User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 19:51   #201
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
Kloopy read AD and get this post closed :=)

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 19:53   #202
Twoguns

sounds great.... reset away
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 19:58   #203
korben

Again it seems this is just giving into the powerblocks.

No matter what Admin does they will find away to keep their alliance going in such a way they bash all others.

To them a win is a win and they dont care about fair they dont care about not being in the same galaxy.

You want to put an end to the big alliances well one way to do it is to stop them from talking to each other on IRC.

You break their leadership from being able to run the alliance and the rest will have a hard time knowing what to do.

So here you go a good plan cut off their head and their body dies.

Till you do that this is a mute point and they will just keep rolling over every one they feel like. And knowing them they are such wimps. That it means any one thats 5 or more times smaller then they are the only ones they will attack. And because we know they hate fighting a fair fight!

One last thing why not just say this round is over and move on to round 10 then lets see if those jerk alliances can do the same crap in that type of game

Last edited by korben; 13 Apr 2003 at 20:12.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 19:59   #204
Ripur

Sounds like a good plan. I'm all for a race change right now.

go round 9.5!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:02   #205
ginjas

ginjas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SKiNNY
Well, i'm probably the only one to think of it this way...

I dont want a full reset, my planet is doing great and my gal is doing great aswell... I believe i've payed for a full round, not 2 half rounds.

Its like selling a ferrari to someone and when they are ready to pick it up, you tell 'em that you've decided to give them a 2 small mini-coopers instead.

lol on you...so tell me..is it so hard to wake up in the midle of the night just to send some defense..and be so restful you can even send all 3 fleets out couse you are 100% certain that you will have defense if incs come ?

to me Hardcore level playng..is much more like this:

ataking and stealing 200 roids per day for target double my sise

targets that 1 outa 2 times get 50 times more defense that incs i can do...os i have to outsmart them to get roids...

then be awake 4 days IN A ROW!!! defending 15 dif waves on my 600 roisd planet and losing 20 roids in 15 ATACK!!!!

that done with almost 0 defense from aliance and all why ?

couse 50% atackers io get are so stupid that they cant even roid me no defense..and the 50% ....25% them roxor players and i can give some example of atacks pretty good i had from WEet NaR, and the other 25% i defended using fake defend...

but then again....in 15 waves...2 planets landed...1 got 20 roids lost 600k fleet 1 tick and all the rest 2 tick..ho so hardcore he whas with 10M score he forgot to recal....

you think you made all for this game ?

i tell you this..i left study for this game. i left work for this game, i lfet my ex girl for this game, i sleep 4 hours per day to defend all icns i get..

so bugger of you and your so called WORK...you worked nothing..you are fence siting behind huge powerbloking...

try to do what i do..having 2M score 600 roids and defending 15 waves in a row no sleep....all made form planets 10 times bigger them me....

it pisses me of people like you..who dont give a **** for the other person's work..you think your side the only one workingh ?

i woulda answer you with some maisl 4 dif planet in top 10 gals sended me...

like :
nice job defending..nobody did that this round to me....

there are a few person that think rthe only good players are the winners...no there are a lot good players all around who gave theyr lifes to play this round...some are top 10 gals..some are top 500 gals..and even if you have 50 roids 500k score

i know a few 500k score planets..who are just that sise couse they get 1 entire week bash kil incs..you think you any better then them just for habing 2k roids ? lol

now back to the real issue here...the round will be over has soon this next war is over..its stupid to take the full 3month..but i do agree it should not end now..i am having the fun of my life!!!

and belive me..this whas the best round yet for me..and here since R3...i get bashed everyday ...i roid every day... i have fun...
then again soon will be over..has soon all wars over..the winner will be only siting on they 10K per planet roids..or more...and stagnation...so then i have some personal ideas id like to discuss....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ginjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:15   #206
SKiNNY

SKiNNY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ginjas
lol on you...so tell me..is it so hard to wake up in the midle of the night just to send some defense..and be so restful you can even send all 3 fleets out couse you are 100% certain that you will have defense if incs come ?

you think you made all for this game ?

i tell you this..i left study for this game. i left work for this game, i lfet my ex girl for this game, i sleep 4 hours per day to defend all icns i get..

so bugger of you and your so called WORK...you worked nothing..you are fence siting behind huge powerbloking...

it pisses me of people like you..who dont give a **** for the other person's work..you think your side the only one workingh ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Err... all i did was saying my planet and my gal are doing great, dont go accuse me that its my fault you dont have a life. Sure, you probably work harder than me at this game and you're probably a better player all together.

Did i mention the word 'WORK'? cant remember... If this game resets and gets shuffled, you dont have to worry about me.. so what are you complaining about?

if you had a successfull planet (doenst matter if you worked hard or not) this round, you'd probably didnt want a reset aswell.

All i am saying is, i have payed for a full round so i expect a full round and not 2 half ones. And even though the contract is clear on that subject, they will lose yet another player if they go through with the reset. Well atleast you'll be happy, because you get a second chance at not having a crappy planet.

Thanks for accusing me of things, based on words i haven't even spoken.

Regards,

SKiNNY
SKiNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:22   #207
ginjas

ginjas is an unknown quantity at this point
R9.5

it seems a nice idea..having prepared a round 9.5 if stagnation finaly comes..whe are near it..i know a few big planets who are just stoping all activity couse they are geting bored...some wars ahead..but they are so unbalanced that in 1 week it will be over...

then about 9.5------

1- if whe start from 0 has been seen a lto will leave game...the fisrt days are so boring...then again there is a easy way outa it....

idea: better then start from scraps..do a midle thing...

quest+ some begining stuf...so if you do more quest....quest with option..that can give research / constr...and give us power..
example...whe all start with all mining stuf done...thats enough for us all to start building fleet fast...72 hours protection must stil be up to let us grown some power....and some quest optional that can give for example :
mail a top 250 planet saing youd love to have theyr roids :
get FRig factory
etc..etc.etc...of course the example i gave is kinda a joke...
so whe will be able to get at least FR inside 72 ticks and eta -4....if that is spossible inside the 72 ticks...then i bet most the players will have noi probs...couse even terrans will have an option to get DE's not far after the 72 ticks...

start us all 3 roids..1 each..all mining done...
give us new quest to do Re/cR faster
do Random planets...its the end of powerbloking
increese to 15 person gal..much more people to talk organize and so..and more options to find at least 50% good players per gal...
name change...dont even need to explain why.
also change the damn minimum hit option...a 10M planet hiting 1.5M is not logical...that will force big players to play big..not to do has this PB stuf do..that top 10 gals are hiting 1M planets 3 planets per day to roid 50/100 roids each planet...and they are so sure themself ..that they leave 75% theyr fleet home and do 3 fleets of the other 25% to roid....
any other ideas that balance game may be good...but its would be changing to much....let those to R10...the rAndom itself shoudl be enough to end powerblock...and the bonus on start...is just to avoid boredom of first tick....

i know some complain they will stop playng..i ask you why ?
couse in my view..this is just some more fun...the winner will be there...the date of end will be know far behound time..so youl have time to do all you can do win the round..and will also have a new bonus....since round end will be neared...aliances will have to work faster this next days in order to win round....

all i ask is this...dont stop the round for more then 2 days...tops...if you wana reset it...then also dont keep delaing it..when you set a date and time..make sure it is for real.

PS: a few rounds ago...i heard from spinner himself some words that seem vane for me now....:
try to cheat, try to end this game, try to do something that harms the end of this round...and dont ask why you get 100000 destroyers incs....

then i ask you mister spinner...why does 1:1 not play some nasty moves on those taking advantage of some rules..why does not 1:1 play like the god of the damn game and force some balance ?

you dont have the time? dont have the player skil ? i bet skil you must have,....at least you made the game..so try this:
if anywone trys powerbloking in any other given round..i consider PB if 40% or more player in same block...ROID THEM TO HELL
make 1:1 top 1 gal...and then they will cry...and you will say:
I WORNED YOU PB IS OVER on 9.5----wana try this ?
ginjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:25   #208
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
"I worked so hard, I don't want it to just reset". Are you people stupid?

It happens every round. This round might just be shorter than the rest.

All your hard worked has already paid off. Ranks will be saved and winners shall be declared.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:33   #209
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 9, Stagnation and a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
Please use the portal poll system to cast your vote (And please dont cheat to get multiple votes, lets be respectible) on http://portal.planetarion.com/
Apparently I can't vote. I go to the portal and its as if my vote has already been counted, yet neither me or anyone on the same connection as me has visited the portal, let alone voted, since the new poll was put up? Is my opinion considered void? Is this unfir treatment against all those whos nicks begin with M or something? Conspiracy I say!!!

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:41   #210
Empress
Inactive as they come

Empress is an unknown quantity at this point
Fs.. I didnt freaking pay to play random for half a round. if i decide i dont want to play random as i hate it do i get half a refund back?

rd 8 sucked ass and i refuse to repeat it. i chose to play with the team i have now. in fact the only reason i'm still playing is cause a friend i respect alot asked me too. but if i'm not going to be playing with him and the others then fk this. this is the most expensive round yet and yer changing the gals mid way through?

sigh. i may sound like i'm complaining but tbh after playing since rd 2 the only joy this game brings me is the playing with my crew. and now yer screwin with that. so it looks like i'll be hitting delete once random strikes.

thanks guys...

~*Empress*~

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
--Katherine Mansfield
Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:47   #211
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Round 9, Stagnation and a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Is my opinion considered void?
*giggle giggle*

(no comment).
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:52   #212
storeslem
magister

storeslem is an unknown quantity at this point
We should have:
A full reset.
Random universe.
All research and constructions done.
A hundred or so roids to start with.
No protection time.
Free signups for everyone.
r2: 21:23:10 BrainDrain of Idealia
r3: 36:5:1 Efreet of Azur
r4: 6:5:12 StoreSlem of Idealia
r5: 19:19:21 BrainDrain of Eudamonia
r6: 22:17:x x of x (cant remember, magister tho)
r7: 22:23:x x of x (dont do drugs kids)
r9: 39:8:3 StoreSlem of Idealia

"Meningen med livet er å gjøre livet verdt å leve"
-Sigurdnw
storeslem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:01   #213
GBH

GBH is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

it is a shame the power blocks do spoil the game i think it would be alot more fun if it was just cluster alliances but as im sure every 1 knows i will win the lottary after a triple role over and be the only winner before this happens im reserved about the restart idea but ill give anything a try if it could possible solve this problem:e_bunny:
GBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:03   #214
GBH

GBH is an unknown quantity at this point
oh 1 more thing does 1:1 get split up
GBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:03   #215
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Well...

This sounds really good...

I am personally of the opinion that random is best...and totally random...

NO priv gals...

Having both easily allows for power blocking up...and full on allience gals etc which if organised well (as some are) can go on a rape rampage of the universe..

How about having this as a new R10 feture..

About half way thru...rankins etc are taken...then there is a mass shuffle...and everyone is reset to a certain level (not the level as in round start) with x roids and x score and let battle commence..

Just a thought....

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:10   #216
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Reset it now and let those who ruined the round not claim a win.

hAl
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:16   #217
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes please
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:26   #218
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
A couple friends of mine where interested in playing the game, but since they missed the signup date they won't be able to get into the game.

Would new signups be on the same level as everyone else in the universe?
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:30   #219
Godzilla64

Godzilla64 is an unknown quantity at this point
to kloppy

what about a 3 day time where all can move there planets into a new gal - lets say wp and ely move there planets into gals of there own and eclipse and tot do the same?

after this a good and maybe fair war can go on.
also vom has the chance to move there good planets into gals and organize them new. -this goes for other allies too

a new start wont be that good because we have to finish bussines in that universe i think.

hope someone likes my idea
Godzilla64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:36   #220
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
do it ;-)

you'll make everyone happy
really???
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:39   #221
Prophey
Sexceh Plush Toy

Prophey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HOPupNdown
ZaRa = :e_chick:

Spud =
Prophey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:46   #222
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
75% in favor of reset. That should mean a lot. Rarely you get any poll that unites 75% of voters !!!

hAl
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:48   #223
supergemz
r0x0r

supergemz is an unknown quantity at this point
OMFG NO WAY KLOOPY YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!!!! I am happy with my gal mates! I don't wanna leave them !!!!

#gemz
supergemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:51   #224
fishfood

fishfood is an unknown quantity at this point
There must be some way to save the game and let us stay in gals with freinds.

some people have suggested letting everyone re-arange their gals so that we have single alliance galaxies.
surely this has to be worth a try before we resort to forcing random upon everyone.

some of the most fun parts of pa are working together as a gal trying to provide the best defence you can.
when you are in a galaxy of good freinds you dont mind sending your ships to defend a gal mate while an attacker steals your roids because you know they would do the same for you. Also, it is safe to give freinds your mobile number cos you know they arnt wierdos.
And my gal are all together cos we all like to launch gal attacks at the same time of day. If half of your random gal are in different time zones it will be much more difficult to find a good launchtime.

as 9.5 is only a bounus round anyway, is this not a good time to test the alliances and see if they are trustworthy enough to create pure alliance priv gals?
r6 4:22:2
r9 3:8:1
fishfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:53   #225
Ariados
natural born pe0n

Ariados is an unknown quantity at this point
All you whiners out there, look at it this way:

We are able to get 2(!) rounds by only paying for 1. That's like a once in a lifetime opportunity (if I know PA right)

Anyway, the 75% yes's on the poll should pretty much speak for itself.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:54   #226
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs down

I'm totally against it. I'm a Cow in a vvomm galaxy and I'm perfectly happy. Yes, I have regular incomings. Yes, getting defence sucks. However, this is the first round that has really been a challenge, even if growing large hasn't quite happened.

a big to a reset - but if Nar hadn't been cowards like most of us weren't, there wouldn't be a need for a reset.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:07   #227
placebo

placebo is an unknown quantity at this point
YEAH

Please DO it! All for!
Best suggestion ever
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:10   #228
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

anomnorway is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm 75% on the poll at Portal say "yes" ..... but here at PA Forum more are against it then for it. See that kloopy askes all to not cheat when voting at Portal. How can we know that thats not what has happened = that the 75% is correct and not a false number cos of cheating? *I wonder*
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:31   #229
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by anomnorway
hmmm 75% on the poll at Portal say "yes" ..... but here at PA Forum more are against it then for it. See that kloopy askes all to not cheat when voting at Portal. How can we know that thats not what has happened = that the 75% is correct and not a false number cos of cheating? *I wonder*
Are we reading the same thread?

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:39   #230
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm in two minds about this.

Random Galaxies: I would prefer having people split into 5's and then shuffling the 5's so theres 15 to a gal. I've gotten to know my gal mates very well this round, and they're the best bunch i've been teamed with yet. I wouldnt like to go into getting to know another new 9/14 people. Although, having said that, I would like to see fully random gals too, as it would solve the alliance problems.

Constructions & Researches: I wouldn't really want to go through the early stages again, although i wouldn't mind it too much, however, to be fair to all races and players I feel it must be fully reset in order to give a balance. Xan for example. have the advantage early on, they'd lose this if some cons and res were already done for free.

I feel a total reset of scores roids, fleet, cons and res, but only a partial shuffle would be best. I doubt its a popular or possible idea though.

And most importantly;
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:53   #231
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
I feel a total reset of scores roids, fleet, cons and res, but only a partial shuffle would be best. I doubt its a popular or possible idea though.
The poll vote says otherwise. Reset is hugely popular
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:54   #232
CannibaliX
tactical kamikaze

CannibaliX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up YES!

YES!!!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:03   #233
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lockhead
I dont like it.

It also wont change the stagnation because it would take only a few days to find out who is in which block.

Then the hitting would start again.

Let the round develop itself, things will be changing.

agree
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:06   #234
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I say do it.

Alliance HC's should form a game-wide agreement to ALL go solo, and just have some fun in a nice random round.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:07   #235
hAl
ensign forever

I don't see Eclipse blocking with WP again. And vvomm isn't exactly alive much either after quite a few of them left or got inactive and virus having split up. So the two main blocks that existed pre r9 are gone already so there is not much standing in the ways of a new/reset round if it started quickly...
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:11   #236
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road
RESET

simple as that, my round so far has been a nightmare so for me it could only be an improvement

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:15   #237
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
a few people in my gal have given up after all this weet wolfpack stuff, its annoying and i would like a reset
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:16   #238
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
The poll vote says otherwise. Reset is hugely popular
Oh, I deliberatly avoided other peoples posts and the poll itself before posting as to not let what I thought on it be affected by other people's posts.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:42   #239
SommerMinthos

SommerMinthos is an unknown quantity at this point
stagnation

I don't really feel this "major problem" of powerblocks controlling all and nothing happening etc is such a big problem, but of course that's just me. I've had a very fluctuating score this round, it's currently down at 900k, and that's a testimony to the challenges I've faced, and the fun I have had. I'm not going to deny my inactivity, but the moments I've had online have generally been entertaining. Please, if you reset the round, let me keep my almost completed decryption center, it will mean a lot to me, as I owe someone a milscan and that will be a debt hard to repay if I dont ever get them.

Friends & Foes
Tre Kronor
SommerMinthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:47   #240
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
random r0x0r chemical's b0x0r!!!!

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 01:01   #241
TheUnknown
Someone has to...

TheUnknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hathor
Why can't the round just play itself out? we've never had this before even though stagnation has happened in past rounds.
In my opinion this shows that the people in charge are at least more aware of the affects of stagnation on the game. Whilst I dont neccessarily support a reset or continued play, I felt I should offer the obvious explanation to your question in case no one else does and in case you fail to see it.

Greater awareness from those in charge is a good thing after all. Of course coming up with an intelligent solution is another matter.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 01:33   #242
Black_Kat

Black_Kat is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm one of the small planets who gets beat on by these A**hole alliances/blocks whatever u call it...but i don't like the idea of having to start all over again just to get beat on again....that's like a slap in the face AFTER already being slapped on the other cheek. i don't even have military scans yet and now put us all the way back at beginning? i just wanna end this nitemare and play the speed round i already paid for so i can put PA to rest.
Black_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 01:48   #243
MoonLess

MoonLess is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Slinky
Don't make it all random, allow private galaxies, see what the alliances do, basically give them an ultimatum, unless they play responsibly without blocking, round 10 will be random That should show em
i like that idea
MoonLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 01:52   #244
Blend
r0x0r

Blend is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

reset sounds like a great idea. tbh i haven't read through 1/3 of this thread, so don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but since it's only half a round, what about 30 min ticks?
Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 02:01   #245
Spawn_Xe

well this isnt what i paid for.. the only reason i decided to play was me and 4 of my other friends could be in the same galaxy. I see no point or fun in playing it otherwise.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 02:29   #246
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Stylez1877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Shanks

and now their at the top and you want a reset 'Cos Your Not!'

EXACTLY what I wanted to say..

that is pure BULL****

you cant just stop the round because more people are loosing than winning.
THATS HOW YOU PLAY A GAME FFS!
not everyone can win
those who dont, grin n bear it, and wait till NEXT round.
Those who worked the hardest are the ones who will get punished, and to me that makes NO sense what-so-ever!
Winners win
Losers WHINE
Round 5:The End of Tim3 9:23:9 (NRK)
Round 6: Sekigahari of Malakhi 13:15:6 (Guild)
Round 7: =- Arutha -= The Prince of Krondor 29:17:13 (NoS)
Round 8: Forget..(Adelante/Fang)
Round 9: 5:5:7 1010100101101010 of 101101010110 (NoS)
Stylez1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 02:34   #247
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Stylez1877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
U worked hard?! lol
I can't see why....tbh I would say that I, for sure, know a lot of ppl that have work more than u "just" to keep their fleet

I know that it's not nice to wake up in the middle of the night to press the launch button
not really
im in NoS, im not weet, but that doesnt mean I didnt work hard to get where I am this round. I've defended my planet just as much as you im sure..but I did it WELL, and i managed to KEEP my roids, which is why I wouldnt want that to be for naught.
Round 5:The End of Tim3 9:23:9 (NRK)
Round 6: Sekigahari of Malakhi 13:15:6 (Guild)
Round 7: =- Arutha -= The Prince of Krondor 29:17:13 (NoS)
Round 8: Forget..(Adelante/Fang)
Round 9: 5:5:7 1010100101101010 of 101101010110 (NoS)
Stylez1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 03:26   #248
TheBull
Ph33r Us!

TheBull is infamous around these partsTheBull is infamous around these parts
no reset

NO RESET.
Let the round go til R10 is ready and then we might see a round won by 1 alliance. Powerblocks get smaller as good targets get fewer. if you want to make any changes to the round make it so you can only attack targets that are 30% or more of your score
TheBull
TheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 04:58   #249
angerfist

YES!!!

I thought I was wank galaxy, but having talked with other people. All in the same boat. Big galaxies desperate for roids targetting 150 size planets. I'm all for the idea!
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 05:01   #250
Elvis

yeay reset! but i demand 5k with initiated roids, all res/con finished and super speed on my ships! oh and i want every player to send 10$ to me plz.

that should be possible shouldn't it?

if this stupid idea goes thru nething should be possible....