User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 16:20   #201
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Taking a whole tag to land ONE wave. Well done!
not to bad out of two waves, and wasn't our entire tag lol
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 17:38   #202
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
So your solution for CT is to tell their members to stop playing pa. Fantastic.
No just to do a bit of DCing for themselves/others when they are on and not to talk/type shite in the members channel whilst the incs go uncovered like I witnessed in R40
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 17:42   #203
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
The moral of the story is.. ODDR is unbelievably shit.
I agree. ODDR is shit. Probably even shitter than F-crew or Orbit once were.

Nevertheless, it took only 12 shitty fleets of shitty value of a shitty alliance to land on you... and we thoroughly enjoyed that little moment of success ^^
Just let us be proud of this achievement... achievements are scarce when you are in ODDR ;-)

P.s. you wont hear me whine about the blocks, NAPS etc. If at the end Ult wins... then they played on all bases the best and the rest is bollocks.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 18:02   #204
MysticQue
Spy of the Spy

MysticQue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
I agree. ODDR is shit. Probably even shitter than F-crew or Orbit once were.

Nevertheless, it took only 12 shitty fleets of shitty value of a shitty alliance to land on you... and we thoroughly enjoyed that little moment of success ^^
Just let us be proud of this achievement... achievements are scarce when you are in ODDR ;-)

P.s. you wont hear me whine about the blocks, NAPS etc. If at the end Ult wins... then they played on all bases the best and the rest is bollocks.
Orbit is shit ?? Hope not -.- and ur back playing ?
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 18:08   #205
Membrivio

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticQue View Post
Orbit is shit ?? Hope not -.- and ur back playing ?
MQ! Orbit often has been perceived as shit in the eyes of the upper tier alliances... but, we know we were awesome! That's enough ^^

And yes, I returned. Unfortunately :P

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 18:33   #206
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Im just saying that if Ultores got less incs than say CT, HaveN or dS, its no wonder they are doing so good.
Same reason as Ultores won r46 when fang had a few thousand more incs than Ult
Ult always said this was the easiest round they won.
I wonder tho, why do you try to act clever again..
You get put into the ground, you take a day to forget it and you try to act smug again?
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 19:42   #207
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
So your solution for CT is to tell their members to stop playing pa. Fantastic.
i am quite clearly not saying that.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 19:44   #208
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
MQ! Orbit often has been perceived as shit in the eyes of the upper tier alliances... but, we know we were awesome! That's enough ^^

And yes, I returned. Unfortunately :P
membrivio is awesome, rest of orbit...bit meh.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 23:05   #209
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i am quite clearly not saying that.
"that is the nature of PA. if people cannot be bothered to DC their own incs then dont play PA."

I don't know if I'm just thick but this seems to come up in just about every thread from ult/asc posters who apparently think it's a really insightful point to suggest that alliances like ct need to change the 'culture' in the alliance, or 'evolve' in some manner that results in their members' suddenly wanting to dedicate more of their life to a pretty uneventful game.

The reason why ct, and i imgaine nd or whoever else you aim this crap at, don't have an alliance full of members willing to put in the dedication to dc their incs 24/7 is because those kinds of players, with small exceptions, all join each other in alliances like ult or app.

If there's any obvious change that could be suggested, I'd look at ultores players who might like more of a challenge in future and consider joining a less exclusive alliance, or maybe some apprime players who secretly think that the point of joining an alliance is to try and actually win the game with them.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 00:03   #210
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

If you're not prepared to go the extra mile, don't pretend that you can compete for #1?
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 01:14   #211
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Not really a helpful reply. No one has suggested seriously (for a long time now) that anyone can challenge Ult for #1.

But it's a big step from there to not being able to play unless you're prepared to give up sleep.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 01:15   #212
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper
If you're not prepared to go the extra mile, don't pretend that you can compete for #1?
Not that being unable to match the dedication and activity as found in ult should really count as you being unwilling to go the extra mile for your alliance, but i doubt you'll find too many ct players suggesting they're likely to win the next round. The point is that the suggestions people are making as to how ct get into that position are basically "ask for more dedication from your members" (useless).
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 01:35   #213
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't know if I'm just thick but this seems to come up in just about every thread from ult/asc posters who apparently think it's a really insightful point to suggest that alliances like ct need to change the 'culture' in the alliance, or 'evolve' in some manner that results in their members' suddenly wanting to dedicate more of their life to a pretty uneventful game.
He's not Ult or Asc. Neither is Paisley, who is the other person who frequently talks about CT needing to change their defence culture.

Just to further dismiss your point, the amount of people who actually DC in Ult (and who dc'ed in Asc) is a lot smaller than you seem to think. Generally speaking a BP will have one or two people who dc, and anyone going random gets left out to dry if they haven't arranged someone to do it for them or ended up in a fort galaxy.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 01:38   #214
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

not really sure why "Become more dedicated" or "Change the culture" isn't good advice on how to win the round?
Seems to me like its a solution you haven't tried, its just CT's player base isn't prepared to do that. What i think is being said is, stop pretending like you are competing for #1 when your players don't have the time to get up during the night and DC/respond to sms.
If you're just going to flag ship 1-2 planets because that's all the def pool can manage to defend. Then have THAT as your goal for the round.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 03:01   #215
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

We're not talking about winning the round. We're talking about being able to go to bed in the knowledge that any incs that appear won't be completely ignored.

If you can't even comprehend the problem then please try to stop offering irrelevant solutions.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 03:38   #216
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
We're not talking about winning the round. We're talking about being able to go to bed in the knowledge that any incs that appear won't be completely ignored.
To be honest, if you don't want to lose roids, then you should take some responsibility, instead of trusting responsibilities in others.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 04:01   #217
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

I actually know that's the reality, Clouds - I've had more sleepless nights this round than in any previous ones.

I wonder why it is that you so-called elite players all seem to miss the point. One of the supposed advantages of being part of a team is that you don't have to do everything yourself. At the very least you should be able to be "on duty" for only part of the time. If an alliance doesn't offer its members at least a semblance of "safety in numbers" then there's really no advantage in joining up.

Fairly soon you guys will have no "casual" players to prey upon. I hope you have fun when you're finally reduced to 3 tags of 40 hard-core players trying to roid each other.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 05:34   #218
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wonder why it is that you so-called elite players all seem to miss the point. One of the supposed advantages of being part of a team is that you don't have to do everything yourself. At the very least you should be able to be "on duty" for only part of the time. If an alliance doesn't offer its members at least a semblance of "safety in numbers" then there's really no advantage in joining up.
It depends what your definition of a team is. My definition is the majority of an alliance updating mydef every night, calling/sms'ing members who are under attack and responding to sms/calls. Your definition seems to be all of the above, plus others making your calcs and calling for ships.

Quote:
Fairly soon you guys will have no "casual" players to prey upon. I hope you have fun when you're finally reduced to 3 tags of 40 hard-core players trying to roid each other.
You seem to be under the assumption that alliances like Ultores consist of only 'hardcore' & 'elite' players who actively dc their incoming at night, when the reality is there's just a minority who actively dc (in Ultores). The difference how an alliance like Ultores is run to an alliance like CT is how it's organised, defencively. Ie, being in buddy-packs where at least one person dc's from that buddy-pack, whether it's a fort or otherwise, and of course grounding when you're being planet-targetted.

There are folk in Ultores like agar3s, who actively dc's for others (mostly in the second part of a round). Taking these factors in to account is why Ultores has won every consecutive round since r43. Politics of course has played a big part in their victory, but it's mostly about organisation and not losing morale.

Last edited by Clouds; 27 Sep 2012 at 05:51.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 06:54   #219
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plus the fact that you guys VNC all time time. Come on, be honest!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 08:54   #220
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wonder why it is that you so-called elite players all seem to miss the point.
That's twice you've had it explained to you now, I wonder if you'll read it this time. I suspect not. It's easier to believe the people beating you are all 24 hour hardcore planetarion players.

Plus we all VNC, like mz said. We eat babies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
At the very least you should be able to be "on duty" for only part of the time.
This is pretty much what we do - by having our DCs based on bp rather than people doing it for the whole alliance.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 14:07   #221
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd like to say for next round, seriously, PASTA are going to have to get involved to BRING IT and help to make sure Ult don't win. Because leaving it to the rest of you guys, really, does not work. And we kinda conquered FOCKERS this round, so this is the next logical step.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 14:19   #222
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'd like to say for next round, seriously, PASTA are going to have to get involved to BRING IT and help to make sure Ult don't win. Because leaving it to the rest of you guys, really, does not work. And we kinda conquered FOCKERS this round, so this is the next logical step.
PASTA... hahahahahahahahahahaha

Also... GO APPOCO! GO GET THEM!

Unread 27 Sep 2012, 15:00   #223
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
That's twice you've had it explained to you now, I wonder if you'll read it this time. I suspect not. It's easier to believe the people beating you are all 24 hour hardcore planetarion players.

Plus we all VNC, like mz said. We eat babies too.

This is pretty much what we do - by having our DCs based on bp rather than people doing it for the whole alliance.
I have read every word of every post in this thread (and most other threads) and I don't see how any of your previous posts "explain" it at all - but moving along. I'm sure you're not going to try to pretend that "the people" beating CT aren't far more active.

As to MZ's point, we've all heard rumours but I'd have agreed with you if you had said "It's easier to believe the people beating you are all using VNC". For the record, I've never made that assertion.

You finally address my point in your last comment. You at least have "DCs" - if only based on BPs. We in CT have no DCs at all this round. Now do you see the difference?
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 15:11   #224
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'd like to say for next round, seriously, PASTA are going to have to get involved to BRING IT

I can picture Agar3s DCing next round SMSing and !call trying to get some anti carbonara eta 7
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 15:15   #225
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
You finally address my point in your last comment. You at least have "DCs" - if only based on BPs. We in CT have no DCs at all this round. Now do you see the difference?
It is the HC(s) responsibility to create a defense culture in the ally...

Also why it may be a problem to recruit members who will DC if the defense culture was left to decay for several + rounds?
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 15:54   #226
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I can picture Agar3s DCing next round SMSing and !call trying to get some anti carbonara eta 7
If I ever make it possible to make admin only ships ... that's so happening.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 15:57   #227
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

I can't argue with you there, Paisley.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 16:04   #228
Shev
So what?

Quote:
I have read every word of every post in this thread (and most other threads) and I don't see how any of your previous posts "explain" it at all - but moving along. I'm sure you're not going to try to pretend that "the people" beating CT aren't far more active.
Pretend? I don't need to, it's true. I log in about twice a day, once to launch on the targets picked for me by one of the two people in my gal that are active, and I'm going to finish top 50 probably. Those same two run defence and sms me to send def. A lot of Ult players are exactly the same.

Like I said, you want to believe we're a bunch of people who sit at the keyboard 24/7, playing Planetarion, just so you can feel you are beaten by people who have all the advantages. Sorry, it's just not true. There are some very active people in Ultores, but not the whole alliance, not by a long shot.

Quote:
Quote:
You're trying to say having any DCs at all makes an alliance hardcore? Really?

If you were arguing for changing the game to remove the need for this, I'd be agreeing - I'm one of the most vocal people here about Planetarion needing to move to a game played by people who are awake, but really you're just having a whine about the ultra-active-elite-people in Ultores, which is pointless, as well as not really being true.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 18:14   #229
oil

