User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:12   #1
`Spider
teh 1 and only

`Spider is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Where did you come from?

I've been around IRC for years now, and ive seen thousands and thousands of people come and go, many stick around but what i have always wondered is how did everybody find out about planetarion? what brought you to the community and what made you stick about?

for me i was just introduced to it by my brother who im sure just made me sign up as at the time we were on a 56k modem and had to take turns in using the internet so im sure he made me sign up so he could use me to check on his own planet without my winging lol.

would be interesting to know if anybody wants to share their adventure!
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:19   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Where did you come from?

A friend of mine pointed me to that other game around March 2004. I started playing, and (after he had already left) I joined ROCK near the end of the year. I played r16 of PA when ROCK left that other game (seriously guys, is it really necessary to censor PIA's full name?), but quit after that one round. Returned for r19 to scan for Ascendancy and got hooked agaij. I rejoined ROCK during r23 and here we are today.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:31   #3
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

a rl friend of mine (nick Tekki or something like that) used to play either this game or the other one, and a bunch of us signed up accounts at school and we'd all launch at him during our lunch break, we used to die horribly i might add cos he was in an alliance (Swarm or something i seem to remember) and we were all noobs. anyway thats how i first found out about the game, i signed up an account when i started uni last year and been here since.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:35   #4
`Spider
teh 1 and only

everybody seems to have heared of it from a friend never actually just come accross it, its weird lol
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 17:11   #5
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

A friend pointed me to pa when r3 was like going for a week or two.

A few years later :s here i am, still , again , ...
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 17:29   #6
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd just started college and every morning our library's one pc room would be full of my friends checking their overviews, it all looked pretty cool and interesting to me so I signed up an account with about 2 weeks left of round 1. I think of those 9 or 10 players I am the only one who ever got truly addicted. None of them play anymore, just me, regretting that I ever looked over my friends shoulder and asked what he was doing.
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 17:43   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

A friend of mine played round 1 and I signed up with a couple of weeks to go.

He stopped playing (he didn't like it) and I kept going :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 19:12   #8
Spoticus
Professional Spammer

Spoticus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was up late one night in IRC chatting to some aussie TFC players who were talking about the end of round 1 PA in the same channel. It was like 2am and I was bored so I checked it out and started playing in r2. I mainly played during lunch/class from school and didnt have any friends I was playing with as such. My internet was shit and I didnt communicate much with anyone in game. Started really learning(becoming addicted to) the game in r3 and umm yeah
R3 - 79:21:14 (ViruS)
R4 - 80:14:14 (ViruS)
R5 - 9:21:22 (ViruS/T&P)
R6 - 2:21:14 (ViruS/T&P)
R7 - 7:13:14 (ViruS)
R8 - Somewhere Random (ViruS)
R9 - Uncaring but PHUNKY -_-
R9.5 - 31:1:9 (ViruS)
urwins
Spoticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 19:36   #9
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I was introduced to PA back in the middle of r1 by an online friend. I was a big player of Star Wars X-wing Alliance and was in a clan there and one of the clan members suggested I check out this new browser based space game called PA. I played r1 as a n00b, and I've been n00bing it ever since. Sadly everyone I've introduced to the game has disliked it... and now they all think I'm a nut for playing. Which unfortunately is kind of true.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 20:09   #10
`Spider
teh 1 and only

hehe same here, i think i made one of my mates stick it out for about 1 round then he got bored ofit but still lingers on irc now and again lol. we are the chosen ones lol
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 20:20   #11
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

aye, same story, school mate told me he was joining up into a game (this is way back just before r1 started) and so i joined in on his quest. we played up till r6, then we left the game. then one night last year i came home deunk, threw on the pc and done some random net searches, and found the good ol PA site, played r19 and have been here ever since :P

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 14:41   #12
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

I was at a counter strike LAN party with a load of friends and they started talking about PA, so i joined, i think that was round 2.
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 20:39   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

All the cool kids in school played PA, and i was one of the cool kids.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 23:37   #14
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

A mate I used to work with got me into playing Team Fortress Classic.

One day at work he passed a piece of paper to me and said "Here, a few of us play this game too."

About that time (Round 2) he stopped playing and my life went down hill... fast

Quite funny thinking back to then :/
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 00:16   #15
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

my step brother got me into playing it in r3, he quit midround and ive played ever since.

He still cant believe ive never finished t100, but its just a horrible, horrible truth
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 02:59   #16
`Spider
teh 1 and only

hehe its mad you never find anybody who just stumbled accross the game :P

ive been back a week on irc and already im up late tired in the days.. i now know why i never missed it lol the addiction is kicking back in
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 05:56   #17
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

mid r1 a friend i knew from undernet (sinnamon) told me i'd better sign up or else. so i did.

fatrick... that nick sounds familiar...
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 09:51   #18
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point

For me a link was posted on a message board for a football manage game,then called Championship manager.
joined end of R1 and started playing R2 through this other message board many a people signed up and we created =PCMA= haveing around about 6-7 galaxys (private with 25 i think?)
its all a bit fuzzy but i think i can remember people like Desse and Jurgen and a few more all starting with =PCMA=
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 10:30   #19
Delver
Ensign

Delver has a spectacular aura aboutDelver has a spectacular aura about

Well, to tell a different story. I read about the game in a newspaper (really!), and logged onto internet to see what this was all about. Must have been in round 2, and I stayed until round 10 or so.

Then i returned round 21, after having received a new cell-phone and discovered how good the game worked on the phone.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 11:44   #20
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I'm newcomer and old PIA player.
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 11:55   #21
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I was in MSN chat rooms ( how many people remember those .. )*** in a room called the quiz room, where someone asked a question, and the winner got to ask the next question, where i met some people who were quite nice and didnt A/S/L me who told me about this new game named planetarion, i had never heard of irc at the point ! ( complete noob )

I signed up for a planet and defended my quiz room pals for a while, then the next round they told me about IRC and invited me to join an alliance named ICD.

They have all gone now, i am still here.

*** for those who dont .. they all got closed up with many other big providers free chat rooms in the great ooohh .. the internet is full of perverts trying to abuse our kids, this is a terrible thing, theese are a breeding round, close them now, watch your childrens use of the net witch hunt in the press, and you cant blame the big providers fear of the press backlash.
And guess what, its still going on :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 31 Oct 2007 at 12:04.
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 16:54   #22
`Spider
teh 1 and only

lol:P
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 19:45   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
I was in MSN chat rooms ( how many people remember those .. )
Wasn't it 'The Zone' or something like that?
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 22:42   #24
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

m8t of mine dragged me in r1. he was an rl m8t of spinner who was made to test the game etc and left shortly after r1. I stayed as "all" the people at my school played. why I was so easy to impress by online "fame" back then I do not understand. I kinda wish I had laughed at thomas (my rl m8t) when he told me to join and play :/
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 23:15   #25
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

lots of people at my school played it, so they dragged me into it ofc :/
round 3 or something
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 23:44   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I was on Undernet helping to "run" #pcgamer in a 2 man chan (as in total), me and this guy from Wales. It was around Summer 2001 when he told me I had to sign up and get into his galaxy to play (Round 4). So I signed up, and we joined an alliance, which merged into PATO, and then into EL.
He got closed for some reason or another, but I made friends (somehow) with a group of people and ended up being in their galaxy for Round 5. The rest is history, I guess.
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 13:51   #27
LanMan
n00b

LanMan is on a distinguished road

Same story for me [Max] as for many others. A few friends at uni played and dragged me into the dirt. They stopped playing around R6-7 or something, while i kept on going to a round or so after PaX.

Also dragged my GF (Mbe) into the game to be able to continue playing in R9 i think it was.
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 16:10   #28
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
All the cool kids in school played PA, and i was one of the cool kids.
Ditto.
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 16:19   #29
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

My Sons were playing R1 and were at that time hogging my computer to do it, I saw the game, and got hooked my sons quit after a few rounds, but I have been here ever since
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2007, 01:29   #30
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

A random search on Yahoo for some online games (from my worlkplace I admit) led me to PA mid round 3.
There was a nice outside tool for creating and running alliances (forgot the name), I used it to create an ally for R4 (Bushido) we had 100+ members and 10+ official gals it was such a great fun. PTP killed all that, many people left, but I had the cash so I stuck around.
old Bushido stuff
more

Last edited by Makhil; 3 Nov 2007 at 01:37.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 21:35   #31
The_Preacher
SWaRM 4 Life

The_Preacher has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
a rl friend of mine (nick Tekki or something like that) used to play either this game or the other one, and a bunch of us signed up accounts at school and we'd all launch at him during our lunch break, we used to die horribly i might add cos he was in an alliance (Swarm or something i seem to remember) and we were all noobs. anyway thats how i first found out about the game, i signed up an account when i started uni last year and been here since.

I totally remember recruiting you into SWaRM back when i HCed them, we brought you in and you were like the 2nd biggest member.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 01:23   #32
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

During the big browser game craze, I was playing about 4 browser games including PA, and this is the only one that is still around...

Kind of a shame, I still miss some of those.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2007, 00:01   #33
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Started playing in r4 because it were the only way to stop my brother from hazzling about trying to play the game Planetarion. I were sceptical and thought i would only play it for a few days, and then tell him it sucked.

He stopped playing after r5, which weren't a shocker cause at that time i kinda used his account more then him. He's still haven't played pa since then, but i'm still addicted:crymeariver:
Unread 10 Nov 2007, 00:09   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I got introduced by a girl actually back in late round 1, a girl I had been flirting with and was kinda into until i called her one day and her fiancé picked up the phone.

I found out this small Norwegian alliance called DNato, and used way to much time on the game.
Unread 12 Nov 2007, 18:38   #35
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

I First played pa in the 1970's when appoco had to wind up the clock work server's him self and we had to input everything via chalk board
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2007, 18:39   #36
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I wasn't born then, it was Spinner time then :P
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 16:33   #37
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I was introduced while at school during R5 by Caj.
It looked quite fun so i started playing
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 12:21   #38
priji

priji is an unknown quantity at this point

All the kids in school played PA,
and i was one of the kids.
priji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2007, 01:37   #39
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Wasn't it 'The Zone' or something like that?
Are you thinking of MSN Gaming Zone?
Unread 28 Nov 2007, 10:00   #40
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

the round before p2p, joined as random.... a few fellas on my class played the game and got me try it at home one day... addicted
Unread 30 Nov 2007, 23:40   #41
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

i read about it in a newspaper when it was banned so thought it would be fun
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2008, 07:55   #42
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend told me about it back in round 11 so I started playing with him, he left but I continued playing.
Unread 22 Feb 2008, 12:10   #43
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

A former classm8 of mine told me about it mid-r3. After a while I found out some other people I knew(from a school LAN-group) were playing aswell, amongst them Filth(Mickemus) whom I've played with quite a bit since then.

When I switched schools and was idly sitting checking my overview this 2m dude came up to me and informed me he was LongFellow and was also playing. Although we didn't know each other from the game, it turned out my rnd7 gal was basicly the same as his rnd6 gal(Dwarfs), heh.

Anyway, something like that.
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 08:22   #44
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

A friend introduced me to planetarion in round 1 where since then i have had the irc nicks Vladel and Freestyler. I played through to the end of round seven and quit when legion disbanded. I came back two weeks ago
Found quite a few old mates.......

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2008, 09:24   #45
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

I started playing r1 after being in a undernet channel called beanbag. Someone called Xav convinced me and Aquila to play. We played and Aquila ended up in legion. By the end of round 2 I ended up leading BD (Blackdeath) a former wing of WaC as an independent alliance. What days. I really miss the old free rounds :-)
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2008, 22:07   #46
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about

Dunno that long ago, whatever round was going on when I registered. I lose track of everything
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 02:49   #47
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Back in 2000 I met this guy from my hometown on IRC. I knew him from before he moved away when my cousin used to take me to a LAN they used to have each summer. I asked him what he was doing now, and he said he didnt play much anymore, except this game called Planetarion. I signed up and got hooked. Joined a few weeks into round 2 Guess I finally quit after round 24, after a few very inactive rounds I've recruited loads and loads of players, most of them reallife freinds, but few of them still play. I had a jolly time playing PA while wasting my life, but id not do it differently

The guys nick is Arcade(I think ) btw, if someone knew him back then Dont think hes been playing for ages, but I do know he knows quite a few of the guys who started with PA back in the days. I actually remember that he had had his acc deleted for inactivity, but the PA team were nice enough to let him take over another planet that was marked for deletion

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 20:09   #48
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

The further maths posse at my school used to join our own undernet IRC channel for an hour or so on sunday afternoons. One guy found pa, made the rest of us play (JC too!) - at one point I think we had summat like ~20 real life people playing. They all left circa r5, JC left circa r9, and I'm still here Hate them all. They're like cretins that 'make' you smoke, you get addicted, they quit, and you die young HATE THEM! Pure hatred.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 15:40   #49
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

PC game seller told us about pa in 2000, when me and amon where wondering can we play against eachother or something with the game as we liked human opponents... Never would have believed how much that url the seller gave affected my life. Total butterfly effect is gross misunderstatement how small thing effect in the long run.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote