitch.

Quote:
To be frank: The fact you can't even get my rank in 1up right or even know my history and links to the rest of 1up leadership is only more proof to my point that your claims about knowing 1up to be false.
Remind me what rank you were again? ;-)

Quote:
furball is correct, and he already confirmed proof for you in how me + him had an interesting discussion regarding 1up's lack of politics when compared to eXilition.
<3 furball

I'm definitely drunk but I have to ask what in gods name you've done to this hideous forum skin.

Down with goonswarm

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2007, 04:47   #203
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Germ if you say the game is shit then why do you even play it?
Mostly because I have nothing better to do.

Quote:
How saddenin it is to see how little faith you have in yourselves.
Having faith in myself wont magically spawn an army of active, dedicated PA players.

Quote:
eX aren't superhumans, but if the rest of PA community think so then all hope is lost in the begin with I guess.
Working harder than the next guy at a browser game doesn't make you a superhuman, it does however give you a tangible advantage over people not working as hard at the browser game.

Quote:
I therefore propose a masterplan for r24
howabout if eX declares war against every player, has it's members with a blindfold on AND starts ~ midround.
Fair enough?
I don't have any problem with eXi playing and using their advantages to win, thats the game. I've been in that position myself and stagnated rounds myself. eXi will win because of its well earned reputation, its superior organization and its members and officers willingness and ability to do the work it takes. There is really no need to be denigrating everyone else in Planetarion because you played better than them.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 5 Oct 2007 at 05:33.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2007, 05:20   #204
Landor Maxim

Landor Maxim is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooooh eeeerr muahahaha looks like the world is still ready to do battle. One thing being in New Zealand is that it stacks up the time zone quite nicely maybe I will have to join up again oh lordy lordy no more sleep again.
Landor Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote