User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Forums Issues

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 08:14   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Forums upgrade

The forums have recently been migrated to a new server and upgraded. There are bound to be lots of issues, so if you notice anything please use this forum to detail the issues so we can fix them.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 11:10   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Forums upgrade

I'm using Retro v1, and the new forum icons are awful.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 11:30   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

On firefox 3.0.1, using Planetarion 2,0 skin the quickreply box is 314x134, and does not submit text - dropping you at an error message asking for 1 or more characters
The normal input box has black text on #132732 background
: salute : does not have an icon
Normal forum post does not submit, same error as above
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 11:52   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

FF3.0 Retro v1, Multi-Quote doesn't work.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 12:33   #5
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Missing or incorrect images on pretty much every skin

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 13:15   #6
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I'm trying to hunt down what happened there.
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 14:05   #7
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

You forgot to copy some files?

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 14:15   #8
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

A lot of them didn't exist in the first place tbhm and are icons for new features or because of a new layout system - but the issues with the pro_vizion skin was because the skin was in a totally random place so it didn't get copied across (it should work now).
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 14:33   #9
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

[: salute :] now works

Phil, I assume the issues you talk about with submission of text are all with FF3.0.1 on the Planetarion 2.0 skin (and not the Nuclear Ashes or Mobile Infantry versions). I haven't been able to replicate them here yet though.

Last edited by Lunar_Lamp; 17 Jul 2008 at 14:49.
Lunar_Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 15:10   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm using Retro v1, and the new forum icons are awful.
When I said "forum icons", I meant these things:

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 15:29   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Same for Round 10 default skin.

Also wrong with this skin are the buttons above the reply box (when going advanced) they all appear without a background but once you hover your mouse of them a grey background appears on the buttons (bold, italic, etc etc)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 15:51   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

The alienskin is also completly ****ed up.
(no images at all, everything is black & white, ...)
Maybe completely remove this skin?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:05   #13
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

OK, I've managed to find all the required images I think (has anyone guessed yet that the old forums server was A Mess?).
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:08   #14
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Quote:

Those icons are the same on every skin - but on Retro they appear to be much larger, and thus look worse. I'll look into seeing if this can be fixed.
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:09   #15
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Same for Round 10 default skin.

Also wrong with this skin are the buttons above the reply box (when going advanced) they all appear without a background but once you hover your mouse of them a grey background appears on the buttons (bold, italic, etc etc)
Confirmed this - I might just have to disable this skin I'm afraid.
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:14   #16
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On Xmas skin, trying to select another skin does not lead to it appearing. It just stays on xmas skin.

On alienskin I can't find the drop down menu to switch to a different skin.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:24   #17
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Some skins don't have the drop down menu Gate (I had the same issue with Alienskin!). You have to go into your user control panel and change it there.
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 17:02   #18
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Lamp View Post
[: salute :] now works

Phil, I assume the issues you talk about with submission of text are all with FF3.0.1 on the Planetarion 2.0 skin (and not the Nuclear Ashes or Mobile Infantry versions). I haven't been able to replicate them here yet though.
Thats correct.
Screenshot of the distorted input box with firebug open at http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6717/94339550pj2.jpg
submission of text seems to be working now
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 22:34   #19
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Lamp View Post
Confirmed this - I might just have to disable this skin I'm afraid.
After a quick check, just tested it on 4-5 different skins, all skins I tried suffered from the same problem so I doubt it is related to the round 10 skin (my personal favourite that I've been using since r10 )

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 22:39   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^ View Post
Thats correct.
Screenshot of the distorted input box with firebug open at http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6717/94339550pj2.jpg
submission of text seems to be working now
its the same in IE7 as well.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 22:43   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

I just checked all the skins and the problem with the grey backgrounds on the buttons when going into advanced mode appears to be coming from a box around it that isn't showing up.
The only skin where it does show up is "Pro Vizion Thin" and there it has a background colour of #e1e1e2 and a 1px black border around it.

In the Pro Vizion Thin skin the box does become to big for the design though.

Unread 17 Jul 2008, 23:23   #22
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Where is the old skin? Dunno it's name, allways used it o_O

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2008, 08:32   #23
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
Where is the old skin? Dunno it's name, allways used it o_O
The only skin missing at the moment is round 10 default skin.
I believe Lunar Lamp disabled that skin because it had some errors in it but after doing a check last night all skins except 1 have the same error in it so I see no reason to just disable that skin

I'm pretty sure Lunar Lamp will enable the skin again when he has located the problem (atleast I hope he will)

Unread 18 Jul 2008, 09:15   #24
Mit
Let battle commence

The problem will more than likely be that a lot of the templates need to be reverted back to the default (this won't effect styles placed on as images etc) - this is due to the masses of changes Jelsoft made to vBulletin which will have broken things.

Unread 18 Jul 2008, 16:14   #25
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

I've re-enabled the "Round 10 Default" skin.
Unread 21 Jul 2008, 12:19   #26
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Thank you!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2008, 12:51   #27
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

On the Round 10 skin when clicking "go to last post" it takes me to the first post in the thread
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 19:22   #28
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

not sure this is the right spot for this, but why do the forums keep trying to open up popup windows now? i keep getting blocked messages..
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 22:31   #29
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
not sure this is the right spot for this, but why do the forums keep trying to open up popup windows now? i keep getting blocked messages..
Can you give an example of what you are doing when this happens?

Only think I can think of that opens news windows is private messages.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Feb 2009, 07:57   #30
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

i was just browsing the forums. i wasn't even logged in tonight when it was blocking them. next time it does it i'll try to get a url of the thing it blocks. it doesn't happen on every page i load, which makes me think it might have something to do with an ad?

edit: yeah, its some url from adclick.

Last edited by Zaejii; 25 Feb 2009 at 18:06.
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2009, 11:16   #31
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

just had an advert toss an alert out of AVG too!

file name: ashoping.com/?sid=aff0048
threat name: Exploit MDAC ActiveX code execution (type 290)
Unread 1 Mar 2009, 14:16   #32
Kal
Inactive peon

At some point in the near future we wil be replacing the jolt ads.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Mar 2009, 17:36   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

As an update, completely updated the forums. There may be some template issues. Please feel free to point them out
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 18:29   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, ty for the arcade \o/
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote