User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:44   #51
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Re: By the skin of our teeth.

Exactly Bladze, why should what happened in round 3, or round 6, or any previous round dictate the course of this one? The PA-crew struggles to make the game more exciting, but yet all the coding changes in the world couldn't make as much of an impact as your command's decision in the coming weeks.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:45   #52
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As much faffing about as Fury/Legion in r5 this round, there really is.

Utter garbage. Gutless garbage.

All this 'never betrayed an ally' and 'Stagnation is part of the game' stuff is bollocks when a game is at this point. I know there are far less planets, but there are potential enemies out there, about 3 of them by my count, so that's not an excuse.

And people wonder why Barrow is upset

heh
call it what you will - every round stagnation has been te main complaint - every round teh winning alliances are asked to split. You were part of a block once and you side swapped which is good - but you never had to break up your own block. Maybe that was an error at round start, but I see no reason why we should disband fr anyone - even in a smaller universe.

hate it or love it it happens every round,
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:48   #53
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

If we all played second fiddle to the old adage of 'well, nobody else has done it', we'd be sitting in a cave eating our own crap.

Try something new, create a whole new game for your players to dominate in. You allready won this one.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:49   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad

Looks very different from the other side of the fence doesn't it
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:54   #55
Rumad
th0ng gimp

the fence used to bother me. NOw i am old and i have se with my gf regularly I don't see teh fence so much as i see friends who deserve a decent set of allies and one last crack at being teh best without any major dramas.

I hate blocking and i I haven't changed that view, but our members deserve a decent round. The die hards like irvine and alch and LB who round after orund have been there for the alliance of nearly dids.

As the least playing of HC's I dont see what the fuss is about. It happens EVERY ROUND. One block comes out on top and so on. Anyway time to knock off - i have to leave work and go home and spend some time with my gf
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:55   #56
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
If we all played second fiddle to the old adage of 'well, nobody else has done it', we'd be sitting in a cave eating our own crap.

Try something new, create a whole new game for your players to dominate in. You allready won this one.

ok try this adage "why fix something that isnt broke?"
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:02   #57
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
You think the game of Planetarion isn't broken? Wow, I guess I just assumed that was a universal standard.
ahh sorry

I was presuming you meant something I actually had control over.

Pa has been broken since way beack when.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:02   #58
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
4 blocks and 3 have failed early - why is that our fault?

FAnG has never dropped an ally and tbh I don't see it happen now - I knw why ppl get upset having been on both sides. But so many pplhave been in at least 1 winning block at some time or another. Ppl here need to realsie how hippocritical it is to ask allies to drop one another.

Stagnation is part of the game - whats needed is new players and new alliances and more easy roids so the alliances can avoid each otehr initially.

I say get killmark to run 50k bot planets for everyone to feed off \o/
We didn't have trouble going to war with Xanadu in round 6, being in FoS and having been friendly to Xanadu in PA from their Virus period on upto that point.
It didn't change the feelings I had about Xanadu, nor did it change their feelings towards me or ND. (we went into an eve online project together shortly after that)

In fact I think I remember having a pleasant chat with sastul or grim the evening of the declaration of war or day after whatever. Both parties knew it had to be done and we did, for the good of the game.

At this stage there is no excuse not to take that in account, the good of the game. Perhaps even out of respect for the people who try to keep this game alive, or better yet, bring some new life in it.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:06   #59
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

TBH Riddim - it's a little like playing half way through a game in 'Easy' and pretty comfortable, why would you consider changing it to 'Hard'? I can understand FPM's stance and look forward to the remainder of the round which if anything, promises not to be dull for us in ND.

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:07   #60
Rumad
th0ng gimp

this isnt aimed at ND necessarily riddim - just my view on it. I dont see how one jesture afetr 11 rounds of selfish behaviour will change anything tbh.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:09   #61
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
for a start no alliance has ever made the sacrifice you talk about and if 1 or 2 alies leave the other it essentially is a sacrifice. One will lose out to the benefit of the other 2.
There is this too, and you've said it not me. Winning the round with MISTU is certainly worth a lot more than winning the round with a huge great big block and being so stuborn everyone hates you for ruining the round. It's certainly a gamble, but as you say there's benefit as well as loss.

Incidentally my personal observation is that Phraktos HC aren't as simple minded as you. Phraktos don't have the long losing history that FAnG have, so they can afford to go for broke, and they certainly aren't uber-content sitting in 2nd place. Getting WP on board, silencing any further sources of allies that FAnG could draw on (ND), while staying silent on AD and not making further enemies as FAnG are doing, looks like a masterplan in full operation to me. I trust FAnG has a contingency plan if her allies don't share Rumad's views about stagnation?

Last edited by Blazde; 15 Apr 2004 at 17:28.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:09   #62
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
this isnt aimed at ND necessarily riddim - just my view on it. I dont see how one jesture afetr 11 rounds of selfish behaviour will change anything tbh.
I didn't say that, just said it's perfectly possible to be hostile to an alliance for a round and still be friends.
Or isn't it? This is a game right?
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:14   #63
Rumad
th0ng gimp

its FAnG

And I dont think I am making any enemies. If you ND are cool ppl and i wish them well, bt my concern are with FAnG and its members. I have never looked past that in any of the rounds I have been with them

As for FAnG - we stick to our agreements but round 7 shows we are not so naive as to be ready for any fight which lands on our door.

[Edit] As for dropping one ally you just end up with 30 ppl to roid and a lot fo defectors. Whats the benefit of that for phraktos with the majority of shared gals?

Random may have seen very different political happenings. But I think your way off with a block split.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:15   #64
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
I didn't say that, just said it's perfectly possible to be hostile to an alliance for a round and still be friends.
Or isn't it? This is a game right?

no way you can stay friends after a war - war incites bad feeling in the online game. And yeah it is just a game - one themembers put much time and effort into.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:20   #65
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Why are people pressuring FaNG to break allies.. they are on their way to winning. If anything, it is up to Phraktos, as if they play their cards right they could win. I mean, ND/WP/Phraktos > FaNG/Mistu. As it is, FaNG sit on their asses and win easy round.
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:22   #66
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
4 blocks and 3 have failed early - why is that our fault?
4? What are the 4?

I remember in R9, WE V ET, that is a similar situation to how this round is. No opposition, just hitting people who have little chance of hurting you, unless you **** up. We can attack you all we like, but its rare we'll get through. And you seem happy that it is this way. I'd rather lose in style than win by bashing people smaller than me. But maybe thats just the ND mentality, and maybe we're a dying breed, by the look of you at the top, it seems so.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:22   #67
LeviUK
Galley Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
As it is, FaNG sit on their asses and win easy round.
I think that's the point.

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:23   #68
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
Why are people pressuring FaNG to break allies.. they are on their way to winning. If anything, it is up to Phraktos, as if they play their cards right they could win. I mean, ND/WP/Phraktos > FaNG/Mistu. As it is, FaNG sit on their asses and win easy round.
It's aimed at the whole block, but FAnG are the only ones replying in the thread.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:26   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
no way you can stay friends after a war - war incites bad feeling in the online game. And yeah it is just a game - one themembers put much time and effort into.
Easy, just a game innit - if friends value their relationships over you, let em walk - and they'll be your enemies, meaning you have a legitimate reason to roid 'em this time

Chav it up
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:30   #70
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
And I dont think I am making any enemies.
If a FAnG vs Phraktos war goes off now, guess which side your attitude in this thread makes me want to be on.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:31   #71
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
It's aimed at the whole block, but FAnG are the only ones replying in the thread.

actually i am but onehc with m own ideas and what i think is right for a round. I give my own opinion here, but I play devls advocate as I think its only right I do.

Any decsion by FAnG would be made as a hc - but we are not about to be forced under peer pressure to make decisions which could affect our members future.

If it is only a game lokken why are so amny stressed at 3 allainces doing well?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:33   #72
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I'm beginning to have a hatred towards FAnG, and want their planets to be smashed to pieces...

But there's still a bunch of great guys (and girls, ofc) in FAnG who I'm not going to be hostile to just because I'm trying to kill them in some online game... Kudos to Icewind for example, for being an awesome GC in PaX and being a great guy in general. Sure, I might be trying to kill FAnG, but I still wanna be mates with him
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:34   #73
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
Because it happened to be a game we liked quite a bit before you took it hostage?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:35   #74
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
If a FAnG vs Phraktos war goes off now, guess which side your attitude in this thread makes me want to be on.
i dont have an attitude - i have too few roids for that these days - i just have a view that there is the difference.

with any luck you will side with teh underdog if it ever did happen - cause no one wants to see a slaughter
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:40   #75
LeviUK
Galley Slave

Quote:
i rather suspect it's an expectation based on a few previous rounds (such as r6 when FoS and XeTa seperated and r9 when WEET split etc) - some people are only enjoying themselves when on the winning side which means there are a lot of players outside of FPM who aren't enjoying the round. It's not quite like a game of CounterStrike where a losing team can simply pick themselves back up after 10 mins.. once one side gain the upper hand in PA, it can simply mean weeks of relentless losing with no chance of fighting back. That disenchantment kicks off a chain reaction which has people leaving or at the very least, playing less which makes it all the more 'challenging' for the rest of us who fight on. At the end of the round, even the victorious side may be left feeling short-changed.

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:43   #76
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
I guess u didn't read my previous post. I just gave u an example of the opposite.
It's possible ofcourse u can't do that. But then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way u think about Planetarion.

Do u see urself going mad at ur friend, because u played Warcraft or Age of Empires or UT or CS or whatever game, with some peeps and u ended up in opposite teams and he perhaps wooped ur ass?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:49   #77
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
actually i am but onehc with m own ideas and what i think is right for a round. I give my own opinion here, but I play devls advocate as I think its only right I do.

Any decsion by FAnG would be made as a hc - but we are not about to be forced under peer pressure to make decisions which could affect our members future.

Because it ruins the game for the 85% other people who payed for a whole round which is very bad for the game itself overall.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:51   #78
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
with any luck you will side with teh underdog if it ever did happen - cause no one wants to see a slaughter
Luck is a terrible thing to rely on.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:54   #79
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
its FAnG

And I dont think I am making any enemies. If you ND are cool ppl and i wish them well, bt my concern are with FAnG and its members. I have never looked past that in any of the rounds I have been with them

As for FAnG - we stick to our agreements but round 7 shows we are not so naive as to be ready for any fight which lands on our door.

[Edit] As for dropping one ally you just end up with 30 ppl to roid and a lot fo defectors. Whats the benefit of that for phraktos with the majority of shared gals?

Random may have seen very different political happenings. But I think your way off with a block split.
Except even in r5 there was a block split which is what many ppl are comparing this too.

You quite simply are not going to be able to progress through the rest of this round with what you have left to hit right now. A split will happen in your block, and you thus need to make such preparations. If even the stagnator king Fury had to split blocks, then what makes you think you wont have too?

Members after all want action, they dont want to be not attacked and always hitting crap targets. How long do you seriously expect ND to last in being a worthwhile enemy to roid?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:56   #80
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Quote:

Ahahahahhahahahahaha. Seriously though?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:00   #81
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
have fun , cause under pressure fun and spirit keeps an alliance together.

though if you really think 3 of the biggest alliances this round are concentrating on you I think your sadly mistaken. Its all about the roids.

Good Luck anyway.

that stament makes me sad
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:02   #82
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

its kinda sad what happens at the moment - but i guess its your own fault.

maybe you should have sided VEL when you had the chance.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:03   #83
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
Bingo.

Rumad, there's little point in defending the indefensible and MISTU and Phraktos HC have got it bang on by not posting here. If war does break out by other than your hand it will be you against the universe i'd expect, as it seems no one likes your alliance very much. Should that be the case, you deserve to get beat.

Step up to the plate on the other hand - well things could be very different.

Alternatively, you can hope that everyone sticks in block-o-rama.

Just my meaningless AD 2 pence.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:04   #84
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
the fence used to bother me. NOw i am old and i have se with my gf regularly I don't see teh fence so much as i see friends who deserve a decent set of allies and one last crack at being teh best without any major dramas.

I hate blocking and i I haven't changed that view, but our members deserve a decent round. The die hards like irvine and alch and LB who round after orund have been there for the alliance of nearly dids.

As the least playing of HC's I dont see what the fuss is about. It happens EVERY ROUND. One block comes out on top and so on. Anyway time to knock off - i have to leave work and go home and spend some time with my gf

omg...its getting worse.

atleast finally you admit that you wanted to win for all costs and that you shit on the game.

its not round 5,6 or 7 or earlier anymore its round 10,5 and the game has changed. pa only has a few players left and you still dont give a ****.

its not about whining or other shit ppl post here - its about "view".

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:21   #85
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
call it what you will - every round stagnation has been te main complaint - every round teh winning alliances are asked to split. You were part of a block once and you side swapped which is good - but you never had to break up your own block. Maybe that was an error at round start, but I see no reason why we should disband fr anyone - even in a smaller universe.

START ATTACKING WP YOU CHICKEN SHITS.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:01   #86
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
its kinda sad what happens at the moment - but i guess its your own fault.

maybe you should have sided VEL when you had the chance.
I think I speak for most of ND when I say we'd rather be getting ****ed by the top 3 alliances than ally Ely
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:09   #87
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
I think I speak for most of ND when I say we'd rather be getting ****ed by the top 3 alliances than ally Ely
hehe lol

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:11   #88
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

I dont think you do fish. :/
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:12   #89
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

You guys all look sad.
So because an alliance is #1, you call them "bad and sad" alliance?
because we are the only one to reply in this thread giving the exact reason and not being coward, you hate us more for that?
i dont get you. really.
What have we done wrong? siding with 2 other alliance which all together is maybe half of WP+ND+VGN+EVL

that what we done wrong?
so because we are winning and because some other Alliance (WP and ND) remained to sit on the fence. you are calling us "shitting on the game" or "stagnator" ?

I really wanna know what name you would call us if we would drop our allies.
"unloyal and greedy F@#!@" or "Backstabber" and blablabla

so either we do this or we do this, FAnG will always be the hated and the sad alliance.
Got you.
Thanks again for all of you that manage to kill the enjoyment some player have.

This is again my own personal and SAD view.
Treating FAnGer this way, just show how all hypocrite you are.
For once some of you are in the winning side and that time to start to whine about us being the evil.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:17   #90
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Alch, regardless of how this round started - you are faced with two options. You can keep on raiding the life out of everyone outside of your block - providing quality laughs and excellent comedy material to your members collective ego...or, you can make a switch - providing quality entertainment and excellent 'true-Planetarion' material to the entire universe.

I dont hate Fang, I dont think you're sad, or unloyal, or greedy F@#!@'s. I do think you're making the wrong decision, and knowingly or unknowingly watering down the quality of play as a result.

And please, don't think I hate you for replying. This is what alliance politics is all about - discussion, albeit heated, about the course of events that determine the future of this game. Thanks for taking the time to hang out and reply, even if you do call me a fence sitter.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:19   #91
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

FPM r ghey blockers. whats new?

The rest is crap and get's beaten up. Until P+M beat up FAnG and FAnG loses.. AGAIN. Sweet..
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:20   #92
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ah sorry, my point was that I don't think that any of the block will do anything just because the loosing block want them to. In my opinion the only chance the round has is if the alliances inside the block stop seeing it as a 'block win' and instead take the frame of mind that 'Fang is winning, how are we gonna be em..'

