SuziB

SuziB is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking to my galaxy

How do I talk just to my galaxy?!
SuziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2010, 14:47   #2
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Re: Talking to my galaxy

When you've logged in ot the game there should be a link on the menu saying "Forum", it's the fifth link from the top.
The forum displayed there should have a title saying "Galaxy forum x:y" with the x and y being the coordinates of your galaxy.

Just incase, this link should bring you do that page: http://game.planetarion.com/forum.pl?view=galaxy as well.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2010, 18:40   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

If you mean on irc , check your overview page for a irc channel although you will be shuffled at tick 12 so wait til then to find your gal channel, after the shuffle check overview or send a mail to any of the coloured planets on the galaxy page for info
as that shows who is Gc or a minister and they will help you out (unless they are arseholes )

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:13   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Why are ppl so nublike regarding irc - surely its been a mainstay of games like this for many many years now
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2011, 22:28   #5
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Kai... I think we take for granted the experience we have with IRC... sure once you figure it out... its really really easy... But 99% of internet users are far too dense (no offense SuziB) to figure it out. We're used to this plug and play IM clients that require little to no thought. IRC is the last of the chat clients that you need to log into a server -- join "channels" -- and know text commands.

So Suzi... go to www.netgamers.org and have a look around... register an account, read through some help files... OR...

http://www.netgamers.org/module.php?...=getfile&id=28

Download that... and read this:

http://www.netgamers.org/index.php?page_id=13

I'm sure there is a better Netgamers FAQ out there tho...
Unread 5 Jan 2011, 10:20   #6
Dark
BS Consultant

Dark will become famous soon enoughDark will become famous soon enough

I think a whole nee newbie guide that encompasses everything from PA including communication methods is required... or at least make any that do exist easier to find.

I'm going to look into this.

Last edited by Dark; 5 Jan 2011 at 10:27.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2011, 16:57   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There are a few out there. there's one specific to IRC here:
http://www.planetarion.com/misc/pages/irc-guide

There's also a general (slightly out of date) guide here:
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki..._Player_Manual
(which was based on my earlier 'draft': http://www.appocomaster.co.uk/Manual/intro.html - if anyone wants to rework it)
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 16:49   #8
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

I would also like to point something out, we want PA to grow and new players to play, but heaven forbid your a new player in a galaxy on here. Galaxys do not want new players, you exile without giving people a chance even when they are on IRC. There should be a new player gal option that can have some people who are experienced and patient to work with the new players to get them aclimated to the game so that they can learn IRC, find an alliance and really see how the game is played.

Probably not the right place to paste this but this could have helped SuziB
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2011, 12:11   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Only problem with writing a complete n00b guide is taht by the time its finished there probably wont be a pa anymore :/
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2017, 13:59   #10
foxymaay

foxymaay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
When you've logged in ot the game there should be a link on the menu saying "Forum", it's the fifth link from the top.
The forum displayed there should have a title saying "Galaxy forum x:y" with the x and y being the coordinates of your galaxy.

Just incase, this link should bring you do that page: http://game.planetarion.com/forum.pl?view=galaxy as well.
never seen it being used in my PA-life ever :P
foxymaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2017, 21:38   #11
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymaay View Post
never seen it being used in my PA-life ever :P
Using the Gal forum is a requirement in the 'Galaxy/Alliance set up' part of Quests found on the Overview page. A simple task for 20 xp points.
AlphanInfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2017, 00:31   #12
Cheggers

Cheggers can only hope to improve

Quest
Cheggers is offline   Reply With Quote