User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 18:58   #1
LordBrem

LordBrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Scythes...

With their init of 2, they are unable to steal Vanquishers and then have them fire that tick.

They should have init of 1 (which would make sense), and only affect vanquishers for the one tick. It hardly matters if they are frozen after they fire.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 08:16   #2
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Scythes...

I've heard it rumoured the Vanquishers fire twice, once for before and once after being subverted

The Scythe also causes problems when on the same side as the Stalwart, since ships can get subverted and frozen at the same time. Which isn't very useful, (making the assumption that frozen & subverted ships don't fire).
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 00:14   #3
Anaram

Anaram is infamous around these partsAnaram is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
I've heard it rumoured the Vanquishers fire twice, once for before and once after being subverted

The Scythe also causes problems when on the same side as the Stalwart, since ships can get subverted and frozen at the same time. Which isn't very useful, (making the assumption that frozen & subverted ships don't fire).
I'll hazard a guess that ships which are both frozen and subverted would still fire, though I have no evidence whatsoever on this.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 10:38   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

once a ship is subverted it is not targeted by anything according to spinner

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 10:46   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On my battlecalculator Vanquishers fire once . I really like to know what is supposed to happen. If vanquishers fire once or not at all, or twice so I can fix the calcs. If anyone has a battle report please paste it or email it to me so I can get this fixed. Thanks.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 19:53   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

vans fire once - confirmed

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 20:27   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

ok with scythes and stalls it is indeed posisble for a ship to be subbed and emped - in this case an emped subbed ship is in effect emped - its on the other side for the battle but frozen so does nothing.

will verify that the bcalc handles that properly tonight

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 06:27   #8
LordBrem

LordBrem is an unknown quantity at this point

Subbed ships can't get hit? That's kind of idiotic...
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 11:16   #9
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

/me laughs at stats

Retired
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 20:12   #10
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

this won't be an issue when combat and stats are redone as part of the new game
Closed Thread