I think if the community accepted that block wins count for nothing, each round would be that bit more exciting, as they would battle to the end. Anyway, I don't know why i'm saying all this, I don't think many people would disagree.

Also the post was kind of *hinting* at what I wanted to happen.
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:21   #93
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

how can you even substantiate ND fence-sitting this round?
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:22   #94
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But you don't speak for me, and I'm the one who matters... right?

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:25   #95
Fimu
The Stampede

Fimu can only hope to improve

Oh my god.

It will be always like that.

Owning ppl, owned ppl. Winners and whinners.

Thats the only thing for sure you might bet for happening in a round. And prolly ppl will talk about it in the forums and say how r6, 7, 2, 3 or whatever they were good, or point something that happened before so they can have this little support in their speeches.
Fimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:30   #96
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

talk about fence sitting...

ND is consistently hit by four gals...

i was hit last night by someone from xx:yy:zz, the same xx:yy:zz that has three ND members in his gal.

fence sitting? look at xx:yy:zz, someone more than twice my size hitting me in waves... while benefitting from the protection ND affords his gal.

"i'll try to roid ND silly but they won't touch me because i have three ND in my gal!"

elite.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:46   #97
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you think they treat you this way?

I think I have to agree that it's not really personal. To win you need to block. Blocking leads to stagnation. Those responsible for the stagnation are considered evil.

You deserved complaints when you started blocking. The only thing to end the complaints will be to split the block. Maybe even ask for a shuffle. People will have a new ground for complaining, but that will end sooner or later. I think most of the public is ready for a split. How many still complain about the Nar vs WEET split, or the WE vs ET split?

Whatever you do you will be critisized. But in the end it's inevitable, unless you want to alienate more members from your alliance ( a couple already rather got roided then continue this).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:55   #98
LeviUK
Galley Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
talk about fence sitting...

ND is consistently hit by four gals...

i was hit last night by someone from xx:yy:zz, the same xx:yy:zz that has three ND members in his gal.

fence sitting? look at xx:yy:zz, someone more than twice my size hitting me in waves... while benefitting from the protection ND affords his gal.

"i'll try to roid ND silly but they won't touch me because i have three ND in my gal!"

elite.
and I truly believe such protection should now end. I recommend that those planets be launched on again and again until they are hit and damaged.. if they are friends of the ND in-gal so be it - I would do the same if it were an FPM member in my gal (which there is before the fence-sitting fans begin) hitting ND members - in fact I'd have no more qualms about that than I would making someone bankrupt in monopoly or taking their pieces in chess.

You know what they say about cornered rats..

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:56   #99
Fimu
The Stampede

Fimu can only hope to improve

Quote:

oi, im phraktos =D
Fimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:11   #100
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Why do you think they treat you this way?

I think I have to agree that it's not really personal. To win you need to block. Blocking leads to stagnation. Those responsible for the stagnation are considered evil.

You deserved complaints when you started blocking. The only thing to end the complaints will be to split the block. Maybe even ask for a shuffle. People will have a new ground for complaining, but that will end sooner or later. I think most of the public is ready for a split. How many still complain about the Nar vs WEET split, or the WE vs ET split?

Whatever you do you will be critisized. But in the end it's inevitable, unless you want to alienate more members from your alliance ( a couple already rather got roided then continue this).
You make some fair points. The first paragraph especially. However, its what they do when they have stagnated the game that is at issue here. FPM(W) have won the round, yet there is still plenty of time left of the round, and they are just sat on their arses hitting much much smaller planets and alliances. It's rather pathetic really. They could do a WE ET style split, and wouldnt get any complaints for it, its the honourable thing to do, an honourable break, like the WE ET one (which, btw, I havent heard any complaints about). Stagnating the game by staying allied might be honourable to the allies involved, but not to the rest of the universe, anbd the future of the game.

And I'm sure FPMW would enjoy a war too, an even war.

And Vader, log in more than once in a week and I'll take your opinions seriously mmk?