User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:01   #51
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of
Re: Why do faggots have an accent?

You don't do work in an office? hahahahhahaha Most lawyers spend the greater part of their time researching and writing court briefs. Even if you're a trial lawyer.

All that respone did was make me more skeptical as to your alleged lawyer status. If you're such a bigwig, there should be no problem with providing people with your most cursory business details such as name and contact information. People who actually practice law would have no problem sharing that anyways.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:02   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my wig is quite small.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:06   #53
Duncan

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

I think you just pretend to be a lawyer online.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:08   #54
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That would be better than the many lawyers I know who just pretend to be lawyers in court.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:08   #55
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think you're easily confused and are of little value as a poster aside from occaissionally making yourself look stupid and hence a figure of fun.

isn't it nice how we share these things
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:18   #56
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Eerm... whitetrash... just out of curiousity...

How does someone's occupation even enter into what gets posted on forums? I try and post semi-legitimate comments... But then again I've posted complete rubbish {lo rat, jerome} at times too. What occupation am I?

As for gay accents and the like... Well, I know a couple of guys who can change their accents very well and they're damn funny too. But their natural voices... I can't say I notice any real difference.

I base this on the fact that two of the guys I know are twins and sound *very* similar to one another. One's flaming gay, and the other one is about as straight as they come...

Hrm. *random two cents {cdn. 0.85p. 1.5amd, etc}*
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:18   #57
Duncan

A PA playing nobody.

I'm suprised a full time lawyer would have such time to waste on the internet and would refuse to easily prove me wrong. But since you've seen him in court and realized he's the real deal after a 2 minute conversation, I'll stop with the offtopic posts.

Quote:
How does someone's occupation even enter into what gets posted on forums? I try and post semi-legitimate comments... But then again I've posted complete rubbish {lo rat, jerome} at times too. What occupation am I?
I've seen his profession mentioned a few times in previous threads. How does anything enter into what gets posted? Someone brings it up.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:26   #58
Yahwe
I am.

dda claims he's a lawyer too.

maybe it's all a big conspiracy to take over the forums.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:28   #59
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is also Cooling.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:49   #60
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cooling is a lawyer?

how unexpected.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:50   #61
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought he was a law student.

And what's the deal Witetrash. I know a regular on the RP forums who is (well a couple of days from that officially) an astro-phycisist, and I know him in real life. Actually he'll be ringing my door in some minutes for a game of chess.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 20:02   #62
Duncan

Umm the lawyer point is moot, really. At the end of the day, Yahwe still takes it up the ass and the general public hates his profession.

More on topic: You insult a wide variety groups and individuals, and then clearly get angry when the homos get some mud thrown in their direction. You get to the point of physical threats. Alot of gays do have a weird accent and it would be interesting to know where/when/why it came into existence.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:03   #63
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i don't really see how you're so personally offended yahwe. it was a general pondering open for discussion, it was nothing personal towards you, nor biggoted in any way.
maybe the 'accent' is more clearly defined in north america (i actually can't imagine what a british 'camp (as you call it)' accent would sound like, but over here there is a very distinct accent that most (not all) gay guys seem to have. i've never heard a lesbian with this accent and i don't know why.. i've never heard a straight person with this accent and i don't know why.

it exists whether you are willing to admit it or not. i don't see admitting this and pondering it as being offensive at all.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:29   #64
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Whenever these sorts of threads pop up i always find it amusing to see who tries to offer a reasonable answer (eg, Deffeh, T&F) , and who goes for the moderately homophobic attempts at humour (eg, JJ, Kura), and those who answer what they suppose to be a balanced answer but end up being just as bad as this latter category on account of the way the view homosexuals as possibly some kind of cave-dwelling entity which operates on entirely different principles to the rest of humanity (eg, Arke and to some extent Radical Ed)
Hey.

I don't think homosexuals are less developed than the rest of the people around, they are just a smaller group, wich makes them easier to define.

Most guys sleep with (or want to) women. It is not easy to find any noticeable trait in such a huge group.

It might be easier in a smaller group such as gay men. If it exists that is.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:37   #65
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Homosexuals, or the general perception by society is that they are all camp. Obviously this is false. Not all gay are camp and not all camp people are gay. It's just that when someone fits a certain stereotype we are more likely to remember. It's because you expect it that it seems that most do it when in reality it's nowhere near all.

You might know a number of homosexuals who don't speak in the way that you describe, you just don't know they are gay.
What is "camp"?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:41   #66
Millions

Millions is infamous around these partsMillions is infamous around these parts

this thread has revealed that deeptoad has all the perspective of a backwoods welsh gypsy
Millions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:50   #67
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mr. Humphreys, Are You Being Served

it's the feminine, soft-spoken, limp-wristed kind of stereotype. I'm not really sure what examples I could really give that you would understand.

As someone said earlier, its the people who go 'oh darling, you look FABULOUS!!!' while prancing about.

Most fashion designers.

that is a brief description of what you might consider campness to be.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 21:55   #68
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ok. I get the picture (kind of udnerstood it from the context)
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 22:41   #69
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
There is also Cooling.
A Student

I imagine it would be terribly difficult to pretend to be a Lawyer on these forums.

The proposition is absurd, I'm sure every single person has been mistaken at least once in the past whilst attempting to 'prove' such an untenable assumption. Let us be clear, it is a form of baseless discrimination that should not be justified simply because it "works most of the time". If you do not think it is justified, then please try to avoid doing it.

We dont need to stereotype people in this way.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 23:18   #70
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
You don't do work in an office? hahahahhahaha Most lawyers spend the greater part of their time researching and writing court briefs. Even if you're a trial lawyer.

All that respone did was make me more skeptical as to your alleged lawyer status. If you're such a bigwig, there should be no problem with providing people with your most cursory business details such as name and contact information. People who actually practice law would have no problem sharing that anyways.
In England, we have a division in 'lawyers' - solicitors (who do all the tough paperwork) and barristers (your 'trial lawyers'). Solicitors work in offices, but barristers work in chambers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The key difference between the two professions is that a solicitor is an attorney, meaning that they stand in the place of their client, wheras a barrister merely speaks on behalf of their client. For example, a solicitor may hold funds on behalf of their client (for example in conveyancing) whereas a barrister is forbidden from doing so. Solicitors are also officers of the court, barristers are not.

A further difference is that a barrister may either be "employed" or in "independent practice". An employed barrister may represent only their employer -- and thus may not give general legal services to the public. Most representation is given by barristers in independent practice, who may not be members of partnerships (as solicitors usually are), but must act as sole traders with unlimited liability.

In order to function in the legal services market, most barristers in independent practice form themselves into groups, called "chambers" or "sets". Many common costs are shared between members of the set, including the finding of work.

Barristers in independent practice could not, in the past, accept work directly from members of the public, but could only be instructed through the intermediary of a solicitor. This is still the normal way in which such barristers are instructed, but many now offer various kinds of direct access.
I hope this helps.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 23:36   #71
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

wubwoo too whitetrash
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 23:49   #72
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

one would assume so as he has taken the bar...

Quote:
don't really see how you're so personally offended yahwe. it was a general pondering open for discussion, it was nothing personal towards you, nor biggoted in any way.
maybe the 'accent' is more clearly defined in north america (i actually can't imagine what a british 'camp (as you call it)' accent would sound like, but over here there is a very distinct accent that most (not all) gay guys seem to have. i've never heard a lesbian with this accent and i don't know why.. i've never heard a straight person with this accent and i don't know why.

it exists whether you are willing to admit it or not. i don't see admitting this and pondering it as being offensive at all.

Hes also slept with every girl bar one or two in the all girls school we had close to us at grammar school. (presumably he has continued this trend as we are now 21)...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 23:55   #73
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, he is a barrister.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:06   #74
furball

Seriously though.

Standard barrister's wig.

Proper judge's wig. (seen more in Court of Appeal)

Standard judge's wig. (seen more in Crown Courts)

I am probably wrong. Awaiting for Yahwe to correct me.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:27   #75
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Seriously though.

Standard barrister's wig.

Standard judge's wig. (seen more in Crown Courts)

I am probably wrong. Awaiting for Yahwe to correct me.
I am sure that Yahwe would not have a standard barrister's wig as I am sure he is an above standard barrister.

Proteus---New Zealand attorney?
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:28   #76
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
A Student
Where do you go to school and what do you want to be when you grow up?
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:55   #77
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
this is just ceremonial now, used for the judges processions and what nots

civil judges hardly ever robe, the law lords just wear suits so you only see the standard judges wig in courts now (both the court of appeal and criminal courts, and whenever a civil judge can be bothered to robe)
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:57   #78
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
i don't really see how you're so personally offended yahwe.
i am not personally offended.

i am personally saddened that deepflow could be so foolish.

the fact that you do not understand the issue at hand does not surprise me.
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 10:08   #79
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
I imagine it would be terribly difficult to pretend to be a Lawyer on these forums.
I doubt this, unless you specifically said things that could be proven false (e.g. contradicting something that was part of the public record) or were frequently careless in what you said.

If you were asked a technical question it's not like you're obliged to answer immediately if at all.Of course, these sorts of things become much harder if you're trying to deceive people in person, but if you lived in a far-off country that's not coming to come up often.

Now, I have no idea why anyone would want to pretend to be a lawyer, but that's another matter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 10:24   #80
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Proteus---New Zealand attorney?
No, I'm British, and I'm about to start at the College of Law. (I graduated from Cambridge in June.)

I'm merely anticipicating with some foreboding the amount of work I'm going to have to do. (I suspect it'll be considerably more than a Classics degree involved.)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 11:16   #81
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i see marriage to a fool has eroded any sense you had already.
I see you're still a moron.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:07   #82
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
What kind of a lawyer comes on to a webboard to troll and insult people less intelligent then him? Shouldn't you be "above" this time wasting scene Yahwe? Maybe you don't enjoy your life in a tedious, shitty, unrewarding job. Do you feel that you're squandering your existence sitting in a lifeless office, churning out ultimately meaningless paperwork?
do you take two bottles into the shower?

this rant sounds like a commercial.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 15:04   #83
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions
this thread has revealed that deeptoad has all the perspective of a backwoods welsh gypsy
So's your face
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 15:11   #84
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I think it will be one of those eternal mysteries

shame, im sure whatever he has to say is worth hearing.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 00:03   #85
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
A lot of rugby players have some kind of way of speaking that makes them distinctively 'rugby lads'

:eek:

A lot of geeks have some kind of way of speaking that makes them distinctively 'geeks'.

i play rugby for my county and as im posting on here i guess im slightly geeky yet ive never been told i speak in a diffrent accent
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 08:05   #86
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Females talk in a certain "female" way. Coming from a homosexual, it becomes an "accent" when in reality, it's really just the female way of saying things but just in a deeper, male kind of tone.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 13:16   #87
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I often wonder this.

When I was a teen my best friend was gay. I slowely noticed him becoming more camp. Now, I can understand why people become more camp as it seems to be a gay cultural thing. I've never really understood why there is gay accent. Maybe the personality change due to the cultural thing also affects the vocal cords. I suppose I'd have to know more about how the brain can affect vocal cords to know more.

Anyway, who cares? Does it put you off men you'd like to be playing doctors and nurses with? I had to fit in an insult somewhere, and there it was. Good-day. Love you. Bye.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 14:28   #88
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I noticed that while I was in Sheffield I started developing a slight Yorkshire accent...
Maybe it's like that?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 14:38   #89
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Ah noticed 'a' while ah wor i' Dee-Dar ah started developin eur sleight Yorksha accent... maybe it's li' 'a'?
fixed

does that make any sense at all btw? I just pasted Ste's quote into one of those 'fun' translation thingies.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 15:24   #90
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

makes sense to me actually...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 18:55   #91
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I noticed that while I was in Sheffield I started developing a slight Yorkshire accent...
Maybe it's like that?
I developed a slight Welsh accent nothing like Adam/midge5's thick accent though, thank god