Quote:
He's not Ult or Asc. Neither is Paisley, who is the other person who frequently talks about CT needing to change their defence culture.
The last time i read these boards it was asc posters saying the same crap, as if they had discovered some deeply interesting way to manage their community rather than just possessing players who are more active than everyone else and more interested in the game. If you're not an ult/app poster saying it now then i don't know why you're saying it to begin with because you're not in an alliance that can really point at ct's ability in a questioning manner anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Just to further dismiss your point, the amount of people who actually DC in Ult (and who dc'ed in Asc) is a lot smaller than you seem to think. Generally speaking a BP will have one or two people who dc, and anyone going random gets left out to dry if they haven't arranged someone to do it for them or ended up in a fort galaxy.
You're not "further dismissing my point" when you aren't responding to the content of it in the first place, which is that the repeated "get more dedication from your players" suggestion is useless bullshit. I really couldn't care less how your buddypacks function. nearly every inc on an ult planet gets covered unless the entire active universe is hitting them. The actual issue of exactly how you set up having ten times as many dcs as ct doesn't detract from the fact that you still have that many more of them to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper
not really sure why "Become more dedicated" or "Change the culture" isn't good advice on how to win the round?
Because saying "you should get your members to be more dedicated" is the exact equivalent in usefulness as saying "do better next round". Exactly what should the hc do to make their players more dedicated? exactly what part of cts "culture" needs to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_esper
Seems to me like its a solution you haven't tried, its just CT's player base isn't prepared to do that.
And the reason why it isn't a solution is because of the part i have bolded for you in your very own sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_esper
If you're just going to flag ship 1-2 planets because that's all the def pool can manage to defend. Then have THAT as your goal for the round.
Ct's been quite open about going for lesser victories once ally win looks to be off the cards (and why wouldn't you be), and as already stated, no one in ct appears to be trumpeting about their impending victory. i'm confident you didn't just make that shit up because you're mad about how ronin kept beating you and your friends to the top spot though so we'll just leave that there.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 18:25   #230
Shev
So what?

Quote:
The last time i read these boards it was asc posters saying the same crap, as if they had discovered some deeply interesting way to manage their community rather than just possessing players who are more active than everyone else and more interested in the game. If you're not an ult/app poster saying it now then i don't know why you're saying it to begin with because you're not in an alliance that can really point at ct's ability in a questioning manner anyway.
I haven't said anything about CT thus far. You need to read posts a little better.

Quote:
You're not "further dismissing my point" when you aren't responding to the content of it in the first place, which is that the repeated "get more dedication from your players" suggestion is useless bullshit. I really couldn't care less how your buddypacks function. nearly every inc on an ult planet gets covered unless the entire active universe is hitting them. The actual issue of exactly how you set up having ten times as many dcs as ct doesn't detract from the fact that you still have that many more of them to begin with.
I was responding to your incorrect statement that Ult and Asc posters were saying CT needed to change. See, right here:

Quote:
Here is my first comment on CT in this thread: If you can't get any DCs at all, which is what two of you have now claimed, then you should disband. What exactly are you offering you members? If all of them are happy joining an alliance that doesn't offer defence, then why are you whining about it?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 18:32   #231
oil

Quote:
Pretend? I don't need to, it's true. I log in about twice a day, once to launch on the targets picked for me by one of the two people in my gal that are active, and I'm going to finish top 50 probably. Those same two run defence and sms me to send def. A lot of Ult players are exactly the same.

Like I said, you want to believe we're a bunch of people who sit at the keyboard 24/7, playing Planetarion, just so you can feel you are beaten by people who have all the advantages. Sorry, it's just not true. There are some very active people in Ultores, but not the whole alliance, not by a long shot.
Qualifying your statement at the end with "There are some very active people in Ultores, but [...]" doesn't make any of what you just said any less laughable. If you have two players in a buddypack who dc your inc every night and then TA for you... I mean are you ****ing kidding me.. That is huge dedication to the game (on their part) and if you have two per buddypack then guess what, you are indeed in an alliance with activity and dedication well above that found in ct (or pretty much anywhere else i imagine)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your "second and final log in" of the day generally occurs whenever you've just been sms'd to send def (i.e. you still essentially have round the clock availability). If you aren't, and your alliance actually consists of three players per BP who do nothing but log in twice a day to do what they're told then you are one incredibly ****ing lucky alliance judging by how often they manage to pick their Second And Final Log In Of The Day to be exactly when the inc shows up.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 18:42   #232
Shev
So what?

Why would it be at any other time? I have a phone that can access the internet. Hardly an elitist tool these days, I'm afraid.

Why are you trying to tell me Ultores is better that CT anyway. We can look at the universe page for that. If you enjoy playing in CT, then what is the problem?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 20:20   #233
oil

Quote:
I haven't said anything about CT thus far. You need to read posts a little better.
The "you" in my post was in reference to the posters you'd just identified as not being asc or ult. not you.

Quote:
I was responding to your incorrect statement that Ult and Asc posters were saying CT needed to change. See, right here:
Turns out that you weren't actually saying that. See, right here:
"Just to further dismiss your point, the amount of people who actually DC in Ult (and who dc'ed in Asc) is a lot smaller than you seem to think. Generally speaking a BP will have one or two people who dc, and anyone going random gets left out to dry if they haven't arranged someone to do it for them or ended up in a fort galaxy.".

See how what you were actually doing was talking down ults' relative activity to ct as opposed to talking about the alliance affiliations of posters talking about suggested improvements to cts defence culture? It's always a beautiful thing when this happens right after some smug idiot started his post with "You need to read posts a little better."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shev
Here is my first comment on CT in this thread: If you can't get any DCs at all, which is what two of you have now claimed, then you should disband. What exactly are you offering you members?
I imagine whoever said that was suggesting that they have no guaranteed dcs for certain time periods or whatever. they still seem to cover inc pretty well. ofcourse not every alliance can offer a parasite like yourself a guaranteed personal nightly dc and bc to assign targets for you. You've obviously mastered the productivity to be found in a two logins per day play style coupled with fortuitous friendships made throughout your PA career, ensuring a coveted leftover spot in one of the hardcore alliances. The problem is that there's only so many of those spots out there. Where are ct players going to move to? What's the better option?

Quote:
If all of them are happy joining an alliance that doesn't offer defence, then why are you whining about it?
Without wanting to play to your intellectual strengths (knowing the alliance history of various players), i'm pretty sure it isn't ct players (or me) whining about a lack of defence in ct here. i'm pretty sure the whining is coming from people who desperately want to make an insightful post about how to improve alliances underneath ultores, but after several re-writes just have to settle with a slightly reworded derivative of "get better"

Last edited by oil; 27 Sep 2012 at 20:30.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 20:22   #234
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
It is the HC(s) responsibility to create a defense culture in the ally...
It's not totally clear to me as an observer exactly what you expect them to do. Maybe as former HC (or whatever) of subh, you can explain exactly how you managed to turn that alliance's defence culture into something ct can aspire to.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 20:27   #235
oil

Quote:
Why would it be at any other time?
I mentioned it because i can imagine some people may have read your post and accidentally thought that when you were talking about not being as dedicated to the game as others might think, that you might of meant you weren't willing to get up at any point in the night pretty much every night of the round. y'know, as one of the inactives in the alliance.

Quote:
Why are you trying to tell me Ultores is better that CT anyway. We can look at the universe page for that.
well i was saying they were more active because it was pretty crucial in me pointing out that it's basically why they keep winning. As opposed to it being because they have really unique insight on how to 'evolve' their 'defence culture' or whatever (etc, read my posts)

Quote:
If you enjoy playing in CT, then what is the problem?
I'm not in CT, but what problem is it that CT players (or i) have raised here? it's others who're offering (empty) solutions to alleged problems.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 20:56   #236
Shev
So what?

Quote:
I'm not in CT, but what problem is it that CT players (or i) have raised here?
You actually can't read, can you?

Quote:
I understand exactly what you're saying but you're not acknowledging that the majority of players want (need?) to be able to sleep at night. These players aren't going to stick around for long when they wake up most mornings to find that they have undefended incs. Under the "old style" DC regime they'd at least see that someone had tried to cover them.
Quote:
You at least have "DCs" - if only based on BPs. We in CT have no DCs at all this round.
And you calling me a parasite is hilarious, given your own time in Ult. It's also funny to see you criticise that style of play in Ultores but stand up for people who don't want to log in in other alliance. One eyed much?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 21:46   #237
oil

Quote:
You actually can't read, can you?
haha good one oh hey do you remember this post btw http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=233

The first arc quote is a good reason for why an alliance like ct needs to have dcs. The second point (like several of mine) is an attempt to explain to people like you how your alliance's success is much more down to the activity in your alliance rather than insightful knowledge contained within it regarding defensive cultural growth.

These are problems raised solely to point out how dumb some of your suggestions are and have absolutely nothing to do with ct players whining about not getting enough defence.
Quote:
And you calling me a parasite is hilarious, given your own time in Ult.
well let us all in on the hilarious story then.. i imagine it'll be a little light on details given i've never actually been in ultores.

Quote:
It's also funny to see you criticise that style of play in Ultores but stand up for people who don't want to log in in other alliance. One eyed much?
no i'm fine with people doing it, i just wanted to point out to you that you're essentially offering suggestions on how to deal with the problem of having an alliance full of.... you.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 23:19   #238
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:

You're trying to say having any DCs at all makes an alliance hardcore? Really?

If you were arguing for changing the game to remove the need for this, I'd be agreeing - I'm one of the most vocal people here about Planetarion needing to move to a game played by people who are awake, but really you're just having a whine about the ultra-active-elite-people in Ultores, which is pointless, as well as not really being true.
You clearly have either:
1/ Not read a single word I've typed;
2/ Failed (miserably) to understand any of them;
3/ Are deliberately avoiding the points I've made and coming back with straw man arguments (otherwise known as trolling).

If you can play the game whilst only logging in twice a day then you're actually agreeing with my point.

Your suggestion that the way for CT to solve its problems is for it to dissolve is on a par with your previous one that it should get its members to be more active. In other words you offer the following insight, "get better or stop playing" to which my reply was (and is);
Quote:
The one thing we do agree upon is that Ult is better than CT. Your assertion that this has nothing to do with activity is b*ll*cks - and you know it.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 23:44   #239
Shev
So what?

Quote:
You clearly have either:
1/ Not read a single word I've typed;
2/ Failed (miserably) to understand any of them;
3/ Are deliberately avoiding the points I've made and coming back with straw man arguments (otherwise known as trolling).

If you can play the game whilst only logging in twice a day then you're actually agreeing with my point.

Your suggestion that the way for CT to solve its problems is for it to dissolve is on a par with your previous one that it should get its members to be more active. In other words you offer the following insight, "get better or stop playing" to which my reply was (and is);

The one thing we do agree upon is that Ult is better than CT. Your assertion that this has nothing to do with activity is b*ll*cks - and you know it.
We can go backwards and forwards saying noone is reading each others posts all day, but it's pointless really. I am agreeing with a lot of what you say. Show me where I said Ult being better was down to anything other than activity?

And I don't see that disbanding an alliance with no dcs is a useless suggestion. It's either that or recruit them. I'm not really trying to offer you advice though, it's your alliance, if you're happy with it that's enough for me.

All I'm trying to do is puncture this ridiculous belief that the majority in Ult sits at their computer 24/7 dcing. We have DCs, just like you want, but they're active. Why is that complicated?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 27 Sep 2012 at 23:53.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 00:12   #240
oil

Quote:
Well done for finally catching up! That's precisely why Planetarion needs to change, as more and more people determine that waking up for this game is pointless.
ah! so what you've been trying to say all along is that the game should better accommodate the less committed! no wonder you've been so irritated by my reading comprehension, i'd missed you mentioning anything at all to do with that before now. sorry!
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 00:20   #241
Shev
So what?

Quote:
ah! so what you've been trying to say all along is that the game should better accommodate the less committed! no wonder you've been so irritated by my reading comprehension, i'd missed you mentioning anything at all to do with that before now. sorry!
Quote:
Yes, like I said, you actually can't read.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 02:27   #242
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
We can go backwards and forwards saying noone is reading each others posts all day, but it's pointless really. I am agreeing with a lot of what you say. Show me where I said Ult being better was down to anything other than activity?

And I don't see that disbanding an alliance with no dcs is a useless suggestion. It's either that or recruit them. I'm not really trying to offer you advice though, it's your alliance, if you're happy with it that's enough for me.

All I'm trying to do is puncture this ridiculous belief that the majority in Ult sits at their computer 24/7 dcing. We have DCs, just like you want, but they're active. Why is that complicated?
No one (except you) has suggested that they believe that every Ult member sits at his computer 24/7.

You may not have said that Ult's superiority wasn't due to activity but you did imply that activity wasn't essential by asserting that you only log in twice a day.

I said that Ult is much more active than CT - you agreed.
I said that CT has no DCs and that it needs some - you said that Ult has active DCs. You also said that CT should get some DCs or disband.

We dared to suggest that your advice wasn't very helpful.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:15   #243
Shev
So what?

Quote:
No one (except you) has suggested that they believe that every Ult member sits at his computer 24/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil
The reason why ct, and i imgaine nd or whoever else you aim this crap at, don't have an alliance full of members willing to put in the dedication to dc their incs 24/7 is because those kinds of players, with small exceptions, all join each other in alliances like ult or app.
Really? This is getting silly now.

Quote:
You may not have said that Ult's superiority wasn't due to activity but you did imply that activity wasn't essential by asserting that you only log in twice a day.
It's obviously not essential as that's exactly what I've done. I'm not saying that everyone involved with Ult did the same.

Quote:
We dared to suggest that your advice wasn't very helpful.
It wasn't meant to be. I don't have any good answers as I think it's PA that needs to change rather than the majority of the playerbase.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:17   #244
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Stylez1877 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joops and I DC'd other people all the time. About 230 times...if you want to keep track.

Thanks for the credit.
Round 5:The End of Tim3 9:23:9 (NRK)
Round 6: Sekigahari of Malakhi 13:15:6 (Guild)
Round 7: =- Arutha -= The Prince of Krondor 29:17:13 (NoS)
Round 8: Forget..(Adelante/Fang)
Round 9: 5:5:7 1010100101101010 of 101101010110 (NoS)
Stylez1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:16   #245
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez1877 View Post
Joops and I DC'd other people all the time. About 230 times...if you want to keep track.
As in past tense, as in not this round?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:23   #246
Blue_Esper

Here's my solution to defense...(the responding of other members part)
create an option that is only available for use by alliance via a new tab on alliance page titles "defense ships"
each member can dedicate 1-3 fleets of the 3 already available fleets and what ships they wish to allow the alliance to be able to use. On the "Fleets" page, a checkbox to allow alliance to use a fleet "Gamma" for alliance defense. then another "base fleet" with the ships you are prepared to give to your alliance

EG. In my alliance defense fleet i have corsairs and rogues and 1 fleet available
on the defense ships page in "Alliance" you can see my nickname and next to it the # of ships and what ships they are and how many fleets are available and underneath a coords box like on the fleets page just simply type in the coords and tick which ships you want sent and not needing to wake up during the night to send defense is solved! However if you want defense yourself and don't have a dc for yourself you'll still need to get up and organise it, there has to be some level of activity!
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:24   #247
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The solution is preventing people from launching attacks when they're asleep.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:37   #248
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Here's my solution to defense...(the responding of other members part)
create an option that is only available for use by alliance via a new tab on alliance page titles "defense ships"
each member can dedicate 1-3 fleets of the 3 already available fleets and what ships they wish to allow the alliance to be able to use. On the "Fleets" page, a checkbox to allow alliance to use a fleet "Gamma" for alliance defense. then another "base fleet" with the ships you are prepared to give to your alliance
lol, isn't that a feature in um *can't mention the name of the game due to risk of account closure* Spinner's new game?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 13:28   #249
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

So basically 60 accounts in an alliance being run by 3 to 4 active players at night? Doesn't apprime do that already and call it VNC??
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 14:24   #250
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Really? This is getting silly now..
oil's quote does not say that all Ult members sit at their keyboards 24/7 - it says that 24/7 players join alliances "like ult and app". (Not that I necessarily agree with that - but I hope you can see the difference).

Quote:
It's obviously not essential as that's exactly what I've done. I'm not saying that everyone involved with Ult did the same.

It wasn't meant to be. I don't have any good answers as I think it's PA that needs to change rather than the majority of the playerbase.
I think we can now agree on the rest.

The playing options that you have (to sleep for example) are those that I'm saying we haven't had in CT (this round) - for the reasons that I've outlined.

And I definitely agree that the game should be changed. Not to make activity pointless (it should be rewarded) but to encourage defence cultures and to make it necessary to be online to attack your targets. See my many posts about the "evils" of pre-launch and smaller tags as evidence of this.